Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Logan gone 17:43 - May 10 with 15356 viewsDale2017

Signed for Mansfield according to their Twitter.
Logan gone on 17:45 - May 10 with 7762 viewsfitzochris

Closer to home but a definite step down for a player of his ability.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Logan gone on 17:48 - May 10 with 7728 viewsdingdangblue

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_en4oeXcAAa86O.png:small

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logan gone on 17:49 - May 10 with 7722 viewsPDIDDY

Logan gone on 17:45 - May 10 by fitzochris

More money probably

Gissa job

Logan gone on 17:58 - May 10 with 7652 views1907

Not really the sort of news to inspire season ticket sales. When the inevitable news of NML & Lund also comes out I can imagine the usual "the clubs got no ambition" supporters will be doing their usual moaning and refuse to stump up money.

A bit of good news ala Done signing would rectify that please...
Logan gone on 18:05 - May 10 with 7611 viewsColDale

Are we starting to mirror last Summer? Felt Logan had a good season and was worth sticking by rather than dropping after a couple of dodgy performances back in Jan / Feb. Not sure fitness was as big a factor as was made out. Two short term deals suggested it was never going to be a long term thing, whether that was on his or our part. I think he's done enough when with us to say that when on top form, he's been as good as any keeper we've had.
Logan gone on 18:08 - May 10 with 7566 viewssykeboy

Logan gone on 17:45 - May 10 by fitzochris

Not the same keeper since his injury great team player but can be replaced and Josh is more than capable
Logan gone on 18:33 - May 10 with 7354 viewsChaffRAFC

Is there a reason we're finding out through Conrad and Mansfield Town's twitter accounts and not our own?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Logan gone on 18:34 - May 10 with 7344 viewsKnowlesy

Quietly pleased about this news. He's hardly been one of our top players this year and has conceded far too many soft goals and made too many mistakes. Hopefully Lillis will be raring to go in the new season and we'll get another 'keeper in as backup / competition.

He's dropped down a division for a reason, I have a feeling that Keith has told him that his place is not guaranteed which may be the driver.
Login to get fewer ads

Logan gone on 18:38 - May 10 with 7301 viewsDaleaholic

Logan gone on 18:33 - May 10 by ChaffRAFC

Is there a reason we're finding out through Conrad and Mansfield Town's twitter accounts and not our own?

Out of contract and not necessarily our player any more. Club offered a deal to him but he's chosen to play for fatboy Evans. Odd.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Logan gone on 18:38 - May 10 with 7297 viewsisitme

Logan gone on 18:33 - May 10 by ChaffRAFC

Usually the signing team make the announcement and technically as his contract has expired he is not our player anyway?

Apart from that, no idea. I would expect something to appear tomorrow when someone from the club reacts to posts on this message board.
Logan gone on 19:00 - May 10 with 7120 viewsChaffRAFC

Logan gone on 18:38 - May 10 by isitme

Usually the signing team make the announcement and technically as his contract has expired he is not our player anyway?

Apart from that, no idea. I would expect something to appear tomorrow when someone from the club reacts to posts on this message board.

He's contracted until 30/06. Thats the date all contracts end. Only the year changes. I suspect Leighnne is on holiday so nothing gets updated.

Logan gone on 19:01 - May 10 with 7100 viewsShun

Good keeper but he'd only ever be backup to Lillis. Perhaps the contract we offered him reflected that.
Logan gone on 19:02 - May 10 with 7097 viewsDaleaholic

I believe football clubs are supposed to liaise about these announcements and agree to publish at the same time. I reckon this is Mansfield publishing without agreement rather than any delay from our end.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Logan gone on 19:07 - May 10 with 7062 viewsChaffRAFC

Logan gone on 19:02 - May 10 by Daleaholic

I believe football clubs are supposed to liaise about these announcements and agree to publish at the same time. I reckon this is Mansfield publishing without agreement rather than any delay from our end.

Aye very possibly.

With regards Conrad. Will certainly go down as one of our better goalkeepers and I'm sad to see him go but was also a tad surprised we offered him a deal but seeing that we did, would expect it to have been a significantly lower offer given that we dont need two big wages on goalkeepers. Any backup or competition for Lillis can be brought in via the loan market. Big wage saved.

Good luck Conrad.

Logan gone on 19:14 - May 10 with 7013 viewsColDale

You'd think from his quotes, he'd joined them lot down the road
Logan gone on 19:15 - May 10 with 7004 viewsmightydale

Logan gone on 17:58 - May 10 by 1907

Not really the sort of news to inspire season ticket sales. When the inevitable news of NML & Lund also comes out I can imagine the usual "the clubs got no ambition" supporters will be doing their usual moaning and refuse to stump up money.

A bit of good news ala Done signing would rectify that please...

Can you really blame fans for thinking that

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Logan gone on 19:23 - May 10 with 6928 views49thseason

I don't see what so many on here apparently see in Lillis, Hill has dropped him twice in the last two seasons so I don't think he is entirely what we are looking for. He has no command of his area, his kicking is awful and he takes an age to decide what to do with the ball when he has hold of it, giving everyone we play against an opportunity to get their shape back, oh and his penalty save ratio is bobbins to the extent that instead of diving the wrong way he would be better off standing still in the middle of the goal. At least Logan had a presence, he was an organiser and his distribution was better. Goalkeeper is a key position - if Lillis is the answer we are asking the wrong questions.
Logan gone on 19:25 - May 10 with 6905 viewsMancDale

Happy with that. He was brilliant in his loan spell but average at best since he came back. That spell in January that lead to him being dropped was Matt Dickens level bad. Just hope that Lillis is back fit in time for August.
Logan gone on 19:30 - May 10 with 6861 views442Dale

Logan gone on 19:23 - May 10 by 49thseason

I don't see what so many on here apparently see in Lillis, Hill has dropped him twice in the last two seasons so I don't think he is entirely what we are looking for. He has no command of his area, his kicking is awful and he takes an age to decide what to do with the ball when he has hold of it, giving everyone we play against an opportunity to get their shape back, oh and his penalty save ratio is bobbins to the extent that instead of diving the wrong way he would be better off standing still in the middle of the goal. At least Logan had a presence, he was an organiser and his distribution was better. Goalkeeper is a key position - if Lillis is the answer we are asking the wrong questions.

Josh Lillis has played over 200 games during the club's most successful period in their history, he's doing something right.

As has been said before, how many goalkeepers are their out there at League 1 level that are better and who are they? He's not perfect but he's a good goalkeeper, one of his biggest problems is when his confidence goes. Being left out for the United loanee didn't help the season before last and he was deposed by Logan this time without actually doing much wrong; when he's playing regularly and well I'd like to know what more we need. The issue is getting someone in who can compete with him and come in when form/confidence drops.

Again, who is there who we could bring in that's so much of an improvement on him?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Logan gone on 19:30 - May 10 with 6859 viewsHendale

Lillie has saved a penalty against charlton this year, logan saved non. Logan was crucial in his first spell but not the same player second time round. Would still have liked him to have stayed though.
Logan gone on 19:32 - May 10 with 6849 viewsKnowlesy

Thing is, since he came back Logan's distribution has been poor, his decision making has cost us goals (oxford at home for one) and cost us games (keane's sending off can't remember where).

Lillian won player of the season last year and is a good shot stopper. His command isnt great but Logan hasnt commanded anything this year, rooted to his line. Most keepers at this level dont have good command of their area which is why they play at this level.
Logan gone on 19:41 - May 10 with 6772 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis has never conceded against bury - he'll do for me!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logan gone on 19:47 - May 10 with 6700 views1907

Logan gone on 19:15 - May 10 by mightydale

Can you really blame fans for thinking that

No which is why I said it? Strange reply.
Logan gone on 19:49 - May 10 with 6680 viewsboromat

A little surprised but I'm guessing with Logan's inability to get fit Hill has probably offered the same or less money and Mansfield have come in with similar or less and with him being nearer to home and more chance of first team football it makes sense. Hopefully we can get in a quality young keeper that's capable of challenging Lillis.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Logan gone on 19:54 - May 10 with 6640 views1907

Logan is doing plenty of tweeting, yet hasn't had one complimentary thing to say about Dale? Wonder if things haven't ended on good terms?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024