Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Vs homophobia 21:34 - Jul 27 with 29801 viewsBanosswan

Depressing.

Anyone caught chanting, automatic two year ban.

PFA are clueless.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Alfie Vs homophobia on 21:44 - Jul 28 with 2188 viewsDewi1jack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 21:15 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

At least people can make a joke about the fact you're White, Male and Christian, without some political correct ar*hole being offended on your behalf.

See.
Being Racist, sexist and religionist in one joke statement.
And picking on body parts.

You're up the creek when the precious political correctness brigade are back.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Alfie Vs homophobia on 23:41 - Jul 28 with 2127 viewsGowerjack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:42 - Jul 28 by WarwickHunt

Alfie probably thinks erudite is a glue.

Is it me or does he come across as a bit well you know ....Gay?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Alfie Vs homophobia on 00:02 - Jul 29 with 2113 viewsGaryjack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 23:41 - Jul 28 by Gowerjack

Is it me or does he come across as a bit well you know ....Gay?

It won't be long before you can't even say 'bender' 'shirt lifter' or 'shit poker' on here anymore for fear of offending straight people!

Alfie Vs homophobia on 05:15 - Jul 29 with 2050 viewsMo_Wives

So, I had a visit off Alfie last night. He got me in a headlock and made me take back the things I said on this thread. You can all watch it 9pm next Thursday on S4C.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:17 - Jul 30 with 1931 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:45 - Jul 28 by Trundle10

I think he comes accross as he does in real life. He was captain And he had the gonads to speak about Ruddock affair on tv.

So what exactly had Ruddock done wrong then?
If you're saying he claimed the limelight after the grand slam success of 2005 I disagree.

I remember a TV interview afterwards when he was asked why he didn't go onto the pitch to celebrate and hold the trophy etc etc. He said that "it was fitting it was just the players taking the plaudits" or something near as.

Thomas had a go at his coaching methods and gave Scott Johnson the credit . Johnson gets Ruddock's job and Wales failed dismally the following season. The whole episode was shameful and the WRU allowed a good coach and a decent man to have his reputation destroyed by a no mark average Joe rugby player with an ego that thought he was an all black . A man by the way who brought them their first Grand Slam in almost thirty years. Utterly reprehensible.

So in conclusion Thomas is a treacherous publicity whore who doesn't give a flying f*ck about anyone else bar himself, and that includes putting himself ahead of his country.

The way the media constantly encourage him and his laughable caricature to over expose himself just goes to show what kind of image of Wales they want to present throughout the world. It's more than embarrassing.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:35 - Jul 30 with 1915 viewsNeath_Jack

This thread is a perfect example of why men still find it hard to "come out".

Welcome back to 1970, i hope you enjoy your stay. Oh and keep the coons and itinerants out as well please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:39 - Jul 30 with 1898 viewsdobjack2

No.

Having a go at a player because of what he does on the pitch is ok. Having a go at him because of the colour of his skin, religion or sexual orientation is not.
Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 1888 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:35 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

This thread is a perfect example of why men still find it hard to "come out".

Welcome back to 1970, i hope you enjoy your stay. Oh and keep the coons and itinerants out as well please.

His homosexuality has never been an issue with me. I applaud him for coming out and enabling others to have the courage to do so.

I dislike him because of his conduct in using his sexuality as a cash and attention generator to soothe his massive ego, that's all.

I refer to the seventieth Birthday celebrations of Gareth Edwards just recently. Now if any man deserved ego indulgence it's him, more than arguably the greatest ever rugby player to play the game, admired thought the world. His modesty is a tonic in the world of wannabees we live in today.

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 1882 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:39 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

No.

Having a go at a player because of what he does on the pitch is ok. Having a go at him because of the colour of his skin, religion or sexual orientation is not.

Absolutely right.

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 1874 viewsHighjack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:39 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

No.

Exactly.

Acceptable: "F*ck off you're fu*king shyte you f*cking c*nt!"

Unacceptable: "He runs like a poof"

The latter type of comment should rightly result in instant ejection and a lifetime ban. Or at least the offender should be made to go on a gay tolerance and awareness course.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:10 - Jul 30 with 1858 viewsItchySphincter

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:19 - Jul 28 by Trundle10

Oooooh 2 men in the bath *snigger *snigger

At least we know who the daddy is now.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:13 - Jul 30 with 1844 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:48 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Exactly.

The latter type of comment should rightly result in instant ejection and a lifetime ban. Or at least the offender should be made to go on a gay tolerance and awareness course.

I think those types are definitely aware of gays. Just intolerant of them

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 1829 viewsHighjack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:10 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

At least we know who the daddy is now.

At least his hand is strategically placed to get around the new page 3 nipple ban.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:28 - Jul 30 with 1819 viewsHighjack

Don't want to know where his other hand is strategically placed though.

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:29 - Jul 30 with 1818 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:21 - Jul 30 by Highjack

At least his hand is strategically placed to get around the new page 3 nipple ban.

Gareth looking straight at the one he loves the most. The camera
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 10:29]

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:35 - Jul 30 with 1807 viewsMo_Wives

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:48 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Exactly.

"Wayne Rooney is a granny shagger" - Acceptable

But if Wayne shags a man and you chant about it - Unacceptable.

You can chant about Wayne being ugly or bald. You can chant about Alfie being an ugly, ginger, snaggletooth sheep shagger. Even though these people did not choose to be this way...they were born this way. There may be ugly, balding, ginger children who are not going into football, the sport they love, for fear of abuse...why is this tolerated?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 1789 viewsItchySphincter

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:35 - Jul 30 by Mo_Wives

"Wayne Rooney is a granny shagger" - Acceptable

But if Wayne shags a man and you chant about it - Unacceptable.

You can chant about Wayne being ugly or bald. You can chant about Alfie being an ugly, ginger, snaggletooth sheep shagger. Even though these people did not choose to be this way...they were born this way. There may be ugly, balding, ginger children who are not going into football, the sport they love, for fear of abuse...why is this tolerated?

Just for balance, being an ugly, snaggletoothed ginga may not be a choice but an accident of birth. Some may argue that one's gayness can be considered within that same category. Some may also argue that being a sheep shagger is a choice, therefor should not be considered the same.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:21 - Jul 30 with 1755 viewsMo_Wives

Alfie Vs homophobia on 10:44 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

Just for balance, being an ugly, snaggletoothed ginga may not be a choice but an accident of birth. Some may argue that one's gayness can be considered within that same category. Some may also argue that being a sheep shagger is a choice, therefor should not be considered the same.

That was my point. They are all born with these traits. When I said sheep shagger I meant welsh, not a literal sheep shagger.

What I was asking is why do some people feel it is never ok to chant about one of these 'accidents of birth', while all the others are fair game or even to criticise people for targeting one of these yet not the others?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 1739 viewsexiledclaseboy

So are we saying that shouting "you bald c*nt" is the same as shouting "you gay c*nt"?

Poll: Tory leader

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:37 - Jul 30 with 1732 viewsmax936

Alfie Vs homophobia on 09:44 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

His homosexuality has never been an issue with me. I applaud him for coming out and enabling others to have the courage to do so.

I dislike him because of his conduct in using his sexuality as a cash and attention generator to soothe his massive ego, that's all.

I refer to the seventieth Birthday celebrations of Gareth Edwards just recently. Now if any man deserved ego indulgence it's him, more than arguably the greatest ever rugby player to play the game, admired thought the world. His modesty is a tonic in the world of wannabees we live in today.

Brilliant Post Brynny and matches my view exactly

The Gareth Edwards Tribute was superb and again you're spot on.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 1702 viewsMo_Wives

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:35 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

So are we saying that shouting "you bald c*nt" is the same as shouting "you gay c*nt"?

I'm saying both are forms of abuse and just because some idiots like to pick things about people to use to abuse them, this should not mean that we can't make a joke about being bald or even gay. I'm also asking why the people who rush in to save the gay folk from abuse or even jokes, don't do it for the ugly folk, the historically oppressed ginger folk or even the bald folk? is it because the gay folk are somehow weaker or less able to fend for themselves? Because I don't see them that way.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Alfie Vs homophobia on 12:10 - Jul 30 with 1679 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:56 - Jul 30 by Mo_Wives

I'm saying both are forms of abuse and just because some idiots like to pick things about people to use to abuse them, this should not mean that we can't make a joke about being bald or even gay. I'm also asking why the people who rush in to save the gay folk from abuse or even jokes, don't do it for the ugly folk, the historically oppressed ginger folk or even the bald folk? is it because the gay folk are somehow weaker or less able to fend for themselves? Because I don't see them that way.

it seems fairly obvious to me. Bald people and ginger people haven't historically been persecuted, criminalised, beaten up and worse for being bald or ginger. Thankfully society has mostly moved on from those days ( apart from a few hardy refuseniks, most of whom seem to have posted on this thread). Also being bald and ginger isn't exactly easy to hide so there's no issue with "coming out" in the same way as there is being gay. There's also no stigma attached to such things, as there still is in some people's minds about homosexuality.

So in short, it's a stupid comparison.

Poll: Tory leader

Alfie Vs homophobia on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 1675 viewsdobjack2

Alfie Vs homophobia on 11:56 - Jul 30 by Mo_Wives

Because calling blokes ugly, unless it is because of a disability or other discriminatory issue, is not a form of discrimination
Alfie Vs homophobia on 12:35 - Jul 30 with 1649 viewsMo_Wives

Alfie Vs homophobia on 12:10 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

it seems fairly obvious to me. Bald people and ginger people haven't historically been persecuted, criminalised, beaten up and worse for being bald or ginger. Thankfully society has mostly moved on from those days ( apart from a few hardy refuseniks, most of whom seem to have posted on this thread). Also being bald and ginger isn't exactly easy to hide so there's no issue with "coming out" in the same way as there is being gay. There's also no stigma attached to such things, as there still is in some people's minds about homosexuality.

So in short, it's a stupid comparison.

So if we crack down on jokes about gay people today...we will right the wrongs done to different gay people in history?
You said it yourself, society has moved on.

Here's my point, if I am sat in the pub with a bald person, a ginger person or a gay person I don't care. He's bald...so what. He's ginger...so what. He's gay...so what. I treat them all the same...because I actually believe in treating people equally. Unfortunately, when I say this, some people hear "I go gay bashing every weekend". Now what some people seem to want to do is say, he's bald...so what. He's ginger...so what. He's gay...right, no jokes and be hyper aware of his feelings. I'm sorry to say, but I believe that this special treatment/kid gloves (whatever you want to call it) is adding to the stigma in peoples minds that you talk of. IMO, the sooner we have a 'so f*cking what' attitude to people being gay, the sooner we lose what's left of any stigma. I want to get to a time where being gay is not a horrendous insult...because I don't think it is.

BTW, I was going to ask you to reply without using the word historical. Wish I had now

Oh and just to add - I don't see a dressing room full of footballers or a pub full of people singling out a gay person to be the constant butt of the jokes as OK...I see that as abuse. I see that as bullying.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Alfie Vs homophobia on 12:38 - Jul 30 with 1643 viewsMo_Wives

Alfie Vs homophobia on 12:11 - Jul 30 by dobjack2

Because calling blokes ugly, unless it is because of a disability or other discriminatory issue, is not a form of discrimination

Yes I know. Ugly blokes have no protection under discrimination laws.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024