Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dale.... 10:20 - Feb 23 with 3655 viewschalkyncfc

Hadn't been on such a good cup run,do you think that Kieth would have got the sack by now?
I can't help feeling that the FA Cup has saved his skin,I know that he's well liked by the majority of fans but when do club owners take notice of the supporters
If Dale.... on 10:27 - Feb 23 with 3630 viewsSuddenLad

He has more than a few credits in the bank, and has earned the right to a bit of leeway. We haven't become a bad side and the players still want to play for him. Camaraderie and spirit within the squad is high.

Even if we see League Two next season, he'll be at the helm.

As it happens, I think we will still be in League One. Time will tell.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

If Dale.... on 10:28 - Feb 23 with 3628 viewsMoonyDale

Some of the fans say he's untouchable as far as the sack goes, with a 5 year contract one could argue that they are right. Add that to what he has done and will probably do again I would say that there is zero possibility that he will be shown the door, even without the finances from the cup. If we go down which is looking very likely and the same happened in league 2 then things may change. You wouldn't back against him bringing us right back up though.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

If Dale.... on 10:45 - Feb 23 with 3585 viewsScunnydale

It's just my opinion, but I think we'd be mad to get rid of him (even without the cup run). Yes, this season has been disappointing, league-wise, especially after coming so close to the play-offs last time. If we're relegated, which is looking increasingly likely, the best person to get us back up is the only guy to have done it in 40 years. And he's done it twice.

Oh, and Chalky, it's Keith...
If Dale.... on 10:53 - Feb 23 with 3554 viewschalkyncfc

If Dale.... on 10:45 - Feb 23 by Scunnydale

It's just my opinion, but I think we'd be mad to get rid of him (even without the cup run). Yes, this season has been disappointing, league-wise, especially after coming so close to the play-offs last time. If we're relegated, which is looking increasingly likely, the best person to get us back up is the only guy to have done it in 40 years. And he's done it twice.

Oh, and Chalky, it's Keith...

Aye I know,it was tongue in cheek
If Dale.... on 10:54 - Feb 23 with 3552 viewsBendy

No I don’t, and it’s not just the financial side of things after his new contract to consider

The performances in general haven’t been that poor (although there have been some shockers), and we’ve chucked away about 30pts already this season from winning positions. Our issue has been generally consistent defensive mistakes and a touch less impetus going forward in attack.

We’ve over achieved recently and so there was likely to be a year where it dropped off. Losing three of our best midfielders in the summer/August didn’t help plus Keane being out all season has dented the defensive impact - our leaky defence was shored up last season as soon as he arrived. Even Davies being out for most of the season has stunted our chances.

The team is generally young and so will make game costing mistakes. But their long term reward is experience and investment in them, and arguably in some ways would end up better for the experience of relegation (although hopefully not) and will either help them kick on or will show them not to be of a suitable mentality. And when all is said and done if Dale were to go down then there probably isn’t a better manager we could have to lead us in L2. Add to that it probably allows more opportunity for even more of our younger players to get game time and develop further.

On the other side, I think Hill has been a bit short in the transfers this season. I’d put his dealings usually at about 50% whether they are a success or failure (and normally it’s one extreme or the other). This season has been well off that - most of the incomming players have entered up being sub-par, with a few average. So he’s not helped himself to succeed in this regard and whilst respecting his opinions and not knowing what players are available on his budget and compatibility with the squad his transfers at times have looked to focus on the wrong positions, especially in the summer.

I don’t think you can sack him for one bad season when he’s brought the club about 7 exceptional ones. If it became two, then maybe it becomes different. But he’s earned his season of underperformance. And that’s if you can call it underperformance when our budget is probably still in the lower half of League 2.
If Dale.... on 11:56 - Feb 23 with 3412 viewsrochdaleriddler

If Dale.... on 10:54 - Feb 23 by Bendy

No I don’t, and it’s not just the financial side of things after his new contract to consider

The performances in general haven’t been that poor (although there have been some shockers), and we’ve chucked away about 30pts already this season from winning positions. Our issue has been generally consistent defensive mistakes and a touch less impetus going forward in attack.

We’ve over achieved recently and so there was likely to be a year where it dropped off. Losing three of our best midfielders in the summer/August didn’t help plus Keane being out all season has dented the defensive impact - our leaky defence was shored up last season as soon as he arrived. Even Davies being out for most of the season has stunted our chances.

The team is generally young and so will make game costing mistakes. But their long term reward is experience and investment in them, and arguably in some ways would end up better for the experience of relegation (although hopefully not) and will either help them kick on or will show them not to be of a suitable mentality. And when all is said and done if Dale were to go down then there probably isn’t a better manager we could have to lead us in L2. Add to that it probably allows more opportunity for even more of our younger players to get game time and develop further.

On the other side, I think Hill has been a bit short in the transfers this season. I’d put his dealings usually at about 50% whether they are a success or failure (and normally it’s one extreme or the other). This season has been well off that - most of the incomming players have entered up being sub-par, with a few average. So he’s not helped himself to succeed in this regard and whilst respecting his opinions and not knowing what players are available on his budget and compatibility with the squad his transfers at times have looked to focus on the wrong positions, especially in the summer.

I don’t think you can sack him for one bad season when he’s brought the club about 7 exceptional ones. If it became two, then maybe it becomes different. But he’s earned his season of underperformance. And that’s if you can call it underperformance when our budget is probably still in the lower half of League 2.

He knew Mendez Laing was going last April , and there was early interest in Allen. He said he was happy with his budget and the players. Even the board talked of promotion, I accept he's has performed miracles, but people in any job are judged on current performance, as they should be. This season has been poor by any standard.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

If Dale.... on 12:41 - Feb 23 with 3296 viewsD_Alien

If Dale.... on 11:56 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

He knew Mendez Laing was going last April , and there was early interest in Allen. He said he was happy with his budget and the players. Even the board talked of promotion, I accept he's has performed miracles, but people in any job are judged on current performance, as they should be. This season has been poor by any standard.

Judged on current performance, Dale are still punching above their weight in real terms, and have just achieved a complete transformation in the way the football world looks at us, less than a week ago. That's pretty current, and down to one man, Keith Hill

His position is simply not on the agenda

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If Dale.... on 12:42 - Feb 23 with 3294 viewsSuddenLad

If Dale.... on 11:56 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

But he is also entitled to have his entire managerial record at Dale, taken into account when considering whether action is necessary.

10 seasons, only 1 disappointment. 2 promotions, successive improvement, year on year, until the current season. Some excellent players developed, some massive fees received for the fruits of his work.

Everyone who watches Dale knows that we have under-performed this season. Keith Hill would be the first to admit and accept that.

Any talk of getting rid of the manager is ridiculous. There is much more to come from these players and this team. He is the architect of the years of our recent successes and deserves the opportunity to restore our fortunes.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

If Dale.... on 12:51 - Feb 23 with 3252 viewsDaleFan7

Not sure why the defence keeps getting the blame. We've conceded less goals in the league than any of the other bottom half teams. We've scored 29 goals in 29 games which means on average we have to keep a clean sheet to win. The attack is the problem, making Henderson drop deep, playing one striker, who okay, works hard to win headers etc but in all honesty couldn't hit a barn door. Our midfield in the main hasn't been creative enough either. Odd tactics and substitutions from the manager. All more reasons why we are where we are rather than the defence.

With his 5 year contract, unless the football club's league status was at risk or he decided to go himself then Hill will be going nowhere.
If Dale.... on 12:52 - Feb 23 with 3248 viewsTVOS1907

If Dale.... on 12:42 - Feb 23 by SuddenLad

But he is also entitled to have his entire managerial record at Dale, taken into account when considering whether action is necessary.

10 seasons, only 1 disappointment. 2 promotions, successive improvement, year on year, until the current season. Some excellent players developed, some massive fees received for the fruits of his work.

Everyone who watches Dale knows that we have under-performed this season. Keith Hill would be the first to admit and accept that.

Any talk of getting rid of the manager is ridiculous. There is much more to come from these players and this team. He is the architect of the years of our recent successes and deserves the opportunity to restore our fortunes.

Agree with all of that, although I can’t recall too much acceptance from him of us under-performing. Thinking Tuesday night was a good point, for example.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If Dale.... on 13:04 - Feb 23 with 3179 viewsjudd

If Dale.... on 12:52 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

Agree with all of that, although I can’t recall too much acceptance from him of us under-performing. Thinking Tuesday night was a good point, for example.

What did we do on Tuesday night?

Poll: What is it to be then?

If Dale.... on 13:20 - Feb 23 with 3137 viewsdingdangblue

If Dale.... on 13:04 - Feb 23 by judd

Maybe he's a Preston fan?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

If Dale.... on 14:15 - Feb 23 with 3000 viewsTVOS1907

I had a bath.

Wednesday, obv.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If Dale.... on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 2944 viewsDaleiLama

I was out for a pint with Calvin

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

If Dale.... on 16:33 - Feb 23 with 2761 viewsCleedale

Can't find the link but here's Keith's recent BBC interview - well, around the time of the Millwall FA Cup match. Thanks Beeb btw re-copyright.

Rochdale manager Keith Hill says overachieving in recent seasons has now begun to catch up with them as a group.

Hill's side were promoted to League One in 2013-14 and have reached the fourth round of the FA Cup this season for the fourth time in the past five campaigns.

Dale are 23rd in the table and are nine points off safety, but they have two games in hand on their rivals.

"The pressure of overachieving has probably weighed heavy on the players," Hill told BBC Radio Manchester.

"We overachieved to get promotion and for the last three seasons, with the work the players have gone through, I think it's catching up with them."

Rochdale have scored nine goals in three rounds of the FA Cup this season and face Millwall in the fourth round on Saturday - but are without a win in their past seven League One games.

Asked whether they can carry their FA Cup form into the league, Hill said: "We haven't successfully done that or circumnavigated it. Our cup success hasn't transpired in the league.

"With the squad of players we've got, it's affecting performances and the players we've brought in haven't quite matched up to the players we've lost.

"I think it's just that now we are plateauing out as a group of players and a football club. When you consider the amount of money that's been spent in League One now, it's very difficult for us to keep up."
If Dale.... on 18:05 - Feb 23 with 2650 viewsrochdaleriddler

If Dale.... on 12:51 - Feb 23 by DaleFan7

Not sure why the defence keeps getting the blame. We've conceded less goals in the league than any of the other bottom half teams. We've scored 29 goals in 29 games which means on average we have to keep a clean sheet to win. The attack is the problem, making Henderson drop deep, playing one striker, who okay, works hard to win headers etc but in all honesty couldn't hit a barn door. Our midfield in the main hasn't been creative enough either. Odd tactics and substitutions from the manager. All more reasons why we are where we are rather than the defence.

With his 5 year contract, unless the football club's league status was at risk or he decided to go himself then Hill will be going nowhere.

I've said repeatedly it's the attack that is the issue

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

If Dale.... on 18:14 - Feb 23 with 2617 viewsrochdaleriddler

If Dale.... on 12:41 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

Judged on current performance, Dale are still punching above their weight in real terms, and have just achieved a complete transformation in the way the football world looks at us, less than a week ago. That's pretty current, and down to one man, Keith Hill

His position is simply not on the agenda

There are many fans who think his a god like creature. There are a minority who think he is a difficult ego maniac, who is stubborn and not as tactically smart as he thinks he is. That said I do believe his past performances will give him a big cushion should we go down . However if we struggle next year as well, I think his position should be under scrutiny . I hope it turns round and we play to our strengths and potential for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024