Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Middlesbrough 18:57 - Aug 28 with 14287 views442Dale

Subs:
2⃣ Joe Rafferty
7⃣ Stephen Dooley
1⃣1⃣ Jordan Williams
1⃣4⃣ Ollie Rathbone
2⃣2⃣ Brendan Moore
2⃣5⃣ Daniel Adshead
3⃣6⃣ Matty Gillam
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 19:01]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 12:01 - Aug 29 with 2039 viewsChaffRAFC

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 11:49 - Aug 29 by dingdangblue

Is it harsh on Gillam to say he really should be scoring chances like that - or at least hitting the target? I know it's difficult because he doesn't seem to get a run of games to prove himself - but then is he not getting a run of games because of finishing like that? He had a great chance v Plymouth last season and also put it over - is he trying too hard or is he just a bit short of being a professional footballer? Looking at the type of player he seems to be - he is going to be judged on his finishing because he's not like a Calvin or Wilbraham who offer more height and strength when they are not scoring.

I don't think it's unfair to say he should be scoring the good chances he gets. Maybe he is trying too hard but I suspect he's a little bit short of being good enough.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 18:59 - Aug 29 with 1697 viewssoulboy

I thought our keeper could have done better on both their goals. He was very slow to react for the first when the initial effort hit the post and thought he should have gone for the cross which led to the second. Anyone agree?
Match thread: Middlesbrough on 19:31 - Aug 29 with 1626 views442Dale

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 18:59 - Aug 29 by soulboy

I thought our keeper could have done better on both their goals. He was very slow to react for the first when the initial effort hit the post and thought he should have gone for the cross which led to the second. Anyone agree?

I’ve seen nothing so far that justifies his signing outside of the injury to Lillis, which happened after he arrived. Moore’s distribution was poor at times last season but if we’re cutting back on passing at the back as we did last night, that shouldn’t be as big a problem and I’d be playing him.

Maybe Norman will grow into the role, but right now he’s much like any other loanee we’ve had: ie. not as good as Lillis.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 22:10 - Aug 29 with 1479 viewsR17ALE

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 01:27 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

It must gall you somewhat that I base my football opinions on what you and others report on the game Its what your good at. I'm always interested in your match reports.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 1:29]

Bizarrely, you didn't even cross my mind when I posted my match thoughts.

And you edited the original post, tellingly.

It's because "I don't come on here to upset anyone" I'd guess.

Quite why you chose to suggest I'm galled by you is astonishing, even by your track record!

Having read Col's thread asking for decorum, I'm extending that to you. But for his plea, you'd have got a mouthful.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 22:54 - Aug 29 with 1413 viewsmacro

Match thread: Middlesbrough on 18:59 - Aug 29 by soulboy

From what I've seen I'd prefer Moore to Norman. Norman fills me with very little confidence, static and hesitant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024