Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In defence of Huw Jenkins 21:35 - Dec 27 with 9518 viewschessgenius

After reading the critics of Huw Jenkins on this forum I feel we need a reality check. I feel that the situation we have found ourselves in is due to the excessive money we are paying players to play for us as our location is perhaps less glamorous than maybe a London or big city club like Liverpool or Manchester.

The board must ensure at all costs that the books are balanced at the end of the day to ensure professional football continues in a Swansea. To this end, Huw Jenkins and the board should be applauded for the way that they have managed the finances over the last ten or so years.

It seems clear to me that gates of 20000 or so are not enough to maintain a Premier League club unless a multi millionaire is prepared to bankroll the club like Bournemouth.

This is why the board were so keen to increase capacity and maybe are looking at renam8ng rights for the stadium together with increased commercial opportunities.

The only black mark I can see is the amount of investment the American owners are making. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Regarding our current position, I fear that the team need a root and branch clear out of the deadwood as team performances are at times gutless. This can only be achieved with a new manager supported by Leon Britton and Alan Curtis to revert to our Swanselona style.

To this end our recruitment needs to be much better attracting players who are comfortable on the ball, with pace up front and a solid defence with a solid midfield.

To achieve this though, we may need to go down and come back up again.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:41 - Dec 27 with 5113 viewsAl_Bundy

Yes lets just forget how much we are wasting year on year on poor signings

Lets forget why the Americans are really here.

Lets forget why HJ and his cronies have made out of the club for personal gain.

Lets forget we play in the Premier League.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 21:43]
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:41 - Dec 27 with 5101 viewsTheFranchise

So you try to defend him then list failings he's directly responsible for. Don't ever become an agent.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:43 - Dec 27 with 5069 viewsjeza739

This must be a wind up or posted by that big nosed..... himself
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:43 - Dec 27 with 5054 viewsBanosswan

Lol, even your fake posts are slipping Huw.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:46 - Dec 27 with 5016 viewsjacksfullaces

increased capacity .. that ship sailed about 4 years ago.

12,000 in the Championship, no increase needed.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:46 - Dec 27 with 5014 viewsSwanseajill

And there was I thinking we were one of the few premiership clubs balancing our books before we were sold to the first hedge fund that came along.

No defence...sorry.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:46 - Dec 27 with 5012 viewsmonmouth

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:41 - Dec 27 by TheFranchise

So you try to defend him then list failings he's directly responsible for. Don't ever become an agent.

Aye, I was thinking that there was nothing there in defence of the rapacious dissembling egomaniac lump of toley.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:47 - Dec 27 with 5001 viewsYossarian

Chessgenus

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:47 - Dec 27 with 5001 viewsTheFranchise

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:46 - Dec 27 by Swanseajill

And there was I thinking we were one of the few premiership clubs balancing our books before we were sold to the first hedge fund that came along.

No defence...sorry.

Sadly I think a lot of that was creative accounting.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:48 - Dec 27 with 4977 viewsPrivate_Partz

So It is a black mark for the Yanks due to lack of investment. Who sold the club to them ....Jenkins.
The team are poor and gutless. Who recruited them..... Jenkins.
The finances have been managed well over the last 10 years. You may have had a point for the first 5 years of that period but it is nonsense to suggest we have been run well finacially for the last five years. Poor managers appointed and decent managers sacked resulting in oodles of compensation having to be paid. Guess who is responsible for that?.....go on I will tell you....it is Jenkins.
I won't pick up on the disgraceful selling of the club behind the supporter's backs as that would be off topic as you did not mention it.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 21:50]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:49 - Dec 27 with 4966 viewsTheFranchise

As for the stadium I have it on very good authority from someone on the council planning team that there was a deal in place 2 years ago to sort the lease out and increase capacity then the club moved the goalposts.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:50 - Dec 27 with 4955 viewsOnelessstar

Who, ultimately, was responsible for signing the majority of the "gutless" team and the merry-go-round of managers? Who went behind the back of other shareholders to sell the team? Who wouldn't find the $$ to sign Joe Allen but found the $$ to sign Clucas (no offense to him... doing his best). For all the good he has done this club, his time of being effective in his role appears to be done. No defence needed, he did great before... now he doesn't. I'd love a change.

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:52 - Dec 27 with 4918 viewschessgenius

This is not a wind up and I am not Huw Jenkins or speak on his behalf. Huw Jenkins is not head of recruitment he relies on his head of recruitment to recruit players the club need. I suspect that Paul Clement had major input in bringing Sanchez and Abraham to Swansea. While Tammy has tried hard he cannot be first choice striker at his young age. Sanchez has been a disaster. I suspect that recruitment decided that Wilfred Bony was worth a try as Wilf is desperate to prove how good a striker he is. However, due to his lack of match practice and injury problems the team are missing out.

At the end of the day, recruitment can try try and sign anyone they feel can help the team but if the player does not want to join what can we do? This I feel is only going to get worse in January
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 4903 viewsNeath_Jack

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:49 - Dec 27 by TheFranchise

As for the stadium I have it on very good authority from someone on the council planning team that there was a deal in place 2 years ago to sort the lease out and increase capacity then the club moved the goalposts.

And i can tell you with good authority that the yanks have very recently appointed the architects to get the design done and engage contractors. They are going ahead with the expansion.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 4899 viewsYossarian

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:49 - Dec 27 by TheFranchise

There must be NO SALE - a ready mad3 campaign for the Supporters Alliance- anything else is tokenism but that might achieve something beneficial.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 4894 viewsAguycalledJack

Op you really are a t,w,a,t
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 4892 viewsPrivate_Partz

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:43 - Dec 27 by jeza739

This must be a wind up or posted by that big nosed..... himself

Well the OP has done a few other posts over the years so he maybe be airing a genuine, if very naive, opinion. He buys into the last programme notes by our DOF obviously.
Keep the replies clean though guys. Remember Big Brother is watching.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:54 - Dec 27 with 4890 viewsjasper_T

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:52 - Dec 27 by chessgenius

This is not a wind up and I am not Huw Jenkins or speak on his behalf. Huw Jenkins is not head of recruitment he relies on his head of recruitment to recruit players the club need. I suspect that Paul Clement had major input in bringing Sanchez and Abraham to Swansea. While Tammy has tried hard he cannot be first choice striker at his young age. Sanchez has been a disaster. I suspect that recruitment decided that Wilfred Bony was worth a try as Wilf is desperate to prove how good a striker he is. However, due to his lack of match practice and injury problems the team are missing out.

At the end of the day, recruitment can try try and sign anyone they feel can help the team but if the player does not want to join what can we do? This I feel is only going to get worse in January

Abraham was a Brian Flynn recommendation.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:56 - Dec 27 with 4844 viewsmax936

And this folks is the problem we've got, there are still far far to many who love Uncle Huw and still believe he's done a wonderful job ffs, None are so blind as those that can't see.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:58 - Dec 27 with 4816 views1462jack

Bell end
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 22:00 - Dec 27 with 4782 viewsPrivate_Partz

Signing young loanees is only a disaster as we trying to use them to replace the family silver. Guess who did that..... Jenkins.
There is a recruitment team but Jenkins is at the Head of that. Guess who appointed them....Jenkins.
I take your point about the January window. It is going to be very difficult to recruit players and a new manager. Who would want to come to such a basket case of a club. Guess who has turned the club into a joke.....need I go on.

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 22:00 - Dec 27 with 4777 viewsbermudajack

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:48 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

So It is a black mark for the Yanks due to lack of investment. Who sold the club to them ....Jenkins.
The team are poor and gutless. Who recruited them..... Jenkins.
The finances have been managed well over the last 10 years. You may have had a point for the first 5 years of that period but it is nonsense to suggest we have been run well finacially for the last five years. Poor managers appointed and decent managers sacked resulting in oodles of compensation having to be paid. Guess who is responsible for that?.....go on I will tell you....it is Jenkins.
I won't pick up on the disgraceful selling of the club behind the supporter's backs as that would be off topic as you did not mention it.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 21:50]

You call this a reality check???
This is slightly more dreamland rather than a reality check...
Terrific job for over 10 years, however sold us to a US based hedge fund with no investment, poor players, paying players too much, poor player recruitment team, need to go down to come back up again...

Ask Leeds, Blackburn, Wigan, Forest, Derby, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, fans et al that coming straight back up is an easy task?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 22:01 - Dec 27 with 4762 viewsTheFranchise

"Head of recruitment"

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 22:03 - Dec 27 with 4741 viewsAl_Bundy

So delaying the transfer of Siggy until the final days of the window was for what reason?
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 22:04 - Dec 27 with 4717 viewsmax936

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 21:53 - Dec 27 by Neath_Jack

And i can tell you with good authority that the yanks have very recently appointed the architects to get the design done and engage contractors. They are going ahead with the expansion.

What the fuk for, the team needs major investment not ground improvements, people on here are moaning about the Osprey crowd rattling around in an empty stadium, we'll have maybe 14, 15,000 next season, wft is the point of extending also where the fuk is the money coming from to pay for it?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024