Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FITNESS 12:03 - Dec 27 with 3797 viewssouthealingdale

Is there a question over fitness?
Looking at the stats here - http://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&stats=18-Rochdale then note the amount of goals conceded at end of each half (especially away from home).

Poor use of subs perhaps too.

@upthedale on Twitter

FITNESS on 12:04 - Dec 27 with 3792 viewsmacro

An issue in the last 15 minutes of both halves
FITNESS on 12:41 - Dec 27 with 3718 viewsVivaDonaldo

FITNESS on 12:04 - Dec 27 by macro

An issue in the last 15 minutes of both halves

I think there comes a point where it is less about physical fitness and more about mental toughness.

From watching our games I don't see too much tiredness in the legs at the end of games but increasingly I feel, even when we're leading late on, that when the opposition inevitably throw everything at us the overriding mentality is "here we go again".

I would draft a sports psychologist in on a short term contract/ Consultancy basis and see if they can have a positive effect.

I genuinely believe we have all the component parts here to get ourselves out of this mess without having to resort to panic buys and clearance sales of players.
FITNESS on 13:00 - Dec 27 with 3684 viewsD_Alien

FITNESS on 12:41 - Dec 27 by VivaDonaldo

I think there comes a point where it is less about physical fitness and more about mental toughness.

From watching our games I don't see too much tiredness in the legs at the end of games but increasingly I feel, even when we're leading late on, that when the opposition inevitably throw everything at us the overriding mentality is "here we go again".

I would draft a sports psychologist in on a short term contract/ Consultancy basis and see if they can have a positive effect.

I genuinely believe we have all the component parts here to get ourselves out of this mess without having to resort to panic buys and clearance sales of players.

I agree with your last point; maybe some fine tuning on and off the pitch is required, but nothing major. We certainly need more leadership during games and Keane would do for me

I can't see Hilly allowing his managerial prowess to take what he'd probably see as a knock by taking on a sports psychologist, although I suspect the players have heard what he's got to say (which has been amazingly effective for a very long time) perhaps too many times for it to have as much impact as when it was fresh

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FITNESS on 15:53 - Dec 27 with 3543 viewsMoonyDale

FITNESS on 13:00 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

I agree with your last point; maybe some fine tuning on and off the pitch is required, but nothing major. We certainly need more leadership during games and Keane would do for me

I can't see Hilly allowing his managerial prowess to take what he'd probably see as a knock by taking on a sports psychologist, although I suspect the players have heard what he's got to say (which has been amazingly effective for a very long time) perhaps too many times for it to have as much impact as when it was fresh

Not saying that he's lost the changing room but in the past Hills players have run through brick walls for him, are they still of the same mind? I think not.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

FITNESS on 17:07 - Dec 27 with 3459 viewsRAFCBLUE

FITNESS on 13:00 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

Hill's managerial prowess will take a knock if at the end of May he has a relegation on his CV!

He got away with it at Barnsley in that the Flitcroft revival the year he was sacked means he can say currently "never relegated"

I'm puzzled as to what has taken him so long a such a successful manager to try and fix it. He's said the last few years that it's all about being judged by results and I can't help think that he'd be hurting most by the current league position. He's a proud guy.

I think that the more leadership during games point is a valid one. If I ranked our playing squad with who I think has the most on-field leadership I get something like:

1) Keane
2) McGahey
3) Rafferty
4) Andrew
5) Davies
6) Done
7) Henderson
8) Camps
9) Thompson
10) The rest

It reaches a stage where the best thing we can do to play our strongest team, playing a simple 4-4-2 would look like:

Lillis,
Rafferty Daniels McGahey Done
Henderson, Camps, Keane, Thompson
Andrew, Davies

What that selection does expose is the fact that behind it there is not much backup.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

FITNESS on 07:46 - Dec 29 with 3114 viewsIknoweverything

FITNESS on 17:07 - Dec 27 by RAFCBLUE

Hill's managerial prowess will take a knock if at the end of May he has a relegation on his CV!

He got away with it at Barnsley in that the Flitcroft revival the year he was sacked means he can say currently "never relegated"

I'm puzzled as to what has taken him so long a such a successful manager to try and fix it. He's said the last few years that it's all about being judged by results and I can't help think that he'd be hurting most by the current league position. He's a proud guy.

I think that the more leadership during games point is a valid one. If I ranked our playing squad with who I think has the most on-field leadership I get something like:

1) Keane
2) McGahey
3) Rafferty
4) Andrew
5) Davies
6) Done
7) Henderson
8) Camps
9) Thompson
10) The rest

It reaches a stage where the best thing we can do to play our strongest team, playing a simple 4-4-2 would look like:

Lillis,
Rafferty Daniels McGahey Done
Henderson, Camps, Keane, Thompson
Andrew, Davies

What that selection does expose is the fact that behind it there is not much backup.

How many times have you seen us play this season to come up with that theory?
FITNESS on 15:49 - Dec 29 with 2973 views1mark1

FITNESS on 07:46 - Dec 29 by Iknoweverything

How many times have you seen us play this season to come up with that theory?

But YOU know everything, so you say, so why ask?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

FITNESS on 15:57 - Dec 29 with 2957 viewsIknoweverything

FITNESS on 15:49 - Dec 29 by 1mark1

But YOU know everything, so you say, so why ask?

One thing I don’t know is when we’ll see you attend another fookin’ Dale game.
Login to get fewer ads

FITNESS on 16:27 - Dec 29 with 2913 views1mark1

FITNESS on 15:57 - Dec 29 by Iknoweverything

One thing I don’t know is when we’ll see you attend another fookin’ Dale game.

When I do attend, it will be none of YOUR fooking business, so I won’t be informing YOU, and even if I do attend, there would be no guarantee that you will be there. I will be at the next Dale game I am able to attend.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 16:42]

FITNESS on 18:13 - Dec 29 with 2843 viewsIknoweverything

FITNESS on 16:27 - Dec 29 by 1mark1

When I do attend, it will be none of YOUR fooking business, so I won’t be informing YOU, and even if I do attend, there would be no guarantee that you will be there. I will be at the next Dale game I am able to attend.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 16:42]

[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 18:16]
FITNESS on 18:26 - Dec 29 with 2823 views1mark1

FITNESS on 18:13 - Dec 29 by Iknoweverything

[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 18:16]

Yes tvvats like you do get on my nerves. Thinking you have a right to comment on my and other Dale fans on this message boards attendance at matches. Not really contributing to threads, just sniping at others’ posts. Quite simply I am not, answerable to you, or indeed anyone other than my family, as to how much football I see, so keep your nose out of my business. In other words, MIND YOUR FOOKING BUISNESS!

FITNESS on 18:30 - Dec 29 with 2807 viewsIknoweverything

FITNESS on 18:26 - Dec 29 by 1mark1

Yes tvvats like you do get on my nerves. Thinking you have a right to comment on my and other Dale fans on this message boards attendance at matches. Not really contributing to threads, just sniping at others’ posts. Quite simply I am not, answerable to you, or indeed anyone other than my family, as to how much football I see, so keep your nose out of my business. In other words, MIND YOUR FOOKING BUISNESS!

So we’ll see you tonight then?
FITNESS on 18:49 - Dec 29 with 2781 views1mark1

FITNESS on 18:30 - Dec 29 by Iknoweverything

So we’ll see you tonight then?

Amazing to think that IF you are at Doncaster or on your way there that you haven’t anything better to do than post on here.

FITNESS on 19:23 - Dec 29 with 2747 viewsIknoweverything

FITNESS on 18:49 - Dec 29 by 1mark1

Amazing to think that IF you are at Doncaster or on your way there that you haven’t anything better to do than post on here.

It’s a bit of a journey if you’re a passenger.

I’ll look forward to your blind opinion at full-time.
FITNESS on 19:50 - Dec 29 with 2718 views1mark1

FITNESS on 19:23 - Dec 29 by Iknoweverything

It’s a bit of a journey if you’re a passenger.

I’ll look forward to your blind opinion at full-time.

Yes it is IF you are a passenger, and are going there. Been there plenty of times over the years, nice enough journey.

As usual, I won’t be offering any opinions on the performances of the team, or individual players, but may well well offer an opinion on the scoreline or result.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024