Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread 19:34 - Jul 30 with 50237 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 16:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Aug 4 with 2417 viewslonglostjack

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:15 - Aug 4 by westwalesed

Happy enough with this so far - Celina looking a bit off the pace but impressed with McKay in particular. VDH And Fernandez looking solid enough too.

I like the look of Celina. Bit of fight in him. We could have done with that attitude last season.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Aug 4 with 2411 viewscwm02

Positives: Good defending & good individual effort by McKay & Celina

Negatives: Not create enough decent chances, we need to get the ball up there quicker, few sloppy passes. McBurnie is supposed to be strong but he gets out-strength & beaten in the air so I'm not convinced by him. We also need to get McKay, Asoro & Celina involved and keep the ball on the floor
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 18:23]
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Aug 4 with 2409 viewsjasper_T

Wingers not really in it. Asoro not linking up with anyone.

It's a process.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Aug 4 with 2409 viewsJackFish

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:16 - Aug 4 by mahoss

Good quality innit !
Welcome to the Championship............

We look solid enough at the back considering they've had a lot of the ball in our half. Central midfield is crap though. Not sure McBurnie is ready to be first choice either. Celina's had some decent touches though.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Aug 4 with 2360 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Aug 4 by jasper_T

Wingers not really in it. Asoro not linking up with anyone.

It's a process.

All three of the Ams making their debuts . Its hardly surprising we are looking disjointed.

Its just a ride.

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Aug 4 with 2339 viewsDippy

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:20 - Aug 4 by Lord_Bony

Looking ok kind of they still need time to gel as a squad but I do have concerns with lack of firepower again finishing in the final third looks poor and get more bodies in that box please

my father said similar

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Aug 4 with 2343 viewstrinityann

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:16 - Aug 4 by mahoss

Good quality innit !
Welcome to the Championship............

Nothing unexpected, solid at the back and lacking quality going forward. Hopefully more progression second half.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Aug 4 with 2338 viewsSmellyplumz

Socks is garbage, how the fk does he get paid for playing. If we are relying on him to score we are buggered.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Aug 4 with 2325 viewsmahoss

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:21 - Aug 4 by JackFish

We look solid enough at the back considering they've had a lot of the ball in our half. Central midfield is crap though. Not sure McBurnie is ready to be first choice either. Celina's had some decent touches though.

Just switched off,bored stiff.........
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Aug 4 with 2297 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:15 - Aug 4 by Shaky

Was that Fulton who just gave the ball away on the edge of the D?

Yep. I’d love us to Woods in.

Slow old game this. Looks hot out there.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:25 - Aug 4 with 2275 viewsSwan91

Defence looks decent.... passing needs to be improved a bit.... Mackay looks decent when on the ball... 4 of our players are playing their first game for us this season with 3 of them being attackers... so makes sense it's not as good as it can be. We are showing signs of trying to build up play.

we could still get a point or even 3 points even though we are still a team trying to work together...who knows how we can be when we have the additions and all the players start gelling together.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:25 - Aug 4 with 2259 viewsGlyn1

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Aug 4 by mahoss

Just switched off,bored stiff.........

Thank you for your input.

Please switch on again in 5 minutes.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 18:26]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:26 - Aug 4 with 2247 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Aug 4 by Smellyplumz

Socks is garbage, how the fk does he get paid for playing. If we are relying on him to score we are buggered.

Looks like he should be playing at Ashleigh Road. With Fulton.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:26 - Aug 4 with 2246 viewsBadlands

Decent start with the number of new players but a few are already causing me some concern.
Carroll and Fulton are offering the same as last season ... nothing.
Not convinced McBurnie is going to score as a lone striker.
Connor has continued his weak form of pre-season.
McKay has shown a few tricks but needs to get in the game more.
Celia and Asoro are light weight.

Routledge would have given us more creative play from midfield and Dyer would have more knowledge of the type of play.
But, another season where I don't see many goals.

It shows we need more practice together and a few more signings.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:26 - Aug 4 with 2219 viewsJackBaston

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:23 - Aug 4 by Smellyplumz

He'll come good, shown a few glimpses of creative play
1 if Mckay couldve controlled wouldve seen us score

I think we're being overun in midfield, defence looks shakey at times, other than that look good
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:27 - Aug 4 with 2192 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Back 4 playing well fair play

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:27 - Aug 4 with 2191 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:26 - Aug 4 by Badlands

Decent start with the number of new players but a few are already causing me some concern.
Carroll and Fulton are offering the same as last season ... nothing.
Not convinced McBurnie is going to score as a lone striker.
Connor has continued his weak form of pre-season.
McKay has shown a few tricks but needs to get in the game more.
Celia and Asoro are light weight.

Routledge would have given us more creative play from midfield and Dyer would have more knowledge of the type of play.
But, another season where I don't see many goals.

It shows we need more practice together and a few more signings.

Yeah but apart from all that, Mr Happy.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Aug 4 with 2158 viewsThurrockJack92

The team clearly has quite a bit more gelling to do, beefing up the midfield will go a long way to achieving that. On a side note, it's so refreshing to see a winger in a swans shirt taking on and beating a defender, been a few years since that has happened.
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Aug 4 with 2146 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:26 - Aug 4 by WarwickHunt

Looks like he should be playing at Ashleigh Road. With Fulton.

He looks like a pikey sniffing around for some scrap. No way in hell there's 10/15 goals a season in him.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Aug 4 with 2120 viewsDippy

Looking at it.. Leroy Fer could be a good addition to our midfield..

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:29 - Aug 4 with 2107 viewsGlyn1

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Aug 4 by LeonWasGod

Yep. I’d love us to Woods in.

Slow old game this. Looks hot out there.

Exactly.

It must be roasting.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:31 - Aug 4 with 2011 viewsLoyal

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Aug 4 by ThurrockJack92

The team clearly has quite a bit more gelling to do, beefing up the midfield will go a long way to achieving that. On a side note, it's so refreshing to see a winger in a swans shirt taking on and beating a defender, been a few years since that has happened.

Tommy Butler 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:41 - Aug 4 with 1718 viewsShaky

Should have scored there.

Blistering pace from McKay a good thing, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:41 - Aug 4 with 1712 viewsmahoss

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:25 - Aug 4 by Glyn1

Thank you for your input.

Please switch on again in 5 minutes.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 18:26]

I,l try but it's painful..........
The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:43 - Aug 4 with 1679 viewsWingstandwood

The Official Sheffield Utd Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 18:31 - Aug 4 by Loyal

Tommy Butler 👍

A profound (according to some) 'dressing-room' influence apparently and THE Red Adair of 'intermediary' facilitation employed by the club in a 'meet-and-greet' role to help new SCFC signings settle in.

If we have a cr@p team this season we can take solace from Jenkins apologists, happy-clappers and dim-witted over-sentimental supporters ( of type that think Routledge still has a lot to offer) that there will be a few players whom are "good-in-the-dressing-room".

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024