Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" 21:11 - Aug 13 with 13259 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 22:52 - Aug 13 with 1959 viewsAngelRangelQS

£18m transfer fee, £80,000 a week for the last 20 months, 0 goals, almost 0 effort... welcomed into the pitch like a hero... I’m with Fath on this one.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:10 - Aug 13 with 1846 viewsItchySphincter

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 22:52 - Aug 13 by AngelRangelQS

£18m transfer fee, £80,000 a week for the last 20 months, 0 goals, almost 0 effort... welcomed into the pitch like a hero... I’m with Fath on this one.

I don’t subscribe to not supporting our players and I’m not Andre’s biggest fan but his influence when he came on was massive. He’d had a couple of touches within a few seconds of coming on but even before that as he was taking up his position he completely reorganised the attack and made them more effective. Deserves every bit of praise he receives tonight.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:19 - Aug 13 with 1781 viewsJacket

He didn't pay the fee or set the bonkers wages for THREE AND A HALF YEARS, conkface did in case you've forgotten.

I thought it was newspaper nonsense when he got linked, re-signing him pushed the bounds of credulity to such an extent it couldn't be possible, an unbelievably bad decision, the worst of the lot, so bad you couldn't even write it, particularly for those of us who thought he was shite first time round. But he's a Swansea player so should be supported, I have no great issue with his name being sung particularly if he gets a brace. If that leads to him leaving or is the start of a run of goals, it's all good (as people annoyingly say)!!
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:33 - Aug 13 with 1735 viewsAngelRangelQS

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:10 - Aug 13 by ItchySphincter

I don’t subscribe to not supporting our players and I’m not Andre’s biggest fan but his influence when he came on was massive. He’d had a couple of touches within a few seconds of coming on but even before that as he was taking up his position he completely reorganised the attack and made them more effective. Deserves every bit of praise he receives tonight.

Absolutely. Thought he was great tonight, was talking to the younger players, worked hard.

Still think the introduction was OTT but I’m clearly in a minority
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:35 - Aug 13 with 1732 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:19 - Aug 13 by Jacket

He didn't pay the fee or set the bonkers wages for THREE AND A HALF YEARS, conkface did in case you've forgotten.

I thought it was newspaper nonsense when he got linked, re-signing him pushed the bounds of credulity to such an extent it couldn't be possible, an unbelievably bad decision, the worst of the lot, so bad you couldn't even write it, particularly for those of us who thought he was shite first time round. But he's a Swansea player so should be supported, I have no great issue with his name being sung particularly if he gets a brace. If that leads to him leaving or is the start of a run of goals, it's all good (as people annoyingly say)!!

If you thought he was shite in 15/16, I'm not sure what you were watching. He was our POTY that season.

Three years later he's 29, still in his prime, with only a little extra wear on the tires since his last stint.

Sure £80k (if true) is a huge wage, but it's not like our owners would have spent it elsewhere on the club if they got it back with a loan. I'm thrilled to Ayew back this season, he is going to make a difference.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:40 - Aug 13 with 1717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great business by Jenkins!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) on 23:57 - Aug 13 with 1683 viewsJacket

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:35 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

If you thought he was shite in 15/16, I'm not sure what you were watching. He was our POTY that season.

Three years later he's 29, still in his prime, with only a little extra wear on the tires since his last stint.

Sure £80k (if true) is a huge wage, but it's not like our owners would have spent it elsewhere on the club if they got it back with a loan. I'm thrilled to Ayew back this season, he is going to make a difference.

12 goals and 2 asists is not bad enough to call him a Poty, but it hardly made him our player of the year when Siggy got 11 and 3 assists from midfield in two fewer starts. No one knew what Ayew was doing half the time and had a terrible record of 2 goals in 18 matches in the mid part of the season. I'd expect a bit more consistency than that from a player of the year. All well and good to have a decent start and end to the season, but what were we supposed to do when he went into hibernation for 18 matches? Player of the year!!! What were YOU watching?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 0:00]
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 01:37 - Aug 14 with 1594 viewsNotLoyal

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 22:01 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

Perhaps I need to explain my point with more clarity.

I’ve got no doubt if he sets his mind to it, he could become a huge asset if he stays and is picked. Obviously there are many aspects to this which need sorting.

My point is that it irks somewhat to see him getting the plaudits before a ball has been kicked when there were players this evening who were making their first team debuts. Did the fans chant their names?

As I've said before, being a fan of a man is very odd.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 05:44 - Aug 14 with 1511 viewsWhiterockin

When Ayew was playing with Siggy he often got in the space that Siggy needed and it seemed that it was difficult for both to play in the same team.

Hopefully if he stays this season, he will play slightly behind Borja as a two up front, with Celina in a free role behind these. IMO if this happens we will rip through this league.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 06:34 - Aug 14 with 1470 viewsjackal

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 05:44 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

When Ayew was playing with Siggy he often got in the space that Siggy needed and it seemed that it was difficult for both to play in the same team.

Hopefully if he stays this season, he will play slightly behind Borja as a two up front, with Celina in a free role behind these. IMO if this happens we will rip through this league.

Good point.

If we're stuck with him and he keeps winning matches for us, I for one won't be complaining.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:41 - Aug 14 with 1333 views34dfgdf54

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 01:37 - Aug 14 by NotLoyal

As I've said before, being a fan of a man is very odd.

What has he actually done then?

He failed in keeping us up granted, but it was Jenkins, not him who signed off the huge transfer fee and wages.

This "refused to train" etc is just another myth imo, as it was with Borja, Jordan and several other players accused of it.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:41 - Aug 14 with 1341 viewsbuilthjack

Make him Captain.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:54 - Aug 14 with 1304 viewsMagic_Michu

He may be on too much money (not his fault), he may not have achieved keeping us in the Premier League (again not his fault)...

...what cannot be questioned is that he is way too good for the championship... and if we have a front 4 of Kalulu, Ayew, Borja & Celina we could rip this league to pieces.

To keep him for the season would likely cost us around £4 million in wages... would we ever be able to sign a player for the championship of a quarter of his ability for that sort of money!?!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:59 - Aug 14 with 1285 viewsJackfath

I don’t think anyone is disputing his undoubted talent and ability to score a great deal on this league.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:00 - Aug 14 with 1279 viewsSWANSEYE

In my book when a player wears the Swansea Shirt he gets my support al long as he puts in 100% effort and for me Ayew did that last night and showed what he could do even though it was against a lower tier team.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:02 - Aug 14 with 1269 viewsJackfath

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:00 - Aug 14 by SWANSEYE

In my book when a player wears the Swansea Shirt he gets my support al long as he puts in 100% effort and for me Ayew did that last night and showed what he could do even though it was against a lower tier team.

What about the adulation before he kicked a ball?

(No subject) on 08:04 - Aug 14 with 1261 viewsjasper_T

(No subject) on 23:57 - Aug 13 by Jacket

12 goals and 2 asists is not bad enough to call him a Poty, but it hardly made him our player of the year when Siggy got 11 and 3 assists from midfield in two fewer starts. No one knew what Ayew was doing half the time and had a terrible record of 2 goals in 18 matches in the mid part of the season. I'd expect a bit more consistency than that from a player of the year. All well and good to have a decent start and end to the season, but what were we supposed to do when he went into hibernation for 18 matches? Player of the year!!! What were YOU watching?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 0:00]

We were absolutely awful that season until Guidolin dropped Andre and told him he was a centre forward or nothing. We were nailed on for relegation while he was a regular starter.

Crazy how MOTD highlights can sway perception of a player. Jenkins certainly seemed convinced.
(No subject) on 08:06 - Aug 14 with 1246 viewsjasper_T

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 23:35 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

They're not going to spend it elsewhere because it's money we haven't got. We'll have to make it up with more sales in January and next summer if he doesn't leave.

It doesn't come out of the owners' pockets it comes out of the club's bank account and adds to the debt and deficit.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 8:07]
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:08 - Aug 14 with 1239 viewsThornburyswan

Clearly a fully fit, firing & motivated Andre Ayew would be a huge asset & definitely push us into the top 6 battle, but the financial realities probably mean any sensible offer between now & Sept 2nd would be accepted.

Too much risk with him on current wages unless we/he have no alternate option post 02/09.

That said if Cooper could keep him fit & focused we'd have as good a 10 as there is in this league.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:10 - Aug 14 with 1234 viewsMagic_Michu

Surely with the £40 million sales this summer then there’s no longer a deficit

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:16 - Aug 14 with 1206 viewshobo

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 22:52 - Aug 13 by AngelRangelQS

We've not been paying 80k wages for 20 months, and we would have also received a decent loan fee from Fener
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:51 - Aug 14 with 1132 viewsFireboy2

If ayew plays then surely theres no place for celina, just saying like.
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 09:07 - Aug 14 with 1092 viewsAngelRangelQS

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:16 - Aug 14 by hobo

We've not been paying 80k wages for 20 months, and we would have also received a decent loan fee from Fener

Bargain then
"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 09:15 - Aug 14 with 1068 viewsNotLoyal

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 07:41 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

What has he actually done then?

He failed in keeping us up granted, but it was Jenkins, not him who signed off the huge transfer fee and wages.

This "refused to train" etc is just another myth imo, as it was with Borja, Jordan and several other players accused of it.

I'm not sure what he has done mate, I'm maybe looking for too much sincerity from a mercenary, if he shows some spirit in the coming weeks he could lead us back to the premier League. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to Swansea players, I expect them to play for Swansea.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 09:18 - Aug 14 with 1053 viewsjasper_T

"Swans fans chanting Ayew's name" on 08:10 - Aug 14 by Magic_Michu

Surely with the £40 million sales this summer then there’s no longer a deficit

Got some significant wages off the books but the parachute payment dropped £10m at the same time. One off payments solve the immediate debt problem but until all the legacy contracts are gone we're still running at a big deficit. We can't bank on selling two £15-20m players every summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024