Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Members’ Forum Announced 16:28 - Mar 28 with 11188 viewsSwansTrust

A Swans Trust Members’ Forum is to be held at the Liberty Stadium on Tuesday 4 April at 7.30pm.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/03/23/trust-members-forum-announced/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 09:48 - Apr 4 with 1455 viewsDarran

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 08:20 - Apr 4 by Landore_Jack

Looking forward to this later. Are there any particular questions which people would like to ask?

Can't see me making tonight I've been throwing up all night but people want to make sure they don't use the invested/investment words because they haven't invested a penny in the club.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 09:53 - Apr 4 with 1450 viewsShaky

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 09:48 - Apr 4 by Darran

Can't see me making tonight I've been throwing up all night but people want to make sure they don't use the invested/investment words because they haven't invested a penny in the club.

What is your preferred terminology to describe the purchase of shares in the amount of around £70 million, Des?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:10 - Apr 4 with 1426 viewsDarran

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 09:53 - Apr 4 by Shaky

What is your preferred terminology to describe the purchase of shares in the amount of around £70 million, Des?

You can call what you want Butt but money going in the pockets of the sellouts isn't investment in the club however much you'd like to disagree.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:12 - Apr 4 with 1427 viewsmonmouth

How and when do they intend to take money out of the club....sorry, make a return on their investment. What are they paying Jenkins and Dineen to take us down? What has Pearlman done to earn his salary so far? What payment, if any have been made to directors or their investment clients behind the scenes?

Yeah I know. That's why it is now a pointless PR exercise. It's just like any limited company and that's exactly what you can expect. How they run the enterprise and what they do with it is not a concern for the 'customers'.

Ok then. Why did you stich the Trust up in concert with the scummy sellouts and why the hell should the Trust trust you ever again? Cue meaningless platitudes and bridge building arsewa*k.

#justanothercrappyfootballclub

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:25 - Apr 4 with 1406 viewsShaky

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:10 - Apr 4 by Darran

You can call what you want Butt but money going in the pockets of the sellouts isn't investment in the club however much you'd like to disagree.

Let me ask you this, Desmond: If you buy shares in British Telecom, have you made an investment?

If you believe the answer to be yes, then shut the fcuk up about this investment/non-investment business. It is quite simply trifling semantics that impresses only those who don't really have any conception of what is going on.

Do you really think that those who have just spunked £70 million to buy control of the club have not considered and modelled the possibility that they might have to inject additional financing into the club?

This is a red herring.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:38 - Apr 4 with 1386 viewsDarran

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:25 - Apr 4 by Shaky

Let me ask you this, Desmond: If you buy shares in British Telecom, have you made an investment?

If you believe the answer to be yes, then shut the fcuk up about this investment/non-investment business. It is quite simply trifling semantics that impresses only those who don't really have any conception of what is going on.

Do you really think that those who have just spunked £70 million to buy control of the club have not considered and modelled the possibility that they might have to inject additional financing into the club?

This is a red herring.

They have not invested one penny in the football club to,in the words of Huw Jenkins take the football club to the next level and it is very unlikely that they will.

Now I see where you are coming from and you also see where I'm coming from but you're just being the usual prick.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:56 - Apr 4 with 1364 viewsEasternJack

It's a matter of perspective. But for me, this is an investment in the club.

Clearly this is an investment for the new owners as they had to spend ~£70M to secure ownership of their shares in the club. The fact that this money went to the previous owners of those shares is irrelevant. The americans are not doing this for love and will be looking for a return on THEIR investment. This can only be securely achieved if we retain our premier league status.

And as much as it may hurt - the truth is that the new owners have more skin in the game than anyone else. Technically, more so than anyone ever has in the history of our club. I find it fascinating that people on here seem to hate them for backing themselves to realise our club's potential by investing their own money.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 10:59]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:59 - Apr 4 with 1355 viewsDarran

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:56 - Apr 4 by EasternJack

Clearly this is an investment for the new owners as they had to spend ~£70M to secure ownership of their shares in the club. The fact that this money went to the previous owners of those shares is irrelevant. The americans are not doing this for love and will be looking for a return on THEIR investment. This can only be securely achieved if we retain our premier league status.

And as much as it may hurt - the truth is that the new owners have more skin in the game than anyone else. Technically, more so than anyone ever has in the history of our club. I find it fascinating that people on here seem to hate them for backing themselves to realise our club's potential by investing their own money.

Irrelevant my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:04 - Apr 4 with 1348 viewsEasternJack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:59 - Apr 4 by Darran

Irrelevant my arse.

Articulate and polite as usual Darran.

Let me make it simple for you. The new owners spend ~£70M of their own money to purchase our club for the purpose of profit. The very definition of investment.

Now, even if they wanted to INJECT additional funds into the club (without incurring debt), it would create an untenable situation with the other shareholders who would either have to match the amount pro-rata or accept a dilution.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 1338 viewsDarran

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:04 - Apr 4 by EasternJack

Articulate and polite as usual Darran.

Let me make it simple for you. The new owners spend ~£70M of their own money to purchase our club for the purpose of profit. The very definition of investment.

Now, even if they wanted to INJECT additional funds into the club (without incurring debt), it would create an untenable situation with the other shareholders who would either have to match the amount pro-rata or accept a dilution.

So you agree they haven't actually invested any money into the football club to take it to the next level then?

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:28 - Apr 4 with 1322 viewsShaky

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 10:56 - Apr 4 by EasternJack

. . .to the tune of around 300 x/times more than anybody else has ever invested, which in sum amounted to a mere £1 million.

I bet the Yanks paid their legal and financial advisors at least twice that much in expenses.

What if they were now to buy new shares for £2million, which would then mean they had invested 2x more than had ever been invested before?

Would that mean they had invested? The answer is yes and no, because it is still peanuts in the greater scheme of things.

The point is to have a sensible discussion about future investment plans for material expenditures like the stadium and players.

To focus on nit picking over the precise classification of the £70 million already invested is a stupid and amateurish distraction.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 1320 viewsEasternJack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:12 - Apr 4 by Darran

So you agree they haven't actually invested any money into the football club to take it to the next level then?

Yes.

Do you agree that they've invested their own money to buy our football club for future profit?

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:31 - Apr 4 with 1316 viewsDarran

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:29 - Apr 4 by EasternJack

Yes.

Do you agree that they've invested their own money to buy our football club for future profit?

Absolutely and as per usual with our fans when we end up like Portsmouth it'll be too late.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:43 - Apr 4 with 1307 viewsMoscowJack

1/ Who are the individuals who have put up the 70m for them to buy the club? Why the secrecy and lack of transparency?

2/ Why did they sell the future revenue from the Ayew sale to Santander instead of either investing their own money, money of other "behind-the-scenes investors or taking a low interest loan?

I might be wrong but I would imagine that Santander's rate/fee for this sort of transaction would have been a lot, lot higher than simply taking a shorter-term loan, especially with rates available at such low cost at the moment?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:52 - Apr 4 with 1284 viewsLoyal

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:43 - Apr 4 by MoscowJack

1/ Who are the individuals who have put up the 70m for them to buy the club? Why the secrecy and lack of transparency?

2/ Why did they sell the future revenue from the Ayew sale to Santander instead of either investing their own money, money of other "behind-the-scenes investors or taking a low interest loan?

I might be wrong but I would imagine that Santander's rate/fee for this sort of transaction would have been a lot, lot higher than simply taking a shorter-term loan, especially with rates available at such low cost at the moment?

You will know from your long experience of Swansea City matters Nick that these questions won't be answered, and there desont seem too many people prepared to ask them.
These profile matters should be asked by the Trust and the answers made public from the forum.

But as I said.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:17 - Apr 4 with 1244 viewsUxbridge

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:28 - Apr 4 by Shaky

. . .to the tune of around 300 x/times more than anybody else has ever invested, which in sum amounted to a mere £1 million.

I bet the Yanks paid their legal and financial advisors at least twice that much in expenses.

What if they were now to buy new shares for £2million, which would then mean they had invested 2x more than had ever been invested before?

Would that mean they had invested? The answer is yes and no, because it is still peanuts in the greater scheme of things.

The point is to have a sensible discussion about future investment plans for material expenditures like the stadium and players.

To focus on nit picking over the precise classification of the £70 million already invested is a stupid and amateurish distraction.

I'd agree, if certain people hadn't been representing this deal as financially benefiting the football club in some way. Hence why that distinction is important to many.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:18 - Apr 4 with 1236 viewsUxbridge

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:52 - Apr 4 by Loyal

You will know from your long experience of Swansea City matters Nick that these questions won't be answered, and there desont seem too many people prepared to ask them.
These profile matters should be asked by the Trust and the answers made public from the forum.

But as I said.

The Trust has asked and the answer has not been forthcoming. There is certainly no media blackout on tonight, so it'd be lovely if someone asked them again. Hopefully there'll be an answer.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:22 - Apr 4 with 1228 viewsUxbridge

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 11:43 - Apr 4 by MoscowJack

From what I've seen, on the second point you're incorrect, and anyway this is just a loan secured against a specific future income stream.

On the "why not invested their own money" question, that's an interesting one on many levels. Also, what are we talking about .... a share issue or loans? I'd be interested to know what people think on that, and the potential impact it could have on the Trust shareholding.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:26 - Apr 4 with 1215 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:18 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

The Trust has asked and the answer has not been forthcoming. There is certainly no media blackout on tonight, so it'd be lovely if someone asked them again. Hopefully there'll be an answer.

Why has HJ pulled out of the meeting?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 12:28]

#backtojack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:29 - Apr 4 with 1203 viewsUxbridge

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:26 - Apr 4 by Landore_Jack

Why has HJ pulled out of the meeting?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 12:28]

He wasn't invited.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:35 - Apr 4 with 1191 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:29 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

He wasn't invited.

Why wasn't he invited?

#backtojack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 1170 viewsLoyal

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:18 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

Well Phil Sumbler should, someone with a position to do so. Speak up ffs !
This isn't about someone else it's about the trust and them growing a pair.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 13:00 - Apr 4 with 1146 viewsUxbridge

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:35 - Apr 4 by Landore_Jack

Why wasn't he invited?

At least from a Trust perspective, I think the main purpose of tonight is so that the members get a chance to question the Americans on their actions and their future plans. If Jenkins was in attendance, that would likely turn tonight into something else.

FWIW I gather the Americans were of the same mindset.

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 13:21 - Apr 4 with 1123 viewsQJumpingJack

Tonight could be a potential disaster for the Americans if they have not fully prepared/been briefed.
I would expect there will be some questions they will be unable to answer as they won't know the history/background.
Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 15:06 - Apr 4 with 1074 viewsEasternJack

Trust Members’ Forum Announced on 12:17 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

I'd agree, if certain people hadn't been representing this deal as financially benefiting the football club in some way. Hence why that distinction is important to many.

Again, perspective.

Do you think that the new owners spent £70M without a business plan that didn't implicitly aim to improve value of the club over a defined period of time?

I'd argue that diversifying and maximising our revenue streams through commercial expertise and global contacts is a much better/sustainable measure of "financial benefit" than a one-off cash injection.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024