Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin extends contract till 2019 10:12 - Nov 23 with 13680 viewsmeeee

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/november/andrew_contract-extension_nov-2
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:38 - Nov 23 with 2268 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:30 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

We are conceedeing too many and not scoring enough. Not just Calvin’s fault at all. But do you honestly think he deserves a contract extension now, especially if that means it might prevent going for a better option? And NO I don’t believe strikers grow on trees, however, I am pretty sure there could well be better options out there, available.

So the club have a choice of either Calvin resigning OR we can go for someone in the loan market,that's some insight you've got,with regard to the timing again you dont have a clue regarding the exact details or maybe things promised to Calvin previously by the club.

If we had just won 3 on the spin nobody would have mentioned a thing about this...
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:39 - Nov 23 with 2268 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:31 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Don't need any more over reactive tossers constantly calling for the managers head or slagging the players off any time we lose,theres enough of them on here

But are they doing it at the games? I know of no public slagging off of Hill at games. Surely this is the right place for people to vent their frustrations, unhappiness, etc. It’s a place for people to offer their thoughts about Dale.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:41 - Nov 23 with 2256 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:39 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

But are they doing it at the games? I know of no public slagging off of Hill at games. Surely this is the right place for people to vent their frustrations, unhappiness, etc. It’s a place for people to offer their thoughts about Dale.

You tell me,id hazard a guess they aren't all a barrel of positivity during a game either judging by some of the bollox they post during matches especially on here during any minor setback
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:43 - Nov 23 with 2252 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:26 - Nov 23 by Dale23years

I agree but not to 2020!

I agree that it did seam a bit long. Who knows how he will be performing in a years time, let alone in 3 years. At least though with Hendo there’s a chance he will be playing well in the coming years, based on previous performances.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:51 - Nov 23 with 2227 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:38 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

So the club have a choice of either Calvin resigning OR we can go for someone in the loan market,that's some insight you've got,with regard to the timing again you dont have a clue regarding the exact details or maybe things promised to Calvin previously by the club.

If we had just won 3 on the spin nobody would have mentioned a thing about this...

How long did he have on his current contract? Enough time probably to have sourced another striker, who could turn out to be a better option. If we had been unable to find another striker, then yes his contract could have been extended, for six months or a year. But I honestly don’t believe he is worth being given a two year contract .

My view on him has nothing to do with the current form of the team, it’s my view that he has never npbeen good enough. I know of many, who think the same about him, even when we were chasing play offs.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:58 - Nov 23 with 2215 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:51 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

How long did he have on his current contract? Enough time probably to have sourced another striker, who could turn out to be a better option. If we had been unable to find another striker, then yes his contract could have been extended, for six months or a year. But I honestly don’t believe he is worth being given a two year contract .

My view on him has nothing to do with the current form of the team, it’s my view that he has never npbeen good enough. I know of many, who think the same about him, even when we were chasing play offs.

Don't remember you calling for him to be dropped while we were in good form though,point me to a couple of your previous post about him not being good enough?

It's easy to beat him when we're struggling,if he scores the winner on Saturday,all the fickle bunch will be singing his praises again....

As the Charlton fan pointed out "Calvin Andrew was absolutely superb",not bad for a player not good enough
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:08 - Nov 23 with 2190 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:51 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

He hasn't been given a two-year contract.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:12 - Nov 23 with 2186 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:08 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

He hasn't been given a two-year contract.

Sorry, extended until 2019.

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:14 - Nov 23 with 2181 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 17:44 - Nov 23 by JL_Dale

Good in the air defensively?

When?

Attacks the ball instead of marking his man and gives them a free header.

Isn't attacking the ball the bit that makes it good defending??!!?
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:16 - Nov 23 with 2178 viewsrochdale_ranger

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:31 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Don't need any more over reactive tossers constantly calling for the managers head or slagging the players off any time we lose,theres enough of them on here

Very angry man. Like Mark said there has been no booing at games and no anti Hill chants at games. We are playing bobbins at the moment and people are voicing their displeasure. Going to the game on a Saturday is somthing a person chooses to do rather then something they have to endure, if people are not happy then they can moan about what they are paying to see its upto them. Maybe your a little bit hyper sensitive to people critisising Hill and some of the squad.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:16 - Nov 23 with 2178 viewsfitzochris

I feel ashamed but, for the first time in a long time, I’m starting to greet Dale news with indifference. I guess that’s the disconnect that people are referring too. Or maybe I’m just getting old and have more to worry about in life.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:24 - Nov 23 with 2167 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 20:58 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Don't remember you calling for him to be dropped while we were in good form though,point me to a couple of your previous post about him not being good enough?

It's easy to beat him when we're struggling,if he scores the winner on Saturday,all the fickle bunch will be singing his praises again....

As the Charlton fan pointed out "Calvin Andrew was absolutely superb",not bad for a player not good enough

I am not going back looking for posts I may have posted. If he scores the winner and hattrick on Saturday, I will be extremely happy, but won’t change my opinion. And I for one are certainly not “beating “ him, just expressing my view about a player.
Maybe he was superb against, Charlton, doesn’t mean to say that those who don’t rate him, are wrong about him. People are expressing their views on him, football is all about opinions, and we all have the right to express those opinions, especially in a civilised way.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:35 - Nov 23 with 2135 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:16 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

Very angry man. Like Mark said there has been no booing at games and no anti Hill chants at games. We are playing bobbins at the moment and people are voicing their displeasure. Going to the game on a Saturday is somthing a person chooses to do rather then something they have to endure, if people are not happy then they can moan about what they are paying to see its upto them. Maybe your a little bit hyper sensitive to people critisising Hill and some of the squad.

Not angry in the slightest,it just illustrates how fickle some people are, as soon as something turns slightly sour it's now time to throw all the toys out the pram, and totally over react with calls for the managers head etc...

For what its worth I don't think we are playing bobbins at the moment,nowhere near as well as weve played previously granted and results definitely aren't good enough but give the guys a bit of slack it's def not through lack of effort.....
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:38 - Nov 23 with 2124 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:24 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

I am not going back looking for posts I may have posted. If he scores the winner and hattrick on Saturday, I will be extremely happy, but won’t change my opinion. And I for one are certainly not “beating “ him, just expressing my view about a player.
Maybe he was superb against, Charlton, doesn’t mean to say that those who don’t rate him, are wrong about him. People are expressing their views on him, football is all about opinions, and we all have the right to express those opinions, especially in a civilised way.

How many times have you watched him play this year to form your view that hes "not been good enough"? As any time I've seen him hes been far from our worst player on the pitch
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:58 - Nov 23 with 2085 viewsrochdale_ranger

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:35 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

Not angry in the slightest,it just illustrates how fickle some people are, as soon as something turns slightly sour it's now time to throw all the toys out the pram, and totally over react with calls for the managers head etc...

For what its worth I don't think we are playing bobbins at the moment,nowhere near as well as weve played previously granted and results definitely aren't good enough but give the guys a bit of slack it's def not through lack of effort.....

From what I gather it would seem from your posts on here that your not bothered if we go down as long as we keep Hill as you believe Hill to be the best thing for the club in terms of stability. Im of the position that remaining in League one is in the clubs best interest. I have said maybe look for someone new in Jan if things are still this dire. How does that make me an over reactive tosser?
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:10 - Nov 23 with 2054 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:58 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

From what I gather it would seem from your posts on here that your not bothered if we go down as long as we keep Hill as you believe Hill to be the best thing for the club in terms of stability. Im of the position that remaining in League one is in the clubs best interest. I have said maybe look for someone new in Jan if things are still this dire. How does that make me an over reactive tosser?

Hill's got a five-year contract. He will still be here even if things are 'still this dire' in January.

Presumably you weren't around when things were even more dire?

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 2051 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:38 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

How many times have you watched him play this year to form your view that hes "not been good enough"? As any time I've seen him hes been far from our worst player on the pitch

Don’t know, but have seen plenty of him in previous years, as well as hearing and reading other people’s views to form an opinion. People whose opinions I trust on the question of football.
We won’t change each other’s point of view on this, but p,ease just answer the following.

Please point out where I have accused him of being our worst player on the pitch.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:16 - Nov 23 with 2043 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 21:58 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

I would rather stay in league 1 for sure as I'm certain everyone connected to the club would also,but if the worst case scenario happens and we do get relegated you wouldn't find me crying in a corner,it's happened before and no doubt will again,it's football...

The comment about over reactive tosser wasnt a direct reply to you or aimed at you, more the usual suspects who even when we go a goal down after a couple of minutes are posting abuse at the team,manager,chairman etc and only post on this forum following a poor result,the same folk generally offer no balance to their views one bit.

To even consider looking for a new manager is a total over reaction too.....
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:17 - Nov 23 with 2036 viewsrochdale_ranger

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:10 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

Hill's got a five-year contract. He will still be here even if things are 'still this dire' in January.

Im 26 years old. I was at the hartlepool game when we took eighty odd fans up there and got beat and Parkin was sacked the day after. Does the Parkin era constitute dire times I don't know you tell me.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:19 - Nov 23 with 2021 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:17 - Nov 23 by rochdale_ranger

Im 26 years old. I was at the hartlepool game when we took eighty odd fans up there and got beat and Parkin was sacked the day after. Does the Parkin era constitute dire times I don't know you tell me.

I was there too.

Those days were manna compared to some that went before.

Struggling in League One isn't really 'dire', as such, but I suppose it's all relative.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:29 - Nov 23 with 2004 viewsnordenblue

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:14 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

Don’t know, but have seen plenty of him in previous years, as well as hearing and reading other people’s views to form an opinion. People whose opinions I trust on the question of football.
We won’t change each other’s point of view on this, but p,ease just answer the following.

Please point out where I have accused him of being our worst player on the pitch.

So you can't answer the question then for this season?the very season hes been offered a new contract yet you're willing to base your opinion on other peoples views and what you've read too,staggering.....

You've made the statement saying hes not good enough,I've backed my view with an opinion based on personally watching him live and the whole package he brings not just his lack of goals that I've read about somewhere.

I'd be a tad more inclined to follow Hills judgement than yours to be honest too,im sure hes not just asked his mates and read a couple of articles if they think Calvin's good enough before chucking a contract at him..
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:31 - Nov 23 with 1995 viewsdalenumber2

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:10 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

I don't get all this reminiscing to when we were 'even more dire' ( I was a season ticket holder then too) and I don't buy the argument that because we used to be so bad at one time, we should be grateful for our current position.
I am saddened to see all this squabbling, but people are disaffected at the moment for good reasons. It's hardly surprising that people are p***ed off when they've spent £20 to watch us outperformed by a not-too brilliant looking Oldham side. I felt gutted leaving Boundary Park because I didn't feel like individual players were playing their best, or maybe the formation or mindset was wrong. Or a combination of any of these factors. I just feel we should be doing better with the players we have. I don't know what's wrong, and that's for Keith Hill to determine. Let's hope he can put things right before it's too late.
Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 1971 views1mark1

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:29 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

So you can't answer the question then for this season?the very season hes been offered a new contract yet you're willing to base your opinion on other peoples views and what you've read too,staggering.....

You've made the statement saying hes not good enough,I've backed my view with an opinion based on personally watching him live and the whole package he brings not just his lack of goals that I've read about somewhere.

I'd be a tad more inclined to follow Hills judgement than yours to be honest too,im sure hes not just asked his mates and read a couple of articles if they think Calvin's good enough before chucking a contract at him..

Previous to this season I have seen enough of him to formulate my own opinion of him. Now if he has improved this season then , maybe I am wrong, but no one seams to indicate that he has improved.

I know Hill rates him, as do many Dale fans. Some Dale fans don’t rate him, but like you say Hill’s decision is what counts as far as buying, obtaining players and the issuing of contracts.

I have answered your questions, unlike you of mine. Until you answer my question, I can no longer be bothered answering what you ask of me. And just to reiterate, you are not going to be able to change my view of Calvin, nor me of your view.

Another thing, TVOS will probably be correcting you regarding Calvin’s contract. Or maybe not. 😀
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 22:44]

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:43 - Nov 23 with 1965 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:31 - Nov 23 by dalenumber2

I don't get all this reminiscing to when we were 'even more dire' ( I was a season ticket holder then too) and I don't buy the argument that because we used to be so bad at one time, we should be grateful for our current position.
I am saddened to see all this squabbling, but people are disaffected at the moment for good reasons. It's hardly surprising that people are p***ed off when they've spent £20 to watch us outperformed by a not-too brilliant looking Oldham side. I felt gutted leaving Boundary Park because I didn't feel like individual players were playing their best, or maybe the formation or mindset was wrong. Or a combination of any of these factors. I just feel we should be doing better with the players we have. I don't know what's wrong, and that's for Keith Hill to determine. Let's hope he can put things right before it's too late.

I haven't said we should be grateful for our current position; you've misinterpreted my post.

My point is that things could be a whole lot worse from a footballing perspective. Take a look at the likes of Darlington, York, Stockport, for example.

Using adjectives such as 'dire' to describe our current form and results and intimating we should change the manager is a bit OTT, in my opinion, when compared to times when things have been really dire and managers really did need changing.

Like I said, it's all about perspective and things being relative. Maybe some fans are more hardened for the fight and less inclined to over-react because they have been honed on years of true 'direness'.

I agree with you, though, in that we should be doing better.

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:44 - Nov 23 with 1961 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin extends contract till 2019 on 22:40 - Nov 23 by 1mark1

Previous to this season I have seen enough of him to formulate my own opinion of him. Now if he has improved this season then , maybe I am wrong, but no one seams to indicate that he has improved.

I know Hill rates him, as do many Dale fans. Some Dale fans don’t rate him, but like you say Hill’s decision is what counts as far as buying, obtaining players and the issuing of contracts.

I have answered your questions, unlike you of mine. Until you answer my question, I can no longer be bothered answering what you ask of me. And just to reiterate, you are not going to be able to change my view of Calvin, nor me of your view.

Another thing, TVOS will probably be correcting you regarding Calvin’s contract. Or maybe not. 😀
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 22:44]

You said he'd been given a two-year contract, which he hadn't. nordenblue hasn't even mentioned that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024