Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman stands down 11:02 - Nov 22 with 23360 viewsbiggar

Just had email saying new chairman has stood down.
New chairman stands down on 19:47 - Nov 22 with 1891 viewsGaryjack

New chairman stands down on 19:43 - Nov 22 by whoflungdung

Does this mean then Gary, that if you came across these cretins ,you wouldn't be doffing your cap to them

Not in a Billion years, and i've known some of them since i was 14.
New chairman stands down on 19:50 - Nov 22 with 1878 viewsPhil_S

New chairman stands down on 19:45 - Nov 22 by MoscowJack

So they offered in writing £5.17m......and then they changed it?

I'm not questioning you, just trying to clearly understand it.

It’s not for me to comment on where the deal is on that front (not being evasive but I suspect things have moved on in 2 weeks)

We were given the £5.17m figure and that figure was presented back in the summer

Some of the terms we presented in the summer were different on the term sheet when it arrived and my view was that created a situation where the relationship had broken but - as Matt said - others wanted to negotiate to get back where it was/should be

Clearly I’m not privy any more to progress to know what thatnegotiation looks like
New chairman stands down on 19:51 - Nov 22 with 1871 viewsBillyChong

New chairman stands down on 19:41 - Nov 22 by Garyjack

After everything the sell outs did to the trust, you'd think they would be pro active themselves to remove them from the club instead of sitting in the directors box with them on matchdays. I'm quite sure in my mind that if the trust were at the forefront of any demonstrations then they would be backed by hundreds if not thousands of fans instead of the 8 who the trust tried to pacify at the last home game!

My thoughts exactly
New chairman stands down on 19:52 - Nov 22 with 1865 viewsYossarian

New chairman stands down on 19:42 - Nov 22 by Phil_S

Oh I’ll answer that

We got the amount , the very amount quoted in the consultations in the summer

Anyone who says we got anything different than the amount passed on (£5.17m) needs to check facts as I hold that piece of communication here

Phil, saddens me to see the way it has gone. Thank you for your hard work over many years. I hope at some point, you’ll be back.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

New chairman stands down on 19:53 - Nov 22 with 1854 viewsPhil_S

And I would add that there’s been some excellent points made in some of these threads that I totally agree with

There’s also been some things passed off as fact that are simply not fact. There are of course some people who would see the detailing of the trust as a convenient smokescreen and distraction (some very disappointing comments about chickens coming home to roost from people who should know better) but it’s for each individual to read and decide what they believe is correct information
New chairman stands down on 19:54 - Nov 22 with 1847 viewswhoflungdung

In that case, it must seriously be hard for you to take

I went ott last night and apologise but I bite if poked .

Bottom line is , surely we have to do what we can to remove Jenkins as he sat killing the club . As he wont go, I see nothing wrong with well aimed abuse especially from thousands of punters

As you know ,I. Wasn't against a sale, I'm still not, but it's Who buys is what matters

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

New chairman stands down on 19:55 - Nov 22 with 1829 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 19:52 - Nov 22 by Yossarian

Phil, saddens me to see the way it has gone. Thank you for your hard work over many years. I hope at some point, you’ll be back.

He’ll be back he’s going to be new leader of the fans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New chairman stands down on 19:56 - Nov 22 with 1828 viewsPhil_S

New chairman stands down on 19:52 - Nov 22 by Yossarian

I’m not sure I ever see a point where that may happen , I did my time (some would say I did more than my time) and in the main I enjoyed it

What I realise in a week since I departed just how much it engulfed my time

Never say never but it’s as close as it gets 😂
Login to get fewer ads

New chairman stands down on 20:01 - Nov 22 with 1763 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 19:54 - Nov 22 by whoflungdung

In that case, it must seriously be hard for you to take

I went ott last night and apologise but I bite if poked .

Bottom line is , surely we have to do what we can to remove Jenkins as he sat killing the club . As he wont go, I see nothing wrong with well aimed abuse especially from thousands of punters

As you know ,I. Wasn't against a sale, I'm still not, but it's Who buys is what matters

You reckoned we should have been welcoming the American investors with open arms when everyone told you we shouldn’t. Thick twát.

New chairman stands down on 20:04 - Nov 22 with 1740 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 19:56 - Nov 22 by Phil_S

I’m not sure I ever see a point where that may happen , I did my time (some would say I did more than my time) and in the main I enjoyed it

What I realise in a week since I departed just how much it engulfed my time

Never say never but it’s as close as it gets 😂

Careful. You sound like Nigel Farage ...
New chairman stands down on 20:11 - Nov 22 with 1698 viewsPhil_S

New chairman stands down on 20:04 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

Careful. You sound like Nigel Farage ...

😂😂two weeks on the outside and the mist clears

And the chickens may just fight back

Now I sound like Eric Cantona
New chairman stands down on 20:19 - Nov 22 with 1645 viewsOldjack

New chairman stands down on 19:33 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

Would have made absolutely no difference if the sellers still wanted to sell and the buyers still wanted to buy.

Time scale again,all that sniffing around takes time,a lot of time,which the sellers didn't have ,it would have been very uncomfortable for both sellers and buyers ,that in my opinion is why the bastards kept so hush hush about it ,unless someone knows differently

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New chairman stands down on 20:21 - Nov 22 with 1632 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman stands down on 20:11 - Nov 22 by Phil_S

😂😂two weeks on the outside and the mist clears

And the chickens may just fight back

Now I sound like Eric Cantona

Shame you don't play like him, you côuld have started on Saturday.
New chairman stands down on 20:30 - Nov 22 with 1588 viewsexiledclaseboy

I only have a couple of thoughts.

The Trust statement is an insult. It completely ignores the eligibility issue which has been the main crux of the discussion on here since the weekend in favour of some lame nonsense about online abuse of a man who made what, a dozen posts? And I saw no personal insults, certainly nothing different to your average online discussion. There were plenty of allegations, most of which could have been easily refuted and/or ignored...if they’re not true. Jumping straight to threats of legal action was ill advised to say the least.

I don’t agree with much of Darran’s stance in this but he’s right insofar that if many more of the Trust board leave (and unless they plan on wriggling out of the 12 year thing at least some of them will have to) they will need replacing.

I don’t know where the Trust goes from here but I can’t help but think it’s at least partly been the architect of its own demise. No communication breeds speculation and contempt. I’ve been banging this drum with Phil for years. It’s 2017, mass communication is easier than it’s ever been yet Trust members get nothing. What’s the supporter director been doing since he was appointed? Anyone know? It’s not beyond the wit of man to produce a regular update on what’s been happening even if some of the detail necessarily has to be omitted.

Communication is at the heart of the Trust’s problems and always has been. Now it may well be too late to salvage anything from the mess. The faith and (pardon the pun) the trust has gone and that’ll be difficult if not impossible to get back. It’s an existential crisis now for the Trust.

Poll: Tory leader

New chairman stands down on 20:33 - Nov 22 with 1558 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 20:30 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

The Trust statement is an insult. It completely ignores the eligibility issue which has been the main crux of the discussion on here since the weekend in favour of some lame nonsense about online abuse of a man who made what, a dozen posts? And I saw no personal insults, certainly nothing different to your average online discussion. There were plenty of allegations, most of which could have been easily refuted and/or ignored...if they’re not true. Jumping straight to threats of legal action was ill advised to say the least.

I don’t agree with much of Darran’s stance in this but he’s right insofar that if many more of the Trust board leave (and unless they plan on wriggling out of the 12 year thing at least some of them will have to) they will need replacing.

I don’t know where the Trust goes from here but I can’t help but think it’s at least partly been the architect of its own demise. No communication breeds speculation and contempt. I’ve been banging this drum with Phil for years. It’s 2017, mass communication is easier than it’s ever been yet Trust members get nothing. What’s the supporter director been doing since he was appointed? Anyone know? It’s not beyond the wit of man to produce a regular update on what’s been happening even if some of the detail necessarily has to be omitted.

Communication is at the heart of the Trust’s problems and always has been. Now it may well be too late to salvage anything from the mess. The faith and (pardon the pun) the trust has gone and that’ll be difficult if not impossible to get back. It’s an existential crisis now for the Trust.

Exactly.

New chairman stands down on 20:33 - Nov 22 with 1563 viewsSwanseajill

New chairman stands down on 20:21 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

Shame you don't play like him, you côuld have started on Saturday.

New chairman stands down on 20:44 - Nov 22 with 1492 viewsJoshTheJack

Brilliant post!
New chairman stands down on 21:17 - Nov 22 with 1365 viewsmax936

New chairman stands down on 17:05 - Nov 22 by vetchonian

There have been lots of those on here who have insulted,critisced the Trust but I have not seen a rush of people willing to put themselves forward to change it.

We get what we deserve at times ....I guess we all got taken along with "just not another club" foolishly believing we could trust the Club board as like us they were fans,some of whom had been Trust memebrs. They had rescued us from that imposter Petty little did we know that they were just as bad.
Hindsight tells us following the killing of the Moores deal given the Trust's "intervention" we ahould have been more vigilant and aware of further potential sales.....but again I believe the Trust thought where it had succeeded once in stopping an "unfavourable" deal it would be able to so so once more....
Little did they think fellow fans would go behind their backs and even more so try to get them to agreeing to the non existence of a shareholder agreement!
What we need now is to close ranks and galvanise the troops and make the Trust strong again....But many just want to crow and continue to throw stones yet are not prepared themselves to step up to the plate.

They needed to be stronger in campaigning for the departure of the sellouts, also pushing us to vote for that ridiculous deal offered by the Yanks who are now trying to move the goalposts and yet there's some at the head of the trust that want to accept that, without putting it to another members vote.

Its been said many times that what the sellouts did should have been broadcast loud and long, there were plenty of us on here willing to stand outside the ground on match day/go round the pubs with Leaflets on what had gone on behind the Fans Trusts back why wasn't it done? never mind all this about wanting to build bridges, because bridges have not be built, that's obvious with the yanks now wanting to renegotiate the deal that they themselves put forward.

The mess was already born, I'm afraid.

There's lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and I mean all, myself included.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

New chairman stands down on 21:25 - Nov 22 with 1337 viewsjack247

Great post.
New chairman stands down on 21:29 - Nov 22 with 1323 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 21:17 - Nov 22 by max936

They needed to be stronger in campaigning for the departure of the sellouts, also pushing us to vote for that ridiculous deal offered by the Yanks who are now trying to move the goalposts and yet there's some at the head of the trust that want to accept that, without putting it to another members vote.

Its been said many times that what the sellouts did should have been broadcast loud and long, there were plenty of us on here willing to stand outside the ground on match day/go round the pubs with Leaflets on what had gone on behind the Fans Trusts back why wasn't it done? never mind all this about wanting to build bridges, because bridges have not be built, that's obvious with the yanks now wanting to renegotiate the deal that they themselves put forward.

There's lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and I mean all, myself included.

Max I have absolutely nothing against what you’ve said there you’ll never believe how much I agree with you.
The thing is if there’s a lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and you mean all why the fuçk are they keeping on about it?

Like ECB said above who’s stepping forward?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:29]

New chairman stands down on 21:32 - Nov 22 with 1297 viewsswanseajack4eva

Great post.
New chairman stands down on 21:43 - Nov 22 with 1249 viewslonglostjack

New chairman stands down on 19:42 - Nov 22 by Phil_S

Oh I’ll answer that

We got the amount , the very amount quoted in the consultations in the summer

Anyone who says we got anything different than the amount passed on (£5.17m) needs to check facts as I hold that piece of communication here

Who was that anyone who put that red herring into the mix?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

New chairman stands down on 21:46 - Nov 22 with 1236 viewsexiledclaseboy

New chairman stands down on 21:29 - Nov 22 by Darran

Max I have absolutely nothing against what you’ve said there you’ll never believe how much I agree with you.
The thing is if there’s a lot on here that have just about lost the guts for it all and you mean all why the fuçk are they keeping on about it?

Like ECB said above who’s stepping forward?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:29]

I didn’t say that I said anyone who leaves will need to be replaced. Not knowing who will replace the current incumbents is not a reason for keeping them on the board if they’re not suitable or eligible.

Poll: Tory leader

New chairman stands down on 21:52 - Nov 22 with 1180 viewsDarran

New chairman stands down on 21:46 - Nov 22 by exiledclaseboy

I didn’t say that I said anyone who leaves will need to be replaced. Not knowing who will replace the current incumbents is not a reason for keeping them on the board if they’re not suitable or eligible.

Well they are going to need to be replaced in some capacity and my point still stands that nobody seems to be stepping forward.

New chairman stands down on 21:53 - Nov 22 with 1177 viewslonglostjack

New chairman stands down on 21:17 - Nov 22 by max936

Great post.

"It’s 2017, mass communication is easier than it’s ever been yet Trust members get nothing."

I'd add to that the Trust should be finding ways to engage people who are prepared to contribute but don't live close to Swansea. Webinars would be a start. Not everybody can make it to the Landore Social Club on a regular basis - much as they'd love to.

Edit: Was a reply to ECB
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 21:55]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024