Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new 'keeper 12:47 - Oct 7 with 6709 viewstimcocking

Had both feet in mid air when the penalty was taken, obviously giving himself literally no chance to make what was a pretty easy save. I'd have saved that, i'm sure.

He must be thick.
The new 'keeper on 23:17 - Oct 7 with 1581 viewsqpr1976

Lets just be honest.....we miss Smithies !
The new 'keeper on 08:43 - Oct 8 with 1439 viewsPinnerPaul

The new 'keeper on 23:17 - Oct 7 by qpr1976

Lets just be honest.....we miss Smithies !

Having said that, didn't cover himself in glory shipping 4 v WBA.

No major rickets as such but he will have been disappointed with a couple of those at least.
The new 'keeper on 09:29 - Oct 8 with 1403 viewsessextaxiboy

Name one decent Scottish goalkeeper .... Jim Leighton or Andy Goram anyone ?

Right behind him if he is in our shirt , but I think we need to look elsewhere and/or get Dieng back in Jan ..
The new 'keeper on 09:41 - Oct 8 with 1387 viewsUruguayanRanger

Maybe, just maybe, none of us actually have a clue how to save a penalty from a professional footballer, other than "ah well he should have dived the right way".
The new 'keeper on 09:53 - Oct 8 with 1371 viewsessextaxiboy

The new 'keeper on 09:41 - Oct 8 by UruguayanRanger

Maybe, just maybe, none of us actually have a clue how to save a penalty from a professional footballer, other than "ah well he should have dived the right way".

True , but lots of us have watched people who do have a clue over many years ...

and dancing about on the line in the vain attempt to distract the taker , or dropping down on to one knee while the ball goes the other way are not, in my watching experience effective strategies .
The new 'keeper on 10:11 - Oct 8 with 1349 viewsfrancisbowles

The new 'keeper on 09:29 - Oct 8 by essextaxiboy

Right behind him if he is in our shirt , but I think we need to look elsewhere and/or get Dieng back in Jan ..

No disrespect to you essex but I think it's a little early to be writing him off yet. I agree certain things about him have not been satisfactory but he is probably nervous after having to wait for his chance and maybe trying too hard to impress as well as winning over new fans.

Seem to remember Smithies having similar nerves, without the stupidity, after having to wait his chance.
The new 'keeper on 10:13 - Oct 8 with 1344 viewsAntti_Heinola

amazing lack of patience considering your lengthy backing of Redknapp!

Bare bones.

The new 'keeper on 10:46 - Oct 8 with 1318 viewsCamberleyR

Bryan Gunn and Neil Sullivan (although not Scots born) were decent keepers.

Before my time but my dad always says that Spurs' goalie in their double winning team, Bill Brown, was very good but never got the international recognition he should as back then there was a noted bias towards Scotland based players.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

The new 'keeper on 12:04 - Oct 8 with 1265 viewsessextaxiboy

The new 'keeper on 10:11 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

No disrespect to you essex but I think it's a little early to be writing him off yet. I agree certain things about him have not been satisfactory but he is probably nervous after having to wait for his chance and maybe trying too hard to impress as well as winning over new fans.

Seem to remember Smithies having similar nerves, without the stupidity, after having to wait his chance.

Arrgh ! I am not writing him off .

See the bit I wrote about being right behind him when he is wearing our shirt . Sit next to me at a game and you will not hear one word of criticism out loud .

Cant wait for him to have a decent game and read a thread entitled "Kelly Haters " .

[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 12:10]
The new 'keeper on 12:06 - Oct 8 with 1254 viewsessextaxiboy

The new 'keeper on 10:13 - Oct 8 by Antti_Heinola

amazing lack of patience considering your lengthy backing of Redknapp!

What you should be amazed at is the consistency .

Substitute "while he is wearing our shirt" for "while he is in our dugout" .
The new 'keeper on 12:18 - Oct 8 with 1229 viewsessextaxiboy

The new 'keeper on 10:46 - Oct 8 by CamberleyR

Bryan Gunn and Neil Sullivan (although not Scots born) were decent keepers.

Before my time but my dad always says that Spurs' goalie in their double winning team, Bill Brown, was very good but never got the international recognition he should as back then there was a noted bias towards Scotland based players.

Sullivan was born in England , played every professional game in England . Its not in the genes but in the culture, the youth coaching and the general poor standard of the Scottish game IMO
The new 'keeper on 12:32 - Oct 8 with 1214 viewsDannyPaddox

The new 'keeper on 09:41 - Oct 8 by UruguayanRanger

I heard a theory years ago that the best way for a keeper to tell which way the penalty taker is going to send the ball is to watch the knees because no feint or Panenka can disguise what the knees are saying because the knees don’t lie. I guess it’s not the answer tho as surely every goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach would have learnt this by now.
The new 'keeper on 12:38 - Oct 8 with 1207 viewsFrankRightguard

The new 'keeper on 12:32 - Oct 8 by DannyPaddox

I heard a theory years ago that the best way for a keeper to tell which way the penalty taker is going to send the ball is to watch the knees because no feint or Panenka can disguise what the knees are saying because the knees don’t lie. I guess it’s not the answer tho as surely every goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach would have learnt this by now.

I thought it was hips that didn’t lie?
The new 'keeper on 12:56 - Oct 8 with 1185 viewsCamberleyR

The new 'keeper on 12:18 - Oct 8 by essextaxiboy

Sullivan was born in England , played every professional game in England . Its not in the genes but in the culture, the youth coaching and the general poor standard of the Scottish game IMO

Nice moving of the goalposts. You didn't say Scottish goalkeepers who've only played in Scotland. No opinion on Gunn or is he disqualified by playing the majority of his career in England as well?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The new 'keeper on 13:23 - Oct 8 with 1147 viewsDannyPaddox

The new 'keeper on 12:38 - Oct 8 by FrankRightguard

I thought it was hips that didn’t lie?

You could be right.
The new 'keeper on 13:32 - Oct 8 with 1126 viewsfrancisbowles

The new 'keeper on 12:04 - Oct 8 by essextaxiboy

Arrgh ! I am not writing him off .

See the bit I wrote about being right behind him when he is wearing our shirt . Sit next to me at a game and you will not hear one word of criticism out loud .

Cant wait for him to have a decent game and read a thread entitled "Kelly Haters " .

[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 12:10]

Sorry Essex, get the 'right behind him' bit but the words that hinted at lack of patience was 'but I think we need to look elsewhere'.

Anyway, I think we are on the same page, looking for him to improve before we judge too harshly.
The new 'keeper on 13:33 - Oct 8 with 1122 viewsMick_S

The new 'keeper on 13:23 - Oct 8 by DannyPaddox

You could be right.

Is that the bloke from the cafe?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The new 'keeper on 13:37 - Oct 8 with 1106 viewsessextaxiboy

The new 'keeper on 12:56 - Oct 8 by CamberleyR

Nice moving of the goalposts. You didn't say Scottish goalkeepers who've only played in Scotland. No opinion on Gunn or is he disqualified by playing the majority of his career in England as well?

Regarding Gunn I think you are confusing one club loyalty with decent .I really didn't think it was a serious suggestion .I think that he is being suggested sort of makes my point ..
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 13:38]
The new 'keeper on 13:38 - Oct 8 with 1099 viewsTheChef

The new 'keeper on 13:32 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Sorry Essex, get the 'right behind him' bit but the words that hinted at lack of patience was 'but I think we need to look elsewhere'.

Anyway, I think we are on the same page, looking for him to improve before we judge too harshly.

Exactly. Let's see how he gets on rather than slagging him off because he didn't save a penalty (and in my book any professional footballer should be scoring a penalty very time).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The new 'keeper on 14:31 - Oct 8 with 1046 viewsloftboy

The same Jim Leighton who nearly cost United the cup in 1990

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The new 'keeper on 15:35 - Oct 8 with 1002 viewsEsox_Lucius

The new 'keeper on 14:31 - Oct 8 by loftboy

The same Jim Leighton who nearly cost United the cup in 1990

I loved his Dalek in the penalty area impression at Wembley. An abiding memory.

The grass is always greener.

The new 'keeper on 16:05 - Oct 8 with 963 viewsfrancisbowles

The new 'keeper on 15:35 - Oct 8 by Esox_Lucius

I loved his Dalek in the penalty area impression at Wembley. An abiding memory.

Anyone remember the 5-1 at Wembley and how the Scottish keeper wrapped himself around the post as Gerry's rocket flew into the top corner?
The new 'keeper on 16:20 - Oct 8 with 950 viewsDannyPaddox

The new 'keeper on 16:05 - Oct 8 by francisbowles

Anyone remember the 5-1 at Wembley and how the Scottish keeper wrapped himself around the post as Gerry's rocket flew into the top corner?

Like yesterday. That keeper was up there with Benny Hill, Abbot & Costello, and The Goodies. Which I watched a lot of at the time.
The new 'keeper on 18:06 - Oct 8 with 897 viewsPinnerPaul

Happens to them all - very funny if its not your team (See below)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49959997
The new 'keeper on 19:00 - Oct 8 with 864 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The new 'keeper on 13:23 - Oct 8 by DannyPaddox

You could be right.

No mate, that’s chips don’t lie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024