Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never moan about Dale again 20:54 - Sep 1 with 12384 viewsDale23years

Watching England live is 100 times worst than on tv. It's dogshite
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 20:57]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Never moan about Dale again on 20:39 - Sep 4 with 3342 viewsD_Alien

Never moan about Dale again on 20:21 - Sep 4 by Dale23years

It's basically same players from 2016 euros squad. They are not good enough neither is the yes manager

That's fine, but who would you suggest as replacements?

Easy to be negative, less easy to put your own suggestions forward

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Never moan about Dale again on 20:39 - Sep 4 with 3340 viewsmingthemerciless

The usual England performance, not enough end product. Final ball is poor. Good goal though, played for and got.
Never moan about Dale again on 20:55 - Sep 4 with 3295 viewsDaleAddict

The "neutral" ITV commentary team made nothing of it, Hoddle in particular trying to emphasize that he did well to get back, but Walker should have been sent off for a blatant trip on the last man right on half time; it was Keith Keane-esque!

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Never moan about Dale again on 21:02 - Sep 4 with 3274 viewsDale23years

Never moan about Dale again on 20:39 - Sep 4 by D_Alien

That's fine, but who would you suggest as replacements?

Easy to be negative, less easy to put your own suggestions forward

Pickford

Keane stone Jones

Walker Henderson drinkwater rose

Ali ( just )

Rashford Keane

Never moan about Dale again on 21:08 - Sep 4 with 3246 viewsKnowlesy

Never moan about Dale again on 21:02 - Sep 4 by Dale23years

Pickford

Keane stone Jones

Walker Henderson drinkwater rose

Ali ( just )

Rashford Keane

It's got to be Butland in goal, surely. Brilliant goalkeeper.
Never moan about Dale again on 21:12 - Sep 4 with 3236 viewsDale23years

Never moan about Dale again on 21:08 - Sep 4 by Knowlesy

It's got to be Butland in goal, surely. Brilliant goalkeeper.

Think both Brilliant keepers way better than hart.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 21:16]

Never moan about Dale again on 21:37 - Sep 4 with 3179 viewsDaley_Lama

Same team with two swops for me.

Pickford
Llanana

Disaster waiting to happen
Bloke who picks the wrong option 9/10 times

Poll: DF in or out

Never moan about Dale again on 21:39 - Sep 4 with 3177 viewsD_Alien

That was a pretty good performance by England, against decent opposition

There's times to criticise, and times when you should just watch us taking another step towards qualification

Sure, the finals will be another matter but all in all, i'm reasonably happy with what i'm seeing and difficult to pick out where we could be much better given the players we have to choose from

Good, tight formation by Southgate too, which prevented talented players from creating anything after the first three minutes
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 19:35]

Login to get fewer ads

Never moan about Dale again on 21:57 - Sep 4 with 3111 viewsfitzochris

Never moan about Dale again on 21:39 - Sep 4 by D_Alien

That was a pretty good performance by England, against decent opposition

There's times to criticise, and times when you should just watch us taking another step towards qualification

Sure, the finals will be another matter but all in all, i'm reasonably happy with what i'm seeing and difficult to pick out where we could be much better given the players we have to choose from

Good, tight formation by Southgate too, which prevented talented players from creating anything after the first three minutes
[Post edited 5 Sep 2017 19:35]

It's the pundits who drive me mad. We seem to have acquired a very undeserved superiority complex.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Never moan about Dale again on 21:58 - Sep 4 with 3111 viewsmingthemerciless

Never moan about Dale again on 21:37 - Sep 4 by Daley_Lama

Same team with two swops for me.

Pickford
Llanana

Disaster waiting to happen
Bloke who picks the wrong option 9/10 times

I agree about the decision making. We choose the wrong option in the final third as much as we choose the correct option.
Never moan about Dale again on 22:21 - Sep 4 with 3061 viewsTalkingSutty

Never moan about Dale again on 21:57 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

It's the pundits who drive me mad. We seem to have acquired a very undeserved superiority complex.

You've been living in Scotland too long,England have always been superior😀👍
Never moan about Dale again on 22:47 - Sep 4 with 3009 viewsfitzochris

Never moan about Dale again on 22:21 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

You've been living in Scotland too long,England have always been superior😀👍

I'd hold the same opinion if I still lived in Dale. The truth is, England have done nothing in recent years to warrant the pundits' condescending attitude towards other nations.

Never moan about Dale again on 05:34 - Sep 5 with 2913 viewsTalkingSutty

Never moan about Dale again on 22:47 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

I'd hold the same opinion if I still lived in Dale. The truth is, England have done nothing in recent years to warrant the pundits' condescending attitude towards other nations.

I suppose they continue to qualify for major tournaments which at least gives us something to look forward to, other countries don't. The pundits are feathering their own nests and are trying to make it sound interesting. Home advantage gave us the win last night, played in a major tournament on a neutral pitch we would probably have lost that match.

When you look at the individual players we have in the team we should be beating these smaller nations, I don't know if that's condescending or not but it's the truth. It's like when the Dale play Telford or Droylsden😀. Anyway we won an important game against opponents who had won their last 5 on the spin and look like we will be going to the World Cup, I'm happy about that.
Never moan about Dale again on 07:02 - Sep 5 with 2874 viewsrochedale

Didn't watch the first half but believe we weren't great. For what I saw in the second half we were streets ahead and played well, kept them at bay quiet easily, attacked with confidence and didn't look threatened, but you would expect that against Slovakia if you are expectant of doing well in a tournament.

England friendlies and qualifiers are rarely classics and often played against weaker (supposedly) opposition which straight away puts the team under pressure do to the expectancy.

I don't think we've got a great team, I think someone compared the 1990 team to now, which had an abundance of quality. I think the only real top quality players we had in that line up were Kane, Ali, Rashford and maybe Jones, which is worrying and I can't think now who else could come in.

Group stage exit for me...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Never moan about Dale again on 07:24 - Sep 5 with 2855 viewsfitzochris

Never moan about Dale again on 05:34 - Sep 5 by TalkingSutty

I suppose they continue to qualify for major tournaments which at least gives us something to look forward to, other countries don't. The pundits are feathering their own nests and are trying to make it sound interesting. Home advantage gave us the win last night, played in a major tournament on a neutral pitch we would probably have lost that match.

When you look at the individual players we have in the team we should be beating these smaller nations, I don't know if that's condescending or not but it's the truth. It's like when the Dale play Telford or Droylsden😀. Anyway we won an important game against opponents who had won their last 5 on the spin and look like we will be going to the World Cup, I'm happy about that.

We've won the World Cup once - in 1966 - and haven't made the semi final of a major tournament since 1996. That's poor in my opinion. Yet the way the pundits and media go on, we should be winning every game at a canter. The way they went on about Slovakia last night was hilarious - and was shown up within minutes.

Thankfully we played well in the second half and came away with the points. I actually do think the pundits and the media are the reason England don't always perform at their best.

They were already trying to get Southgate to hail Rashford as the new Wayne Rooney last night. Let the lad progress FFS.

Never moan about Dale again on 07:51 - Sep 5 with 2824 viewsTalkingSutty

Never moan about Dale again on 07:24 - Sep 5 by fitzochris

We've won the World Cup once - in 1966 - and haven't made the semi final of a major tournament since 1996. That's poor in my opinion. Yet the way the pundits and media go on, we should be winning every game at a canter. The way they went on about Slovakia last night was hilarious - and was shown up within minutes.

Thankfully we played well in the second half and came away with the points. I actually do think the pundits and the media are the reason England don't always perform at their best.

They were already trying to get Southgate to hail Rashford as the new Wayne Rooney last night. Let the lad progress FFS.

Can't really argue with any of that,which is unusual for me 😀.It's feast or famine with the media and nothing in between, everything needs to be sensationalised. Anybody who knows anything about football would have predicted a difficult game last night against worthy opponents. We do have a lot of quality in that team that can't be denied, but for me there is no real leader or talisman and don't get me started on Southgate, what a wet lettuce!!
Never moan about Dale again on 13:19 - Sep 5 with 2629 viewskrafty80

I completely agree with those posters commenting on the insular nature of the England debate. Promoting a manager from the U21s is fairly commonplace internationally I think, and certainly plenty of managers try to create a 'club feel' by getting a group of players to play together over a sustained period of time. It infuriates me when in this country people go on about picking players 'on form', which usually amounts to about three games.

At last year's Euros, if memory serves, Italy picked in their starting XI Emmanuele Giaccharini, a player who couldn't get near the first team even at abysmal Sunderland. Yet he fitted Italy's plan and was a 'known quantity' for the manager.

Similarly you could argue that Germany persisted with Miroslav Klose well into his 30s because he did a job for that team, even though he was never that prolific in club football. Had he been English he would have been hounded out of the squad at age 30 for being 'past it', probably in favour of some youngster who's suddenly 'the future'!

Next summer, a group stage exit would be a mild disappointment, but reaching the QFs must be considered a success. I guarantee if we get to the QFs and lose, there'll be another epic national post-mortem when, really, that's where we are in the world game!
Never moan about Dale again on 14:42 - Sep 5 with 2560 viewspioneer

Never moan about Dale again on 13:19 - Sep 5 by krafty80

I completely agree with those posters commenting on the insular nature of the England debate. Promoting a manager from the U21s is fairly commonplace internationally I think, and certainly plenty of managers try to create a 'club feel' by getting a group of players to play together over a sustained period of time. It infuriates me when in this country people go on about picking players 'on form', which usually amounts to about three games.

At last year's Euros, if memory serves, Italy picked in their starting XI Emmanuele Giaccharini, a player who couldn't get near the first team even at abysmal Sunderland. Yet he fitted Italy's plan and was a 'known quantity' for the manager.

Similarly you could argue that Germany persisted with Miroslav Klose well into his 30s because he did a job for that team, even though he was never that prolific in club football. Had he been English he would have been hounded out of the squad at age 30 for being 'past it', probably in favour of some youngster who's suddenly 'the future'!

Next summer, a group stage exit would be a mild disappointment, but reaching the QFs must be considered a success. I guarantee if we get to the QFs and lose, there'll be another epic national post-mortem when, really, that's where we are in the world game!

On what basis do you say 'reaching the quarter final' is where we are? Its a while since we even managed that modest goal. Reaching a WC QF next year would be a vast improvement for us and in many ways would be a bit of a shock. I don't expect it happen but hope I am wrong.
Never moan about Dale again on 18:13 - Sep 5 with 2447 viewsfunkkk

Never moan about Dale again on 07:24 - Sep 5 by fitzochris

The thing is the standard at international football is poor. England should be winning games/groups easily in qualifying as should any of the top 15-20 nations.

People like to blame the media as if we're the only country with a demanding press, it's simply not true. We've been unlucky not to progress further in quite a few tournaments (nothing recently). Our aim should be to get through the group stage at tournament football every two years and then see where we go.
Never moan about Dale again on 20:34 - Sep 5 with 2355 viewsfitzochris

Never moan about Dale again on 18:13 - Sep 5 by funkkk

The thing is the standard at international football is poor. England should be winning games/groups easily in qualifying as should any of the top 15-20 nations.

People like to blame the media as if we're the only country with a demanding press, it's simply not true. We've been unlucky not to progress further in quite a few tournaments (nothing recently). Our aim should be to get through the group stage at tournament football every two years and then see where we go.

The standard of international football is poor? Sorry, you lost me there.

Other countries have demanding media, yes, but a lot of these countries have delivered. England haven't. For a long time. Yet our media think we should be dominating world football when all evidence points to the contrary. That has to have a psychological effect on players, in fact a few have confirmed it does.

I agree with your last point as an objective, but the pressure won't allow it.

It's no coincidence that our last great tournament performance (Euro 96) came when the team had been written off by the media before a ball had been kicked.

Never moan about Dale again on 09:08 - Sep 6 with 2212 viewsmacro

Argentina are struggling to qualify so it could be themselves and the Netherlands as the ‘bigger’ teams who miss out on the WC. At least Argentina’s qualifying pool is competitive!
Never moan about Dale again on 12:21 - Sep 6 with 2127 viewsDaley_Lama

Couple of other observations about the England game.

Kyle Walker was very lucky not to be sent off just before half time - last man, foul not given by the ref

Eric Dier was lucky not to be sent off (second yellow) in injury time, clear deliberate foul stopping Slovakia breaking

Regarding that foul. Highlights have just been on and it occurred as follows

3 minutes additional time
Foul committed after 1 minute 40 seconds
England sub
Play recommenced after 2 minutes 58 seconds
Final whistle 3 minutes 9 seconds

Through the Eric Dier foul England managed to waste 78 seconds and the ref added on an additional 9. Bravo!

Never moan about Dale again on 12:35 - Sep 6 with 2099 viewsTalkingSutty

Never moan about Dale again on 12:21 - Sep 6 by Daley_Lama

Couple of other observations about the England game.

Kyle Walker was very lucky not to be sent off just before half time - last man, foul not given by the ref

Eric Dier was lucky not to be sent off (second yellow) in injury time, clear deliberate foul stopping Slovakia breaking

Regarding that foul. Highlights have just been on and it occurred as follows

3 minutes additional time
Foul committed after 1 minute 40 seconds
England sub
Play recommenced after 2 minutes 58 seconds
Final whistle 3 minutes 9 seconds

Through the Eric Dier foul England managed to waste 78 seconds and the ref added on an additional 9. Bravo!

You need a hobby.😊
Never moan about Dale again on 13:12 - Sep 6 with 2062 viewsDaley_Lama

Never moan about Dale again on 12:35 - Sep 6 by TalkingSutty

You need a hobby.😊

😊😊😊

A bit like another posters irritation with pooh kits, mine is giving the opposition a sniff of a chance in the last minute.

Last season hurt somewhat, especially the goal by Northampton.

When watching the match live and seeing Sterling try to score rather than go to the corner with 1:30 left, i thought uh-ho, here we go, this lot have got a couple of attacks left in them.

When Dier cropped him i thought, uh-ho, this lot have got a couple of attacks still in them.

As the sub happened, i thought this lot have got a couple of attacks in them and free time to send all the big men up front for the keeper to launch it into the box.

I was cursing all of the above then the ref decided not to bother. Turn the tables and as a Slovakian i would have been spitting feathers.

Never moan about Dale again on 13:52 - Sep 6 with 2022 viewsD_Alien

Never moan about Dale again on 13:12 - Sep 6 by Daley_Lama

😊😊😊

A bit like another posters irritation with pooh kits, mine is giving the opposition a sniff of a chance in the last minute.

Last season hurt somewhat, especially the goal by Northampton.

When watching the match live and seeing Sterling try to score rather than go to the corner with 1:30 left, i thought uh-ho, here we go, this lot have got a couple of attacks left in them.

When Dier cropped him i thought, uh-ho, this lot have got a couple of attacks still in them.

As the sub happened, i thought this lot have got a couple of attacks in them and free time to send all the big men up front for the keeper to launch it into the box.

I was cursing all of the above then the ref decided not to bother. Turn the tables and as a Slovakian i would have been spitting feathers.

I agree, and thought surely the ref will add on at least another minute to the "minimum added time" - but no. Expect he'll be marked down for that in whatever the international refs panel marking scheme might be

Disagree about the challenges, I thought the ref got it just about right. The Walker challenge was one of those that another ref might've given but he gave the benefit of the doubt to Walker who looked to be trying to get the ball cleanly, and there was sufficent doubt about the actual contact made. In those circumstances, the ref has got to err on the side of caution (no caution required...)

Edit: expect TS will have gone to the kitchen to make a brew, so will have missed it
[Post edited 6 Sep 2017 14:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024