Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread 19:34 - Jul 30 with 50213 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 16:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:41 - Aug 4 with 3306 viewsSwan91

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:36 - Aug 4 by Highjack

Montero when fit and firing is without doubt the best winger I have ever seen at any level, but the rarity of him being both fit and firing is comparable to Paul Gascgoine being sober and not bringing chicken to serial killer hostage situations.

Well how long has it been since we saw monterro play a game like that?

GP has gotten more out of Monterro in pre season and this first game than previous managers have done for seasons... All the talk GP made talking about having a specific plan for monterro seems to be doing the trick.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:45 - Aug 4 with 3265 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:33 - Aug 4 by sherpajacob

Indeed, a fit Jeff against championship defenders is manifestly unfair.

Agreed. He should wreak some havoc at this level this season. I like all the new boys especially McKay and Celina, but I hope we can hang on to a very important old boy - Fede. Potter tapped him on the shoulder at the end and he turned and gave Potter a very cursory handshake. I trust I'm not reading too much into that, but the win must have made him feel a little more easy about sticking around. Let's hope so.

In short, played some nice stuff second half and the future's looking a lot more rosy than it did yesterday. Add some creativity in midfield and we could be a force this season. It'll be interesting to see how we play at Fortress Liberty (?) next week. Great start though and very morale boosting for us suffering fans.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:50 - Aug 4 with 3193 viewsjasper_T

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:41 - Aug 4 by JackBaston

Jesus just read through all the second half comments
people slating Mcburnie and Mckay

some proper fairweather and negative fans

Mckay was sensational, how people can say hes all pace and flicks is insane, Mcburnie did what we've been calling for a striker to do, Carroll stepped up second half and looked more like the player we had with Clement

Celina I was a little disappointed with, not because of how he played, but the fact he was playing as a CDM most of the game, I was shouting for about 20 mins how hes behind Carroll and Fulton, and I think Fulton took initiative and went forward, and nearly scored with a header

Jeff did well, he looked nervous and not quite at his best, but at this level he'll destroy some full backs

Buzzing boys, been a while since Ive been excited about our team

Why are you blaming Celina for what was an obvious tactical change? Fulton couldn't handle the deeper role especially after they went ahead and stood off more, so Potter swapped them.

Worked very well. That and swapping Asoro for Montero made a huge difference to the performance. 1st goal down to the overload down the right when Connor finally had someone to link up with, the 2nd Jeff being Jeff.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:56 - Aug 4 with 3128 viewsawayjack

Brilliant seeing the pace, width and attacking intent. All the new lads played well and defence solid. Surely nudge to entrust Board to back Potter more next week and get the other targets over the line. Way beyond expectations. Also great to see fans noisy and passionate.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:57 - Aug 4 with 3112 viewsJackBaston

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:50 - Aug 4 by jasper_T

Why are you blaming Celina for what was an obvious tactical change? Fulton couldn't handle the deeper role especially after they went ahead and stood off more, so Potter swapped them.

Worked very well. That and swapping Asoro for Montero made a huge difference to the performance. 1st goal down to the overload down the right when Connor finally had someone to link up with, the 2nd Jeff being Jeff.

Because it wasn't a tactical change
It was happening most of first half and up to their goal
Then Fulton went higher
As I said, Celina played well but it was similar to Gylfi on occasion where he'd track back all the time, we want our creative attacking players up the pitch

Asoro needed changing and that sub was obvious, he was off the pace and looked a little overwhelmed
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:04 - Aug 4 with 3051 viewsBadlands

Completely different second half (a manager that gets more out of us safer half time!!!).
Players like McKay got more room and time and our passing improved.
The big difference came with the introduction of Montero ... we all know what he can do when fit but only time will tell if that can last most of.a season.
McBurnie popped up but we really need another reliable CF Imo.

Whatever, I really don't care that it wasn't Chelsea or Man U.

Swansea City won away from home with what is still a makeshift side.

Next door's cat is safe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 3011 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:57 - Aug 4 by JackBaston

Then Fulton went higher
As I said, Celina played well but it was similar to Gylfi on occasion where he'd track back all the time, we want our creative attacking players up the pitch

Asoro needed changing and that sub was obvious, he was off the pace and looked a little overwhelmed

In the under 23s Jay & Ollie used to play off each other with one twos, with Byers &/or James joining in as well.
Defenders find it hard to play against 2 tall players and 2 quick players.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:12 - Aug 4 with 2978 viewsjasper_T

I'm going to go so far as to call Potter's tactics in the first half a blunder. Leaving Asoro up alone on the right had us exposed down that flank, did nothing to stop their wingback from pushing on, and produced nothing going forward. McKay on the other side was isolated as well, could barely get into the game.

It's a testament to how good we are that we were still in the game when he made smart changes and we smashed em.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:16 - Aug 4 with 2935 viewsplasjack

What a refreshing change to see us actually passing with intent, our two wingers made the difference. Keep this up and we will be up there at the end of the season.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:18 - Aug 4 with 2906 viewsJohnw102

Mention for the Ref, thought he had a very good game, good advantage for our second, vast improvement of those media whores in the EPL.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:27 - Aug 4 with 2834 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:28 - Aug 4 by cwm02

First win since 1939

I know last season seemed to last forever but …..

Its just a ride.

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 2644 viewsairedale

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 17:57 - Aug 4 by Birchgrovejack

McKay looks good. Could be this year's Scott Sinclair fornus. Early days but Fingers crossed.

Just to let you know Birchy, I lost just under 2 mins of my life Googling what a fornus was before I twigged. More care with typing in the future please. Thank you.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:21 - Aug 4 with 2598 viewsdameedna

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:27 - Aug 4 by Glyn1

What the actual F?

It's the 93rd minute and Montero gets the ball in Sheffield's half with no defender anywhere near him.

Does he take it to the corner flag?

No, he does not. He makes a long pass to the Blades keeper who kicks it downfield for a final attack.

Seriously? Are there any active brain cells in there? (And I'm a fan of Jeff.)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 19:28]

Love you jeff
Takes unpredictability to the next level
Celina and McKay look like they will be players
Fulton and Carroll we can live and hope they need time and support
What does Amat have to do to get a game
That's pay check bonus number one in the bag for Harry and no reliance on Dyer or Routs
With any luck the City striker will be encouraged to join
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 22:27]
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:04 - Aug 4 with 2557 viewsSgorioFruit

taken from the BBC website

"The pre-match talk had been about Wales wing Ben Woodburn, signed on loan from Liverpool, tormenting Swansea, but it proved to be another summer signing from Anfield who stole the headlines."

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 01:32 - Aug 5 with 2399 viewsMorganator100

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:57 - Aug 4 by JackBaston

Then Fulton went higher

It was a tactical change and happened around the 35th minute of the game. Before that Celina played on the right of midfield. He swapped him and Fulton around.

In the 2nd half Celina started in the middle of the midfield in the holding midfield role., Carroll on the left and Fulton on the right. That's why Fulton was higher up the pitch especially 2nd half.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 05:26 - Aug 5 with 2331 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 19:08 - Aug 4 by Morganator100

McKay for all the flicks has no end product. He flatters to deceive.

Asoro is another Barrow in my book, pace but nothing else.

Celina looks a footballer and has been our main player today. Needs a strong personality in midfield with him to let him play. Carroll isn't that player.

The Sky stats from his MOTM performance graphic.

Barrie McKay
45 touches
8x possession gained (most for team)
Completed 26/31 passes
Created 3 chances, including an assist for Yan Dhanda’s winner

Its just a ride.

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 05:37 - Aug 5 with 2321 viewsphact0rri

second half was like a different match, the second part of the second half looked like a different swansea. I'll have more of that going forward.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 13:47 - Aug 5 with 2152 viewsMorganator100

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 05:26 - Aug 5 by Captain_Sham

The Sky stats from his MOTM performance graphic.

Barrie McKay
45 touches
8x possession gained (most for team)
Completed 26/31 passes
Created 3 chances, including an assist for Yan Dhanda’s winner

Please tell me you don't believe these Sky Stats?

I've just re watched the 1st half and followed McKay and his contribution :-

13 touches 13 good passes (1 with header)
1 touch 1 gained free kick
7 touches 7 lost ball

Total 21 touches 14 kept possession 7 lost possession Not gained one bit of possession in that period. I'm positive they have mistaken him for Carroll on this Stat.

Already those 1st half analysis has torn to shreds the Sky stats of 26/31 passes.

The boy had a good game and will be an asset to us but Celinas performance (and Montero when he came on) were way better. When Celina played in the holding midfielder role, he gave tempo to our game.

Also we haven't given enough praised to Fed and VDH who were rock solid in the heart of our defence. Let's hope Fed stays as he will be a huge loss.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 14:28 - Aug 5 with 2102 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 13:47 - Aug 5 by Morganator100

Please tell me you don't believe these Sky Stats?

I've just re watched the 1st half and followed McKay and his contribution :-

13 touches 13 good passes (1 with header)
1 touch 1 gained free kick
7 touches 7 lost ball

Total 21 touches 14 kept possession 7 lost possession Not gained one bit of possession in that period. I'm positive they have mistaken him for Carroll on this Stat.

Already those 1st half analysis has torn to shreds the Sky stats of 26/31 passes.

The boy had a good game and will be an asset to us but Celinas performance (and Montero when he came on) were way better. When Celina played in the holding midfielder role, he gave tempo to our game.

Also we haven't given enough praised to Fed and VDH who were rock solid in the heart of our defence. Let's hope Fed stays as he will be a huge loss.

I agree. A few more games like that one yesterday and teams will stop lobbing long balls and crosses into the box - which most Championship teams use as their staple tactic. Proper solid aerially yesterday.

If we force teams to play higher up the field then it will open up space for counters

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Aug 5 with 2009 viewsjasper_T

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 17:52 - Aug 5 with 1972 viewsjohnlangy

Only 12 minutes highlights on youtube but, certainly in the second half, the Swans were far superior in terms of quality.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:39 - Aug 5 with 1854 views34dfgdf54

Looks like Potter has give them a few days off, Fede and Amat are in Spain on holiday.

F*ck me I wish I could have been more gifted at football, they’ve got the life.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:47 - Aug 5 with 1835 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 14:28 - Aug 5 by PozuelosSideys

I agree. A few more games like that one yesterday and teams will stop lobbing long balls and crosses into the box - which most Championship teams use as their staple tactic. Proper solid aerially yesterday.

If we force teams to play higher up the field then it will open up space for counters

And when they play higher up the pitch we press them on the edge of our box, gain possession and pass to Celina and we're 4 on 4. It will happen a lot this season. Can't wait til Saturday now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:01 - Aug 5 with 1818 viewsjasper_T

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:39 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

Looks like Potter has give them a few days off, Fede and Amat are in Spain on holiday.

F*ck me I wish I could have been more gifted at football, they’ve got the life.

Last minute package deals to Mallorca aren't breaking the bank these days, are they?

They might be sharing a twin room, self catering.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:12 - Aug 5 with 1810 views34dfgdf54

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:01 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

Last minute package deals to Mallorca aren't breaking the bank these days, are they?

They might be sharing a twin room, self catering.

No, but it’s not exactly Monday - Friday 9-5 is it. We’re not even into a week of the season. I’m not moaning about them being allowed by the way. Just pointing out they live a life of luxury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024