Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread 14:03 - Sep 20 with 25843 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 14:23]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:18 - Sep 22 with 2042 viewssainthelens

We'll done Potter and the pups. Good point up there. Pullis wont be happy which is always a plus. Only 3 points of top 6....set up for a charge now next few weeks.
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:19 - Sep 22 with 2037 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:03 - Sep 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Don’t think so.

They’ve scored 15 and we’ve scored 7 so they’re ahead on goals scored.

No doubt you are correct, BBC only had Goal Difference on their main summary.
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:30 - Sep 22 with 1941 viewslidojack

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:09 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

It's an interesting question.

There's a lot of merit in it as we played without a recognised centre forward in the game against WBA which became the benchmark for the way our football can be played. Difference in that game I guess was we had a prime Michu poised and ready to burst into the box at will.

I'm not sure we can afford to be without Oli at the moment.

It would take a very ballsy decision to drop over half our goals in favour of no recognised striker. Perhaps using it selectively against teams without mobile CB's (i.e Stoke) would yield the best results. Failing that, playing with a second "striker" instead of a 10 could make use of Oli's hold up play.

Linking to that WBA game we could conceivably play three wingers with Routledge at 10. Maybe a bit too ambitious for the likes of Stoke and Boro away, I suppose it depends on what we aim to get out of the game.
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:34 - Sep 22 with 1903 viewslonglostjack

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:06 - Sep 22 by lidojack

Is there an argument that, until we get our first choice midfield fit, we would be better off playing without a striker?
Oli is a poacher and without the creative players behind him playing the passes, or the forward thinking players making runs off his hold up play, it feels like we are at our most creative when building forward with the midfielders.

I know the sample size is small but in a week of 3 tough games we've looked by far and away our most potent against Stoke.

Good shout.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:01 - Sep 22 with 1745 viewsperplex

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:18 - Sep 22 by sainthelens

We'll done Potter and the pups. Good point up there. Pullis wont be happy which is always a plus. Only 3 points of top 6....set up for a charge now next few weeks.

And only seven pts from the relegation places, nice point tho and should have had another in Stoke but for the officials.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 18:05]
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:14 - Sep 22 with 1521 viewsLeonWasGod

At some point we’ve got to get past this block about us having a makeshift side. This IS our side, we’re only 2 regular starters down, and one of them (Celina) is very inexperienced. They need to find a way to start creating and scoring or we’ll not have a good season.

(That’s not a negative about the effort, the players out there or Potter btw. I think Potter’s a breath of fresh air and doing well with the hand he’s been given. Still need positive results though).

A great point today given the current table, but the continued lack of cutting edge could become a problem.
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:24 - Sep 22 with 1493 viewsjasper_T

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:14 - Sep 22 by LeonWasGod

At some point we’ve got to get past this block about us having a makeshift side. This IS our side, we’re only 2 regular starters down, and one of them (Celina) is very inexperienced. They need to find a way to start creating and scoring or we’ll not have a good season.

(That’s not a negative about the effort, the players out there or Potter btw. I think Potter’s a breath of fresh air and doing well with the hand he’s been given. Still need positive results though).

A great point today given the current table, but the continued lack of cutting edge could become a problem.

Celina is in his third senior season. He's played in the Championship. He's played in the Eredivisie. He's not "very inexperienced".
The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 19:38 - Sep 22 with 1469 viewsElmo

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 17:09 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

It's an interesting question.

There's a lot of merit in it as we played without a recognised centre forward in the game against WBA which became the benchmark for the way our football can be played. Difference in that game I guess was we had a prime Michu poised and ready to burst into the box at will.

I'm not sure we can afford to be without Oli at the moment.

Interesting indeed.

Oli is clearly a big part of GP's plans and is trying to get the most out of him by expanding his game. Oli has the versatility to morph into many things.

Michu was a one-off. However Oli has it in him to aim to do a Michu for us right now.

No harm in trying. If I was Oli I would set my sights as high as possible
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:44 - Sep 22 with 1342 viewsCroftyjack

The Official Middlesbrough Versus Swansea City Match Day Thread on 18:01 - Sep 22 by perplex

And only seven pts from the relegation places, nice point tho and should have had another in Stoke but for the officials.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 18:05]

This is where were at in this moment.....were a goal or two away from winning games or a goal against where we lose games and this is a situation where we need to work ass with a winning sequence these kids confidence will be high and anything can open or we go the other way and it may be hard to pick them up from a losing run.

The basics are there but its that goal ratio that needs the work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024