Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season 18:20 - Jul 28 with 2096 viewshughesy2013

It is so boring being a swansea city supporter during pre season..... we have bought a back up keeper and bought Mesa for say 13 million and had Tammy Abraham on loan, and sold Cork for 10 million so spent hardly anything. What are they waiting for, to sell glyfi and then spend what we get for him? The owners need to get their money out and start spending it on players we need other wise we going to have another terrible season. I hope the trust dont sell the shares to them useless owners other wise we are doomed!
How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:26 - Jul 28 with 2078 viewsE20Jack

You want us to spend money we don't have?? We rely on sales in order to spend in the transfer windows.

This is the problem with so many. Want to keep our players but also want to spend on new ones, and many want to spend without any thought of resale, the only criteria seems to be if they are a decent player.

This Gylfi (and/or) Llorente sale needs to happen in order for us to progress.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:45 - Jul 28 with 2041 viewshughesy2013

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:26 - Jul 28 by E20Jack

You want us to spend money we don't have?? We rely on sales in order to spend in the transfer windows.

This is the problem with so many. Want to keep our players but also want to spend on new ones, and many want to spend without any thought of resale, the only criteria seems to be if they are a decent player.

You think they have no money? So how has every club in the premier league got money to spend? You havent seen how much the club is getting each year? your in a world of your own!
How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:53 - Jul 28 with 2010 viewsmonmouth

We have freed up a large chunk of wages, and I don't believe for one second they are spending all the TV money. Having said that, nobody other than the top dogs, and Evo on average jerks and shit like Rooner, seem to be spending much.

I may have got my sums wrong but I can't see why 20m plus can't be freed up without selling Sigurdsson.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 19:05 - Jul 28 with 1980 viewsE20Jack

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:45 - Jul 28 by hughesy2013

You think they have no money? So how has every club in the premier league got money to spend? You havent seen how much the club is getting each year? your in a world of your own!

Swansea City have confirmed a loss of £14.6million in their latest set of annual accounts.

The club had recorded a profit of £1.1million in the previous figures for the 14-month period up to July 2015.

Chairman Huw Jenkins had warned earlier this season that the latest set of accounts would show a significant loss for the year ending July 2016, and that has proved to be the case.

Turnover was £97.2million compared with £103.9million from the previous accounts, with total operating costs also down to £117.5million from £120.8million.

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 07:54 - Jul 29 with 1754 viewsChief

So much for yank investment "to take us to the next level".

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 07:57 - Jul 29 with 1749 viewsangryjack

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:53 - Jul 28 by monmouth

We have freed up a large chunk of wages, and I don't believe for one second they are spending all the TV money. Having said that, nobody other than the top dogs, and Evo on average jerks and shit like Rooner, seem to be spending much.

I may have got my sums wrong but I can't see why 20m plus can't be freed up without selling Sigurdsson.

Huddersfield have spent nearly 50 million Bournemouth nearly 40
How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 08:48 - Jul 29 with 1694 viewsmahoss

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 18:26 - Jul 28 by E20Jack

£150 million from the Prem ?
They need to pull their finger out,we need 2 or 3
more quality signings I would say.
How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 09:45 - Jul 29 with 1626 viewsraynor94

All I hope is that we have at least 3 signings ready to go next week, we have known for weeks Gylfi wouldn't be here and its looking more likely Llorente is off too, otherwise it's going to be playing catch up again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 12:42 - Jul 29 with 1552 viewsE20Jack

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 08:48 - Jul 29 by mahoss

£150 million from the Prem ?
They need to pull their finger out,we need 2 or 3
more quality signings I would say.

£109.5m from the PL..... £117.5m operating costs.

We have one of the highest income to wage ratios in the league. People need to wake up and start realising this. Our spending is determined on our selling, as everything else is earmarked for running the club. The PL is not the pot of gold lots on here seem to assume. When we buy we need to buy smart, we will live or die by our long term transfer dealings. We cannot go spending huge sums of money on players approaching 30 (viera example), that money needs to be recycled with resale value because we simply dont make it by any other means.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction for us.

Cork sold £8m
Gomis sold £4m

Mesa bought for £13m.

If you look at our time in the PL since it began, our net transfer soend over 7 years is almost at break even. There is a reason for that. We simply cannot spare any money without sales.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 12:43]

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:02 - Jul 29 with 1512 viewsBrynCartwright

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 12:42 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

£109.5m from the PL..... £117.5m operating costs.

We have one of the highest income to wage ratios in the league. People need to wake up and start realising this. Our spending is determined on our selling, as everything else is earmarked for running the club. The PL is not the pot of gold lots on here seem to assume. When we buy we need to buy smart, we will live or die by our long term transfer dealings. We cannot go spending huge sums of money on players approaching 30 (viera example), that money needs to be recycled with resale value because we simply dont make it by any other means.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction for us.

Cork sold £8m
Gomis sold £4m

Mesa bought for £13m.

If you look at our time in the PL since it began, our net transfer soend over 7 years is almost at break even. There is a reason for that. We simply cannot spare any money without sales.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 12:43]

Which is why the Yanks need to invest actual cash instead of meaningless platitudes.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:06 - Jul 29 with 1505 viewsE20Jack

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:02 - Jul 29 by BrynCartwright

Which is why the Yanks need to invest actual cash instead of meaningless platitudes.

Which means it comes in the form of a loan note and the club is automatically saddled with debt. Or it is invested into the company via share purchase of which it will dilute the Trusts shareholding as it would not be able to match the investment.

Which would you prefer?

I prefer selling players at peak value and investing smartly which doesnt screw over the supporters Trust (they are doing a good job of that themselves at present) and doesnt saddle the club with mass debt.

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:10 - Jul 29 with 1494 viewsWhiterockin

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:02 - Jul 29 by BrynCartwright

Not as simple as that.

If the Americans invest other shareholders need to invest pro rata. This means the trust with 21% must also invest money they don't have. The other option is release more shares to raise the funds and the trusts percentage would be diluted. The third option would be a loan, would you really want the club to go down that route.

I stand to corrected if I am completely wrong.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:16 - Jul 29 with 1481 viewsE20Jack

This is why the club needs forward thinking. Not just in transfers and potential resale but revenue streams too. Phase 1 of the expansion should have happened by now. That was essentially the Borja money we wasted. An extra 4000 ST sold each year with the potential spending each week those people bring could prove quite a difference maker in the future. You are probably looking at £3m a year income from those extra supporters. Im sure planning application was put in 5 years ago now with work due to start in the summer of 2013.

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:27 - Jul 29 with 1462 viewsicecoldjack

Exactly. Which was why big nose and Co. sold the club "to take us to the next level"

Which ever way you slice it it goes back to shambolic running of our club. Constant dribbling away of multi millions on u23 players and cheap as chips crap players takes it toll, we've been so so lucky to pull an occasional rabbit out the hat but the reality is that we should be in a far healthier financial position.

It;s not a problem paying the rate for a siggy or Llorente but the club has spunked away fortunes on dross by not scouting correctly or not buying the players to fit the system or gambling on lower league players every other top club avoided like the plague(grimes/donnely)
How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 1419 viewsE20Jack

How Boring isit being a Swansea fan during pre season on 13:27 - Jul 29 by icecoldjack

Exactly. Which was why big nose and Co. sold the club "to take us to the next level"

Which ever way you slice it it goes back to shambolic running of our club. Constant dribbling away of multi millions on u23 players and cheap as chips crap players takes it toll, we've been so so lucky to pull an occasional rabbit out the hat but the reality is that we should be in a far healthier financial position.

It;s not a problem paying the rate for a siggy or Llorente but the club has spunked away fortunes on dross by not scouting correctly or not buying the players to fit the system or gambling on lower league players every other top club avoided like the plague(grimes/donnely)

Of course it was a bit of spin by old big nose to try and get an image of lavish spending into the minds of the average football fan that has no idea that it was never feasible. But I am sure what he was actually getting at was improving commercial side of the club, sponsorship and merchandise. Its been second rate for a decade and that is the sort of thing that can bring that extra much needed nerevenue into the club.

That side of things has improved slightly. We are now getting shirt sponsorship deals that mirror our position in the league for example. So I wouldn't have been against the sale ordinarily. If they were open about it, didnt conspire to screw over the Trust in the process to eek out an extra few quid then I would be relatively happy with the sale, the new owners and the old board.

Sad state of affairs. But if anyone thinks there was ever any intention of our owners spending their own money then they are deluded. And I am not sure why people would want them to in all honesty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024