Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 15:40 - May 9 with 5149 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bit bored today with weather being so crap here so wondering who we rate is worst and best ever players we have had since the millennium, obviously in natural positions.

I know this has been done before but not to my memory just since 2000.

I never had the honour of seeing big reg etc play so be interested to see who gets named, plus the sick part of my mind likes to remember players I wanted to forget.

Will start with Craig Dawson in best 11 and hope Michael Simpkins was in the 2000’s as he was truely woefully bad.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 18:13 - May 10 with 1237 viewselectricblue

Best manager - keith Hill
Worst manager - Steve Eyre

Best player - Lyndon Simmons
Worst player - Matt Dickens

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 10:18 - May 11 with 1116 viewsYadHoDale

Best manager - K Hill
Worst manager - S Eyre

Best Player - I Henderson
Worst Player - K Lord N'Diwa

All time "favourites" Xi:

Taff Edwards

Wayne Evans
Craig Dawson
Alan Johnson
Eric Snookes

Andy Milner
Matt Lund
Peter Ward
EuI Martinez

Grant Holt
Andy Flounders
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 10:45 - May 11 with 1093 viewsMolly

Best Manager---Hill without a doubt

Worst Manager---Eyre

Best player---Dawson (closely followed by Paddy)

Worst player---Simpkins---Even the thought still makes me shudder.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 12:58 - May 11 with 1051 viewsEllDale

At the risk of being pelted with abuse I didn't think that Simpkins was that bad a player.
I can certainly think of plenty who were worse who have played for Dale, especially in the late 1970's and the Barrow spell.
He had a decent delivery on him - I remember going to York when we won there early in the Buckley era and he laid on two great balls into the box that resulted in goals (I think) for Kevin Townson and Leo Bertos.
He would have been a decent wingback in the modern game.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 15:44 - May 11 with 1011 viewsspikey58

Keith Barker anyone? Or was he that bad that we've automatically erased him from our memories?
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 (n/t) on 15:43 - May 13 with 832 viewsdalebound

[Post edited 14 May 2019 10:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024