Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 43088 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:29 - Sep 2 with 2241 viewswhoflungdung

We re all liars.

Every one of us

Difference is some of us know we are

The ones that say they always tell the truth are greatest liars

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:34 - Sep 2 with 2235 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:29 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

We re all liars.

Every one of us

Difference is some of us know we are

The ones that say they always tell the truth are greatest liars

Perch, why do find it impossible to type a post without

leaving massive gaps

between each line ?

Just a thought like .....

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:44 - Sep 2 with 2211 viewswhoflungdung

I

Find

Life

Impossible

Don't worry.. You ll find other things in life to annoy

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:51 - Sep 2 with 2209 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:44 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

I

Find

Life

Impossible

Don't worry.. You ll find other things in life to annoy

You manage to use a keyboard, yet insist on leaving those silly gaps ?
Just strange is all ...
Like my use of dots after my last sentence

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:15 - Sep 2 with 2188 viewsjack_lord

A couple of concerns for me.

Two of our signings (albeit potentially major stars) are still loan players that we have paid cash for but have to give them back then we have big holes to fill which will cost even more next season.

We also have no idea how they will fit in over the season and if there are injuries we have got rid of our strikers. Why, oh why, did it take so long to sort out the Bony signing. Yes, they were waiting for Llorente business to be sorted but doesn't that mean we are short of players and not short of money.

I am excited that we have quality through the team but there are still positions that needed to be covered and we got rid of our two best players. I think that Bony will work out better than Llorente but maybe that's my rose tinted spectacles.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:32 - Sep 2 with 2171 viewswhoflungdung

Ellipses ? Nah

Silly....now your talking

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:44 - Sep 2 with 2164 viewsswan65split

Most of what the res says is true, anyone of us who has been through the dark times with this club cannot believe what we are witnessing now it was a pipe dream not so long ago, but, I think we are a bit too thin in squad numbers , the pressure in the Prem is great, yes weve got rid of some dead wood, but we havent replaced it with anything, to think Mc Burney who was a regular on the bench so far this season, has been pushed out we are a bit weak and untried . just hope it works .
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:45 - Sep 2 with 2163 viewsharryhpalmer

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 09:56 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

How pathetic to dissect every individual game since Clement came in, bought the players we needed to stay up and gained 29 points from this period.

Yeah he might have done some things differently although you don't know for sure that anything you may have thought best, from the comfort of hindsight would've worked out differently. What we do know is the above. I've long since thought we could have shipped out Siggy and Llorente in January and stayed up, but I will never know for sure.

What we do know is he did the almost impossible. And with a team bereft of flair, pace or fluidity. We've also got 4 points on the board from 3 tricky games this season before the window ended and with all the uncertainty. That's bloody impressive.

Lastly, do me a favour. Please don't ever question team selection and tactics. Who exactly are you to do that? Are you Ancelloti, Mourinho, Ferguson, Shankley? Or are you some retired blue collar worker from up the Hill?

Think about it Inch High Private Eye, there's a good chap.

pathetic. pathetic is you now saying sellouts are above criticism.

And you are myopic in your view that Clement has been inch perfect, because he obviously hasn't and he continued to make the same mistakes for that period of 6 games.

As for getting the backing of HJ who held his head up during that period, it was HJ who told him if he did not get Leon back in the side and we went down, questions would be asked about this.

Suddenly the wee-man is brought back for Stoke. Ki also restored to his best position, and we stayed up. And no we would not have stayed up without the goals of Llorente and Siggy.

who the fcuk would we have brought in to do that? They scored 51% of our goals,and those were a direct result in 80% of our wins.

Did Clement keep us up - hell yes. Would we have gone down with Brad Bobbly in charge - without doubt.

Is Clement a good manager. Certainly has the makings of a good of not great manager.

But is he this faultless genius? You must have your head so far up Jenkins' arse you've got too much sh1t in your eyes.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:55 - Sep 2 with 2132 viewswhoflungdung

Jenkins deserves approbrium not for selling the club but to who it was sold.

Nothing matter with lining pockets either

So long as you sell to right people.

There again, I'm hoping thecYanks prove people wrong

That would be hardest for many to swallow

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:03 - Sep 2 with 2115 viewslifelong

Excellent op.

Would have still preferred Llorente to Bony though.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:15 - Sep 2 with 2092 viewsDr_Winston

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:03 - Sep 2 by lifelong

Excellent op.

Would have still preferred Llorente to Bony though.

If Bony is even 75% of the player he was first time around he'll offer us more of an all round game than Llorente. Fernando was a great player for us but we can't be reliant on set pieces any more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:18 - Sep 2 with 2079 viewsGlyn1

OK , how did you get The Resolution's password and what have you done with him, is he chained up in a basement somewhere?

But I agree with almost all of this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:20 - Sep 2 with 2071 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:32 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

Ellipses ? Nah

Silly....now your talking

Just showing your education there - I didn't know they were called that ......

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:36 - Sep 2 with 2041 viewsBillyChong

Obviously we are still in an amazing position and are arguably still overachieving. But let's not forgot how disgracefully some of these miracle achievers have behaved over the last couple of years. We were extremely lucky to stay up last season and if we had gone down the main reason would have been the decision to appoint Bob Bradley. I don't think our squad is as strong as you feel it is. Defence is my main concern where there is no much room for injury or even to rest fatigued or out of form players. Yes Clement seems to be making the most out of the squad and although yet proven seems to have pulled off a coup with Sanches. But 'next level'? I can't say we are at the level we were a couple of seasons ago yet on the pitch. And off the pitch all of these new features mentioned are things that other prem clubs were doing years ago, nothing exciting or innovative there yet.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:41 - Sep 2 with 2030 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:36 - Sep 2 by BillyChong

Obviously we are still in an amazing position and are arguably still overachieving. But let's not forgot how disgracefully some of these miracle achievers have behaved over the last couple of years. We were extremely lucky to stay up last season and if we had gone down the main reason would have been the decision to appoint Bob Bradley. I don't think our squad is as strong as you feel it is. Defence is my main concern where there is no much room for injury or even to rest fatigued or out of form players. Yes Clement seems to be making the most out of the squad and although yet proven seems to have pulled off a coup with Sanches. But 'next level'? I can't say we are at the level we were a couple of seasons ago yet on the pitch. And off the pitch all of these new features mentioned are things that other prem clubs were doing years ago, nothing exciting or innovative there yet.

Off the field we are years behind - yes.
However, do we say "Let's do this now" or "Sod it we should have done it xxx years ago, so let's not bother" ?
Also on the field we are much stronger than we were in July, knowing (more or less) that Gylfi & Llorente would go

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:58 - Sep 2 with 1980 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:45 - Sep 2 by harryhpalmer

pathetic. pathetic is you now saying sellouts are above criticism.

And you are myopic in your view that Clement has been inch perfect, because he obviously hasn't and he continued to make the same mistakes for that period of 6 games.

As for getting the backing of HJ who held his head up during that period, it was HJ who told him if he did not get Leon back in the side and we went down, questions would be asked about this.

Suddenly the wee-man is brought back for Stoke. Ki also restored to his best position, and we stayed up. And no we would not have stayed up without the goals of Llorente and Siggy.

who the fcuk would we have brought in to do that? They scored 51% of our goals,and those were a direct result in 80% of our wins.

Did Clement keep us up - hell yes. Would we have gone down with Brad Bobbly in charge - without doubt.

Is Clement a good manager. Certainly has the makings of a good of not great manager.

But is he this faultless genius? You must have your head so far up Jenkins' arse you've got too much sh1t in your eyes.

Listen here you old creep, don't pretend you know it all or that you know more about the game than Clement.

Or please remind me when you worked under Ancelotti or Mourino? It's laughable really, Clement was there trying his best to work on the training ground and experimenting with formations and shapes, but it was ol' Harry Palmer and Jenkins that knew best all along.

Are you a facking joke? You sound like one.

And nowhere have I said they are above criticism. I just said it's time to move on and see a big picture, one that includes getting to a division you never thought we'd see in your 148 years of watching the Swans.

Mug.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:48 - Sep 2 with 1955 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:15 - Sep 2 by jack_lord

A couple of concerns for me.

Two of our signings (albeit potentially major stars) are still loan players that we have paid cash for but have to give them back then we have big holes to fill which will cost even more next season.

We also have no idea how they will fit in over the season and if there are injuries we have got rid of our strikers. Why, oh why, did it take so long to sort out the Bony signing. Yes, they were waiting for Llorente business to be sorted but doesn't that mean we are short of players and not short of money.

I am excited that we have quality through the team but there are still positions that needed to be covered and we got rid of our two best players. I think that Bony will work out better than Llorente but maybe that's my rose tinted spectacles.

I'm reading this a lot.

It seems when one mentions something on here, it can spread like wildfire.

I don't want to hear this anymore as it's pretty irrelevant.

And why? Well for the simple reason that we could get 2 more loan signings next season, and the season after and the one after that, if we'd like. It's a small outlay relatively speaking and allows us to tap up talent we otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I'd appreciate if you can now start spreading the above message - you watch, you won't be the last
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 21:50]

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:19 - Sep 2 with 1917 viewsdobjack2

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:48 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

I'm reading this a lot.

And why? Well for the simple reason that we could get 2 more loan signings next season, and the season after and the one after that, if we'd like. It's a small outlay relatively speaking and allows us to tap up talent we otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I'd appreciate if you can now start spreading the above message - you watch, you won't be the last

Good for this season but these two are pretty much as a direct result of our manager. If they work maybe we will get others next season?

However if our manager leaves will we get the same quality of player on loan?

Yes live for the season with the loan signings we have made but I hope we have back up plans in case Clement moves on.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:52 - Sep 2 with 1889 viewsTheResurrection

Too many on here are the types that look for a problem in every solution.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:01 - Sep 2 with 1882 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:52 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

Not really if you are implying that to the previous post
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:06 - Sep 2 with 1878 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:19 - Sep 2 by dobjack2

Good for this season but these two are pretty much as a direct result of our manager. If they work maybe we will get others next season?

However if our manager leaves will we get the same quality of player on loan?

Yes live for the season with the loan signings we have made but I hope we have back up plans in case Clement moves on.

Spot on fella I said the same in another post.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:22 - Sep 2 with 1864 viewsjack_lord

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:48 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

I'm reading this a lot.

Chris, how many good loan signings have we had in the last 7 seasons? I'd love it if it were possible because it does appear a small outlay. The problem is it will be an outlay with nothing back. We will continue to spend and develop another team's possibles but no longer getting Gylfi money. Then we may get two loan signings who are too lightweight and we get caught out.
I'm looking on the negative side a caution as I said it was a concern.

Hopefully, we will sort out the cash flow and this season's loanees will get us right up the table and we will benefit from league position money.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 11:47 - Sep 3 with 1789 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 23:22 - Sep 2 by jack_lord

Chris, how many good loan signings have we had in the last 7 seasons? I'd love it if it were possible because it does appear a small outlay. The problem is it will be an outlay with nothing back. We will continue to spend and develop another team's possibles but no longer getting Gylfi money. Then we may get two loan signings who are too lightweight and we get caught out.
I'm looking on the negative side a caution as I said it was a concern.

Hopefully, we will sort out the cash flow and this season's loanees will get us right up the table and we will benefit from league position money.

But you can apportion that argument to any signing. Loan or otherwise.

What if our next star buy turns out to be Borja? This happens and will again. One thing in the favour of a loan signing is we could send them back after the year, and that they wouldn't have cost the earth.

And re the how many decent loan signings have we had in 7 years, I agree with you. However we have never before tried to get top loan signings in like this time. Previously they have been back ups or hopefuls.

This is a change of tack for us so let's just see how it goes first.

We may all be more than pleasantly surprised.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:03 - Sep 3 with 1777 viewsDewi1jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 22:52 - Sep 2 by TheResurrection

Far too many rush into criticism of new to the club players as well.
Got to give it the first 10 games to make it a fair judgment on players and managers.

Only time I've not followed that statement was under Brad where I totally gave up trying to fathom his workings after 5 games.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 1754 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 12:03 - Sep 3 by Dewi1jack

Far too many rush into criticism of new to the club players as well.
Got to give it the first 10 games to make it a fair judgment on players and managers.

Only time I've not followed that statement was under Brad where I totally gave up trying to fathom his workings after 5 games.

Surprised it took anyone five games TBH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024