Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel / Gaza 13:23 - Jun 3 with 15724 viewsNeath_Jack

Right then, can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what the craic is out there?

I'm not interested on views on who is right/wrong etc.

Who are Fatah/Hamas/PLO and whoever else is there.

Who's fighting for what?

Just that i'm reading a book at the moment and a chap is out there and he's naming all these different groups and i don't know what's what.

No opinions, just facts please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Israel / Gaza on 18:04 - Jun 4 with 2041 viewsHighjack

And the pesky buggers from the sun are at it again look, hacking other peoples websites and spreading such vile misinformation.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/05/gaza-palestinians-tortured-summar

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Israel / Gaza on 18:23 - Jun 4 with 2015 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Here you go

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/04/jeremy-corbyn-says-he-regrets-c

He should have played 2 up top for us last season

Now this large prison in the Middle East ...
Where a 21 year old nurse got shot in the back and killed on Friday by the Israel guards

Where’s the outrage ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Israel / Gaza on 18:36 - Jun 4 with 2007 viewsperplex

Why ask on here when you can google the facts, but who ever is to blame and all party`s are at fault really and despite all the awful stuff going on over there, the one outcome which would spell disaster for all of us is Iran developing nukes, simply because of there ideology.
Israel / Gaza on 19:02 - Jun 4 with 1989 viewsNeath_Jack

Israel / Gaza on 18:36 - Jun 4 by perplex

Why ask on here when you can google the facts, but who ever is to blame and all party`s are at fault really and despite all the awful stuff going on over there, the one outcome which would spell disaster for all of us is Iran developing nukes, simply because of there ideology.

You should have read my opening post my friend.

I know the history of Israel, but what i couldn't get my swede around was who all the militia groups play for.

I was reading a book on another subject, and he kept mentioning different militias, so i wanted a quick breakdown on who is who out there. And there are some very intelligent posters on here.

I'm not interested in who is at fault.

Thanks for maybe reading again.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Israel / Gaza on 19:51 - Jun 4 with 1958 viewsItchySphincter

bluey the jooo

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Israel / Gaza on 19:51 - Jun 4 with 1958 viewsLord_Bony

Israel / Gaza on 18:23 - Jun 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here you go

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/04/jeremy-corbyn-says-he-regrets-c

He should have played 2 up top for us last season

Now this large prison in the Middle East ...
Where a 21 year old nurse got shot in the back and killed on Friday by the Israel guards

Where’s the outrage ?

Can you imagine if that happened in israel?
There would be hundreds of Palestinians killed by now in retaliation.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Israel / Gaza on 19:54 - Jun 4 with 1957 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 19:51 - Jun 4 by Lord_Bony

Can you imagine if that happened in israel?
There would be hundreds of Palestinians killed by now in retaliation.

Might want to reconsider your view on Israel.

The same Israel who repaired the electricity supply in Gaza Hamas blew up.

The same Israel Hamas leaders send relatives for surgery...

Still, can't change the minds of some with facts.
Israel / Gaza on 20:02 - Jun 4 with 1947 viewsItchySphincter

There's a doc on Netflix about how an Indian Yogi who moved to Oregon with a bunch of non-natives.

Got kicked out in the end, which was kind of fair.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Israel / Gaza on 20:04 - Jun 4 with 1946 viewsperplex

Israel / Gaza on 19:02 - Jun 4 by Neath_Jack

You should have read my opening post my friend.

I know the history of Israel, but what i couldn't get my swede around was who all the militia groups play for.

I was reading a book on another subject, and he kept mentioning different militias, so i wanted a quick breakdown on who is who out there. And there are some very intelligent posters on here.

I'm not interested in who is at fault.

Thanks for maybe reading again.

Fair enough, maybe you should try try typing in Militia groups in the google search.
Israel / Gaza on 20:06 - Jun 4 with 1941 viewsNeath_Jack

Israel / Gaza on 20:04 - Jun 4 by perplex

Fair enough, maybe you should try try typing in Militia groups in the google search.

I tried the polite approach.

I'll ask as many questions on here as i want too, and as you can see from the replies, there are some very helpful people about.

F*ck off if you don't like the thread.

Israel / Gaza on 20:16 - Jun 4 with 1930 viewsSlimer

Israel / Gaza on 20:04 - Jun 4 by perplex

Maybe you should tvvat off.
Israel / Gaza on 21:35 - Jun 4 with 1892 viewsLord_Bony

Israel / Gaza on 19:54 - Jun 4 by bluey_the_blue

Well,an important fact often left out of Tv news reports is that in this war the Israeli side is armed with high-tech, high-cost weaponry: a large arsenal of nuclear weapons, F-16s, helicopter gunships, top-of-the line tanks, sniper scopes, the best helmets and personal safety gear money can buy. Palestinians, on the other hand, whose land has been invaded by Israel (this fact is also usually omitted) are largely unarmed. Some have a small supply of rifles, handguns, and home-made mortars; very few have uniforms, helmets, etc.

For Israel it is, basically, a turkey shoot. The only “weapon” that Israel fears is that tragic result of such an unequal conflict: the suicide bomber.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Israel / Gaza on 21:40 - Jun 4 with 1883 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 21:35 - Jun 4 by Lord_Bony

Well,an important fact often left out of Tv news reports is that in this war the Israeli side is armed with high-tech, high-cost weaponry: a large arsenal of nuclear weapons, F-16s, helicopter gunships, top-of-the line tanks, sniper scopes, the best helmets and personal safety gear money can buy. Palestinians, on the other hand, whose land has been invaded by Israel (this fact is also usually omitted) are largely unarmed. Some have a small supply of rifles, handguns, and home-made mortars; very few have uniforms, helmets, etc.

For Israel it is, basically, a turkey shoot. The only “weapon” that Israel fears is that tragic result of such an unequal conflict: the suicide bomber.

Pslestinian land eh? Awkward claim that really.

"Home-made mortars".

There is none so gullible... still, carry on falling for the Pallywood spin.
Israel / Gaza on 21:47 - Jun 4 with 1875 viewsLord_Bony

Israel / Gaza on 21:40 - Jun 4 by bluey_the_blue

Pslestinian land eh? Awkward claim that really.

"Home-made mortars".

There is none so gullible... still, carry on falling for the Pallywood spin.

Not really a level playing field though is it Blue mate?

And Netanyahu still banging on about Iran getting close to developing a nuclear bomb while Israel hides its massive stock of nukes from the world...you could not make it up.

Israel / Gaza on 21:49 - Jun 4 with 1860 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 21:47 - Jun 4 by Lord_Bony

Not really a level playing field though is it Blue mate?

And Netanyahu still banging on about Iran getting close to developing a nuclear bomb while Israel hides its massive stock of nukes from the world...you could not make it up.

So you want people like Hamas, dedicated to killing Jews to be armed to the teeth.

Interesting.

Iran want to destroy Israel. Also interesting you fail to factor that into your final comment.

Indeed, as you said... you couldn't make it up.
Israel / Gaza on 21:54 - Jun 4 with 1851 viewsLord_Bony

Israel / Gaza on 21:49 - Jun 4 by bluey_the_blue

So you want people like Hamas, dedicated to killing Jews to be armed to the teeth.

Interesting.

Iran want to destroy Israel. Also interesting you fail to factor that into your final comment.

Why is Netanyahu making such a fuss over Iran developing a nuclear weapon (there's still no hard evidence on this...apart from Netanyahu and friends say so) and then hiding Israels nukes from the rest of the world?

Strange government. That's not good for peace.

Israel / Gaza on 22:10 - Jun 4 with 1833 viewsphact0rri

This is the same israel that was giving the Palestinians, six hours of electricity a day? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20415675

The same Israel that recently set up a blockaid stopping the flotilas with innocent non combatants and hurt Palestinians inneed of urgent medical care, to sail to get proper medical help because israel denies it to them?

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/.premium-palestinian-floti

Again its bad on both sides, but getting facts straight does help a bit.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Israel / Gaza on 22:19 - Jun 4 with 1819 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 22:10 - Jun 4 by phact0rri

This is the same israel that was giving the Palestinians, six hours of electricity a day? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20415675

The same Israel that recently set up a blockaid stopping the flotilas with innocent non combatants and hurt Palestinians inneed of urgent medical care, to sail to get proper medical help because israel denies it to them?

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/.premium-palestinian-floti

Again its bad on both sides, but getting facts straight does help a bit.

Maybe if Hamas stopped targetted power supplies then maybe things would be better.
Maybe if Egypt opened their border but then again they don't get criticised.

As for the Haaretz article, all that can be seen is that a flotilla attempting to break the blockade was stopped nothing else. I don't bother with articles behind paywalls.

It'll be a far better day when people condemn Hamas with the same vehemence they do Israel. As I keep saying, not a major fan of Netanyahu but the attempts to paint him as worse than Hamas are utterly pitiful.
Israel / Gaza on 22:47 - Jun 4 with 1803 viewsphact0rri

Israel / Gaza on 22:19 - Jun 4 by bluey_the_blue

Maybe if Hamas stopped targetted power supplies then maybe things would be better.
Maybe if Egypt opened their border but then again they don't get criticised.

As for the Haaretz article, all that can be seen is that a flotilla attempting to break the blockade was stopped nothing else. I don't bother with articles behind paywalls.

It'll be a far better day when people condemn Hamas with the same vehemence they do Israel. As I keep saying, not a major fan of Netanyahu but the attempts to paint him as worse than Hamas are utterly pitiful.

the floatila has been all over the news about how they are trying to get injuried people to hospital... but I digress.

I can understand the annoyance about how people seem to point more fingers at Israel than at hamas, I have a jewish friend who I debate this with quite often, and I can see frustration despite hamas also being in the wrong at points and never hit on as much as the israelies. But its also easier to look at israel this wasy when they have one of the best funded militaries in the world. It feels like they are just taking what they want, and killing indiscriminately, with their impressive toys. and where thats very much the one sided approach-- its hard not to feel that Israel could be more humane in their dealings, if it wasn't for the religious hate in place between the two nations. And this is also what gets in the way of any proper deals in place.

Its a tricky situation for sure... but for me, i always think that the ones on top the ones marginalizing and oppressing the other needs to take responsibility. And israel would go a long way in that realm if they'd clean up thier act on the illegal settlements.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Israel / Gaza on 00:17 - Jun 5 with 1770 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Israel / Gaza on 21:49 - Jun 4 by bluey_the_blue

Interesting.

A fair fight is when both parties get the same weapons. The Israelis just don't want a fair fight....

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Israel / Gaza on 13:40 - Jun 5 with 1661 viewsEbo

The same Israel who year by year gobble up more land that they were originally given in the first place. The same Israel who illegally evict people out of their homes. The same Israel who have basically turned Gaza into an open prison. The same Israel who are constantly condemned by the UN and Amnesty International over their treatment and bombardment of Palestinians.

You wonder why people are angry at these fake Jews? Israel is a stain on Judaism.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Israel / Gaza on 18:10 - Jun 5 with 1626 viewsperplex

Israel / Gaza on 20:06 - Jun 4 by Neath_Jack

I tried the polite approach.

I'll ask as many questions on here as i want too, and as you can see from the replies, there are some very helpful people about.

F*ck off if you don't like the thread.

Now now try not to get worked, up the thread is ok and by all mean`s ask away, but surely if you asked Google the answers will be there for you, but for whatever reason you prefer to ask on here then happy day`s, hope you get my drift old boy.
Israel / Gaza on 18:13 - Jun 5 with 1626 viewsperplex

Israel / Gaza on 19:01 - Jun 3 by Neath_Jack

Thanks for that, but what i'm really after is who Fatah/Hamas/PLO are, and who they are fighting against.

Who do the UK/USA/Russia governments support?

Then Google it you Muppet.
Israel / Gaza on 18:19 - Jun 5 with 1623 viewsperplex

Israel / Gaza on 20:16 - Jun 4 by Slimer

Maybe you should tvvat off.

Bit harsh, you seem upset, are you ok.
Israel / Gaza on 18:35 - Jun 5 with 1610 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 22:47 - Jun 4 by phact0rri

the floatila has been all over the news about how they are trying to get injuried people to hospital... but I digress.

I can understand the annoyance about how people seem to point more fingers at Israel than at hamas, I have a jewish friend who I debate this with quite often, and I can see frustration despite hamas also being in the wrong at points and never hit on as much as the israelies. But its also easier to look at israel this wasy when they have one of the best funded militaries in the world. It feels like they are just taking what they want, and killing indiscriminately, with their impressive toys. and where thats very much the one sided approach-- its hard not to feel that Israel could be more humane in their dealings, if it wasn't for the religious hate in place between the two nations. And this is also what gets in the way of any proper deals in place.

Its a tricky situation for sure... but for me, i always think that the ones on top the ones marginalizing and oppressing the other needs to take responsibility. And israel would go a long way in that realm if they'd clean up thier act on the illegal settlements.

I agree with you on the settlements.

Problem is, Hamas et al couldn't really give a toss. Just another way they can urge others to kill themselves on their behalf.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024