Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi 15:33 - Aug 4 with 80040 viewsDarran

He's off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 2610 viewsmax936

Gylfi on 20:54 - Aug 8 by raynor94

What's the problem? the lack of strength in depth

He wouldn't know that mun, he watches with foggy eyes due to, to many Jagerbombs then goes for a topperooney after half hour

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi on 22:01 - Aug 8 with 2577 viewsOldjack

Gylfi on 21:49 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

We were in the exact same situation last summer; half a season of great form and a good manager at the helm.

Resting on laurels doesn't work in this league.

aye ,three managers in a season fuked it up good and proper ,Just thank the stars we got there in the end .My biggest worry is losing Clem now that would be disaster

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi on 22:06 - Aug 8 with 2512 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi on 22:01 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

aye ,three managers in a season fuked it up good and proper ,Just thank the stars we got there in the end .My biggest worry is losing Clem now that would be disaster

Well this Summer is a going a fair way in achieving that, you thick fack.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi on 22:06 - Aug 8 with 2508 viewsraynor94

Gylfi on 22:01 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

Well that could well happen if we don't strengthen in the next three weeks

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 22:08 - Aug 8 with 2478 viewsOldjack

Gylfi on 22:06 - Aug 8 by TheResurrection

Well this Summer is a going a fair way in achieving that, you thick fack.

fuk off ,siggy hater ,you think Clem will throw his toys out and walk ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi on 22:11 - Aug 8 with 2447 viewsraynor94

Gylfi on 22:08 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

fuk off ,siggy hater ,you think Clem will throw his toys out and walk ?

If there are broken promises, could well do

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 2380 viewsOldjack

Gylfi on 22:11 - Aug 8 by raynor94

If there are broken promises, could well do

what promises ?,he said at the end of last season what a good squad we had and not a lot of transfers would be needed if we hold onto key players

Gylfi on 22:26 - Aug 8 with 2323 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi on 22:18 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

what promises ?,he said at the end of last season what a good squad we had and not a lot of transfers would be needed if we hold onto key players

He's said he wanted the situation resolved in the "next few days" for the last few weeks for one.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi on 22:34 - Aug 8 with 2274 viewsNirvana

Can anyone actually confirm that Siggy doesn't want to play for Swansea?

Everything that has played out so far is just smoke and mirrors, and the press has eaten it up for good reason: drama sells. It's a "saga" of epic proportions, instead of just another star transfer. This is fairly routine during the summer window.

No one knows anything, except the handful of people involved in the deal. Unless one of them is on here, we're all in the dark. Siggy isn't calling the shots, he's a football player. They are pawns in a rich man's game, and that's what is taking place.

Until there's official confirmation either way, everyone should just calm down a bit and see what happens. It's like this every window for a lot of clubs, especially us.
Gylfi on 22:36 - Aug 8 with 2260 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Gylfi on 21:49 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

We were in the exact same situation last summer; half a season of great form and a good manager at the helm.

Resting on laurels doesn't work in this league.

Not many teams are able to go out and improve their first 11 by more than 1 or 2 players a season

I think we've upgraded our striker and defensive midfielder (hopefully) and if siggy goes we'll have some money to do a bit more

Think that's about par for the course

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Gylfi on 22:36 - Aug 8 with 2256 viewsOldjack

Gylfi on 22:26 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

He's said he wanted the situation resolved in the "next few days" for the last few weeks for one.

A sell by date is what's needed now and no more fannying around

Gylfi on 22:37 - Aug 8 with 2243 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi on 22:34 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

Everything that has played out so far is just smoke and mirrors, and the press has eaten it up for good reason: drama sells. It's a "saga" of epic proportions, instead of just another star transfer. This is fairly routine during the summer window.

No one knows anything, except the handful of people involved in the deal. Unless one of them is on here, we're all in the dark. Siggy isn't calling the shots, he's a football player. They are pawns in a rich man's game, and that's what is taking place.

Until there's official confirmation either way, everyone should just calm down a bit and see what happens. It's like this every window for a lot of clubs, especially us.

Clement has come out and said as much and Siggy or his agent haven't made any statements to deny that.

He wants out.
Gylfi on 22:37 - Aug 8 with 2243 viewsOldjack

Gylfi on 21:58 - Aug 8 by max936

He wouldn't know that mun, he watches with foggy eyes due to, to many Jagerbombs then goes for a topperooney after half hour

oi dull kant ,do one ,grown ups are debating here

Gylfi on 22:38 - Aug 8 with 2234 viewsmax936

Gylfi on 22:36 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

A sell by date is what's needed now and no more fannying around

Talks have halted according to Sky Sports Transfer Centre its on now!!

Scrap that it looks like nobody knows wtf is going on ffs, its got deadline day written all over this
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 22:41]

Gylfi on 22:40 - Aug 8 with 2215 viewsSwanseajill

Gylfi on 22:34 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

Well said.
The surmising is surprising, even for this forum.
Gylfi on 22:41 - Aug 8 with 2212 viewsSwansea93

All over a poxy 5m.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Gylfi on 22:45 - Aug 8 with 2172 viewsNirvana

Gylfi on 20:34 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

That's because, as you've admitted on a number of occasions, you don't understand the finances.

It's why you've spent ages talking about (insert name of random European player) joining us for 'only' €10m 'whether we get rid of Gylfi or not'.

Investing £40m on one player for us is madness when there are weaknesses all over the squad.

Why we don't have any money to spend is a different matter, as we bloody well should have if the club is being managed properly. But we don't have the sort of money that selling one player for in excess of £40m would give us.

I've never said I don't "understand" finances, Lisa.

I am an intelligent person, and I live and work in one of the financial capitals of the world, as well. I'm good with numbers, and you guys aren't speaking Martian. I get it. But I don't work in finance, no, and I find a lot of it extremely tedious and boring. This forum is for football, after all, not accounting.

I don't talk about "random European" players. I say what I know about guys we are linked with, or would make good fits with us and are available. As for €10m, I have said that about Munir/Roberts/Capa only, three quality young players that would strengthen our main "weaknesses". Our club can surely afford one, you said so yourself in your post. Then bring in a few guys on loan or stand pat knowing at least one problem is solved.

As for Siggy, we wouldn't be "investing" anything if we kept him. We'd be retaining our best player that has helped keep us in the PL three seasons, and likely a fourth. Or we get £50m. Win-win.
Gylfi on 22:47 - Aug 8 with 2155 viewsmax936

Gylfi on 22:37 - Aug 8 by Oldjack

oi dull kant ,do one ,grown ups are debating here

That's why you're out of your depth.

Gylfi on 22:49 - Aug 8 with 2128 viewsNirvana

Gylfi on 22:37 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Clement has come out and said as much and Siggy or his agent haven't made any statements to deny that.

He wants out.

But, that's the thing Risca.

That's all part of what I mean by smoke and mirrors. This transfer is very difficult to parse for truth, as many are, and I wouldn't jump to any conclusions either way.

Until Siggy himself confirms this or he is holding up an Everton shirt, I'll reserve my judgement. I think we all should, if only for everyone's health.
Gylfi on 22:55 - Aug 8 with 2084 viewsNirvana

Gylfi on 22:40 - Aug 8 by Swanseajill

Well said.
The surmising is surprising, even for this forum.

Thanks and I would agree, Jill.

To your credit, you've said it all along and remained calm. But it honestly appears like he will be staying with us. I definitely hope so, at least. It's £50m or no Siggy, and that's the only way we should handle this. If he does want to leave, force him to say it.

But, like I've said, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, so I will reserve my judgement until we all find out. It would be prudent for everyone to do the same.

Alas, c'est la vie.
Gylfi on 23:06 - Aug 8 with 1998 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi on 22:45 - Aug 8 by Nirvana

I've never said I don't "understand" finances, Lisa.

I am an intelligent person, and I live and work in one of the financial capitals of the world, as well. I'm good with numbers, and you guys aren't speaking Martian. I get it. But I don't work in finance, no, and I find a lot of it extremely tedious and boring. This forum is for football, after all, not accounting.

I don't talk about "random European" players. I say what I know about guys we are linked with, or would make good fits with us and are available. As for €10m, I have said that about Munir/Roberts/Capa only, three quality young players that would strengthen our main "weaknesses". Our club can surely afford one, you said so yourself in your post. Then bring in a few guys on loan or stand pat knowing at least one problem is solved.

As for Siggy, we wouldn't be "investing" anything if we kept him. We'd be retaining our best player that has helped keep us in the PL three seasons, and likely a fourth. Or we get £50m. Win-win.

Your last paragraph contradicts your first and second.

If we had not received an offer for Gylfi I'd agree with you.

But the minute we receive an actual offer, by not accepting that offer, we are effectively investing that amount in the player in question. It's an opportunity cost. We give up the opportunity to spend that £40m or whatever on other players.

If we can spend that amount on other players anyway, so be it. But we can't. So we have a choice. Spend it on say three players that would improve the squad, or keep Siggy.

However good a player he is, he is not good enough that it is worth giving up the opportunity to improve the squad in the position we currently find ourselves in.

So it's not win win.

And saying 'it's a football forum' includes the financial side of the game as much as it includes discussion about anything else. You may well find it tedious, I'm sure others agree with you. I'm also sure people find discussion about players we have no intention of signing tedious as well. Each to his own.
Gylfi on 23:15 - Aug 8 with 1927 viewsE20Jack

Gylfi on 23:06 - Aug 8 by londonlisa2001

But the minute we receive an actual offer, by not accepting that offer, we are effectively investing that amount in the player in question. It's an opportunity cost. We give up the opportunity to spend that £40m or whatever on other players.

If we can spend that amount on other players anyway, so be it. But we can't. So we have a choice. Spend it on say three players that would improve the squad, or keep Siggy.

However good a player he is, he is not good enough that it is worth giving up the opportunity to improve the squad in the position we currently find ourselves in.

So it's not win win.

And saying 'it's a football forum' includes the financial side of the game as much as it includes discussion about anything else. You may well find it tedious, I'm sure others agree with you. I'm also sure people find discussion about players we have no intention of signing tedious as well. Each to his own.

Spot on. I was saying just today that Arsenal not accepting £50m for Sanchez is essentially the same as them paying £50m to loan him for this season. Its sheer madness. A club like Arsenal can probably do that however, we are nowhere near being able to make such rash decisions.

Football is probably 50:50 in terms of the game and finance now. Especially with rules put in place where squads must be moulded due to financial restraints. You cant claim to understand the former without understanding the latter, they now go hand in hand.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gylfi on 23:22 - Aug 8 with 1888 viewsbuilthjack

Wouldn't it be majestic if he plays on Saturday and hits a 30 yard free kick into the top corner for the winner.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gylfi on 23:24 - Aug 8 with 1868 viewsdonkonky

So it's not win win.

Mmm if Gylfi does stay and has a repeat of his goals / assist stats I'd suggest he would be worth a 40 million investment.
Gylfi on 23:25 - Aug 8 with 1855 viewsNirvana

So it's not win win.

Simply put, Siggy is worth more than £40m, I've said it all along, and it's true. Look at the market this summer, FFS. Selling him well below his value is certainly not a wise move, on the pitch or for our finances.

Let's say we did take £40m. Those theoretical "three players" may all be of the £5m-Jenkins bargain bin variety for all we know. Maybe slightly more expensive, but the point remains. They may all fail and then we're relegated, simply because we wanted to take a big sum of money. I don't have a lot of confidence in our scouting/recruitment team, and I have none in Jenkins. Maybe you do, I don't know.

But, we shouldn't be looking to move our best and most influential player at a discount, someone who has meant so much to us for so long. If he wants to leave, force his hand. If not, it's £50m or we go into another season with him giving us a great chance of staying up. He is a committed professional, I doubt there would be an issue.

And, I didn't say any financial discussion is tedious, I said "a lot". And a lot are. But, I've praised you and others for having the resolve and interest to do it when it matters, and that's how I truly feel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024