Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Siggy 10:16 - Aug 6 with 6084 viewsandrew

Replace Routledge
Replace Naughton

If we play like that or better every game this season we can fight for top 8. I wish we knew why ta going on so long but the longer it goes ok the worse it is for us, get rid tomorrow, Carrol had 3 assists last night so f**k him.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Sell Siggy on 20:15 - Aug 6 with 1566 viewspencoedjack

I'm happy to keep Naughton as back up as long as whoever starts never gets injured....I'd imagine Rangel when he retires is going to get a role within the club in some capacity, but unfortunately he is not a PL player these days

We need a replacement weakest part of our squad.

Routs I'm happy to have as a squad player but should never be in the starting 11

We also need cover at centre half if Alf or Fede get injured the thought of VDH or Calamity Kyle coming in fills me with dread
Sell Siggy on 20:28 - Aug 6 with 1532 viewsmonmouth

Wayne must be just behind Ash (or ahead now) as our most "capped" premier league player? That's because every manager apart from Rodgers first half first season has picked him consistently for just about every game. Still, Planet Swans knows best.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sell Siggy on 20:31 - Aug 6 with 1523 viewsmax936

Sell Siggy on 20:05 - Aug 6 by raynor94

Anywhere near £45 million is a great deal, let's just get it done

I think they'll hold up until the end of the window for the 50 then settle for less cause player doesn't want to be here and there's no option left, that leaves us with no time to get him replaced though maybe that's want the Yanks want, its a ready made excuse then "we wanted to get a couple in but we were left stranded because of the timescale etc etc" or earlier if he puts transfer request in.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sell Siggy on 20:32 - Aug 6 with 1515 viewsandrew

Sell Siggy on 20:28 - Aug 6 by monmouth

Wayne must be just behind Ash (or ahead now) as our most "capped" premier league player? That's because every manager apart from Rodgers first half first season has picked him consistently for just about every game. Still, Planet Swans knows best.

Yeh, and all them managers were sacked since Rodgers, just saying.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 1484 viewsjack247

Sell Siggy on 20:32 - Aug 6 by andrew

Which clearly makes them worse at judging players than the average fan on his iPhone
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 20:49]
Sell Siggy on 20:50 - Aug 6 with 1475 viewsmonmouth

Sell Siggy on 20:32 - Aug 6 by andrew

Sell Siggy on 20:50 - Aug 6 with 1472 viewspencoedjack

Sell Siggy on 20:31 - Aug 6 by max936

I think they'll hold up until the end of the window for the 50 then settle for less cause player doesn't want to be here and there's no option left, that leaves us with no time to get him replaced though maybe that's want the Yanks want, its a ready made excuse then "we wanted to get a couple in but we were left stranded because of the timescale etc etc" or earlier if he puts transfer request in.

I think that excuse will only be believed by the most naive of supporters
Sell Siggy on 00:03 - Aug 7 with 1400 viewsNirvana

I don't know where or how this Naughton revisionism train started rolling, but any "success" he had last season under Clement is just a drop in the ocean. This guy has proven for years, consistently, that he doesn't have a footballer's brain and is the wrong type of player for our club.

Yes, improved coaching has helped him make quicker decisions, but it's still the same old Naughton. When pressured or stressed, he usually reverts to type and that is where the mistakes lie. He's not an attacking fullback and he's not particularly good at defending, either. I've said it before, but you really need to be one or the other in modern football.

Preferably both, though. Capa would be a terrific example of what we need, and is available and affordable. We should sign him, loan out Kingsley, and keep Naughton as cover for both fullbacks.
Login to get fewer ads

Sell Siggy on 00:09 - Aug 7 with 1388 viewsNirvana

Sell Siggy on 12:58 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

I did. Naughton played very well under Clement and was deservedly rewarded with a new contract.

Naughton got a lot of credit for his great strike last season, and it was a good goal. But, I've seen him try that ridiculous shot countless times over the years (with no success) when he should have been putting dangerous balls into the box for our attackers. That is literally the first thought I had when he finally scored.

The goal is a microcosm of his overall play: he has been rewarded for being average, essentially, just because he's not ffukkingg up for once. It doesn't mean that he's all of a sudden a great player, anymore than it did for Cork last season. For us and the type of football we aspire to, they are nice squad players but nothing more. Cork is now gone for that reason.

Naughton is 28, and lacks the requisite intelligence, confidence, and composure to be a starter in the PL. He would make a great utility fullback for us, though, and that's what I'd keep him around for. Depending on him to start another season is a very risky proposition. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us, if nobody is brought in.
Sell Siggy on 00:42 - Aug 7 with 1362 viewsymaohyd

Sell Siggy on 14:41 - Aug 6 by Al_Bundy

Well lets hope we play the equivalent of Sampdoria's second string in the prem every week we'll be fine

This

A few years back we played Villareal in a pre season friendly, were shocking, everyone was speculating at the prospect of relegation, the following week we beat Man U away and went on to have a very good season under GM....although I'd agree the warning signs were there during the season of what was to come.

As for Routledge, the only thing I'd say is that every manager seems to see something in him, I noticed he was given the armband yesterday when Leon went off?!

Naughton, he will always be a player who divides opinion. I personally think he's just about good enough, he's the least of our worries though, if we have a bad season again etc I don't think it will be down to Kyle Naughton!

Siggy fiasco, where do you start?

Firstly Everton's behaviour has been appalling. He wants to go, his agent is clearly in open dialogue with Everton, Everton therefore feel they can dick around and make the signing based on his agents advice.

As for the lengthy negotiations? Well as frustrating as it is for us fans when deals get completed on deadline day, I can understand it to a point. If a club sells a player therefore freeing transfer funds then that club wont be in a position to put an offer in until they have sold their own player and so the wheel goes around. Like a chain in buying a house!

In this situation however Everton have the money and are not relying on player sales. If we are asking for £50 mill that is our prerogative and equally Everton's prerogative to tell us to get stuffed if they do not think he's worth that.

What isn't acceptable is for Siggy's agent to be encouraging Everton, Everton's manager to be openly talking about another clubs player and Everton playing nip and tuck until they get their man.

Clement clearly went out on a limb to help Siggy's cause by stating that he hasn't asked to leave, thereby taking a bit of pressure off his (Siggy's) shoulders. Clement with some of his comments over the weekend is getting disappointed with the player.

In my opinion we should sell now, let Everton win the day and move on. Use the funds wisely and get player(s) in who want to be here.

Every Saturday now I'm going to be part of the ABE club, not anyone but England, anyone but Everton!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Sell Siggy on 01:39 - Aug 7 with 1333 viewsUplandsJack

For me this whole thing is plain and simple.

Tell Siggy,his agent & Everton either the £50 mill deals done by Wednesday or your staying son, well at least till next Summer and inform all his price will be going up to £100 million first thing Thursday morning. (No-one would be mad enough to to pay that)
Remind him he happily signed anot improved 4 year contract last Summer. We were/still are happy to accommodate him, IF a top 4 club came in for him, just as long we were rewarded accordingly. (£50 Million next summer)

Refresh husband memory that Everton aren't a top 4 club. It is they who wont meet our asking price for him, which in the current marketplace isn't unreasonable (said while trying to stop ones self from bursting into uncontrollable laughter) So don't go blaming us for this deal not happening, they just didn't really want him badly enough.

There could however be a third option to this whole sorry mess and that is, put in an official transfer request, thus forfeiting any bonus to player and agent. We can then happlily accept £45 Mill from everton and all move on.

Im sure if that conversation was had, we'd see what were really Siggy's priorities....

As an added note, we'd also save paying £500k if this alleged 10% to spurs is true.
Sell Siggy on 04:36 - Aug 7 with 1303 viewsEasternJack

Sell Siggy on 01:39 - Aug 7 by UplandsJack

For me this whole thing is plain and simple.

Tell Siggy,his agent & Everton either the £50 mill deals done by Wednesday or your staying son, well at least till next Summer and inform all his price will be going up to £100 million first thing Thursday morning. (No-one would be mad enough to to pay that)
Remind him he happily signed anot improved 4 year contract last Summer. We were/still are happy to accommodate him, IF a top 4 club came in for him, just as long we were rewarded accordingly. (£50 Million next summer)

Refresh husband memory that Everton aren't a top 4 club. It is they who wont meet our asking price for him, which in the current marketplace isn't unreasonable (said while trying to stop ones self from bursting into uncontrollable laughter) So don't go blaming us for this deal not happening, they just didn't really want him badly enough.

There could however be a third option to this whole sorry mess and that is, put in an official transfer request, thus forfeiting any bonus to player and agent. We can then happlily accept £45 Mill from everton and all move on.

Im sure if that conversation was had, we'd see what were really Siggy's priorities....

As an added note, we'd also save paying £500k if this alleged 10% to spurs is true.

10% of £50M is £500K?

Dineen, is that you?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Sell Siggy on 08:11 - Aug 7 with 1188 viewsmonmouth

Sell Siggy on 04:36 - Aug 7 by EasternJack

10% of £50M is £500K?

Dineen, is that you?

No but 10% of 5m is....and 50m-45m is 5m....

It's too sophisticated to be Dineen.

Sell Siggy on 09:11 - Aug 7 with 1115 viewsEasternJack

Sell Siggy on 08:11 - Aug 7 by monmouth

No but 10% of 5m is....and 50m-45m is 5m....

It's too sophisticated to be Dineen.

Ha ha yes

I'll get back to my vending machines

Sell Siggy on 09:22 - Aug 7 with 1082 viewsWarwickHunt

10% of £50M is £500K?

Dineen, is that you?

Diane Abbott.
Sell Siggy on 09:28 - Aug 7 with 1063 viewsbuilthjack

I hope he is still here at 3.00pm on Saturday. My bets for him staying will pay out then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sell Siggy on 09:39 - Aug 7 with 1042 viewslewisjack

10% of £50M is £500K?

Dineen, is that you?

What Uplands Jack is saying(I think?)
Siggy asks to leave ,forfeits loyalty bonus ,we the sell for 45 million.
Spurs then get 4.5 million rather than 5 million, if we sold for 50 m - saving the club 500k.

Magnus Maximus

Sell Siggy on 10:51 - Aug 7 with 938 viewsJango

Sell Siggy on 20:28 - Aug 6 by monmouth

And the style of football we've played has deteriorated ever since Rodgers left. Routledge is not up to premier league football anymore, simple as that .
Sell Siggy on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 885 viewsUplandsJack

Sell Siggy on 09:39 - Aug 7 by lewisjack

Spurs then get 4.5 million rather than 5 million, if we sold for 50 m - saving the club 500k.

Correct. It was late and id had a few San Miguels by then to.
Sell Siggy on 11:36 - Aug 7 with 858 viewsWarwickHunt

Spurs wouldn't get £5m anyway.

It's 10% of the price above what we bought him for (£10-12m?) and that may or may not include a % of the inevitable add-ons (which, if the Bony clauses are anything to go by, we'll never see anyway) which would seem to be around £5m as things stand.

Closer to £3m than £5m.
Sell Siggy on 11:42 - Aug 7 with 848 viewslewisjack

Sell Siggy on 11:18 - Aug 7 by UplandsJack

Correct. It was late and id had a few San Miguels by then to.

The equation seemed quite obvious 😁

Magnus Maximus

Sell Siggy on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 813 viewsUplandsJack

Sell Siggy on 10:51 - Aug 7 by Jango

And the style of football we've played has deteriorated ever since Rodgers left. Routledge is not up to premier league football anymore, simple as that .

So are you saying our style of play wasn't as good under Laudrup as it was under Rodgers?
That first season under Laudrup, was the best football I've seen Swansea ever play.
Though I did enjoy watching the 81/82 season. My first aged just 11, as an original glory hunter 😆
Sell Siggy on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 778 viewsmonmouth

Sell Siggy on 12:25 - Aug 7 by UplandsJack

So are you saying our style of play wasn't as good under Laudrup as it was under Rodgers?
That first season under Laudrup, was the best football I've seen Swansea ever play.
Though I did enjoy watching the 81/82 season. My first aged just 11, as an original glory hunter 😆

He seems to have forgotten the very first game after Rodgers f*cked off too, where Routledge (and Dyer) played a starring role in the demolition of QPR. In fact they were pivotal to that whole season along with Michu and DeGuz. Many of the experts on here have never rated three out of those four though, so it can't be true.

All those managers, all so wrong. All those keyboard burger flippers, all so right.

I'd like to see an upgrade now, but the lack of any respect for someone that has given a lot to the cause, gets right on my tits.

Sell Siggy on 12:55 - Aug 7 with 726 viewsEasternJack

Yep - I missed it. :)

Sell Siggy on 13:02 - Aug 7 with 701 views34dfgdf54

Sell Siggy on 12:33 - Aug 7 by monmouth

He seems to have forgotten the very first game after Rodgers f*cked off too, where Routledge (and Dyer) played a starring role in the demolition of QPR. In fact they were pivotal to that whole season along with Michu and DeGuz. Many of the experts on here have never rated three out of those four though, so it can't be true.

All those managers, all so wrong. All those keyboard burger flippers, all so right.

I'd like to see an upgrade now, but the lack of any respect for someone that has given a lot to the cause, gets right on my tits.

Completely agree Mon, nothing but respect for Routledge for what he has done here, been a brilliant signing for us and great value for money. I hope I don't come across as disrespectful with my posts regarding him, I just don't think he should be anywhere near starting eleven, still has a job to do here in regards to the squad though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024