Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? 17:57 - Apr 28 with 5632 viewsgolly47

Long story short, I have to do a news piece for one of my uni modules, and it has to be an interesting angle. If we do go down, what is the silver lining, and could we see any positives?

Or am I talking complete b0ll0cks and relegation is the worst thing since whole bread? I don't want us to get relegated of course, but needs must with the education system of 'be unique'.

Poll: What was worse?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 00:20 - Apr 29 with 1475 viewsTNT

OP, positives?

Let me just condense that 20,000 word uni essay into one for you...

...no.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 07:16 - Apr 29 with 1431 viewsTNT

I think it's five relegations I've witnessed, make no mistake, it's horrible and it hurts. If this transpires to be your first, brace yourself, cos it ain't nice when it happens.

Yes we'll re-adjust, those of us who stick around, we've been here before, but relegation is a sh*t feeling.

Maybe Leroy could tell the other players how sh*t it is, so they do something about it in these last four games.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 7:21]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 07:53 - Apr 29 with 1416 viewsbyron

If you break it down, we don't get to play the top clubs anymore, we don't get so much money or so much global advertising. But apart from making our players very rich in the last 6 years what else is left apart from memories?? All the money in just goes straight back out to the point it's almost irrelevant. And we still need to sell to break even. Have we got shed loads of talent coming through the academy ranks? If so then maybe, but I haven't really seen it.....we need galvanising somehow....

Benny

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:16 - Apr 29 with 1398 viewsVetchfielder

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 07:16 - Apr 29 by TNT

I think it's five relegations I've witnessed, make no mistake, it's horrible and it hurts. If this transpires to be your first, brace yourself, cos it ain't nice when it happens.

Yes we'll re-adjust, those of us who stick around, we've been here before, but relegation is a sh*t feeling.

Maybe Leroy could tell the other players how sh*t it is, so they do something about it in these last four games.

I haven't felt as bad as that for the 5 relegations I've seen. The reason being that you get used to the idea that you are going down for weeks or even months before it happens. I don't remember thinking in any of those relegations that we didn't deserve to go down, so I haven't been that sad when it actually happens.

Much much much worse was missing out on promotion on the last day of 1976-77 and the losses in the 2 play-off finals, those did hurt, especially the Barnsley one. That affected me for days afterwards.

I don't think there will be many people that would prefer us get relegated but still good things could come out of it if it did happen.

If we go down I can't see us getting promoted again for years but it would bring the off-the-field issues into sharp focus, bring them to a head and resolve them somehow, one way or another. Personally I don't think we can move on and become strong and stable (oops, sorry) again until the sell-outs and the Americans leave.

Relegation might also make us worth watching again too..... the last 3 seasons have not been nice and if we stay up we can expect the same again.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:25 - Apr 29 with 1394 viewsLord_Bony

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:17 - Apr 28 by JackFish

I don't see any benefits to being relegated. If you're a Newcastle then a season or two in the Championship every now and again is probably quite enjoyable, but if we go down we're far more likely to offload most of the big earners and be a mid table to bottom half side.

And it would probably be at least 10 years before we go back up again to the Premier League.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:32 - Apr 29 with 1384 viewslonglostjack

If we go down what will really hurt is the feeling that it was self inflicted and brought about because Swansea's principles have been RAPIDLY eroded over the last two years.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2017 8:38]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 1351 viewsdameedna

Relegation will be what it is. Let go.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 09:23 - Apr 29 with 1341 viewsmonmouth

No, not a good thing in the shape we are in.

I fear we could we'll have to come to terms with it after next weeks round of matches though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 12:00 - Apr 29 with 1264 viewsFlashberryjack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 20:55 - Apr 28 by Jango

I don't think the team is eroding as bad as people think. Yes there's a few ageing players who should have been replaced long ago but they could be an asset in the championship. We'd have to bring in a couple of players to freshen it up also and I think the yanks will do that. Surely they are gonna want to get back up into the premier league. They would have been well aware of the risk of relegation. People who think they are just gonna strip the club need to chill, there's been no signs that they will do that.

"They would have been well aware of the risk of relegation"

Of course they would have been, as they'd be fully aware of the parachute payments, as insurance if things go tits up.

If you think that the Americans are going to invest money into the team if we're relegated, with respect..........your deluded.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 01:02 - Apr 30 with 1136 viewsmajorraglan

I can remember the fall from the First Division in the 80's and the supporters collecting with buckets in the Quadrant for the Save Our Swans appeal, it was not a great time.

I think there will be lots of fall out from a relegation, the old board are likely to cop a lot more stick from the fans as are the new board, players will leave and a lot of non playing support staff are likely to lose their jobs as the budget is cut to reflect the loss of income.

We could also see litigation - IF and it's a big IF the Trust have ground for a case as re the share sale, proving the case may be easier if the value of the shares fall after relegation. It will cost both parties - the lawyers will make money for sure. The local economy will suffer and the profile of Swansea will suffer.

Positives - 8 extra games in the Championship, derby games against Cardiff again and that's just about it.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 01:29 - Apr 30 with 1114 viewsLoyal

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 01:02 - Apr 30 by majorraglan

I can remember the fall from the First Division in the 80's and the supporters collecting with buckets in the Quadrant for the Save Our Swans appeal, it was not a great time.

I think there will be lots of fall out from a relegation, the old board are likely to cop a lot more stick from the fans as are the new board, players will leave and a lot of non playing support staff are likely to lose their jobs as the budget is cut to reflect the loss of income.

We could also see litigation - IF and it's a big IF the Trust have ground for a case as re the share sale, proving the case may be easier if the value of the shares fall after relegation. It will cost both parties - the lawyers will make money for sure. The local economy will suffer and the profile of Swansea will suffer.

Positives - 8 extra games in the Championship, derby games against Cardiff again and that's just about it.

Our rivals are Bristol City, always have been.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 07:12 - Apr 30 with 1068 viewstrampie

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:59 - Apr 28 by Jango

If the likes of West Brom, burnley, Norwich etc can bounce back then there's no reason we can't. There's only 3 or 4 players that would definitely be targets for other prem teams. Keep the majority of the team together, 2 or 3 signings and 1 or 2 fresh blood from the youth and we'd have a great chance. Boro came up with a much worse squad than they've currently got and we're above them. Good coach and team spirit goes a long way

Don't know if the plan has changed in the last few years but in the case of relegation they were going to rip the squad apart big time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:19 - Apr 30 with 1036 viewsjack247

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 07:12 - Apr 30 by trampie

Don't know if the plan has changed in the last few years but in the case of relegation they were going to rip the squad apart big time.

Judging by the long term contracts handed out to fringe/older players earlier in the season, I'd say it's changed.
Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:25 - Apr 30 with 1032 viewsSTID2017

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 18:26 - Apr 28 by pembsjack

For the plastics who want to see the likes of costa, aguero etc its a bad thing.
But for everyone else who can see how murky this club has turned, it might be the only way to clean it up.
Personally I think we are going down and the next few years are going to be brutal. Very little investment(if any) mass sell offs and off field drama are on the horizon. Going to be interesting how many of the recent acquired fans will stand by the club and ride the waves.

It's great to see some of the best players in the world regularly on our doorstep.
It's also great that we've had players like Siggy, Michu, Bony, etc, who we'd never have seen playing for us in the Championship.
If we go down and don't bounce straight back up, season 18/19 will probably see us playing in front of less than 10k at the Liberty for most games. Less if we go down to the "third" division.
So no, IMHO relegation offers no pros and all cons.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:34 - Apr 30 with 1022 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 07:16 - Apr 29 by TNT

Oh I don't know about that. Leroy seems to like it.......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 09:06 - Apr 30 with 994 viewstrampie

Does anybody think relegation could be a good thing? on 08:19 - Apr 30 by jack247

Judging by the long term contracts handed out to fringe/older players earlier in the season, I'd say it's changed.

Yes indeed, unless they sell them of course.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024