Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Londonderry or Derry? 22:24 - Apr 15 with 5036 viewsBrynCartwright

Article on BBC News just now about the killing of a teenager in Londonderry by a British soldier in 1972 referred to Londonderry as Derry three times without mentioning Londonderry at all. What is the official BBC strategy on this rather touchy topic?

Kilkenny will know I am sure.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:12 - Apr 19 with 1475 viewstheloneranger

"Journalist Lyra McKee murdered during Derry rioting - police treating death as terrorist incident"

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/she-had-heart-of-gold-t

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:27 - Apr 19 with 1450 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:12 - Apr 19 by theloneranger

"Journalist Lyra McKee murdered during Derry rioting - police treating death as terrorist incident"

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/she-had-heart-of-gold-t

Perhaps we should just chuck another billion over there

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:54 - Apr 19 with 1424 viewsdickythorpe

Dreadful news. RIP

What is the rioting about?
Londonderry or Derry? on 10:43 - Apr 19 with 1403 viewsmagicdaps10

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:54 - Apr 19 by dickythorpe

Dreadful news. RIP

Ignorance.

No other word for it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Londonderry or Derry? on 14:23 - Apr 19 with 1329 viewsGlyn1

"The International Federation of Journalists’ annual list of media workers killed doing their job shows that 84 journalists, camera operators, fixers and technicians died in targeted killings, bomb attacks and cross-fire incidents.

Ten other media staff members who worked as drivers, protection officers and a sales assistant also lost their lives. Six women were among the 94 victims.

Afghanistan, Mexico, Yemen and Syria topped the killing fields for media workers in 2018.

The list includes those caught up in the reign of violence by organised crime in Mexico which remains firmly trained on journalists."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Londonderry or Derry? on 14:26 - Apr 19 with 1328 viewsGlyn1

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:27 - Apr 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps we should just chuck another billion over there

Yes, the Government should invest more money outside of London and the south of England.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Londonderry or Derry? on 15:14 - Apr 19 with 1311 viewsWingstandwood

Londonderry or Derry? on 09:54 - Apr 19 by dickythorpe

Dreadful news. RIP

Basically it's about a bunch of immature tossers using an Easter 'uprising' that happened over a hundred years ago as an excuse to seek an identity by being part of (however stupid and futile) something.

Thrill seeking, downright hooliganism. A riot for riots sake.

You can bet your bottom Dollar 'elders' belonging to dissident republican groups like The 32 County Sovereignty committee will have "stirred things up" amongst impressionable (and already pissed) youth beforehand.

Expect the very dissident republican elders elders to appear sooner rather than later condemning "police brutality" and "British state interference". And funny thing, why they never try to prevent all this in the first place as opposed to acting as agent provocateurs. Common sense says i.e. no rioting/hooliganism = no police turning up = no British state interference.

Argus!

Londonderry or Derry? on 18:46 - Apr 19 with 1230 viewsKilkennyjack

Any people who want to turn the clock back, can have no place in the future.

RIP. So sad.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Londonderry or Derry? on 19:21 - Apr 19 with 1208 viewsSwanjaxs

This has no place in any civilised community, and listen up for anyone who wants to take a cheap shot at me too, the person who fired that shot will hopefully be found and roundly condemned by both community's and not see the light of day ever again nip this in the bud sharpish or it will get out of hand rapidly, the answer lies with both decent law abiding members of the community to get together and basically bang some heads! RIP Lyra McKee ❤

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Londonderry or Derry? on 19:45 - Apr 19 with 1195 viewsWingstandwood

Londonderry or Derry? on 19:21 - Apr 19 by Swanjaxs

This has no place in any civilised community, and listen up for anyone who wants to take a cheap shot at me too, the person who fired that shot will hopefully be found and roundly condemned by both community's and not see the light of day ever again nip this in the bud sharpish or it will get out of hand rapidly, the answer lies with both decent law abiding members of the community to get together and basically bang some heads! RIP Lyra McKee ❤

Despite the tragedy, just like the Omagh bombing outrage this incident will become yet another huge own goal of some magnitude for the paramilitaries... It'll bring people together and fuel a further revulsion towards terrorism.

Today a unionist Arlene Foster (DUP) M.P addressed a large crowd in The Creggan of all places i.e. once a militant republican enclave. Now that truly says something really profound of how things have changed and how times/people have moved on!

That is real testimony of the losing battle and futility of any dissident campaign.

Argus!

Londonderry or Derry? on 20:20 - Apr 19 with 1175 viewsKilkennyjack

Londonderry or Derry? on 19:45 - Apr 19 by Wingstandwood

Despite the tragedy, just like the Omagh bombing outrage this incident will become yet another huge own goal of some magnitude for the paramilitaries... It'll bring people together and fuel a further revulsion towards terrorism.

Today a unionist Arlene Foster (DUP) M.P addressed a large crowd in The Creggan of all places i.e. once a militant republican enclave. Now that truly says something really profound of how things have changed and how times/people have moved on!

That is real testimony of the losing battle and futility of any dissident campaign.

Yes - including the threat that Brexit brings to the decades of peace delivered under the Good Friday Agreement.

Peace for the people first, everything else second.

Londonderry or Derry? on 20:41 - Apr 19 with 1168 viewsexiledclaseboy

The bullet or the bomb won’t unite Ireland. Demographics will see to that in time and entirely peacefully.

Poll: Tory leader

Londonderry or Derry? on 20:46 - Apr 19 with 1159 viewsFlashberryjack

Londonderry or Derry? on 20:20 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

Yes - including the threat that Brexit brings to the decades of peace delivered under the Good Friday Agreement.

Peace for the people first, everything else second.

Brexit ! FFS mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Londonderry or Derry? on 21:56 - Apr 19 with 1137 viewsKilkennyjack

Londonderry or Derry? on 20:46 - Apr 19 by Flashberryjack

Brexit ! FFS mate.

A Tory MP thinks its a factor ...

Londonderry or Derry? on 22:17 - Apr 19 with 1127 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Londonderry or Derry? on 14:26 - Apr 19 by Glyn1

Yes, the Government should invest more money outside of London and the south of England.

I was being sarcastic. Unite Ireland and keep the money.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Londonderry or Derry? on 22:31 - Apr 19 with 1104 viewsSwanjaxs

Londonderry or Derry? on 22:17 - Apr 19 by Brynmill_Jack

I was being sarcastic. Unite Ireland and keep the money.

Keep out of this discussion, your opinion is clouded by meanaial prejudice, go away

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Londonderry or Derry? on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 1085 viewsEbo

Londonderry or Derry? on 20:46 - Apr 19 by Flashberryjack

Brexit ! FFS mate.

One of the reasons the Good Friday agreement worked/was agreed/ ratified was because the border was basically removed between the North and Eire. The only political party to vote against it NOT surprisingly was the DUP.

BREXIT and the majority of Brexiteers are accepting of a hard border (there are two highly educated old Etonians who actually proposed that Eire should just come back to Britain and old style colonial rule.) Visible partition reinstatement. This then basically will invalidate the whole Good Friday agreement.

The agreement that gave Ulster both its place under Westminster control, Stourmont direct control and its place within the EU. Going into the EU all those years ago meant that Catholics in Northern Ireland had to be treated equally - no more restrictions on council housing allocations or tertiary education restrictions etc etc.

Brexit is all about going back to how it was before the EU. IRA mainly supported by Catholics so back to overt discrimination. Do you need any more reasons to understand why this is connected to Brexit?

Guess what today is Good Friday.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Londonderry or Derry? on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 1018 viewsWingstandwood

Just like I previously predicted the very tw@ts responsible for stirring things up and causing all this i.e. the dissident republican 'elders' always crawl out from under a stone post-event to blatantly blame other 'participants' only out doing their job.

The dissident republican leaders never ever blame the real culprits and the cause i.e. themselves! If there were no riots, no petrol bombings and lawlessness there would be no police incursion.

Quote: "Saoradh, a political party that reflects New IRA thinking, released a statement blamed the murder on an 'incursion' by 'heavily armed crown forces' in the Creggan estate, and that the gunman was 'attempting to defend people' from police officers.

Argus!

Londonderry or Derry? on 17:12 - Apr 20 with 944 viewsKilkennyjack

Londonderry or Derry? on 10:18 - Apr 20 by Wingstandwood

Just like I previously predicted the very tw@ts responsible for stirring things up and causing all this i.e. the dissident republican 'elders' always crawl out from under a stone post-event to blatantly blame other 'participants' only out doing their job.

The dissident republican leaders never ever blame the real culprits and the cause i.e. themselves! If there were no riots, no petrol bombings and lawlessness there would be no police incursion.

Quote: "Saoradh, a political party that reflects New IRA thinking, released a statement blamed the murder on an 'incursion' by 'heavily armed crown forces' in the Creggan estate, and that the gunman was 'attempting to defend people' from police officers.

Nancy Pelosi was in the north of Ireland the day after the police raids.
Just one of those things obviously....

Everyone needs to work towards a lasting peace and not undermine the GFA.
Its beyond sad that a young women gets murdered by idiots who only represent themselves.

Londonderry or Derry? on 18:19 - Apr 20 with 924 viewsWingstandwood

Londonderry or Derry? on 17:12 - Apr 20 by Kilkennyjack

Nancy Pelosi was in the north of Ireland the day after the police raids.
Just one of those things obviously....

Everyone needs to work towards a lasting peace and not undermine the GFA.
Its beyond sad that a young women gets murdered by idiots who only represent themselves.

Any parliamentary group wanting a return to the bad old days is destined to certain defeat even if Brexit did play into its hands or agenda. For two reasons i.e. the NI public no longer wants terrorists in their communities and terrorists would be onto a major loser anyhow.

Modern technology incorporating 'drop n' watch' surveillance devices, drone technology, eavesdropping jarking, metadata gathering is the endgame. That's why 'no go' areas no longer exist. South Armagh lost its sniper team because of. No need for hours/days/weeks of manned covert close observation anymore.

And add to that a 'civvy' NI and U.K with 6 million CCTV cameras, number plate recognition, facial recognition and a mass population of bystanders (like with the shooting) with evidence gathering mobile phones etc. Even speed cameras can now photograph in the night from a Kilometre away.

It would be absolutely impossible for example for an active service unit to cross the water without evading detection i.e. it would be videoed by dozens of CCTV cameras on its way. The risk terrorists being caught and paranoia of will ensure there will be no return to past history.

Argus!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024