Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jan Transfers 08:27 - Jan 3 with 28012 viewsGloucs_R

What do we think then?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qprs-transfer-window-what-rangers-fans-can-e

Eze being valued at £20m I've read. Also read that Spurs value their defender at £4m

Surely the only striker we could afford would be less than a million, therefore the guy in Scotland?

Quite a few are out of contract in the summer.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jan Transfers on 16:49 - Jan 3 with 3158 views00calben

Jan Transfers on 16:10 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Might get better but looks a bog standard Championship centre forward for me. Can't get in ahead of David McGoldrick. £17m.

Clubs willing to pay more for a striker - especially a club looking to survive in the prem. A striker (goals) more likely to be the difference between relegation and survival.

Not that OMc has been particularly prolific in the PL, but 22 league goals last season and the only one in top 6 Champ goalscorers last season who was still at a Championship club. Same with Che Adams (7th on that list) - Soton willing to spend £15m after just one prolific season.

I'm not as optimistic as most that we will get £20m for Eze. Can we really afford to turn down say, £12m? We're only really at the infancy of this sell-for-big-money malarky; Brentford & B.City (citing the Maupay/Webster examples) have been developing and selling players for years
Jan Transfers on 16:56 - Jan 3 with 3124 viewsNorthernr

Jan Transfers on 16:49 - Jan 3 by 00calben

Clubs willing to pay more for a striker - especially a club looking to survive in the prem. A striker (goals) more likely to be the difference between relegation and survival.

Not that OMc has been particularly prolific in the PL, but 22 league goals last season and the only one in top 6 Champ goalscorers last season who was still at a Championship club. Same with Che Adams (7th on that list) - Soton willing to spend £15m after just one prolific season.

I'm not as optimistic as most that we will get £20m for Eze. Can we really afford to turn down say, £12m? We're only really at the infancy of this sell-for-big-money malarky; Brentford & B.City (citing the Maupay/Webster examples) have been developing and selling players for years

Ho about a right back? They're talking £30m for Max Aarons at Norwich...
Jan Transfers on 17:13 - Jan 3 with 3051 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 16:12 - Jan 3 by francisbowles

Yeah, McGoldrick the non scoring striker.

Easy to scoff at his numbers but he's crucial to their play - testament that McBurnie hasn't been able to shift him.

Maybe worth bearing in mind when we dismiss Hugill.
Jan Transfers on 17:16 - Jan 3 with 3040 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 16:56 - Jan 3 by Northernr

You say that as though the game isn't based on attacking full backs these days. Plus he's young, English, actually good...
Jan Transfers on 17:18 - Jan 3 with 3035 viewsNorthernr

Jan Transfers on 17:16 - Jan 3 by rsonist

You say that as though the game isn't based on attacking full backs these days. Plus he's young, English, actually good...

And Eze is...?
Jan Transfers on 17:21 - Jan 3 with 3022 viewsVancouverHoop

Anyone else think that Eze to Burnley, with Wells to us plus cash is a possibility?
Jan Transfers on 17:22 - Jan 3 with 3017 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 17:18 - Jan 3 by Northernr

And Eze is...?

Not an attacking fullback (or ballplaying centre back, or mobile hold up man). A little more niche in other words.
Jan Transfers on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 3010 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 17:21 - Jan 3 by VancouverHoop

Anyone else think that Eze to Burnley, with Wells to us plus cash is a possibility?

Screams Sean Dyche doesn't he.
Login to get fewer ads

Jan Transfers on 17:26 - Jan 3 with 3007 viewsVancouverHoop

Jan Transfers on 17:24 - Jan 3 by rsonist

Screams Sean Dyche doesn't he.

No. But that's kind of why it could work.
Jan Transfers on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 2933 viewsWadR

Jan Transfers on 17:22 - Jan 3 by rsonist

Not an attacking fullback (or ballplaying centre back, or mobile hold up man). A little more niche in other words.

The majority of clubs in the Prem play with wingers and/or a no.10. Think Eze would struggle as a wide man in a 4-4-2 but there's at least half a dozen sides that Eze could slot into immediately imo.

David Brooks went to B'mouth for £12m on the basis of 30 games and 3 goals for Sheff Utd and is a similar style and roughly same age as Eze.

He's got a year and a half left on his deal and clearly there's some ffp wiggle room so the club should 100% be looking for £20m for him.
Jan Transfers on 18:15 - Jan 3 with 2858 viewsconnell10

Eze is the real deal for me and easy worth 20 million, I'd go as far to say that would be a bargain for such a talented lad! Also comes across as grounded and not a trouble maker ! The boy is class make no mistake he will go all the way!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Jan Transfers on 18:55 - Jan 3 with 2764 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Jan Transfers on 16:49 - Jan 3 by 00calben

Definitely turn down £12m. The boy's young, English and precociously talented. Easily worth £20m plus add-ons. QPR has to start somewhere with the sell-for-big-money strategy and they'll not get a better opportunity than with Eze.
Jan Transfers on 18:55 - Jan 3 with 2759 viewsEsox_Lucius

How long has an attacking, creative midfielder been a niche position?

The grass is always greener.

Jan Transfers on 20:28 - Jan 3 with 2640 viewscyprusmel

I would hope we can keep Ezy until the summer.
Must be worth more to us then.
Jan Transfers on 20:57 - Jan 3 with 2565 viewsHitch

Jan Transfers on 10:53 - Jan 3 by paulparker

No way will Jose mourinho sign Eze never in a million years will he play him in one of his teams also If this club get 20 million for him il eat next doors cat
Unless Brighton want mlakar back why do we want back up for wells and hugill ? Unless one gets injured the new loanee isn’t going to play
Carter vickers though would be a good signing

pp do you enjoy eating pussy?
Jan Transfers on 21:00 - Jan 3 with 2558 viewspaulparker

Jan Transfers on 20:57 - Jan 3 by Hitch

pp do you enjoy eating pussy?

Hell yeah

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jan Transfers on 21:09 - Jan 3 with 2528 viewsrsonist

Jan Transfers on 18:15 - Jan 3 by connell10

Eze is the real deal for me and easy worth 20 million, I'd go as far to say that would be a bargain for such a talented lad! Also comes across as grounded and not a trouble maker ! The boy is class make no mistake he will go all the way!

Did I say anything to the contrary.
Jan Transfers on 22:14 - Jan 3 with 2425 viewsGroveR

Jan Transfers on 16:56 - Jan 3 by Northernr

I'd believe that a lot more if arsenal weren't in the picture. Tightest club in that league - the only way they'll pay £30m is if it's structured over 30 years.
Jan Transfers on 22:30 - Jan 3 with 2398 viewsdavman

Thing is that Prem money is insane. Hold out and £20m a'int much to them. Zaha will leave Palace for £50m+ over the next couple of windows and Palace will look to replace him with something. Madison may move on from Leicester for a similar amount.

One such move will trigger the sale of Eze hopefully for the £20m+ we are looking for...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jan Transfers on 23:04 - Jan 3 with 2330 viewsGroveR

Jan Transfers on 22:30 - Jan 3 by davman

Thing is that Prem money is insane. Hold out and £20m a'int much to them. Zaha will leave Palace for £50m+ over the next couple of windows and Palace will look to replace him with something. Madison may move on from Leicester for a similar amount.

One such move will trigger the sale of Eze hopefully for the £20m+ we are looking for...

Palace want £80m for Zaha - Arsenal allegedly offered £40m over 5(!) years - Zaha's apparently unhappy as he understandably wants a move (shìt though Arsenal are). This is how "the big clubs" do business - look at the £40m plus a penny they offered for Suarez - a fùcking liberty.

Sit down with Eze - and his agent - and be crystal clear on where we stand as a club - offers under £10/15/20m (or whatever we value him at) will be rejected - regardless if they're from Spurs, Man Utd, Barcelona or the Harlem Globe Trotters.

"Tapping up" is the disgusting underbelly of football transfers - it happens though and I'm sure we've done it ourselves - this time though we literally cannot afford to get fùcked on this transfer - our survival under FFP depends on it.
Jan Transfers on 10:39 - Jan 4 with 2151 viewsfrancisbowles

Whatever money we get for Eze or any of our players must be spent wisely on cheap young players, who fit within our wage structure and have a good probability of a profit on a future sale.

The money mustn't be wasted on contracts for Hugill or Wells. They don't tick any of the above boxes and they are very patchy with their form. Wells has the odd very good game like the other day but goes long spells without scoring and playing poorly. Hugill has been more consistent with his hold up play but is usually a poor finisher.

We may have to put up with expensive loans for unwanted strikers until we can develop a decent goalscorer or two but we shouldn't be signing them on permanent deals.
Jan Transfers on 10:51 - Jan 4 with 2126 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Jan Transfers on 10:39 - Jan 4 by francisbowles

Whatever money we get for Eze or any of our players must be spent wisely on cheap young players, who fit within our wage structure and have a good probability of a profit on a future sale.

The money mustn't be wasted on contracts for Hugill or Wells. They don't tick any of the above boxes and they are very patchy with their form. Wells has the odd very good game like the other day but goes long spells without scoring and playing poorly. Hugill has been more consistent with his hold up play but is usually a poor finisher.

We may have to put up with expensive loans for unwanted strikers until we can develop a decent goalscorer or two but we shouldn't be signing them on permanent deals.

So all we need to find is a cheap young striker or 2 who score lots of goals every game! If reports that Wells wants to stay here are true then I'd be inclined to offer him a 3 year deal on a reduced wage with promotion bonuses or something similar.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 10:51]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Jan Transfers on 11:05 - Jan 4 with 2099 viewsozexile

Jan Transfers on 22:30 - Jan 3 by davman

Zaha won't go. He likes being the big fish in a small pond. Went into his shell.at Utd.
Jan Transfers on 11:19 - Jan 4 with 2082 viewsDejR_vu

Jan Transfers on 16:05 - Jan 3 by francisbowles

Blimey, is that what they paid for him. Big lump of a centre forward. I suppose most teams need one as something to aim at when they are clearing their lines.

I’m starting to think, given the ridiculous cost of even average strikers, that we’re going to have to develop a system that doesn’t require any; goals coming from midfielders bombing on.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jan Transfers on 12:30 - Jan 4 with 2026 viewsNorthernr

Jan Transfers on 11:19 - Jan 4 by DejR_vu

I’m starting to think, given the ridiculous cost of even average strikers, that we’re going to have to develop a system that doesn’t require any; goals coming from midfielders bombing on.

It’s ok, Charley Kendall becomes the new Clive Allen and we’re set.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024