Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Hart 11:46 - Aug 30 with 8927 viewsSaxonDale

Expected to rejoin on loan acc to twitter.
Sam Hart on 21:25 - Aug 30 with 2539 viewsJames1980

Sam Hart on 17:22 - Aug 30 by dawlishdale

He only played 1 full game plus 2 sub appearances for us. Not enough for me to form an opinion on.

I'm amazed that in this loan window, we have signed a keeper and 2 full backs.

We need a striker !!!!!

Club website indicates we have 6 forwards.

Hendo, Calvin, Done, Inman, Gillam and Alby. Hopefully the signing of defensive players means they can play in and concentrate on attacking positions

Just read thread properly I see I have repeated the thoughts of others
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 21:27]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Sam Hart on 21:54 - Aug 30 with 2469 viewsrochdaleriddler

Sam Hart on 21:25 - Aug 30 by James1980

Club website indicates we have 6 forwards.

Hendo, Calvin, Done, Inman, Gillam and Alby. Hopefully the signing of defensive players means they can play in and concentrate on attacking positions

Just read thread properly I see I have repeated the thoughts of others
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 21:27]

Not many goals in that list!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sam Hart on 22:01 - Aug 30 with 2450 viewsJames1980

Sam Hart on 21:54 - Aug 30 by rochdaleriddler

Not many goals in that list!

It's ok they will start to come now they can play in their natural positions

Sam Hart on 10:15 - Aug 31 with 2197 viewsdawlishdale

Sam Hart on 20:30 - Aug 30 by macro

Henderson
Wilbraham
Inman
Andrew
Gillam
Dooley
Done

All whether you like it or not can play as a striker, I'd be amazed if one came in. At half time on Tuesday I said a left sided defender would come in as it was a weak area.

Thanks Macro,

However, based on league games so far

Henderson: Usually played in midfield. Clearly our biggest goal threat.

Wilbraham: Although he is almost certain to be our biggest earner, he's shown very little to date, and if I didn't know better, I'd say his legs have gone, meaning he is slow and can't jump.

Inman: Scored 2 at Burton from advanced midfield. I seem to remember this is how he played at Crewe. Can't recall him playing as an out and out striker.

Andrew: Still works very hard, and is also a good defender, but just won't/can't score anywhere near enough.

Gillam: Has bags of skill, but looks slow to my untrained eye. Don't consider him a viable striker at this stage of his career.

Dooley: Didn't go to Middlesborough, so can't comment, but thought he was a winger.

Done: Probably the biggest let down in the entire squad, alongside Wilbraham. Done is a shadow of the player we sold to Blades, and looks totally bereft of confidence, whether playing at full back or up front (once this season?)

Still think we need a striker.
Sam Hart on 12:12 - Aug 31 with 2120 viewsfitzochris

Sam Hart on 10:15 - Aug 31 by dawlishdale

Thanks Macro,

Wilbraham: Although he is almost certain to be our biggest earner, he's shown very little to date, and if I didn't know better, I'd say his legs have gone, meaning he is slow and can't jump.

Inman: Scored 2 at Burton from advanced midfield. I seem to remember this is how he played at Crewe. Can't recall him playing as an out and out striker.

Andrew: Still works very hard, and is also a good defender, but just won't/can't score anywhere near enough.

Gillam: Has bags of skill, but looks slow to my untrained eye. Don't consider him a viable striker at this stage of his career.

Dooley: Didn't go to Middlesborough, so can't comment, but thought he was a winger.

Done: Probably the biggest let down in the entire squad, alongside Wilbraham. Done is a shadow of the player we sold to Blades, and looks totally bereft of confidence, whether playing at full back or up front (once this season?)

Well, Hill has just confirmed he's done in the loan market now, so we're not getting one.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sam Hart on 12:24 - Aug 31 with 2092 viewsJames1980

Sam Hart on 12:12 - Aug 31 by fitzochris

Well, Hill has just confirmed he's done in the loan market now, so we're not getting one.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/august/hill-on-loan-window-closing/ No mention of fans concerns about strikers.

Sam Hart on 14:03 - Aug 31 with 1999 viewssweetcorn

Thanks Macro,

Agree about done, cant believe the clamour in other threads to see him play upfront. I think its a bit of rose tinted glasses to what he did before we sold him to sheffield. This version of matty done isnt the one we’ve sold, he’s lost his pace and with that his timing. He can’t beat a man one on one and can’t beat the offside trap.

For me, done is now a squad player at best.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Sam Hart on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 1972 viewsdingdangblue

Sam Hart on 12:24 - Aug 31 by James1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/august/hill-on-loan-window-closing/ No mention of fans concerns about strikers.

As we all know - we have a rather useful striker already - I'm happy that Hill isn't bringing anyone else in as long as he makes sure our striker is in a position to strike! I'm pretty sure that Hendo has scored the majority of his 92 goals for us inside the box - I'm also pretty sure that he wants to become Rochdale's all time top goalscorer - keeping dropping deep whether it's a personal choice during games or under instruction he'll struggle to get to 100!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 14:42]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Hart on 14:31 - Aug 31 with 1942 viewsmacro

Thanks Macro,

It was never going to happen. We've too many forwards for the style we play already.
Sam Hart on 14:47 - Aug 31 with 1899 viewsrochdaleriddler

Thanks Macro,

But Wilbraham is so experienced though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sam Hart on 15:54 - Aug 31 with 1811 viewsdawlishdale

Sam Hart on 14:31 - Aug 31 by macro

It was never going to happen. We've too many forwards for the style we play already.

Not really disagreeing with you Macro...mor disagreeing with the way in which we choose to play our current "strikers".

let me ask in a different way.

Do you think the players you mention will score enough goals given the way in which they have been played so far this season?
Sam Hart on 16:06 - Aug 31 with 1788 viewsShun

Sam Hart on 14:03 - Aug 31 by sweetcorn

Agree about done, cant believe the clamour in other threads to see him play upfront. I think its a bit of rose tinted glasses to what he did before we sold him to sheffield. This version of matty done isnt the one we’ve sold, he’s lost his pace and with that his timing. He can’t beat a man one on one and can’t beat the offside trap.

For me, done is now a squad player at best.

I agree he’s a shadow of the player we sold, at present, but that’s not to say he won’t ever be that player (or close to it) again. Since he returned to the club I’d wager that he’s spent less than 2 hours playing up front. The only time we’ve seen him up front this season was for the last 20 minutes or so at Fleetwood, where he set up Henderson for the last minute equaliser.

I’d also disagree that he can no longer beat a man, he does it quite often when attacking from LWB, it’s just after that the problem comes - his crossing is poor and he invariably chooses the wrong ball. Given the alternatives we have as forwards, I’d certainly be willing to give him some time up there in the hope that he’ll rediscover that striking instinct again.
Sam Hart on 16:11 - Aug 31 with 1784 viewsColDale

Sam Hart on 16:06 - Aug 31 by Shun

I agree he’s a shadow of the player we sold, at present, but that’s not to say he won’t ever be that player (or close to it) again. Since he returned to the club I’d wager that he’s spent less than 2 hours playing up front. The only time we’ve seen him up front this season was for the last 20 minutes or so at Fleetwood, where he set up Henderson for the last minute equaliser.

I’d also disagree that he can no longer beat a man, he does it quite often when attacking from LWB, it’s just after that the problem comes - his crossing is poor and he invariably chooses the wrong ball. Given the alternatives we have as forwards, I’d certainly be willing to give him some time up there in the hope that he’ll rediscover that striking instinct again.

Done started slowly in both of his two previous spells. it was after Xmas in his first spell, and not to the second season of his second spell before coming into his own. Fingers crossed it will be the same.
Sam Hart on 19:18 - Aug 31 with 1686 viewsdawlishdale

Sam Hart on 14:31 - Aug 31 by macro

Without going all D'alien on you...

You were saying

If we can get Clough playing, this is exactly the sort of player I was alluding to.

Thank God the Directors read this board
Sam Hart on 23:15 - Aug 31 with 1518 viewsD_Alien

Sam Hart on 19:18 - Aug 31 by dawlishdale

Without going all D'alien on you...

You were saying

If we can get Clough playing, this is exactly the sort of player I was alluding to.

Thank God the Directors read this board

Oi!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024