Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea 15:37 - Apr 7 with 23542 viewsDyfnant

Title says it all.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:40 - Apr 8 with 1951 viewsDrizzy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:36 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

I would pay that right now too. As would anyone with a modicum of sense. Although doubt Chelsea would accept that for him.

He is a matter of months out of his teens and already top goalscorer for a PL team odds on to finish the season in safety. He has already earned 2 England caps.

His ability and value will only increase. But there are a few berks that don't recognise this and will him to fail to back up their already idiotic opinion the clubs top goalscorer.

Berks will be berks.

Being top scorer of a team made up of players who can barely muster a shot on target let alone goals is not an indictment of his talent. He's a tidy finisher but miles away from being PL standard, especially as a lone striker. Banging on about his England caps is superfluous nonsense. Only a total moron would advocate spending 2/3 of our transfer budget for 5 league goals.

By the way I'll happily take you up on your bet. Donation of £50 to a charity of your choosing if he gets 50 PL goals. He'll be lucky to get half.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:42 - Apr 8 with 1947 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:39 - Apr 8 by theloneranger

He needs a good apprenticeship outside the Premier League just like Harry Kane did.

Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester did it for Kane.

He got around 30 goals last season for Bristol City who were hovering around the relegation zone for much of the year.

He is on course for around double figures this year and finishing top scorer for a PL club in his first full PL year.

Hes doing more than fine and got us out of the crap again today with what will very likely be an incredibly vital point.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:45 - Apr 8 with 1937 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:40 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

Being top scorer of a team made up of players who can barely muster a shot on target let alone goals is not an indictment of his talent. He's a tidy finisher but miles away from being PL standard, especially as a lone striker. Banging on about his England caps is superfluous nonsense. Only a total moron would advocate spending 2/3 of our transfer budget for 5 league goals.

By the way I'll happily take you up on your bet. Donation of £50 to a charity of your choosing if he gets 50 PL goals. He'll be lucky to get half.

The same side that muster enough shots and goals to sit 15th in the PL table, he is top scorer in that side - he is PL standard.

Only a moron would think 20m buys you 1 season. 20m would be a sound investment in a player like Tammy.

Yep, not charity though, I give enough to charity so no fun in that. I enjoy the satisfaction of spending the money of internet gum flappers. Make it 100 if you wish.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:46]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:51 - Apr 8 with 1922 viewsDrizzy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:45 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

The same side that muster enough shots and goals to sit 15th in the PL table, he is top scorer in that side - he is PL standard.

Only a moron would think 20m buys you 1 season. 20m would be a sound investment in a player like Tammy.

Yep, not charity though, I give enough to charity so no fun in that. I enjoy the satisfaction of spending the money of internet gum flappers. Make it 100 if you wish.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 0:46]

He's got five goals, mate. He's not even our top scorer in the league FFS. I would point out that it would be crude to judge him solely on his goals but he does f*ck all else it's only the measure.

Considering we're in a perpetual relegation battle we don't have time to speculate vast sums of money on a young player who had one good season in the Championship.

50 to charity if he gets 50. Very simple and not sure why you'd be so greedy as to deny a charity money for something that, in your mind, is such a sure thing.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:57 - Apr 8 with 1910 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:51 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

He's got five goals, mate. He's not even our top scorer in the league FFS. I would point out that it would be crude to judge him solely on his goals but he does f*ck all else it's only the measure.

Considering we're in a perpetual relegation battle we don't have time to speculate vast sums of money on a young player who had one good season in the Championship.

50 to charity if he gets 50. Very simple and not sure why you'd be so greedy as to deny a charity money for something that, in your mind, is such a sure thing.

Yep, 5 PL goals in 15 starts - another 45 goals to go. It doesn't matter if he is not the top goalscorer in terms of league goals, that mantle is with a forward of PL quality in the prime of his career.

We absolutely have the time and money to invest in young talent. I advocated not buying Bony (who I rate), selling Borja and making a bid for Tammy. If we did that, it would be no different to where we find ourselves now except we have a 20 year old england international striker who has bags of raw talent who is the clubs top goalscorer in his first full season. Money wisely invested.

This is my bet, not yours. I dictate the terms. I give more than enough to charity, we have chatted before and you learned of the fact a % of my not so insignificant salary goes to charity every month without fail. I am happy in my own philanthropy. The fun of internet bets is to spend the winnings of the idiot you bet with. If you dont like the terms then dont bet, it would be an easy out.

Although quite why you would deny a charity money for something, that in your mind, is such a sure thing would be a little odd.

I have stated the terms of the bet you picked up on very clearly. There is a saying ''Sh*t or get off the pot''. Apt here.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 1:02]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 01:14 - Apr 8 with 1886 viewsDrizzy

Why you felt the need to mention your salary is beyond me but you're clearly rattled and/or drunk so I'll happily take "your bet" on whatever terms.

I shudder at the thought of us playing this season with Tammy as our main striker and other sensible posters echo my concerns about other aspects of his game beyond finishing. When we revisit this thread in a few years, if you haven't had another meltdown and reincarnated by then, Dim, I'll be happy to take your money in the form of a charitable donation.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 01:25 - Apr 8 with 1879 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 01:14 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

Why you felt the need to mention your salary is beyond me but you're clearly rattled and/or drunk so I'll happily take "your bet" on whatever terms.

I shudder at the thought of us playing this season with Tammy as our main striker and other sensible posters echo my concerns about other aspects of his game beyond finishing. When we revisit this thread in a few years, if you haven't had another meltdown and reincarnated by then, Dim, I'll be happy to take your money in the form of a charitable donation.

Because it will indicate that I give a decent sum to charity in response to your inappropriate jibe, I thought that much was clearly obvious. But yes, factually responding to your jibe about greed must be me being rattled.... even though the bet was completely my idea. However, you calling me ''Dimi'' is what many do when THEY are rattled so cheers for giving that one away.

A meltdown? me? I dont think I have ever had a ''meltdown'' or even have the capacity to have one. You on the other hand have a constant chip on your shoulder and are in a constant state of meltdown. As boring you are to read in your predictable teen angst nature, you are entertaining - so you have that going for you.

You can shudder to your hearts content, you can comfort yourself that others on this site echo your thoughts - but it wont make a blind bit of difference to reality. Many on this site echo the thoughts that Jordan Ayew is lazy even though he covers more ground for us than any other player. There is many a moron on here, I am glad you have taken up the invitation to join them.

did we settle on the 100?
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 1:29]

N/A. on 02:01 - Apr 8 with 1843 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:54]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 02:01 - Apr 8 with 1843 viewsRancid

He's got a great touch and good feet for a big fella and can obviously finish too.I see a bit of Adebayor in him and at best Drogba but far from the finished article obviously....I think we can all see this but know he won't be here next season so don't want to get too attached.
N/A. on 02:01 - Apr 8 with 1843 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:54]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 02:05 - Apr 8 with 1832 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 02:01 - Apr 8 by Rancid

He's got a great touch and good feet for a big fella and can obviously finish too.I see a bit of Adebayor in him and at best Drogba but far from the finished article obviously....I think we can all see this but know he won't be here next season so don't want to get too attached.

Adebayor is a very good comparison.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 05:48 - Apr 8 with 1757 viewsBobby_Fischer

This is what you get when rugby fans try and talk about football, he is going to be a class player. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 06:21 - Apr 8 with 1744 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:36 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

I would pay that right now too. As would anyone with a modicum of sense. Although doubt Chelsea would accept that for him.

He is a matter of months out of his teens and already top goalscorer for a PL team odds on to finish the season in safety. He has already earned 2 England caps.

His ability and value will only increase. But there are a few berks that don't recognise this and will him to fail to back up their already idiotic opinion the clubs top goalscorer.

Berks will be berks.

You're advocating that we pay 20 million for Abraham?.. people are seriously disturbed. If we did.. I'd expect him to improve overnight.. because we can't afford to have a luxury 1 in 5 performer in this league.. that's the reason why we're struggling.. too many 1 in 5 performers.

Poll: Cooper Out

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 06:42 - Apr 8 with 1735 viewsdameedna

At the start of the season we were talking 40 million. If he had scored 20 goals and played every game that would be a fair price.

There may be a long line up of clubs willing to pay 20 million but I doubt he will be sold.

He is, was and will be out of our reach for ten years. Last time I saw Adebeyor he knocked in two and Gylfi scored for us.

He could well turn out for Cardiff or Wolves next season. Not quite good enough yet and i think he would benefit from another season with the Ayews and Bony. Not got the aerial threat of Adebeyor yet but that appears to be coming along nicely.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 06:45 - Apr 8 with 1735 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 02:01 - Apr 8 by Rancid

Adebayor and Drogba had the upper body strength to hold defenders off and bring runners into the game. Tammys biggest problem is that he struggles leading the line on his own. He doesn’t have the physicality.

If he could sort that out, he would be a very good striker. He can finish, he’s quick enough, he has got a trick in him and his vision is excellent at times. It’s not enough without the physical strength though.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 07:04 - Apr 8 with 1727 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 06:21 - Apr 8 by Dippy

You're advocating that we pay 20 million for Abraham?.. people are seriously disturbed. If we did.. I'd expect him to improve overnight.. because we can't afford to have a luxury 1 in 5 performer in this league.. that's the reason why we're struggling.. too many 1 in 5 performers.

Absolutely in a heart beat. Forward thinking, or lack of it, is what got this club into the deterioration state it is suffering currently. Although imagine at that price we would be at the back of the queue.

Not that Chelsea would sell him for that however.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 7:07]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 07:43 - Apr 8 with 1710 viewsDippy

Jesus 27 million
Lukaku 28 million
Alli 5 million
Demarai Gray 3.7 million
Lookman 7.5 million
Son 22 million
Salah 11 million
De Bruyne 7 million
Abraham 20 million

Pick the odd one out.

I think it would be a waste.. you genuinely believe he's at Chelsea standard?

Fortunately Chelsea will be much more ruthless than we are currently..

He has a future in the game no doubt.. but he's not at this level.. especially not at the mental 20 million mark.

Maybe in 2 years he'll be half decent.. but 20 million can buy you so much more.

Poll: Cooper Out

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 07:58 - Apr 8 with 1706 viewsFireboy2

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 20:23 - Apr 7 by Kilkennyjack

Tammy will improve for sure.

But he is vital for us right here and right now.
I hope he takes further confidence from his vital goal today.

#TeamTammy. yjb !

Very true KJ

He will improve and he is vital for us but his effort levels yesterday were shocking
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:16 - Apr 8 with 1695 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 07:43 - Apr 8 by Dippy

Jesus 27 million
Lukaku 28 million
Alli 5 million
Demarai Gray 3.7 million
Lookman 7.5 million
Son 22 million
Salah 11 million
De Bruyne 7 million
Abraham 20 million

Pick the odd one out.

I think it would be a waste.. you genuinely believe he's at Chelsea standard?

Fortunately Chelsea will be much more ruthless than we are currently..

He has a future in the game no doubt.. but he's not at this level.. especially not at the mental 20 million mark.

Maybe in 2 years he'll be half decent.. but 20 million can buy you so much more.

That's a very hindsight filled list.

A bit like me reeling off 40 million flops.

By all means if you can buy Dele Alli for 5m, or Salah for 11m then let's get our bids in of course. However the fact is they are both worth 100m+ and that was because they were bought when they had potential and not the finished article.

20m does not get you so much more at all. Chris Wood signed for Burnley for 15m. Clucas signed for us for 17m. Cardiff valued Zahore at 20m.

That's the state of the market. 20m for a 20 year old English international striker with nearly 40 goals in less than 2 top two tier seasons and current premier league teams club top scorer, is an absolute snip.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 8:20]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:24 - Apr 8 with 1681 viewsDr_Winston

Abraham would probably have done better in a side capable of playing to his natural game. At no point this season have we done so consistently.

Since day one it's been obvious that he's not a lone striker, nor a hold up guy so to me it seems odd that people keep criticising him for not being able to do it, but I guess that's not unusual in these parts.

He's still got a lot to prove, and there's no way he's worth £20m as yet, but some of the abuse he's taken is basic idiocy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:28 - Apr 8 with 1675 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:24 - Apr 8 by Dr_Winston

Abraham would probably have done better in a side capable of playing to his natural game. At no point this season have we done so consistently.

Since day one it's been obvious that he's not a lone striker, nor a hold up guy so to me it seems odd that people keep criticising him for not being able to do it, but I guess that's not unusual in these parts.

He's still got a lot to prove, and there's no way he's worth £20m as yet, but some of the abuse he's taken is basic idiocy.

You kind of need that as a modern striker though. Not many teams play with two up top. Near enough every decent striker is capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:29 - Apr 8 with 1671 viewsbuilthjack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 00:31 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

I think being good enough for the PL would constitute 50 PL career goals.

So yes I am saying hes good enough and willing to put my money behind my words.

You seem more reluctant.

The bet is too long term. Me, or you, may not be around in years to come so it's a pointless bet.
Let's have a proper mans bet. I say he will not score 15 Premier League goals next season.
Any striker worth his salt will do that. Are you up for it or don't you have the confidence in him?
50 is fine but double it if you want.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:35 - Apr 8 with 1657 viewsSTID2017

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:24 - Apr 8 by Dr_Winston

He does have a lot to prove, and he's not in the right team where he has time and opportunity to do that.
We are in a dogfight and I don't think he's equipped for that.
I don't feel he'll ever be a £20 million player and the way he has tantrums every time things go wrong show that he wants to succeed, but he need to be more mature.
I think he'd be a good squad player for us, but £20 million?
Never

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:39 - Apr 8 with 1652 viewsDr_Winston

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:28 - Apr 8 by jack247

You kind of need that as a modern striker though. Not many teams play with two up top. Near enough every decent striker is capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play

Some are better at it than others.

He should improve that part of his game, but I don't see the point in writing him off because he's not brilliant at it yet, especially supported by a midfield as milquetoast as ours has been lately.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:01 - Apr 8 with 1638 views3swan

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:39 - Apr 8 by Dr_Winston

Some are better at it than others.

He should improve that part of his game, but I don't see the point in writing him off because he's not brilliant at it yet, especially supported by a midfield as milquetoast as ours has been lately.

Whist I agree that we can’t write him off yet on his performances in a poor team, he has large question marks against him.
It can be argued that we haven’t played to his strengths but surely that ids down to poor recruitment as we need to buy/loan players to suit the type of game we will play. If Wilf had not been injured would he have had much game time? So maybe a 15 to 20 mins at the end of games?
What I haven’t seen is any progress in both his game and attitude. There has been no development in his general play and touch. His attitude does seem to be about him and not the team.
Early days for sure, he’s still young but plenty of improvement needed before he can be thought of as a Premier player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024