Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In defence of Huw Jenkins 21:35 - Dec 27 with 9522 viewschessgenius

After reading the critics of Huw Jenkins on this forum I feel we need a reality check. I feel that the situation we have found ourselves in is due to the excessive money we are paying players to play for us as our location is perhaps less glamorous than maybe a London or big city club like Liverpool or Manchester.

The board must ensure at all costs that the books are balanced at the end of the day to ensure professional football continues in a Swansea. To this end, Huw Jenkins and the board should be applauded for the way that they have managed the finances over the last ten or so years.

It seems clear to me that gates of 20000 or so are not enough to maintain a Premier League club unless a multi millionaire is prepared to bankroll the club like Bournemouth.

This is why the board were so keen to increase capacity and maybe are looking at renam8ng rights for the stadium together with increased commercial opportunities.

The only black mark I can see is the amount of investment the American owners are making. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Regarding our current position, I fear that the team need a root and branch clear out of the deadwood as team performances are at times gutless. This can only be achieved with a new manager supported by Leon Britton and Alan Curtis to revert to our Swanselona style.

To this end our recruitment needs to be much better attracting players who are comfortable on the ball, with pace up front and a solid defence with a solid midfield.

To achieve this though, we may need to go down and come back up again.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 09:47 - Dec 28 with 2261 viewsjacktheripper

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 09:42 - Dec 28 by Nookiejack

So what exactly does he do if he isn’t ultimately responsible for recruitment?

Pearlman runs the Operations - so what does Huw Jenkins actually do - if Clement brought in Abraham and Sanches.

There is therefore no need for him.

He earns £500k a year - yes £500k a year and probably a bonus equivalent to that for each season we stayed up in the PL.

If he is not accountable for player recruitment what does he do?

Make the tea for £500k a year plus bonuses?

I'm sure I read on a previous thread that HJ has the final say on all transfer dealings. That came from an ex Trust board member I believe. Maybe someone can confirm
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 10:00 - Dec 28 with 2226 viewswhoflungdung

Fair enough .He s chairman

That s the issue, he shouldn't be

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 10:04 - Dec 28 with 2217 viewsQJumpingJack

Does Jenkins report into Pearlman?
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 10:17 - Dec 28 with 2181 viewsOldjack

-29 and rising suggest to me Treacherous Huw &co are no more than gold digging bastards who'd stab you in the back
Ps the op is a div aswell

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 10:20 - Dec 28 with 2172 viewsPrivate_Partz

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 09:47 - Dec 28 by jacktheripper

I'm sure I read on a previous thread that HJ has the final say on all transfer dealings. That came from an ex Trust board member I believe. Maybe someone can confirm

Not only the final say but he handles the negotiations as well. He also decides on managers. Although I suspect he just kept schtum over Blobby to maintain is salary.
The result is we have Dithering and Invompetence to an Olympic standard
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 10:21]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 10:50 - Dec 28 with 2132 viewssomersetsimon

"Speculate to accumulate"?
The new owners were never going to put additional money into the club. They'd never get a return. If they put in £20m of their own cash, we'd have to win the Premier League to make that back!
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 10:57 - Dec 28 with 2121 viewslonglostjack

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 08:46 - Dec 28 by Neath_Jack

It's my business to know it.

I'm not in the slightest bothered if you think it's bollocks my friend, i hope that they see how ridiculous the plan is and go no further with it. But in the last month, the wheels have been set in motion.

I'm sure the Trust will have been consulted on it, and will confirm what i've said. If they haven't been told, then they need to make it their business to find out about it.

If that's the case and I've no reason to doubt you, I wonder what "consultancy" fees have been shelled out so far, and to who? Hope LLisa has full accees to the management accounts.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:03 - Dec 28 with 2114 viewssomersetsimon

It's true that we should be thankful to Huw and the others for saving the club and getting to the Premier League and I don't begrudge them taking their profit and walking away.
Like any business, there's a difference between an enthusiastic amateur getting something started, creating a successful product and in running a £100m business. There is no shame in admitting you are out of your depth and selling on to someone more knowledgeable and experienced.

The problem is that Huw didn't walk off into the sunset with his head held high. He sold to a group of people who appear equally clueless at running a PL football team and, instead of insisting they appoint an experienced chairman and director of football, carried on doing the job himself.
Login to get fewer ads

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:10 - Dec 28 with 2095 viewsdobjack2

There is no acceptable defence of Huw Jenkins.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:10 - Dec 28 with 2095 viewsOldjack

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:03 - Dec 28 by somersetsimon

It's true that we should be thankful to Huw and the others for saving the club and getting to the Premier League and I don't begrudge them taking their profit and walking away.
Like any business, there's a difference between an enthusiastic amateur getting something started, creating a successful product and in running a £100m business. There is no shame in admitting you are out of your depth and selling on to someone more knowledgeable and experienced.

The problem is that Huw didn't walk off into the sunset with his head held high. He sold to a group of people who appear equally clueless at running a PL football team and, instead of insisting they appoint an experienced chairman and director of football, carried on doing the job himself.

And all done behind the fans back ,warra a kant

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:15 - Dec 28 with 2083 viewsQJumpingJack

Why doesn't Huw use the Spurs game to explain why the Trust were excluded from the sale and perhaps offer an official apology. It would be a start.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:17 - Dec 28 with 2081 viewsvetchonian

Not even Perry Mason could defend him!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:20 - Dec 28 with 2069 viewsdobjack2

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:03 - Dec 28 by somersetsimon

Darth Vader started off as one of the good guys.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 11:39 - Dec 28 with 2035 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The OP is deluded at best.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

In defence of Huw Jenkins on 13:50 - Dec 28 with 1988 viewsNookiejack

What added value has Jenkins added for £500k a year. Any one of us could have done his job just as well for £500k a year.

It would really be difficult to have done a worse job over the last few seasons.

Yet he has kept banking £500k a season plus bonuses.

Bony has been crocked last few seasons and so that must have been Jenkins signing (given Jenkins supporters keep saying Abrahams and Sanches were Clements signings.

Jenkins therefore signs a crocked Bony and Clucas - anybody on Planetswans could do a better job than Jenkins and get paid £500k a year - what an absolute joke.
In defence of Huw Jenkins on 18:23 - Dec 28 with 1916 viewsawayjack

Stick to chess pal because football clearly is not your bag.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024