Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge Away 22:32 - Jan 16 with 1189 viewsGOSBTS

Evening all. Cambridge away will officially be my first U's away game and planning to buy my ticket at the ticket office on Saturday ahead of the Macclesfield game. Has anybody used the Park and Ride before on Newmarket Road on previous trips to the Abbey Stadium? If so, does it fill up early? Also how many fans do you think we'll bring along?
Cambridge Away on 22:56 - Jan 16 with 1179 viewsmfb_cufc

GOSBTS I have not used the Park & Ride myself, but if I was going to the game it would be my preferred option. This was taken off the excellent footballgroundguide.com site, and maybe of some use to you.

From the North

Take the A1 and A14 to Cambridge, heading towards Newmarket. Turn off onto the B1047 sign posted for Cambridge Airport. At the top of the slip road turn right towards Fen Ditton. Go through Fen Ditton until you reach a T Junction, where at the traffic lights you turn right into Newmarket Road. Go straight across the roundabout (there is a McDonalds on one corner) and you will come to Abbey Stadium on your left hand side.

From the South

Take the M11 to Junction 14 and then join the A14 towards Newmarket. Turn off onto the B1047 signposted for Cambridge Airport. Then as North.

From the West:
Take the A428 to Cambridge, then join the A14, heading towards Newmarket. Turn off onto the B1047 signposted for Cambridge Airport. Then as North.

Car Parking

There is no parking available for away fans at the ground. There is some parking to be had on the streets surrounding the stadium. Otherwise some off road car parking is available behind the stadium. To reach this, continue past the ground entrance for another 400 yards and turn left at the traffic lights into Coldhams Lane. Continue for about 300 yards, crossing a small roundabout and over a railway bridge, The car park entrance is on the left about 50 yards beyond the bridge. Thanks to Chris Armstrong for providing the directions and car parking details.

Around a mile and a half away on Newmarket Road on the outskirts of Cambridge is a Park & Ride facility that football fans can use on Saturday match days. Although primarily to take shoppers into the City Centre it passes and will stop near the ground. The cost is £2.50 return per person (or £3 for one adult plus one under 16). After the match there is a dedicated Park & Ride bus parked across from the stadium to take fans back to the park and ride. If following the directions above then you will pass the Park & Ride on your right (its post code is CB5 8AA).

mfb

Cambridge Away on 06:32 - Jan 17 with 1168 viewsLeadbelly

I’ve used the park and ride a couple of times and would recommend it. Last time I arrived around 14.00 and there was no shortage of spaces.

I would imagine we’ll take 1000+ for this game.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cambridge Away on 08:51 - Jan 17 with 1159 viewsGOSBTS

Many thanks mfb and Leadbelly, that's encouraging to hear that as late as 2pm there are usually spaces. Should be a fairly easy trip then. 1000+ will make for a fantastic atmosphere! How many did they bring to the Community Stadium back in the summer?
Cambridge Away on 09:41 - Jan 17 with 1149 viewsdurham_exile

Cambridge Away on 08:51 - Jan 17 by GOSBTS

Many thanks mfb and Leadbelly, that's encouraging to hear that as late as 2pm there are usually spaces. Should be a fairly easy trip then. 1000+ will make for a fantastic atmosphere! How many did they bring to the Community Stadium back in the summer?

GOSBTS - enjoy the game at the Abbey Stadium

Cambridge brought 766 to the JSCS and they won 2-1!!!!

We owe them big time.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Cambridge Away on 14:27 - Jan 17 with 1126 viewsnoah4x4

Cambridge annoy me. They force supporters club coaches to park in an industrial park and it is a ridiculous long walk for our elderly and disable supporters.....

.....But hang on. Colchester United cancelling shuttle buses mean we must all walk even further from the nearest First and Arriva bus stops.

Measures to combat Climate Change? No wonder we all use our cars!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024