Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What if Macclesfield go bust? 18:13 - Dec 2 with 1804 viewsnoah4x4

The Silkmen face a winding up petition from HMRC on Wednesday whilst the players announced today the intent to strike over unpaid wages. Doesn't sound good.

How sad for the fans as this situation doesn't look like Bury FC style mismanagement and is perhaps merely evidence that small clubs on small gates will struggle to survive in the EFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50634040

However, if they do fail and their 2019-20 results were expunged, Swindon, Grimsby, Carlisle, Morecambe and Cheltenham would be the biggest point losers each suffering a deduction of 3 points. The U's would only lose 1 point after scraping a draw away. That wouldn't affect our league position as Newport, Bradford and others around us would suffer the same fate. We would then be two points closer to some in the top seven. The biggest beneficiary is likely to be Morecambe or Stevenage avoiding relegation.

[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 18:17]
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 19:37 - Dec 2 with 1782 viewsthrillseeker

I doubt HMRC will approve the winding up order - look how many times Seaweed have been to High Court and always get let off
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 19:50 - Dec 2 with 1778 viewsburnsieespana

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 19:37 - Dec 2 by thrillseeker

I doubt HMRC will approve the winding up order - look how many times Seaweed have been to High Court and always get let off

That is because Ron Martin has paid up at the very last moment so question has to be can the owner of Macclesfield pay up?
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 16:17 - Dec 4 with 1727 viewsnoah4x4

Macclesfield HMRC case adjourned until 18th December. They owe £180,000 to HMRC. Sol Campbell backing petition to wind them up as he too is coincidently owed £180,000. But players have been paid this month so strike is off. But it’s a bit odd that Campbell has gone to seaweed given their record with HMRC

EDIT.

Just announced, Silkmen players were NOT paid (as at one hour ago) and they are now planning to boycott Saturdays match v Crewe. Can't see this ending well for Fans......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50657701

[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 21:38]
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 21:43 - Dec 6 with 1673 viewsnoah4x4

Macclesfield v Crewe tomorrow is “suspended” pending EFL investigation into affairs at Macclesfield where unpaid players are refusing to play.

The beginning of the end for the Silkmen with debts of over £400,000?
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 22:14 - Dec 6 with 1668 viewsLeadbelly

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 21:43 - Dec 6 by noah4x4

Macclesfield v Crewe tomorrow is “suspended” pending EFL investigation into affairs at Macclesfield where unpaid players are refusing to play.

The beginning of the end for the Silkmen with debts of over £400,000?

Haven’t the EFL warned the players not to take any action? Withdrawing their labour in the absence of payment seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 19:47 - Dec 8 with 1625 viewsnoah4x4

The sale of Macclesfield FC has allegedly moved forward....

Next winding up court appearance due 18th December. The clock is ticking....
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 11:48 - Dec 20 with 1516 viewswessex_exile

It's not looking good for Macclesfield - docked six points yesterday for failing to fulfil their match against Crewe, with a further four points suspended, and now it looks possible tomorrow's game against Plymuff may not go ahead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50861733

It was sobering on Wednesday afternoon to learn that whilst I was arriving in Manchester for what would be a massive payday for the U's, my taxi driver from Piccadilly was a Bury supporter.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 16:46 - Dec 20 with 1503 viewsnoah4x4

I cannot see Macclesfield surviving this latest blow.

You don't lose a safety certificate because of any trivial breach in a ground with capacity restricted to under 5,000 (hence less governed than under the deeper Taylor Report regulations). Any remedy is likely to be costly. Macclesfield capacity is in theory, 5,911 but they voluntarily close one end.

If all their points are expunged, the fact the U's only got one point is a benefit. Others above us will be deducted three points to our one. Puts our £million windfall from Wednesday night into perspective.
Login to get fewer ads

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 11:04 - Dec 21 with 1464 viewswessex_exile

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 16:46 - Dec 20 by noah4x4

I cannot see Macclesfield surviving this latest blow.

You don't lose a safety certificate because of any trivial breach in a ground with capacity restricted to under 5,000 (hence less governed than under the deeper Taylor Report regulations). Any remedy is likely to be costly. Macclesfield capacity is in theory, 5,911 but they voluntarily close one end.

If all their points are expunged, the fact the U's only got one point is a benefit. Others above us will be deducted three points to our one. Puts our £million windfall from Wednesday night into perspective.

Today's game is definitely off, so I expect the EFL at the very least will impose the suspended 4 points, putting the Silkmen bottom of the league. They could still easily escape relegation, as they'd only be one point behind Morecambe with a vastly superior goal difference - but can they survive off the pitch?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50874781

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 18:04 - Dec 24 with 1408 viewsnoah4x4

Boxing Day, Macclesfield v Grimsby now ON having got the safety prohibition lifted.

But it seems certain the EFL will enforce the suspended deduction of points after they failed to play a second fixture. The Silkmen then face a further winding up hearing in January. They have not played a league game since 30th November, so must be starved of cash flow.

Hopefully a good turn out on Boxing Day might assist. I can't imagine there is much else to do in Macclesfield after the turkey. Warning, the turnstyles at Orient are built for size six models. Best go easy on the pud!
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 08:37 - Jan 14 with 1251 viewsnoah4x4

Unless I am mistaken, Macclesfield are again in court tomorrow pleading for more time to pay the £180k owed to HMRC and similar sum to Sol Campbell.

I wonder, will Saturdays match proceed?
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 10:37 - Jan 14 with 1228 viewsgerry_us

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 08:37 - Jan 14 by noah4x4

Unless I am mistaken, Macclesfield are again in court tomorrow pleading for more time to pay the £180k owed to HMRC and similar sum to Sol Campbell.

I wonder, will Saturdays match proceed?

More likely that we will put six goals past them and then...they will go into administration!
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 16:49 - Jan 14 with 1204 viewsdurham_exile

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 10:37 - Jan 14 by gerry_us

More likely that we will put six goals past them and then...they will go into administration!

Gerry we are long overdue a handsome home victory.

5 or 6 against the Silkmen would do wonders for the confidence prior to the difficult games coming up.

UTU's

Durham_exile

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 17:50 - Jan 14 with 1193 viewsnoah4x4

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 10:37 - Jan 14 by gerry_us

But as things stand, if Macclesfield go bust, we will get deducted merely 1 point. By contrast,

Swindon -3
Exeter -3
Cheltenham -3
Crewe - 0
Plymouth -0
Bradford -1
Forest Green -3
Northampton-0
Colchester -1

We would remain in ninth, but it tightens up ninth to third still further.
What if Macclesfield go bust? on 11:50 - Jan 15 with 1147 viewsdurham_exile

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 17:50 - Jan 14 by noah4x4

But as things stand, if Macclesfield go bust, we will get deducted merely 1 point. By contrast,

Swindon -3
Exeter -3
Cheltenham -3
Crewe - 0
Plymouth -0
Bradford -1
Forest Green -3
Northampton-0
Colchester -1

We would remain in ninth, but it tightens up ninth to third still further.

The Judge in the High Court has adjourned the case until March 2020.

We wait out

UTU's

Durham_exile

What if Macclesfield go bust? on 17:15 - Jan 15 with 1124 viewsnoah4x4

The BBC League Two website now suggests the owner is considering offers to buy the club and clear its £360k debts.

So it is game on for Saturday, but a future still uncertain for the Silkmen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024