Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club confirm Hill departure 10:38 - Mar 4 with 10829 viewsTomRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/march/club-statement--hill--beech/

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:47 - Mar 4 with 2515 viewsJimmyRustler

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:41 - Mar 4 by rod_leach

I can't help but notice the influx of new posters this last year who appear to think League 1 should be expected. My first game was around 1970 and I've seen a lot of sh1t since then. Not a lot in recent years under Hill. As many have said on social media today, be careful what you hope for.

Who are these so called posters?
Club confirm Hill departure on 18:01 - Mar 4 with 2458 viewsDaleiLama

Club confirm Hill departure on 13:52 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

And just over 12 months since possibly Hill's finest moment, in terms of individual matches

I've still got the recording of Dale v Spurs. Hill's interview by the MOTD pundits in the temporary gantry between Pearl St/Willbutts was a valediction of everything he'd done at Dale up to that point

Such memories are priceless to Dale fans, and whatever the compensation package, he was worth it for the first 10 years of his two tenures

'The darkest hour is just before the dawn'. I wonder what kind of dawn that will be?

Very, very sad day for me this. There is no doubt Hilly loved this club and his success here is undeniable. Like others have already said, I would have preferred we stuck with Keith until Christmas regardless of the outcome of this campaign, but it wasn't to be. The relationship went bad and it's so difficult to go back and build bridges to come back from that. He did it once, but twice was a leap too far.

Despite my normal optimistic disposition, I find it hard to believe anyone will turn this sh1tshow around this year. As for a good appointment going forward ……….

The only good thing that can come of this is that it may reunite the fan base. I have largely kept away from the forum in recent weeks, as I have noticed a lot of other regulars have, because of exactly the kind of sniping Shun referred to the other day. Civil wars rarely justify the collateral losses.

Said in more hope than belief after today's news - Up the Dale?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Club confirm Hill departure on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 2419 viewssweetcorn

Club confirm Hill departure on 17:41 - Mar 4 by MoonyDale

You mean fickle as every other set of fans from every other club? Or are you suggesting that we alone are fickle after 2 years of crap?

I mean fickle like the type of fanbase who turn on their greatest ever player because he has a few bad games and more than once..

I could go digging up the thread, but i cba.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Club confirm Hill departure on 18:17 - Mar 4 with 2380 views49thseason

Unfortunately, sacking the manager does not overcome the essential problem: money buys success and Rochdale AFC Ltd. simply does not generate sufficient profit to support a L1 existence. Having said that, I think it's fair to say KH did not fill the obvious gaps in the squad. Left Back has been a problem position for years as has a commanding, experienced centre Half and the lack of a goal scorer has been evident for too long.
I'm not sure Keith has the ruthlessness that modern football managers seem to have, continually giving chances to some and re-signing others seemed to indicate he liked the familiarity of people he knew more than trusting his ability to find new players.
Whoever comes in will be looking at a huge clear-out in the summer, some will be deserved, some unlucky but I don't envy him the task of building a new squad on a shoestring and pocket fluff.
Club confirm Hill departure on 18:18 - Mar 4 with 2367 viewsMoonyDale

Club confirm Hill departure on 18:10 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

I mean fickle like the type of fanbase who turn on their greatest ever player because he has a few bad games and more than once..

I could go digging up the thread, but i cba.

Wasn't involved in that debate so can't comment, but as this thread isn't about Hendo I don't see your point. You surely can't call fans fickle after enduring the past two seasons though, or can you?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Club confirm Hill departure on 22:04 - Mar 8 with 1935 viewsPGB

The first time I went to Spotland was in 1973, the year the club was demoted to the then Division 4. I know that's not as long as some but longer than most.
I haven't been as consistent an attender over the years as I would like to have been, but under Keith Hill's managership I have seen some of the best and most consistent football ever.
I am have looked at this forum from afar for the past two years and have been appalled by the spiteful and ill-informed comments of many and the derision aimed at those who have defended the manager.
I doubt that the ill considered opinions on here about the manager have persuaded the new board, they probably have their own agenda but to those who will deride this post, if you can be bothered to support your local team, enjoy the dross.
Club confirm Hill departure on 23:02 - Mar 8 with 1771 viewsrochdale_ranger

Club confirm Hill departure on 22:04 - Mar 8 by PGB

The first time I went to Spotland was in 1973, the year the club was demoted to the then Division 4. I know that's not as long as some but longer than most.
I haven't been as consistent an attender over the years as I would like to have been, but under Keith Hill's managership I have seen some of the best and most consistent football ever.
I am have looked at this forum from afar for the past two years and have been appalled by the spiteful and ill-informed comments of many and the derision aimed at those who have defended the manager.
I doubt that the ill considered opinions on here about the manager have persuaded the new board, they probably have their own agenda but to those who will deride this post, if you can be bothered to support your local team, enjoy the dross.

Hill has the backing of the majority on here and other social media outlets. Not much in the way of people registering dissatisfaction at the games either. It’s been two years of dross and the bloke started attacking the fans in the media. As far as I’m concerned he sacked himself. As for those who bemoan the fact that the new generation of fans in their teens and twenties expect league one football, how is that a bad thing?
Club confirm Hill departure on 03:14 - Mar 9 with 1643 viewsstuartcryer

we must applaud kieth Hill and all he has done for the club, however a parting of the waves was nescessary we ARE STILL A LEAGUE ONE SIDE so lets get some positivity back in the club which has been lacking for two years onwards and upwards. who ever be aour manager good luck to them

wardle blue

Login to get fewer ads

Club confirm Hill departure on 03:50 - Mar 9 with 1636 viewskiwidale

Club confirm Hill departure on 03:14 - Mar 9 by stuartcryer

we must applaud kieth Hill and all he has done for the club, however a parting of the waves was nescessary we ARE STILL A LEAGUE ONE SIDE so lets get some positivity back in the club which has been lacking for two years onwards and upwards. who ever be aour manager good luck to them

you simply cant serve up what Hill has done over the length of time that hill has done and expect to keep your job Im sure Hill knew that when Dunphy was pushed, it wasn't just the defeats it was the manner of them. I expect a massive bounce wont be surprised if we go on a winning streak or is it wishful thinking

BBM and TONY ELLIS barmy army
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 6:02]

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024