Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preferred diamond midfield for this season? 00:21 - Jul 7 with 1896 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Preferred diamond midfield for this season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 00:30 - Jul 7 with 1875 viewsSwan91

Siggy, Carroll, Mesa, Ki

I don't think Britton and Mesa would be on the pitch at the same time. And PC rated Ki higher than Fer at the end of last season using Ki, Caroll and Britton as first choice cm's with Fer coming on as a sub. So I think it would be like that
Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 00:37 - Jul 7 with 1866 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 00:30 - Jul 7 by Swan91

Siggy, Carroll, Mesa, Ki

I don't think Britton and Mesa would be on the pitch at the same time. And PC rated Ki higher than Fer at the end of last season using Ki, Caroll and Britton as first choice cm's with Fer coming on as a sub. So I think it would be like that

I thought about including Ki in the mix, but didn't think anyone would pick him.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 01:19 - Jul 7 with 1822 viewsDJack

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 00:37 - Jul 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

I thought about including Ki in the mix, but didn't think anyone would pick him.

Tummer, you may well be correct (I suspect not) but what is telling for me is that you left out a midfielder who has previously played in the diamond, based upon your "belief"... proof that you really are from Texas

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 01:30 - Jul 7 with 1810 viewsRancid

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 00:30 - Jul 7 by Swan91

Siggy, Carroll, Mesa, Ki

I concur.No Fer please.
Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:23 - Jul 7 with 1772 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 01:19 - Jul 7 by DJack

Tummer, you may well be correct (I suspect not) but what is telling for me is that you left out a midfielder who has previously played in the diamond, based upon your "belief"... proof that you really are from Texas

My belief was based on seeing Ki consistently get ripped apart on this board the last two seasons anytime his name is brought up, not my own feelings. I still believe there is at least a chance 2014/2015 Ki can resurrect himself, and I've stated that openly.

But we don't even know when he'll be fit again, which was another reason for leaving him out. Perhaps think of this as a start of the season poll.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 2:28]

POTY 2015

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:28 - Jul 7 with 1762 viewsDJack

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:23 - Jul 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

My belief was based on seeing Ki consistently get ripped apart on this board the last two seasons anytime his name is brought up, not my own feelings. I still believe there is at least a chance 2014/2015 Ki can resurrect himself, and I've stated that openly.

But we don't even know when he'll be fit again, which was another reason for leaving him out. Perhaps think of this as a start of the season poll.

Firstly...sense of humour?

Secondly, your belief was based upon internet comments and NOT WHAT YOU'VE OBSERVED this season...WOW!

Still weeks to go and his fitness is an issue...really?

You strange, bro.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:35 - Jul 7 with 1750 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:28 - Jul 7 by DJack

Firstly...sense of humour?

Secondly, your belief was based upon internet comments and NOT WHAT YOU'VE OBSERVED this season...WOW!

Still weeks to go and his fitness is an issue...really?

You strange, bro.

You've lost me. Or I've lost you, whichever.

POTY 2015

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:43 - Jul 7 with 1746 viewsSwan91

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:23 - Jul 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

Well he actually played well under PC end of last season.. still got hate. Just like Naughton.. there is always a player to blame. I agree both have not been consistent but under PC both have shown to be good players who work well in his system. I think its because they moved Gylfi higher up the pitch and he had a mix of central/wide player.. giving Ki more room to make some runs and passes... leaving britton and caroll be a little more defensive.

-----------------Fabianski------------------
Naughton-----AM------Fede-------Ollson
---------Mesa------Ki-------Carrol
Ayew-----------Llorente-----------Gylfi

Subs: New Keeper, VDH/Bartley, Kingsley, Britton, Fer, Narsingh, Abraham

with Ayew and gylfi cutting in/moving wide, I think this is how the whole set up would look (unless we sign more players).
Login to get fewer ads

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:50 - Jul 7 with 1736 viewsDJack

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 02:35 - Jul 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

You've lost me. Or I've lost you, whichever.

Okay then, I made a joke about your pot ...Texan belief over fact etc. You come back with a "straight" reply justifying your stance.

I thought Ki improved under clement. I was surprised that you let the internet "view" leave him out of your poll...the same poll which potentially may have surprised/pleased you.

You mad, bro!

*post, not pot

p.s. You lost me.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2017 2:54]

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 03:00 - Jul 7 with 1721 viewsDJack

Further to this discussion my view is that Siggy and mesa are always there and depending on the opposition and whether home or away then you pick from Carroll/Fer, Leon/Ki .

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 04:52 - Jul 7 with 1684 viewsWhiterockin

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 03:00 - Jul 7 by DJack

Further to this discussion my view is that Siggy and mesa are always there and depending on the opposition and whether home or away then you pick from Carroll/Fer, Leon/Ki .

Take Siggy out of the mix (impending sale) and then it gets complicated.
Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 05:38 - Jul 7 with 1658 viewskyswans

Ki is currently out injured, so I don't mind him being off of the list.

Last two games he played well but we can't rely on that.

I think it'll be Fer early in the season, considering he started last year so well. He'll fall off, we'll switch to Cork/Britton at CDM and Mesa out on the right.
Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 13:39 - Jul 7 with 1463 viewsEasternJack

Where's the Amat, Ki, Cork and Routledge option?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 13:56 - Jul 7 with 1406 viewsPorthcawlswan

Amat is now a betis player for the season
Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 14:32 - Jul 7 with 1334 viewsGlyn1

Leon shouldn't be a regular starter, so delete options 1, 5 and 6.

We need 2 players who can tackle who I suppose are Cork and Fer, so I'd select Syggi, Cork, Fer and Mesa.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 1208 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Top 3 vote getters so far are the 3 options with Carroll. I certainly agree with that.

POTY 2015

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 12:10 - Jul 8 with 1121 viewsGlyn1

Preferred diamond midfield for this season? on 09:26 - Jul 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

Top 3 vote getters so far are the 3 options with Carroll. I certainly agree with that.

So it's overwhelmingly Syggi, Carroll, Mesa and one other.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024