Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread 19:34 - Jul 30 with 50182 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 16:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 13:20 - Aug 2 with 4193 viewsdcd14

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 11:37 - Aug 2 by omarjack

Ha..

Kingsley missed 75% of last season with Hull because of injury.

If we're so worried about Govea's injury record it'd be nice if we go for a more fit one.

Kingsley had a hernia op which got infected.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 18:40 - Aug 2 with 3975 viewsawayjack

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 11:42 - Aug 2 by KGriz16

I don't think Celina will start, I think Routledge will start behind McBurnie, but agree with your starting XI besides Celina. Come on the Swans!!

Please not Routs. if Celina is fit play him. As Jordan transfer is off I wonder if he'll have a place on the bench. Shame Nmecha deal hasn't happened as we have no cover or plan B if McBurnie struggles. See Utd just sighed another City starlet and refused to consider selling their big CB for £8m.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 22:31 - Aug 2 with 3759 viewsSirjohnalot

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 18:40 - Aug 2 by awayjack

Please not Routs. if Celina is fit play him. As Jordan transfer is off I wonder if he'll have a place on the bench. Shame Nmecha deal hasn't happened as we have no cover or plan B if McBurnie struggles. See Utd just sighed another City starlet and refused to consider selling their big CB for £8m.

Just noticed this on Twitter. Hopefully something we can support.

would it be possible for you to announce a couple of minutes applause for Timmy, on the 43rd minute. He sadly lost his life over the weekend. Hopefully Swans partake aswell
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 3 with 3303 viewsDippy

Nordfeldt

Naughton
Olsson
Amat
VDH

Carroll
Fulton
Celina

Asoro
Montero
McBurnie

Question marks on Ayew, Fernandez, Clucas, Bony

Dyer
Routledge
Fer
McKay
Grimes
Roberts
Mulder
Narsingh

Looking at it.. if Bony and Ayew are off.. we need a Defensive Midfielder and Striker..

Looking at it all though.. I'd take mid table, because I don't believe "depth" wise we're good enough, especially with a new manager.

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:19 - Aug 3 with 3292 viewsjasper_T

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 3 by Dippy

Nordfeldt

Naughton
Olsson
Amat
VDH

Carroll
Fulton
Celina

Asoro
Montero
McBurnie

Question marks on Ayew, Fernandez, Clucas, Bony

Dyer
Routledge
Fer
McKay
Grimes
Roberts
Mulder
Narsingh

Looking at it.. if Bony and Ayew are off.. we need a Defensive Midfielder and Striker..

Looking at it all though.. I'd take mid table, because I don't believe "depth" wise we're good enough, especially with a new manager.

That's the starting 11 I'm expecting, with maybe Dhanda in for Celina to start if Potter thinks he's not tactically up to speed yet.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:25 - Aug 3 with 3278 viewsKingBony

Against my better judgment I’m going for a 0-1 away win 😁

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 3 with 3269 viewsDippy

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:19 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

That's the starting 11 I'm expecting, with maybe Dhanda in for Celina to start if Potter thinks he's not tactically up to speed yet.

This tactically up to speed nonsense is horse crap.. in football talk, it's up there with "down the channels" & all the cliche football b*llocks.

Celina is a creative midfielder.. he'll be given a free role in a 3 probably.

By even saying creative instead of attacking makes me feel like I'm in the presence of a noise with a chalk board.

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:37 - Aug 3 with 3255 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 3 by Dippy

This tactically up to speed nonsense is horse crap.. in football talk, it's up there with "down the channels" & all the cliche football b*llocks.

Celina is a creative midfielder.. he'll be given a free role in a 3 probably.

By even saying creative instead of attacking makes me feel like I'm in the presence of a noise with a chalk board.

Yeah, you're not going to see Celina doing much in defensive duties. Apparently he got hung out to dry by McCarthy last season for his lack of defensive work, so sat it out on the bench a fair few times. He needs to be sniffing around the hole *snigger* infront of the defence.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:49 - Aug 3 with 3237 viewsjasper_T

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 17:37 - Aug 3 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, you're not going to see Celina doing much in defensive duties. Apparently he got hung out to dry by McCarthy last season for his lack of defensive work, so sat it out on the bench a fair few times. He needs to be sniffing around the hole *snigger* infront of the defence.

Tactics aren't just for defensive work. It helps to know who your teammates are, what runs they make etc. and for them to know what to expect of you.

I think Celina is more likely to start but he's only had a couple of sessions with the team, so you could understand if Potter goes for someone else.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 19:51 - Aug 3 with 3119 viewsPhil_S

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/48340/predictable-headli

What will the result be this weekend?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 21:01 - Aug 3 with 3005 viewsdameedna

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 20:12 - Aug 1 by Swan91

-----------------Nordvelt-----------
Roberts------FF------VDH------Ollson
------------Amat-------Caroll---------
Asoro----------Celina-----------Montero
----------------Mcburnie----------------

Subs: Mulder, Naughton, Rodon, Fulton, Routledge, Dhanda, Mackay

I would go with this formation. not sure if we should use any of the new signings. so either Celina or Dhanda would be ok.

I would prefer Amat to go CDM role to help with our defensiveness and small passing to caroll/wingers. Don't really have any strikers at the moment so if we need to change... can put Asoro upfront and put a winger on. Hopefully Olsson starts.

I know Amat has played there before. Sheffield are a decent set up. I may go with Fulton who is on your bench.

Roberts Amat VDH Fernandez Olsson
Dyer Carroll Fulton Routledge
McBurnie

Naughton is in if he is injury free. It is a long season and if Naughts is staying we will need him. He may be keen to play his old club.

Dyer was training so assume he is fit.

Will take a draw ...any thing else a bonus.

A heavy loss and the voodoo pinochio dolls will be out.

Not seen enough of new signings to warrant a straight start and Amat needs a start as he is a good player.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 21:04]
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 3 with 2929 viewsSwan91

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 21:01 - Aug 3 by dameedna

I know Amat has played there before. Sheffield are a decent set up. I may go with Fulton who is on your bench.

McBurnie

Naughton is in if he is injury free. It is a long season and if Naughts is staying we will need him. He may be keen to play his old club.

Not seen enough of new signings to warrant a straight start and Amat needs a start as he is a good player.

God I hope we don't go 3 at the back for the first game of the season. just setting up for less than a win.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 22:51 - Aug 3 with 2884 viewsBytholWyn

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 22:05 - Aug 3 by Swan91

God I hope we don't go 3 at the back for the first game of the season. just setting up for less than a win.

Not necessarily. If the wing backs are pushed forward it could be a very offensive formation.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 23:16 - Aug 3 with 2847 viewsashleyprice4

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 19:25 - Aug 1 by jacksfullaces

remember being up their on our last visit (I think), Britton played? Ched Evans scored their goal? and I was shivering behind the goal, think loads of fans didn't make it through the snow that day.

Yeah I was half way up , bus driver wouldn’t go any further for obvious reasons, only 80 odd made it didn’t they?
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 23:35 - Aug 3 with 2818 viewsomarjack

I think we'll play a basic 4-3-3..We can't really play with 2 strikers as we don't have any other than Ollie atm.

---------------------------McBurnie------------------

---Montero------------------------------------Asoro----

-----------------Celina------------Carroll------------

---------------------------Amat---------------------------

Olsson-------Fernandez--------VDH-------Roberts

-------------------------Nordfeldt-----------------------
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 23:36]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 23:52 - Aug 3 with 2800 viewsRuDeMan1970

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 21:01 - Aug 3 by dameedna

McBurnie

Aah, the ol' schoolyard tactic of a back-in-hand-goalie approach. Very bold that

..."who will guard the guards..?"

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 03:58 - Aug 4 with 2714 viewsdameedna

I thought VDH did well at RB in EPL. Amat was also mobile for his size and plays well with FF. Line up with back 3 is cautious and is also likely wrong.

McBurnie is better in the air than Abraham or Ayew so having a couple of wingers and wing backs should give him good service. Fulton is no slouch in the air either.

No GK. The old ones are the best.

I believe we have a couple of duds in Narsingh and Montero who I would love to prove me wrong. They dont deserve a start yet imo.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 06:48 - Aug 4 with 2677 viewspeenemunde

Come on you Swans- 3 pts please.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 08:48 - Aug 4 with 2591 viewsjackeinstein

Can see a starting line up with
Nordfelt
Amat
Van der horn
Fernandez
Grimes/Olsson 2nd half
Fulton
Carol
Celina
Assoro
Mcburnie
Dyer
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 2493 viewsLoyal

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 08:48 - Aug 4 by jackeinstein

Nordfelt
Amat
Van der horn
Fernandez
Grimes/Olsson 2nd half
Fulton
Carol
Celina
Assoro
Mcburnie
Dyer

Lightweight.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 10:22 - Aug 4 with 2477 viewsawayjack

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 08:48 - Aug 4 by jackeinstein

Nordfelt
Amat
Van der horn
Fernandez
Grimes/Olsson 2nd half
Fulton
Carol
Celina
Assoro
Mcburnie
Dyer

Illustrates how desperate we are for a quality midfield player.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 11:43 - Aug 4 with 2333 viewsJango

McBurnie

If that’s our starting line up I quit football.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 12:35 - Aug 4 with 2246 viewsGeoffThom

I will take a draw all day ,sheff are no mugs and every club in the land regardless of final position expect to win first game of the season if at home ?
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 13:01 - Aug 4 with 2181 viewsJinxy

We had drifted so far away from what we know and love that it's going to take quite some time to re-establish a passing, possession and attacking style. I'll settle for just some signs of its return - we (fans, board, yanks, players etc. etc.) need patience so if/when we stumble let's go easy on GP eh.

Many thanks to the OP for always providing so much excellent information - lost count of the amount of times it has been helpful especially on away games etc..
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 13:19 - Aug 4 with 2132 viewsshandyjack

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Thread on 23:35 - Aug 3 by omarjack

I think we'll play a basic 4-3-3..We can't really play with 2 strikers as we don't have any other than Ollie atm.

---------------------------McBurnie------------------

---Montero------------------------------------Asoro----

-----------------Celina------------Carroll------------

---------------------------Amat---------------------------

Olsson-------Fernandez--------VDH-------Roberts

-------------------------Nordfeldt-----------------------
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 23:36]

this is 100% the team i would pick today

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024