Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another one gone 09:52 - Dec 18 with 5000 viewsDaley_Lama

Adios, José.

Not wholey unsurprising.

Poll: DF in or out

Another one gone on 20:16 - Dec 19 with 1179 viewsfunkkk

Another one gone on 18:06 - Dec 19 by Shun

Ego has nothing to do with it. The biggest club in the world, the richest club in the world, in a league he’s already enjoyed tremendous success in previously - the question is why wouldn’t he have taken the job?

Exactly this. I'm no United fan but, Jesus Christ, it's one of the biggest jobs in world football. Throw in a ridiculous wage, money to spend and a guaranteed payout if it doesn't work, not many would say no.
Another one gone on 22:58 - Dec 19 with 1085 viewssoulboy

Disgraceful decision, he was doing a fantastic job.
Another one gone on 23:05 - Dec 19 with 1082 viewsmingthemerciless

I get the feeling the job is too big for most managers in the world. Maybe Klopp or Guardiola could do it but I think it could be too big for Pochinetto. How long would the young Ferguson have lasted in today's Old Trafford scenario ?

Having said that I can't see Solksjaer being the answer even short term.
Another one gone on 23:19 - Dec 19 with 1077 viewsJames1980

Another one gone on 23:05 - Dec 19 by mingthemerciless

I get the feeling the job is too big for most managers in the world. Maybe Klopp or Guardiola could do it but I think it could be too big for Pochinetto. How long would the young Ferguson have lasted in today's Old Trafford scenario ?

I recall OGS being sited as a 'super sub' by a pundit because of his ability to "read the game' which would make him 'a good manager'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Another one gone on 00:43 - Dec 20 with 1051 viewskiwidale

Another one gone on 23:05 - Dec 19 by mingthemerciless

I agree the job will break most managers. The problem was not Mourinho Van Gall or Moyes The fact is the club is unmanageable (too many ex players sticking there oars in is but one problem) in the traditional sense even Ferguson would now fail. The bizarre decision to appoint Solskjaer as interim manager highlights the fact that united is not a traditional football club. Unlike City and Chelsea among other European giants Manchester united PLC is set up to maximise profit for the Glazziers. Chelsea have Abramovich and City have Arab owners neither of which use there respective clubs for personal profit. Nothing will surprise me at old Trafford the next permanent manager may well be a corporate suit someone more familiar with the boardroom than the football field sure they will have coaches and a head coach under them but the suits will have the final say much the same as it is now. I suspect that Mourinho will find success easier to come by than Manchester United PLC.... just my unqualified opinion of course and as an aside Ferguson controlled Man Unt from top to bottom he was untouchable mainly based on his unparalleled success nobody will ever yield the same power at United ever again.

This is not the time for bickering.

Another one gone on 07:38 - Dec 20 with 1004 viewsEllDale

There's a great piece on the BBC football website (sorry, I'm crap at links) which says that the whole management and coaching structure will have to be overhauled at Old Trafford.

The old structure was based on one man (Ferguson) having complete control but is totally outdated in the modern game. No-one dared to change it whilst Fergie was still around. There's no Director of Football or clear coaching hierarchy.

It also goes on to say that the Academy recruitment procedure needs inspection as well. The fact that players like Wayne Rooney and Darren Fletcher have allowed their sons to go the City Academy rather than point them towards their old club speaks volumes.
Another one gone on 08:57 - Dec 20 with 959 viewsmingthemerciless

Another one gone on 23:19 - Dec 19 by James1980

I recall OGS being sited as a 'super sub' by a pundit because of his ability to "read the game' which would make him 'a good manager'

I don't think Cardiff fans would agree with you.
Another one gone on 09:56 - Dec 20 with 931 viewselectricblue

Lets say that united dont win any of their next 4 matches would they vent their frustration at OGS or blame the board....

Interesting time at utd as OGS didnt exactly become the saviour at Cardiff.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Another one gone on 10:35 - Dec 20 with 917 viewsJames1980

Another one gone on 08:57 - Dec 20 by mingthemerciless

I don't think Cardiff fans would agree with you.

A pundit got it wrong 😦😂

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024