Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maximising profits 18:45 - Aug 25 with 4331 viewsJackfath

Selling hotdogs on the concourse a few minutes before half time.

Whatever next?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Maximising profits on 10:35 - Aug 26 with 807 viewsJackfath

Maximising profits on 10:30 - Aug 26 by Catullus

Yes, because when the North bank was full you couldn't get out for a pastie and get back to your spot without missing 20 mins of the game!!
I understand trying to maximise profits but they may be onto a loser, a half time flyer told me sales were very much down because people thought half the money went to the owners (which it doesn't) and they weren't giving those people any more money!

I noted yesterday that the first prize for the flyer was £250. It used to be £1000, I think.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Maximising profits on 11:43 - Aug 26 with 753 viewsmajorraglan

Maximising profits on 10:35 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I noted yesterday that the first prize for the flyer was £250. It used to be £1000, I think.

It seems to have dropped, I wonder if that’s because sales or down or if the club are taking a larger share of the proceeds? I seem remember going to a Cardiff Devils match a few years ago and their flyer was at least £250 and the crowd was only around 2,000
Maximising profits on 11:47 - Aug 26 with 750 viewsCatullus

Maximising profits on 11:43 - Aug 26 by majorraglan

It seems to have dropped, I wonder if that’s because sales or down or if the club are taking a larger share of the proceeds? I seem remember going to a Cardiff Devils match a few years ago and their flyer was at least £250 and the crowd was only around 2,000

Did you not read my post, no money from flyer sales goes to the club, it goes to charity or to prize money, a 50/50 split after any expenses......the flyer seller told me!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Maximising profits on 12:05 - Aug 26 with 730 viewsWhiterockin

Maximising profits on 09:39 - Aug 26 by derijack

I think the issue here is putting money in the yanks and some of the sellouts pockets.

If this was suggested 5 years ago I'm sure the reaction would have been positive.

I'm of the same opinion though, money grabbing bastards

I noticed pre match in the Riverside yesterday sales were very poor. Most of the staff were hanging around doing nothing. Many in there were watching the early kick off and bought nothing. I think people are hitting the Americans by spending nothing apart from match tickets.

I know the catering is probably franchised, but if sales drop the value of the franchise will and the tender value next time round will be less.
Maximising profits on 12:20 - Aug 26 with 715 viewsbuilthjack

Maximising profits on 10:35 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I go and watch Hereford a few times a year as it's not far away and a few mates support them. Even with crowds of around 3000, they always give a first prize of about £750.
They surely don't sell more than about 1500. Which would be a 50/50 split.
Are we saying that the sellers only sell around 500 tickets?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Maximising profits on 12:28 - Aug 26 with 700 viewsJackfath

Maximising profits on 12:20 - Aug 26 by builthjack

I go and watch Hereford a few times a year as it's not far away and a few mates support them. Even with crowds of around 3000, they always give a first prize of about £750.
They surely don't sell more than about 1500. Which would be a 50/50 split.
Are we saying that the sellers only sell around 500 tickets?

There didn't seem to be as many in the tombola as they used to be. There was far more than 500 though.

Maximising profits on 12:42 - Aug 26 with 686 viewsheadcleaner

It's a sad state of affairs that that side of the club can only come up with a 3rd kit, an ever shrinking fanzone pi$$ poor ideas like hot dogs round the stand, over priced beer in plastic glasses on a concourse to watch stuttering live streams on a 40" tv. Did anyone stay and watch the late game? At what cost and who's taking numbers? Are the trust keeping tabs on these ideas? They should make it public who's ideas these are because if it's a 700k exec then he's surplus to requirements
Maximising profits on 14:57 - Aug 26 with 653 viewsmajorraglan

Maximising profits on 11:47 - Aug 26 by Catullus

Did you not read my post, no money from flyer sales goes to the club, it goes to charity or to prize money, a 50/50 split after any expenses......the flyer seller told me!!

No, missed it. If it goes to Charity then fair enough, but I wasn’t aware of that being the case.
Login to get fewer ads

Maximising profits on 15:06 - Aug 26 with 645 viewsAndy1300

Maximising profits on 14:57 - Aug 26 by majorraglan

No, missed it. If it goes to Charity then fair enough, but I wasn’t aware of that being the case.

They changed the prize structure last season, possibly to sell more tickets, more chance of winning one of the 3 prizes

As for the catering, didn't the club take that 'in house'?

Number 1 team in Wales

Maximising profits on 15:06 - Aug 26 with 645 viewsTenbySwan

Maximising profits on 14:57 - Aug 26 by majorraglan

Kev John's announced when doing the draw yesterday that 50% goes to the Swansea City community trust and 50% as prize money.,
Maximising profits on 15:19 - Aug 26 with 630 viewspencoedjack

Maximising profits on 20:55 - Aug 25 by sainthelens

On the big screen at half time today advertising that the concourse bar would be open after the game to watch the evening game on tv. At £4 a pint were they being serious!!

I bought 2 lagers & a cider for £7.20 (not sure in she undercharged me) in the Cross keys yesterday the same round in the stadium was £14.10

Fuking criminal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024