Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest statement from Robbie... 22:14 - Apr 2 with 1066 viewswessex_exile

...and a pretty uplifting one at that - made me smile!

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/april/club-statement---covid-19-latest/

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Latest statement from Robbie... on 17:09 - Apr 3 with 1032 viewsburnsieespana

Well done Robbie.
Latest statement from Robbie... on 15:04 - Apr 27 with 946 viewsLeadbelly

Latest statement from Robbie... on 17:09 - Apr 3 by burnsieespana

Well done Robbie.

Club statement today says out of contract players (presumably they mean those about to become so) are not being re-signed, most notable being Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble, Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley.

The chairman is correct in saying other clubs will have to do the same and there will be a lot of players out of contract in the very near future, especially if the season does not resume.

The chairman also says that his other businesses help support the football club. No doubt true but, unfortunately, much of his business empire involves internet recruitment. I have a number of major recruitment firms within my client base and I know from recent conversations that income for them has, unsurprisingly, disappeared almost entirely. I doubt Mr Cowling's companies are faring any better at the moment.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Latest statement from Robbie... on 15:24 - Apr 27 with 937 viewsGOSBTS

Latest statement from Robbie... on 15:04 - Apr 27 by Leadbelly

Club statement today says out of contract players (presumably they mean those about to become so) are not being re-signed, most notable being Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble, Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley.

The chairman is correct in saying other clubs will have to do the same and there will be a lot of players out of contract in the very near future, especially if the season does not resume.

The chairman also says that his other businesses help support the football club. No doubt true but, unfortunately, much of his business empire involves internet recruitment. I have a number of major recruitment firms within my client base and I know from recent conversations that income for them has, unsurprisingly, disappeared almost entirely. I doubt Mr Cowling's companies are faring any better at the moment.

Very honest statement from Robbie. Chairmen around the league will have their own philosophies over how to conduct business, but I personally admire his commitment to trying to pay the staff on his books 100% of their wages, as per their contracts.

Undoubtedly though, losing Prosser, Nouble, Jackson and Comley is a big loss. All 4 have played a big part in why we're vying for promotion. I shan't forget the impact Nouble made in the Swindon match at home when we were 1-0 down. Really hope an upturn in fortunes will lead to some re-signings, as Robbie alluded to.

I don't envy anyone in management positions in businesses at the moment with some of the choices they'll have to make.
Latest statement from Robbie... on 20:16 - Apr 27 with 859 viewsthrillseeker

Sorry Wessex I cannot see what made you smile in this statement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024