Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top tips for my first trip 12:53 - Aug 22 with 23231 viewsJames1980

The day I make my first trip to Spo.... sorry the Crown Oil Arena, to use my shiny new season ticket is fast approaching.
So any tips on making sure I have a memorable (for the right reasons) day, will be much appreciated.
I will be from London on the train via Leeds. Probably take a stroll to the ground from the station.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Top tips for my first trip on 22:33 - Aug 28 with 2105 viewsTalkingSutty

Top tips for my first trip on 22:21 - Aug 28 by James1980

Until Saturday I had seen them play away just not at home. The season ticket deal happened to coincide with a promotion and not having to work Sunday's, I managed to book enough Saturday's off to make buying the season ticket worthwhile, plus as you will see from one of the pics I get heavily discounted rail travel (hence not looking for a ticket machine, because they don't give priv discount). I am looking forward to the Blackburn game and of course, Up The Dale

Right james, i live around the corner from the Moorcock so get yourself booked in for the Blackburn game and i'll meet u for a pint, maybe introduce you to the Rouge Lion. You could stay at my house but i don't know you well enough so we won't chance that one. If you"re an imbecile and liable to start pratting about then forget it. The offers there though, but don't start wasting my time because i'll come down to Ipswich or wherever you say your living. It's up to you!!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 22:37]
Top tips for my first trip on 22:48 - Aug 28 with 2055 viewsrochedale

Top tips for my first trip on 22:33 - Aug 28 by TalkingSutty

Right james, i live around the corner from the Moorcock so get yourself booked in for the Blackburn game and i'll meet u for a pint, maybe introduce you to the Rouge Lion. You could stay at my house but i don't know you well enough so we won't chance that one. If you"re an imbecile and liable to start pratting about then forget it. The offers there though, but don't start wasting my time because i'll come down to Ipswich or wherever you say your living. It's up to you!!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 22:37]

I too James, live a stones throw, ish, from the Moorcock and would love to meet you on your next trip up norf. Give me a shout if you fancy a beer and a chat about all things Dale, pre and post game. I'm 1978 so may be a little more your age bracket than some of the fudy duddies on here!

That was a joke, apologies in advance to those it may concern!!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Top tips for my first trip on 22:53 - Aug 28 with 2037 viewsTalkingSutty

Top tips for my first trip on 22:48 - Aug 28 by rochedale

I too James, live a stones throw, ish, from the Moorcock and would love to meet you on your next trip up norf. Give me a shout if you fancy a beer and a chat about all things Dale, pre and post game. I'm 1978 so may be a little more your age bracket than some of the fudy duddies on here!

That was a joke, apologies in advance to those it may concern!!

Thanks Rochedale, it might be better if you meet up with him, it's turned into a right palava this.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 22:55]
Top tips for my first trip on 23:10 - Aug 28 with 1995 viewsJames1980

I might not stay over next time but if I do, I will book into the Moorcock and let you know

Top tips for my first trip on 23:10 - Aug 28 with 1995 viewsrochedale

Top tips for my first trip on 22:53 - Aug 28 by TalkingSutty

Thanks Rochedale, it might be better if you meet up with him, it's turned into a right palava this.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 22:55]

Well, the offer is there... if he's legit I may bring him to meet you and Roccy!

Top tips for my first trip on 23:19 - Aug 28 with 1977 viewsTVOS1907

Top tips for my first trip on 23:10 - Aug 28 by rochedale

Well, the offer is there... if he's legit I may bring him to meet you and Roccy!

It would have to be in the Regal Moon at around 10am on Sunday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Top tips for my first trip on 23:27 - Aug 28 with 1960 viewsJames1980

Right unfortunately The Moorcock is fully booked so will probably travel up and back the same day.

Top tips for my first trip on 23:28 - Aug 28 with 1954 viewsrochedale

Top tips for my first trip on 23:27 - Aug 28 by James1980

Right unfortunately The Moorcock is fully booked so will probably travel up and back the same day.

There are other places to stay, more local and all... happy to help you book if needed...?

Login to get fewer ads

Top tips for my first trip on 00:46 - Aug 29 with 1904 viewsShun

Top tips for my first trip on 22:28 - Aug 28 by BlueMessiah

Be sure to bring your proof of ID James. There will be a queue of odd looking middle-aged blokes ready to inspect it.

How do you know how old these posters are?
Top tips for my first trip on 05:13 - Aug 29 with 1879 viewsroccydaleian

Top tips for my first trip on 23:19 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

It would have to be in the Regal Moon at around 10am on Sunday.

I'm willing to be more flexible if it helps Jame's experience more memorable.
Top tips for my first trip on 06:26 - Aug 29 with 1854 viewsTalkingSutty

Top tips for my first trip on 23:10 - Aug 28 by rochedale

You don't need to bring him to meet me, if you look through this thread I haven't expressed an opinion whether James is legitimate or not, i'n not arsed either way. There have been quite a few trolls over the years so you can see why some are suspicious. He was staying near were i live so i just offered to meet him, perhaps give him a lift to the game etc.The fact you have volunteered is great, i am busy with other non football related things on Saturdays also, that's why I stressed in my post to him that i don't want my time wasted.

I drink in the Moorcock and know the landlord so if i was that bothered I would ask him to check his bookings for last weekend, there's only a few bedrooms, it's a bit rude to be asking for personal information though so i wouldn't do it. Enjoy your meet up and please confirm either way,the suspense is killing me!!
Top tips for my first trip on 06:37 - Aug 29 with 1841 viewsColDale

For the record, I believe James joined the Trust about 3 or 4 weeks ago (and indicated that as an exile he was willing to have his details shared) with an address that backs everything that he's said. I doubt very much someone would go to the trouble of paying £10, finding a legitimate address 250 miles away (ish) as part of a wind up which (so far) hasn't actually attempted to wind anyone up.
Top tips for my first trip on 07:02 - Aug 29 with 1814 viewsJames1980

Top tips for my first trip on 06:37 - Aug 29 by ColDale

For the record, I believe James joined the Trust about 3 or 4 weeks ago (and indicated that as an exile he was willing to have his details shared) with an address that backs everything that he's said. I doubt very much someone would go to the trouble of paying £10, finding a legitimate address 250 miles away (ish) as part of a wind up which (so far) hasn't actually attempted to wind anyone up.

Thank you 😊

Top tips for my first trip on 07:14 - Aug 29 with 1797 viewsroccydaleian

Top tips for my first trip on 06:37 - Aug 29 by ColDale

Brilliant. Case closed. Apologies for any scepticism on my behalf. UP the Dale.
Top tips for my first trip on 07:24 - Aug 29 with 1778 viewsDale23years

Top tips for my first trip on 07:14 - Aug 29 by roccydaleian

Let see if rest of them apologise

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Top tips for my first trip on 07:31 - Aug 29 with 1777 viewsrochedale

Top tips for my first trip on 07:14 - Aug 29 by roccydaleian

Here here! Enjoy your next trip up Norf!

Top tips for my first trip on 08:11 - Aug 29 with 1722 viewsJames1980

Apologies accepted but I do understand the doubts though. Hope to get to meet up with and have a few bevvies over the course of the season
Up The Dale

Top tips for my first trip on 10:34 - Aug 29 with 1612 viewsRAFCBLUE

Top tips for my first trip on 08:11 - Aug 29 by James1980

Apologies accepted but I do understand the doubts though. Hope to get to meet up with and have a few bevvies over the course of the season
Up The Dale

Are you planning to visit Southend James?

If so, that's a good chance to meet some of the people who post on here as well as a good number of the southern based Exiles who will make that game.

I'd expect us to take less than went to Portsmouth - its a pain to get to.

If you make it there, do feel free to make yourself known.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Top tips for my first trip on 13:28 - Aug 29 with 1509 viewsLuke8686

Hi James,
I'm also based down south and get the train up from Euston to home macthes so would be good to meet up at some point! I only get to a couple of homes games per season (didn't think it was worth getting a ST) but I'm usually on my own these days as my dad doesn't come up much anymore so would be good to have some company!

Won't be at the Blackburn game but if you let me know what other matches you're going to (I'll def be at the Exiles game) we can sort something out.
Top tips for my first trip on 15:18 - Aug 29 with 1401 viewsJames1980

Top tips for my first trip on 13:28 - Aug 29 by Luke8686

Hi James,
I'm also based down south and get the train up from Euston to home macthes so would be good to meet up at some point! I only get to a couple of homes games per season (didn't think it was worth getting a ST) but I'm usually on my own these days as my dad doesn't come up much anymore so would be good to have some company!

Won't be at the Blackburn game but if you let me know what other matches you're going to (I'll def be at the Exiles game) we can sort something out.

Hi Luke,

that will be good, I will be going to the Blackburn, Gillingham, Rotherham, Bristol Rover, Wigan, Peterborough, and Oxford games at the COA. Don't know about after January 2018 till the end of the season yet.

Top tips for my first trip on 15:24 - Aug 29 with 1387 views1mark1

Top tips for my first trip on 23:27 - Aug 28 by James1980

The Flying Horse has rooms.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Top tips for my first trip on 15:40 - Aug 29 with 1350 viewsJames1980

Top tips for my first trip on 15:24 - Aug 29 by 1mark1

The Flying Horse has rooms.

Cheers sent PM

Top tips for my first trip on 18:58 - Aug 29 with 1216 viewsshawclough_dale

He will be waiting a long time for an apology from the witch finder general and his cronies.
Top tips for my first trip on 19:12 - Aug 29 with 1192 viewsJames1980

Top tips for my first trip on 18:58 - Aug 29 by shawclough_dale

He will be waiting a long time for an apology from the witch finder general and his cronies.

Matthew Hopkins supports Dale I never knew

Top tips for my first trip on 19:21 - Aug 29 with 1169 viewsD_Alien

Top tips for my first trip on 19:12 - Aug 29 by James1980

Matthew Hopkins supports Dale I never knew

It was the away defeat at Ipswich in 1645 that drove him mad, leading to his career as a sadistic egomaniac

If you'd been following the Dale for as long as some of us, you'd know how it feels

It's now or never James, for you... if you're going to be a Daley, you know where it leads, but it'll be one hell of a ride!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024