Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strangely Optimistic 18:28 - Jan 14 with 5424 viewsTreforys_Jack

After today, anyone else?
Strangely Optimistic on 19:04 - Jan 14 with 2477 viewsHugeEnkins

Strangely Optimistic on 18:56 - Jan 14 by malagajack

No but his mate Jim beam is pretty good

They sound like a winning combo right now 😂👍
Strangely Optimistic on 19:05 - Jan 14 with 2456 viewsswan65split

change Dyers Ki s name to dele alli......then we get a pen.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 19:06]
Strangely Optimistic on 19:10 - Jan 14 with 2419 viewshammy

Certainly not overly pessimistic. The fact that we're still only 1 win away from safety after all the crap home results means that we still have a realistic chance of getting out of trouble. We need to start scoring first when we're having some goodpossession and then getting large slices of luck (instead of it going the other way) ... we need to start trading a Ki penalty for us versus a Delia Alli penalty against us !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Strangely Optimistic on 20:46 - Jan 14 with 2245 viewsjack2jack

Sort of but we need to play,for 90 minutes, we also need some serious quality in a few key areas ie centre back, midfield, wing, and attack
Strangely Optimistic on 20:51 - Jan 14 with 2220 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'm fairly optimistic that we'll be competitive in the Championship next season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Strangely Optimistic on 21:31 - Jan 14 with 2121 viewsAngelRangelQS

I thought there was a lot more to be positive about today than most games this season if I'm honest.

It's going to take Clement time to make his mark on the team and obviously we do need a few signings to help with that. Particularly players who can act as leaders on the pitch and calm stuff down when we lose our heads as we did for the ten minute spell before arsenals second.

The side is totally devoid of any leaders and in the absence of any real class, that's a worry.
Strangely Optimistic on 21:43 - Jan 14 with 2079 viewsunion_jack

Strangely Optimistic on 20:51 - Jan 14 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm fairly optimistic that we'll be competitive in the Championship next season.

I'm not and I'm being deadly serious!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Strangely Optimistic on 21:49 - Jan 14 with 2056 viewsfbreath

We need to take our chances when we create them. To many wasted in the first half and why don't we sometimes cross the ball low and hard. They got two spawnny goals from deflections

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Strangely Optimistic on 22:53 - Jan 14 with 1921 viewsKilkennyjack

Strangely Optimistic on 21:43 - Jan 14 by union_jack

I agree. This squad, playing as it has this season, would be no higher than Cardiff City.

Beware of the Risen People

Strangely Optimistic on 22:55 - Jan 14 with 1911 viewsKilkennyjack

Strangely Optimistic on 21:43 - Jan 14 by union_jack

I agree. This squad, playing as it has this season, would be no higher than Cardiff City.

Beware of the Risen People

Strangely Optimistic on 23:43 - Jan 14 with 1820 viewsmajorraglan

Strangely Optimistic on 22:55 - Jan 14 by Kilkennyjack

If things carry on as they are it will be Championship football down at the Liberty next season. If thats the case, then hopefully Paul Clement will be given the opportunity to rebuild a squad that will be competitive at that level and capable of gaining promotion back to the PL.

The Swans are not down yet, fortunately there are 4 teams struggling at the bottom who are much of a muchness. if one team can start string a few results together they could easily pull away, let's hope that team is Swansea. Three new players have or are joining on permanent deals, that still leaves room for 2 loan players, the playing side still needs reinforcing and we have to hope that 2 quality players are sourced.

The Championship is a hard league, its physical and the teams play 46 games a season, a large proportion of the current squad may not want to compete at that lower level.

Love him or hate him, Neil Warnock seems to be doing the business in Cardiff - they are out of the drop zone and moving up the table. Let's hope PC can do the best.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 0:45]
Strangely Optimistic on 02:25 - Jan 15 with 1711 viewsCooperman

PC has got to build the confidence.

We can play football but the positive mentality seems so fragile right now. Go a goal down and the confidence just leaks away; we need a leader on the pitch as well as in the technical area. Ash was a true leader on the pitch and we've not replaced this aspect of the game.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Strangely Optimistic on 08:16 - Jan 15 with 1564 viewspencoedjack

Strangely Optimistic on 19:05 - Jan 14 by swan65split

change Dyers Ki s name to dele alli......then we get a pen.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 19:06]

This ^

If that had been an Arsenal player going down it would of been a certain penalty
Strangely Optimistic on 09:52 - Jan 15 with 1459 viewsPegojack

Not optimistic for our chances of staying up, but reasonably optimistic of our chances next season in the Championship if (a) Clement is retained and allowed to select his own players (b) we can keep hold of our talented youngsters (c) we can sell off the deadwood in our squad to re-invest and (d) Jenkins is fecked off out of the club.

The gulf in class between our players this season and the rest of the Premier League is obvious. Although our defence is abysmal, our failure in the final third is just as bad. Yesterday, we had two or three clear cut chances from distance before they'd scored, and we fluffed them all. Siggy, Cork and Dyer all put them over the bar.

Why can't professional footballers hit a target 24 foot by 8 foot when given a clear sight of goal? And the worst offender was FF in the second half, when a badly cleared corner fell to him 12 yards out with no Arsenal player near him. I was taught in junior school that when you shoot, you need to get over the ball so that your head, knee and instep are in a vertical line over the ball, then you drive through it. What does this guy do, who's earning maybe £30-40k a week to kick a football? He leans back and side-foots it so it sails over the bar. Utterly inexcusable.

Sorry to have to criticise FF again, but he was mainly culpable for the first goal too. I hope Clement shows him the video tomorrow morning. When the ball skits across our six yard box out to the other edge of the area, an Arsenal player picks it up and Naughton goes to confront him. FF is in the centre of goal, looks round, spots Ozil unmarked on the penalty spot three or four yards from him, and what does he do? He POINTS at him to say someone pick him up, then trots out from the centre of goal towards Naughton's back!

Naughton allows the cross to come in. FF is in no man's land marking thin air, Ozil has a free header which Mawson can only deflect into the path of Giroud for a tap in. FFS, Fernandez, don't point at a player and run away from him, MARK HIM, IT IS YOUR FECKIN JOB.

Maybe Clement can sort out these defensive errors, but he can't compensate for lack of goal-scoring ability. This, and Jenkins' useless recruitment, is why we are likely to go down.

JENKINS OUT.
Strangely Optimistic on 09:59 - Jan 15 with 1434 viewsRevJames

Strangely Optimistic on 23:43 - Jan 14 by majorraglan

If things carry on as they are it will be Championship football down at the Liberty next season. If thats the case, then hopefully Paul Clement will be given the opportunity to rebuild a squad that will be competitive at that level and capable of gaining promotion back to the PL.

The Swans are not down yet, fortunately there are 4 teams struggling at the bottom who are much of a muchness. if one team can start string a few results together they could easily pull away, let's hope that team is Swansea. Three new players have or are joining on permanent deals, that still leaves room for 2 loan players, the playing side still needs reinforcing and we have to hope that 2 quality players are sourced.

The Championship is a hard league, its physical and the teams play 46 games a season, a large proportion of the current squad may not want to compete at that lower level.

Love him or hate him, Neil Warnock seems to be doing the business in Cardiff - they are out of the drop zone and moving up the table. Let's hope PC can do the best.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 0:45]

"A large proportion of the current squad may not want to compete at that lower level..."

They can't compete in the Premier League!

In the real world outside football, most of them would struggle to keep their jobs based on performance.
Strangely Optimistic on 10:04 - Jan 15 with 1224 viewsPegojack

Strangely Optimistic on 09:59 - Jan 15 by RevJames

"A large proportion of the current squad may not want to compete at that lower level..."

They can't compete in the Premier League!

In the real world outside football, most of them would struggle to keep their jobs based on performance.

If/when we get relegated, I would expect the following from yesterday's team to move on - Fab, Naughton, FF, Ki, Siggy, Llorente.

I'd like to get rid of Routledge, Dyer, Cork and Fer too, but who would have them? Montero and Barrow will also probably go.

I like Mawson and hope we can keep hold of him, he is beginning to look like the next Ashley. I like McBurnie's attitude if not his socks, he will come good next season. Kingsley too. Let's hope Clement is given time and money to build his squad up from there.
Strangely Optimistic on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 1210 viewsjohnlangy

Yes.

The team looked far more organised, far more up for it. ND has frustrated the hell out of me for ages but, yesterday I was amazed to see him doing what he used to be good at. Picking up the ball and just running straight at them. And doing that made things happen. It didn't result in a goal but it was great to see.

Ozil and Sanchez were fantastic yesterday. And when they got the second incredibly lucky goal it gave their whole team a huge boost (not that they didn't look as if they'd score anyway). They were all really up for it then.

Many people are complaining about the signing of Carroll but if he's the type to keep the ball moving quicker (I can't remember enough about his playing style i'm afraid), instead of turning back and sideways all the time then i'll be happy.

Add Ollson and a CB to the defence. Then hopefully Narsingh is a winger who actually crosses the ball and things will really look up.
Strangely Optimistic on 20:46 - Jan 21 with 1091 viewsTreforys_Jack

Followed up my optimism by picking up £200........................ thank you skybet.
Strangely Optimistic on 21:07 - Jan 21 with 1025 viewsbonymine

Strangely Optimistic on 20:46 - Jan 21 by Treforys_Jack

Followed up my optimism by picking up £200........................ thank you skybet.

Nice one mate well done 👍 nice little pick up that !

#KeeptheFaith

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Strangely Optimistic on 21:43 - Jan 21 with 973 viewsmonmouth

We are actually in a spookily similar position to where we were after 22 games last season, fourth from bottom, one/two points ahead of the chasers, and we ended up ahead of teams that were seven points better off.

It is very doable. No reason why not at all. If not for the insane pick of BooBoo over Clement and wasting 11 precious games, I think we'd be about 12th.

Doable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Strangely Optimistic on 21:48 - Jan 21 with 958 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Strangely Optimistic on 21:43 - Jan 21 by monmouth

We are actually in a spookily similar position to where we were after 22 games last season, fourth from bottom, one/two points ahead of the chasers, and we ended up ahead of teams that were seven points better off.

It is very doable. No reason why not at all. If not for the insane pick of BooBoo over Clement and wasting 11 precious games, I think we'd be about 12th.

Doable.

We've still got a c*nter of a set of fixtures coming up though.

I remember thinking earlier today that the only way we'll survive is if we pull off a sequence of completely implausible results the way Wigan did a few years ago (given we utterly f*cked up the run of 'winnable' games we had under Bob.)

Well, we got one today. We need a few more though.

Let implausibility reign.
If Trump can do it...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Strangely Optimistic on 21:54 - Jan 21 with 938 viewsbonymine

Strangely Optimistic on 21:43 - Jan 21 by monmouth

Doable.

Yes Monny I tend to agree that those 11 'lost games' under Bob will come back to haunt us ...

Anyway, after today we have some hope to cling on to and if we can bring today's guile and performance into the Southampton game and beyond then we will have a fighting chance of staying up.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Strangely Optimistic on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 928 viewsmonmouth

Strangely Optimistic on 21:48 - Jan 21 by FearOfAJackPlanet

We've still got a c*nter of a set of fixtures coming up though.

I remember thinking earlier today that the only way we'll survive is if we pull off a sequence of completely implausible results the way Wigan did a few years ago (given we utterly f*cked up the run of 'winnable' games we had under Bob.)

Well, we got one today. We need a few more though.

Let implausibility reign.
If Trump can do it...

Two games can change everything. Beat Soton, who aren't that consistent this year, and then have two free shots at Manchester and Chelsea (who all the others still have to play too) and catch Leicester when they are caught up in the champions league.

Optimisms contagious.

Lose to Soton and it's back on the chain gang.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Strangely Optimistic on 22:05 - Jan 21 with 889 viewsBanosswan

Strangely Optimistic on 21:56 - Jan 21 by monmouth

Two games can change everything. Beat Soton, who aren't that consistent this year, and then have two free shots at Manchester and Chelsea (who all the others still have to play too) and catch Leicester when they are caught up in the champions league.

Optimisms contagious.

Lose to Soton and it's back on the chain gang.

Plus the disparity between the top 6/7 and the rest is possibly bigger than last year. I think (hope?)a lower points total will keep teams up.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Strangely Optimistic on 22:05 - Jan 21 with 883 viewsDrGonzo

#IfTrumpCanDoIt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024