Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread 12:34 - Oct 23 with 25236 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 15:21]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 23:23 - Oct 24 with 4107 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 09:38 - Oct 24 by Andy1300

Did you go on Tuesday? 42 mins before we had a shot on target.

We could still be playing now and still not score

D'you think that matters? You're a real bundle of fun.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 09:59 - Oct 25 with 3890 viewsAndy1300

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 23:23 - Oct 24 by TNT

D'you think that matters? You're a real bundle of fun.

Why would it not matter?

We were awful, we lost 0-3 at home to a team that we usually beat

We failed to beat the bottom 2 clubs

They score the type of goals that we are fond of conceding at times we are usually conceding

I’m just not confident, I’m not alone in thinking like this.

Number 1 team in Wales

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:15 - Oct 25 with 3838 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 09:59 - Oct 25 by Andy1300

Why would it not matter?

They score the type of goals that we are fond of conceding at times we are usually conceding

That's the way I see it although our set piece defending has been alot better since Margetson came in.

Only positive I can see is that their midfield haven't got much in the tank either. Problem being though is pace is their achilles heel at the back, and we have zero. If we are playing balls into Borja's feet all day they'll just dominate us imo.

Not looking forward to it at all. But I always get like this before these games.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 11:17]
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 15:09 - Oct 25 with 3677 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:15 - Oct 25 by 34dfgdf54

That's the way I see it although our set piece defending has been alot better since Margetson came in.

Only positive I can see is that their midfield haven't got much in the tank either. Problem being though is pace is their achilles heel at the back, and we have zero. If we are playing balls into Borja's feet all day they'll just dominate us imo.

Not looking forward to it at all. But I always get like this before these games.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 11:17]

Packs strength is reading the game, sitting and protecting back four. Ralls has decent workrate, makes things tick. What we lack is the creativity, still think Tomlin is shot at this level; Vaulks hasn't featured, Bacuna seems in the doghouse, Paterson is a nutty Jock who can score but has been poor this season. I'd imagine it may well be Tomlin starting though.

Who starts up front dictates the style; Glatzel it's more direct, Ward it's more movement.
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 15:27 - Oct 25 with 3665 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 09:59 - Oct 25 by Andy1300

Why would it not matter?

You certainly are not

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 17:15 - Oct 25 with 3553 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 15:09 - Oct 25 by bluey_the_blue

Packs strength is reading the game, sitting and protecting back four. Ralls has decent workrate, makes things tick. What we lack is the creativity, still think Tomlin is shot at this level; Vaulks hasn't featured, Bacuna seems in the doghouse, Paterson is a nutty Jock who can score but has been poor this season. I'd imagine it may well be Tomlin starting though.

Who starts up front dictates the style; Glatzel it's more direct, Ward it's more movement.

We will dance round him like a Russian ballet on amphet.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 19:05 - Oct 25 with 3448 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 15:09 - Oct 25 by bluey_the_blue

Have you seen them live in the flesh this season?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 19:12 - Oct 25 with 3442 viewsCatullus

I reckon it's got draw written all over it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 20:11 - Oct 25 with 3401 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 19:12 - Oct 25 by Catullus

I reckon it's got draw written all over it.

Aye, the way we’ve been playing I reckon it’ll be -1:-1 !
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 20:55 - Oct 25 with 3351 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 20:11 - Oct 25 by LeonWasGod

Aye, the way we’ve been playing I reckon it’ll be -1:-1 !

We’ll score in the first half and concede late on. Nailed on.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:19 - Oct 25 with 3330 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 20:55 - Oct 25 by MrSwerve

I'm dreading to see the team Cooper will put out sunday.
I would not be surprised if put the same team out as tues
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:24 - Oct 25 with 3322 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 20:55 - Oct 25 by MrSwerve

Wouldn’t surprise me the way recent games have gone. I’m hoping for a performance like the one when Monk took over; might be a bit optimistic though.
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:43 - Oct 25 with 3309 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 19:05 - Oct 25 by builthjack

Have you seen them live in the flesh this season?

All home games except one due to illness... helps having a ST.
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 25 with 3309 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:43 - Oct 25 by bluey_the_blue

All home games except one due to illness... helps having a ST.

Bet u can't wait for your big derby game.
V Bristol city.
I know they are your biggest rivals
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 10:45 - Oct 26 with 3061 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 25 by Nortbankboy

Bet u can't wait for your big derby game.
V Bristol city.
I know they are your biggest rivals

Here's Rangel discussing the match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/25/swansea-city-cardiff-city-south

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 22:52 - Oct 26 with 2574 viewscwm02

Hoping for a win and somebody to do what Pratley did

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 23:21 - Oct 26 with 2543 viewsinspector

we're in a proper crap run of form, they haven't won away.

1-2 loss
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 05:46 - Oct 27 with 2383 viewsepaul

Wide awake, kin knackered but f ucking buzzing for it, bring the scum f uckers on, wanted to sell my ticket after tuesday couldn't stomach the thought of losing at home to them, thats passed.........

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 08:24 - Oct 27 with 2260 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 21:19 - Oct 25 by Nortbankboy

I'm dreading to see the team Cooper will put out sunday.
I would not be surprised if put the same team out as tues

I get the feeling he will be more defensive minded.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 08:30 - Oct 27 with 2252 viewsTimTtam

After some more thinking, I'd like to see something in a similar form to:

............................. Woodman
Naughton . van der Hoorn . Rodon* . Bidwell
................... Dyer . Grimes . Routledge
.................... ⬇️.... Celina ........⬇️
.......................... Ayew . Borja

* If he is fit
Dyer and Routledge would play as wingers who would start in the midfield and can push up onto the wing. They are not midfielders, but they are experienced heads who can spend time in the middle assisting Grimes, who is playing his first derby. It also allows Ayew and Borja to both start up front, and Celina to operate behind them both. If it doesn't work, a new formation can easily be created at half time.

On the bench, I'd have:
Nordfeldt, Roberts, Byers, Peterson, Fulton, Garrick, & Wilmot
I would definitely bring on Peterson at some stage; he deserves to play decent minutes. I'd be tempted to bring on Garrick too. He's not the most skillful yet, but he has speed. For the final sub, Wilmot if Rodon is struggling, otherwise Fulton would be a good sub to help clamp down the midfield.

Let's smash them and move to equal 2nd

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 09:08 - Oct 27 with 2199 viewsgrfn

I would like to see:
Woodman
Naughton VDH Rodon(Wilmot If Rodon unfit) John
Grimes Fulton
Ayew Celina Peterson
Borja
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:05 - Oct 27 with 1962 viewsLibertarian

Dyer and Routledge Start
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:10 - Oct 27 with 1875 viewsGammon

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:05 - Oct 27 by Libertarian

Dyer and Routledge Start

We will need their experience today.
The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:12 - Oct 27 with 1856 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:05 - Oct 27 by Libertarian

Dyer and Routledge Start

Ayew up front, Celina at 10.

Naughton for Roberts.

Prioritising experience here and probably wise.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 11:13]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:18 - Oct 27 with 1782 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Cardiff City Match Thread on 11:12 - Oct 27 by union_jack

Ayew up front, Celina at 10.

Naughton for Roberts.

Prioritising experience here and probably wise.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 11:13]

I’ve given up trying to work out what Cooper is up to. The experience is welcome in any game. Dyer hasn’t even been making the bench lately, Routs barely getting any minutes. Borja’s run his socks off lately and lets CBs know they’ve been in a match.

This may work, I’ve no problem with the team. Just a little confused by the way Cooper goes about things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024