Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking at Morrisons Neath 16:29 - Feb 20 with 34458 viewsowainglyndwr

Parking Eye Ltd are trying to fine us.
But before Christmas when parking at Morrisons all the payment machines had notes saying that they are not working.
But at the start of the new year we had the first letter with a fine.
Which I have ignored and will not pay.
We parked for 3hrs .14 mins after shopping in Neath but also doing our Morrisons shop and having a meal there.
Has anyone else had this problem
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:52 - Feb 25 with 3700 viewsowainglyndwr

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:25 - Feb 25 by STID2017

Glad you got a positive outcome.
Don't always count on it re parking issues though !

Another thing
We payed at the new meters yesterday but behind me up on a lampost was the term and conditions.
Now if you use reading glasses you would have to use a ladder to get up and read them.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 09:34 - Feb 25 with 3685 viewsSTID2017

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 08:52 - Feb 25 by owainglyndwr

Another thing
We payed at the new meters yesterday but behind me up on a lampost was the term and conditions.
Now if you use reading glasses you would have to use a ladder to get up and read them.

I would ask for the Store Manager, take him out and show him this, as otherwise he is going to have a lot of unhappy customers not abiding by T & C's they can't read !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 12:34 - Apr 8 with 3430 viewsjack_lord

My M-I-L has just received a parking "ticket" for exceeding three hours at Morrisons Morfa. She is obviously upset.
My first response was to tell her to ignore it but after reading through most of the messages on here it seems times have changed.
She has lost her receipt but will have a copy of her bank statement showing that her account was debited by Morrisons at around the time of the charge.
Who has had dealings with Morrisons in Morfa for similar and what was the outcome?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 12:41 - Apr 8 with 3420 viewsmonmouth

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 12:34 - Apr 8 by jack_lord

My M-I-L has just received a parking "ticket" for exceeding three hours at Morrisons Morfa. She is obviously upset.
My first response was to tell her to ignore it but after reading through most of the messages on here it seems times have changed.
She has lost her receipt but will have a copy of her bank statement showing that her account was debited by Morrisons at around the time of the charge.
Who has had dealings with Morrisons in Morfa for similar and what was the outcome?

Go in store and cause a fuss. Tell them you spend well over £100 a week there and if you pay this charge you will never spend another penny there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:42 - Apr 8 with 3416 viewsmax936

We paid the parking fee/fine that my Lad had up in Llandarcy eventually, just read up on things and decided it was for the best in the end.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 12:49 - Apr 8 with 3404 viewsNeath_Jack

I've had 3 or 4 separate parking "fines" from B&Q Morfa over the years, all from football day parking.

I've ignored them all.

Last one was a year or two ago though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 12:53 - Apr 8 with 3394 viewsjack2jack

Twice I've dealt with these clowns in Morrisons.
Spoke to the manager, who eventually gave in and got them cancelled, probably just to get rid of me as I was in the middle of the shop giving him what for.
Thing is if you go shopping there and have a meal, say afterwards 3 hours just isn't long enough.
Anyway try appealing to his better nature first off.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:00 - Apr 8 with 3380 viewstrampie

Who's side is the police on in all this caper ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:02 - Apr 8 with 3369 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:00 - Apr 8 by trampie

Nothing to do with the rozzers, tramp.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:04 - Apr 8 with 3362 viewsmax936

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:00 - Apr 8 by trampie

Its got absolutely nothing to do with the Police its purely a Civil matter has its on Private land, if a criminal act was committed on that land then it becomes a Police matter.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:13 - Apr 8 with 3347 viewstrampie

What is the definition of profiteering ?, I believe certain forms of it are illegal in the UK ?

So the police are about as useful as chocolate teapots then are they.............hmm figures.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 13:47 - Apr 8 with 3313 viewsPrivate_Partz

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 17:49 - Feb 20 by sherpajacob

https://casehub.com/blog/parking-eye-civil-claims-bankrupt-CCJ-county-court-judg

You can ignore if you wish, many parking companies don't take drivers to court. Parking eye do, by the thousand.

You will get numerous invoices and reminders from parking eye, ignore these if you wish.

They will follow this up with a letter before court action, best not to ignore.

Then you may get some stuff from Northampton county court business centre. It looks amateur ish, and you may think it a scam, if you ignore this you will get a ccj against you by default.

Then the next time you apply for a mortgage, loan, credit card or mobile phone you will be turned down.

Do not pay them a penny, they are thieving scrum, but don't ignore them, they will abuse the small claims court to screw you over.

Go to Morrison's with your receipt and don't leave until they've agreed to cancel it.

Almost exactly the same happened with me.
In the Seabank hotel in Porthcawl.
The machine was not working. It took some of my money, would not print a ticket, and then refused to refund me my cash.
I therfore parked for a time less than the money the machine had taken (pro rate) and left a note on my windscreen telling them they had a faulty machine.
SIX weeks later I had an invoice from them for a 100 quid. By which time I had forgotten how much the tariff was, how much I had paid and destroyed my original note to them.
I appealed to Parking Eye. They dismissed it. I appealed to POPLA (the next stage for appeals). They dismissed it. I wrote to the owners of the Seabank Hotel. They refused to help.
I refused to pay all invoices until I had the letter threatening court action and paid up .
I hope the OP has better luck with Morrisons.
Parking Eye are unscrupulous crooks. POPLA are useless and actually in the pay of the Parking Companies. Some of the companies that use PE, like the Seabank are crooks as well. It would not surprise me if the have a cut of the millions PE get for these invoices.
All because a judge ruled in their favour and the Tory Govy have allowed this to continue.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 3267 viewsjack_lord

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 12:53 - Apr 8 by jack2jack

Twice I've dealt with these clowns in Morrisons.
Spoke to the manager, who eventually gave in and got them cancelled, probably just to get rid of me as I was in the middle of the shop giving him what for.
Thing is if you go shopping there and have a meal, say afterwards 3 hours just isn't long enough.
Anyway try appealing to his better nature first off.

The wife and daughter had food in the cafe with her and she did her shopping separately afterwards.

How was the manager?

Did you ask to speak to him and was he decent or start of with the line that it was your fault?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 16:52 - Apr 8 with 3235 viewsWxmJax

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/money/millions-parking-tickets-i

My wife paid once. Then we had another one which I ignored. We had several follow up letters until someone gave me a template letter saying that they were harassing me and that if they didn't stop within 28 days I would take the matter further. I had a letter within 7 days saying that the matter had been dropped.
We then got another one (what is it with women drivers ?) which I ignored and have done ever since. Follow up letters said that if I don't pay within 7 days they "may" take me to court, a reduced 'fine' if I pay within 7 days, 'solicitors' letters saying pay now at the reduced rate or court proceedings 'may' take place etc etc
I just ignored them all. Nothing's happened since.

Not a recommendation, just what I have done.

The above link that I found is quite interesting.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 16:53]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 19:10 - Apr 8 with 3160 viewsjack2jack

Parking at Morrisons Swansea on 15:24 - Apr 8 by jack_lord

The wife and daughter had food in the cafe with her and she did her shopping separately afterwards.

How was the manager?

Did you ask to speak to him and was he decent or start of with the line that it was your fault?

Yes I asked to speak to him, he was a little dismissive at the start, but once we explained, that there had been a hold up in the cafe, he eventually gave up, think it helped that I was making a bit of a fuss in the middle of the store, saying that we would never shop there ever again, and that I felt it was disgusting that they were treating their customers in this way.
I think that a bit of tack and diplomacy would be a better start, before getting the big guns out tbh.
Don't take any nonsense that he can't do anything about it because he can.
Hope you get a result, these parking companies are vermin.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:12 - Apr 8 with 3111 viewsJack_Meoff

The DVLA is a part of the UK government isn't it? Or a branch of? Why are they selling citizens' information on to these f*cking scummy low life private parking firms?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:17 - Apr 8 with 3101 viewstrampie

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:12 - Apr 8 by Jack_Meoff

The DVLA is a part of the UK government isn't it? Or a branch of? Why are they selling citizens' information on to these f*cking scummy low life private parking firms?

No good contacting the police then, they were called Maggies private army, a glorified militia.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:21 - Apr 8 with 3090 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:12 - Apr 8 by Jack_Meoff

Yes. And because the law allows it.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:25 - Apr 8 with 3089 viewsAmbergambler

This happened to me at Tescos.

I rang customer services at the head office, asked for someone who had the authority to cancel the fine and explained if was a one off and how much I spend there every week. They cancelled it immediately.

Ring the head office and if you're a regular Morrisons shopper threaten to go elsewhere.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:27 - Apr 8 with 3081 viewsJack_Meoff

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:21 - Apr 8 by exiledclaseboy

Thought as much. Then the law is, as they say, an ass.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:45 - Apr 8 with 3060 viewsdonnybackspin

Go to Morrisons for peace of mind and give them what for, personally I would ignore it.

I have been done numerous times in many cities and ignore them, it's very rare they actualk take you to court and if they do you still only pay the original fine. They can't charge you court fees or increase the fine, the government is clamping down on parking companies. Went to see a solicitor with one I received in London and he told me to ignore it!!
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 22:03 - Apr 8 with 3040 viewsdonnybackspin

Here's a good tip my mate taught me it's a must for car parks where you are photographed on the way in and out.... cover your number plate on the way out!! Just use a magazine or brochure and cover your rear number plate on the way out. I use all the time these days when parking at the services or in supermarkets.
Parking at Morrisons Neath on 23:13 - Apr 8 with 3004 viewsPrivate_Partz

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 21:21 - Apr 8 by exiledclaseboy

The law allows it and Parking Eye know it. Some poxy judge decided a 100 quid charge was sufficient to prevent their T and Cs being flouted.
Since then court cases have spiralled along with the profits of Parking Eye and their ilk.
The company owning the Seabank in Porthcawl admitted to me that they owned the car park and Parking Eye were their contractor managing it for them. Still they refused to speak to PE making me think they were getting a cut.
Be very careful ignoring the court letters. It used to be good practice before the dick of a judge ruled. Now these crooks have the law on their side.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 23:24 - Apr 8 with 2995 viewsJack_Meoff

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 23:13 - Apr 8 by Private_Partz

The law allows it and Parking Eye know it. Some poxy judge decided a 100 quid charge was sufficient to prevent their T and Cs being flouted.
Since then court cases have spiralled along with the profits of Parking Eye and their ilk.
The company owning the Seabank in Porthcawl admitted to me that they owned the car park and Parking Eye were their contractor managing it for them. Still they refused to speak to PE making me think they were getting a cut.
Be very careful ignoring the court letters. It used to be good practice before the dick of a judge ruled. Now these crooks have the law on their side.

The UK government serves profiteering to the detriment of the public. The exact opposite of what they're meant to do in a 'democracy.'

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 12:39 - Apr 9 with 2880 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking at Morrisons Neath on 23:13 - Apr 8 by Private_Partz

When you register your car with the DVLA, they get deed and title of your vehicle while you retain the equity and become just the registered keeper. This gives them the right to sell your details to whoever they wish. It's not right, but it's a money earner and gives them and the Govt and judiciary financial leverage over us.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024