Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erected in Bristol this morning 13:55 - Jul 15 with 17889 viewsDrizzy

This will upset a few.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:07 - Jul 19 with 1579 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 13:01 - Jul 19 by Drizzy

Afternoon, Vince.

I think I could revise my first point to simply "stop imprisoning young black people at an absurdly high rate." A non-violent drug offence is just one type of crime where a disparity occurs but let's use it as an example.

A young black person is 5x more likely to be arrested for a drug offence than a young white person. It's 60% more likely that this offence is "proceeded" at a Magistrates court, however, when you look at actual conviction rates there's no disparity.

It's a pattern that's repeated across every type of crime. Hugely disproportionate arrest rates only for conviction rates to show little disparity with other groups.

This has had a cumulative effect over time and we're in a situation where 40% of our young prison population are black.

You don't have to agree with every aspect of BLM to understand why the movement targets the police, not just because of brutality, but because black people clearly aren't receiving equal treatment. I understand why the black community want to defund a police force that is arresting them at absurd rates for crimes they're no more likely to be convicted of.

When you look at stop and search figures, which gives more powers to the police, the problem gets worse. At its height, black people were searched at 10x the rate of other groups despite similar conviction rates. I think this link ( https://fullfact.org/crime/does-stop-search-work/) covers point 3 and the evidence my opinion is based on.

Moving on to point 4 and education here's another link ( https://fullfact.org/education/black-caribbean-pupils-three-times-more-likely-be There was a more detailed study in 2008 with control factors and from memory, the expulsion rate for black kids was around 2.7x the average. I don't doubt that every individual case is different but once again there's a clear pattern of discrimination, from classrooms to courtrooms, black people punished more severely for the same offences.

I don't condone the rioting, looting or violence that has occurred during some of the BLM protests. I agree that it's counterproductive. What I won't do is let the actions of a minority distract from black people's right to equal treatment.

It's not just the social cost of criminalising black people, we've committed £2.5bn to build 6 new prisons to house our ever-increasing prison population whilst we shut down youth centres and libraries. It would genuinely be cheaper to send a young offender to Eton rather than prison. Strip away everything with BLM, are you happy for your money to be used this way?

I'm sorry I didn't address some of the other issues around the curriculum, hate crimes and possible solutions but it was too much to include in one post. I'm not a policy researcher and there's only so much time in the day. I hope that's a decent account of the wider aims of BLM and the evidence that supports claims of institutional racism. Please feel free to question anything I've presented and I'll happily provide a source.

No mention that black people commit 20% of serious crime in the UK. Black people are far more likely to be both the victims and perpetrators of knife crime in London.
The police have a very difficult job protecting the public from knife crime if they cannot target the criminals.

As far as drug use is concerned are there any figures on which ethic groups are more likely to use illegal drug?

If you don't want want to get arrested for possession and dealing don't use drugs.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:13 - Jul 19 with 1577 viewsHighjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 13:01 - Jul 19 by Drizzy

Afternoon, Vince.

I think I could revise my first point to simply "stop imprisoning young black people at an absurdly high rate." A non-violent drug offence is just one type of crime where a disparity occurs but let's use it as an example.

A young black person is 5x more likely to be arrested for a drug offence than a young white person. It's 60% more likely that this offence is "proceeded" at a Magistrates court, however, when you look at actual conviction rates there's no disparity.

It's a pattern that's repeated across every type of crime. Hugely disproportionate arrest rates only for conviction rates to show little disparity with other groups.

This has had a cumulative effect over time and we're in a situation where 40% of our young prison population are black.

You don't have to agree with every aspect of BLM to understand why the movement targets the police, not just because of brutality, but because black people clearly aren't receiving equal treatment. I understand why the black community want to defund a police force that is arresting them at absurd rates for crimes they're no more likely to be convicted of.

When you look at stop and search figures, which gives more powers to the police, the problem gets worse. At its height, black people were searched at 10x the rate of other groups despite similar conviction rates. I think this link ( https://fullfact.org/crime/does-stop-search-work/) covers point 3 and the evidence my opinion is based on.

Moving on to point 4 and education here's another link ( https://fullfact.org/education/black-caribbean-pupils-three-times-more-likely-be There was a more detailed study in 2008 with control factors and from memory, the expulsion rate for black kids was around 2.7x the average. I don't doubt that every individual case is different but once again there's a clear pattern of discrimination, from classrooms to courtrooms, black people punished more severely for the same offences.

I don't condone the rioting, looting or violence that has occurred during some of the BLM protests. I agree that it's counterproductive. What I won't do is let the actions of a minority distract from black people's right to equal treatment.

It's not just the social cost of criminalising black people, we've committed £2.5bn to build 6 new prisons to house our ever-increasing prison population whilst we shut down youth centres and libraries. It would genuinely be cheaper to send a young offender to Eton rather than prison. Strip away everything with BLM, are you happy for your money to be used this way?

I'm sorry I didn't address some of the other issues around the curriculum, hate crimes and possible solutions but it was too much to include in one post. I'm not a policy researcher and there's only so much time in the day. I hope that's a decent account of the wider aims of BLM and the evidence that supports claims of institutional racism. Please feel free to question anything I've presented and I'll happily provide a source.

“ This has had a cumulative effect over time and we're in a situation where 40% of our young prison population are black”

This would suggest that the magistrates and judges and juries are all racist too as well as the entire CPS.

Honestly this nonsense that everybody at every step of the ladder is massively racist is just, well, nonsense.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:18 - Jul 19 with 1569 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:13 - Jul 19 by Highjack

“ This has had a cumulative effect over time and we're in a situation where 40% of our young prison population are black”

This would suggest that the magistrates and judges and juries are all racist too as well as the entire CPS.

Honestly this nonsense that everybody at every step of the ladder is massively racist is just, well, nonsense.

Utter nonsense that jurors are racists.
A black man is actually less likely than a white man to be convicted by a jury.
As too longer sentences white men are more likely to plead guilty before trial and as a result will receive a discount on their sentence. It is called playing the system.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:09 - Jul 20 with 1502 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:13 - Jul 19 by Highjack

I didn’t suggest judges and juries were all racist, in fact I said the total opposite. There is little to no disparity in conviction rates. The huge disparity is in the arrest rates ie the racism is at the level of policing.

How do you get it wrong so often?

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:15 - Jul 20 with 1499 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:07 - Jul 19 by felixstowe_jack

No mention that black people commit 20% of serious crime in the UK. Black people are far more likely to be both the victims and perpetrators of knife crime in London.
The police have a very difficult job protecting the public from knife crime if they cannot target the criminals.

As far as drug use is concerned are there any figures on which ethic groups are more likely to use illegal drug?

If you don't want want to get arrested for possession and dealing don't use drugs.

Waffling nonsense. What is serious crime exactly?

Are you suggesting black people are more likely to use drugs? Find some evidence to support or it’s just baseless tripe. Like most things you say.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:43 - Jul 20 with 1493 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:09 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

I didn’t suggest judges and juries were all racist, in fact I said the total opposite. There is little to no disparity in conviction rates. The huge disparity is in the arrest rates ie the racism is at the level of policing.

Why don't you understand that police arrest people committing crimes. If a certain group commit far more crimes than the % of that group in the population more of that Group will be arrested and charged prorata.
You should be asking that group why do they think they should be immune from arrest for criminal acts?

The police have a very difficult facing armed and dangerous criminal every day. They should not be attacked just for doing their jobs and or the public.

The recent attacks on police everytime the try to break up illegal raves and street parties following complaints from local residents is unacceptable . Large gathering with the risks of Coronavirus are unacceptable.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:44 - Jul 20 with 1492 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:15 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

Waffling nonsense. What is serious crime exactly?

Are you suggesting black people are more likely to use drugs? Find some evidence to support or it’s just baseless tripe. Like most things you say.

Just read the crime statistics.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 09:38 - Jul 20 with 1474 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:43 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

Why don't you understand that police arrest people committing crimes. If a certain group commit far more crimes than the % of that group in the population more of that Group will be arrested and charged prorata.
You should be asking that group why do they think they should be immune from arrest for criminal acts?

The police have a very difficult facing armed and dangerous criminal every day. They should not be attacked just for doing their jobs and or the public.

The recent attacks on police everytime the try to break up illegal raves and street parties following complaints from local residents is unacceptable . Large gathering with the risks of Coronavirus are unacceptable.

In terms of drug offences, unless black people are 5x as likely to be in possession of drugs, the police are arresting them at a disproportionate rate.

There’s nothing that suggests black people are more likely to be carrying drugs other than the arrest rate itself. It’s circular logic.

I don’t advocate attacking the police at all, however, the data suggests there’s an institutional problem with how they target black people.

Login to get fewer ads

Erected in Bristol this morning on 09:57 - Jul 20 with 1468 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 09:38 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

In terms of drug offences, unless black people are 5x as likely to be in possession of drugs, the police are arresting them at a disproportionate rate.

There’s nothing that suggests black people are more likely to be carrying drugs other than the arrest rate itself. It’s circular logic.

I don’t advocate attacking the police at all, however, the data suggests there’s an institutional problem with how they target black people.

No it does not.
Knife crime in London 66% Carried out by ethnic minorities
Knife crime in UK 37% carried out by ethnic minorities.
20% of UK is ethnic minorities.
% of people who admitted using illegal drugs in last 12 months.
Black 11.7%
White other 9.2%
White british 8.9%
Mixed other 7.2%
Asian 3.4%

Clearly the police, especially in London, are targeting the groups most likely to be in possession of knives and drugs. That is good policing not institutional racism.

Stats from ONS
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 10:23]

Erected in Bristol this morning on 10:53 - Jul 20 with 1456 viewsHighjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 08:09 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

It was obviously a response to the comment about the young black prison population being 40%. Do you think all those prisoners are there because they A): committed some crime and got caught, charged and convicted within the rule of law and due process or B): they’re just all been picked on and fitted up for being black?

If it’s B) then some of your points may reach some semblance of sense.

But it’s not.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 11:38 - Jul 20 with 1432 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 10:53 - Jul 20 by Highjack

It was obviously a response to the comment about the young black prison population being 40%. Do you think all those prisoners are there because they A): committed some crime and got caught, charged and convicted within the rule of law and due process or B): they’re just all been picked on and fitted up for being black?

If it’s B) then some of your points may reach some semblance of sense.

But it’s not.

F*ck me you're hard work. I'll make this nice and simple:

When you target a certain group at 5x the rate of another, your prison population is going to be skewed towards that group. In the example of drug possession, it's an impossible job to arrest everyone who breaks the law. Black people aren't 5x as likely to be taking or dealing drugs, why are they arresting them at 5x the rate of others?

It's also a fact that you're more likely to receive a custodial sentence if you're black for the same crime and with the same criminal history. That's one of the findings from the Lammy review. There's still disparity in other levels of the justice system it's just particularly bad at the policing level.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 11:44 - Jul 20 with 1428 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 09:57 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

No it does not.
Knife crime in London 66% Carried out by ethnic minorities
Knife crime in UK 37% carried out by ethnic minorities.
20% of UK is ethnic minorities.
% of people who admitted using illegal drugs in last 12 months.
Black 11.7%
White other 9.2%
White british 8.9%
Mixed other 7.2%
Asian 3.4%

Clearly the police, especially in London, are targeting the groups most likely to be in possession of knives and drugs. That is good policing not institutional racism.

Stats from ONS
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 10:23]

F*ck me did you fail O-level maths?

Your stats show black people are 1.3x as likely to use drugs and mine show they're 5x as likely to be arrested for drug possession. Thanks for proving my point.

Both the knife "crime" figures are actually knife possession. Targeting areas in which gang members operate to find knives is good policing. Randomly searching thousands of black people to find a knife 5% of the time isn't good policing, particularly when stop and search had little to no effect on knife crime.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 12:49 - Jul 20 with 1409 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 11:44 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

F*ck me did you fail O-level maths?

Your stats show black people are 1.3x as likely to use drugs and mine show they're 5x as likely to be arrested for drug possession. Thanks for proving my point.

Both the knife "crime" figures are actually knife possession. Targeting areas in which gang members operate to find knives is good policing. Randomly searching thousands of black people to find a knife 5% of the time isn't good policing, particularly when stop and search had little to no effect on knife crime.

No my maths are way past O level standards I am happy to trust to use statistical evidence. Not sure what point you are trying to make about knife crime. Black males are FAR more likely to be both the victims and perpetrators of knife crime. If they did not carry knives they could not be convicted of possession, wounding with intent or murder.

The police should increase their stop and search in areas of high knife crime, them maybe they might get the message and stop carrying them which will save many black lives.

I know it is fashionable for the liberal left to defend the perpetrators of crime I prefer to defend the victims.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 1397 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 12:49 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

No my maths are way past O level standards I am happy to trust to use statistical evidence. Not sure what point you are trying to make about knife crime. Black males are FAR more likely to be both the victims and perpetrators of knife crime. If they did not carry knives they could not be convicted of possession, wounding with intent or murder.

The police should increase their stop and search in areas of high knife crime, them maybe they might get the message and stop carrying them which will save many black lives.

I know it is fashionable for the liberal left to defend the perpetrators of crime I prefer to defend the victims.

You’ve stopped peddling sh*te about drugs then. Encouraging progress.

You can’t be convicted of wounding or murder if you’re caught with a knife. We don’t convict people for crimes they could have committed.

We tried increasing stop and search between 2009 and 2011. It didn’t work. They only found a knife 5% of the time and knife crime continued to go up. It’s an especially poor strategy when you combine with cutting 20,000 police officers and closing youth centres.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 14:12 - Jul 20 with 1391 viewsHighjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 11:38 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

F*ck me you're hard work. I'll make this nice and simple:

When you target a certain group at 5x the rate of another, your prison population is going to be skewed towards that group. In the example of drug possession, it's an impossible job to arrest everyone who breaks the law. Black people aren't 5x as likely to be taking or dealing drugs, why are they arresting them at 5x the rate of others?

It's also a fact that you're more likely to receive a custodial sentence if you're black for the same crime and with the same criminal history. That's one of the findings from the Lammy review. There's still disparity in other levels of the justice system it's just particularly bad at the policing level.

“ It's also a fact that you're more likely to receive a custodial sentence if you're black for the same crime and with the same criminal history.”

So the judges are racist then? You said it was the opposite just now. Make up your mind.

Also stats show you’re more likely to be convicted if you’re a male than a female. Does that indicate systemic institutional sexism too?

It’s probably hard work for you because you’re flip flopping all over the place. There are more holes in your strange arguments than there are in Bonnie and Clyde’s car.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:43]

Erected in Bristol this morning on 14:55 - Jul 20 with 1375 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 13:49 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

You’ve stopped peddling sh*te about drugs then. Encouraging progress.

You can’t be convicted of wounding or murder if you’re caught with a knife. We don’t convict people for crimes they could have committed.

We tried increasing stop and search between 2009 and 2011. It didn’t work. They only found a knife 5% of the time and knife crime continued to go up. It’s an especially poor strategy when you combine with cutting 20,000 police officers and closing youth centres.

You just dont get it why are people carrying knives. Only one reason that use them to commit crimes armed robbery is soaring. Police numbers is London have only fallen by a couple of thousand that is another myth you keep peddling. It is a fact that gang crime is rife in London and is dealing drugs. You can bury you head in the sand but it does not change the truth. If you can't do the time don't do the crime. I guess it is easier to moan about victimisation rather than face reality.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 15:00 - Jul 20 with 1373 viewsHighjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 14:55 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

You just dont get it why are people carrying knives. Only one reason that use them to commit crimes armed robbery is soaring. Police numbers is London have only fallen by a couple of thousand that is another myth you keep peddling. It is a fact that gang crime is rife in London and is dealing drugs. You can bury you head in the sand but it does not change the truth. If you can't do the time don't do the crime. I guess it is easier to moan about victimisation rather than face reality.

A lot of people in those areas feel they have to carry knives for protection because everyone else is carrying knives. It’s like the stupid gun argument in America. Never ending circle. This is the culture now in these places.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 17:01 - Jul 20 with 1340 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 14:12 - Jul 20 by Highjack

“ It's also a fact that you're more likely to receive a custodial sentence if you're black for the same crime and with the same criminal history.”

So the judges are racist then? You said it was the opposite just now. Make up your mind.

Also stats show you’re more likely to be convicted if you’re a male than a female. Does that indicate systemic institutional sexism too?

It’s probably hard work for you because you’re flip flopping all over the place. There are more holes in your strange arguments than there are in Bonnie and Clyde’s car.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 14:43]

I didn’t say judges were racist, you like to take quite complicated statistics and reduce them to something you can understand.

The largest disparity between black and white people is in rates of arrests. Some disparity occurs in the probability of the case being proceeded and in the sentencing but it’s nothing compared to the disparity in arrest rates.

There’s no credible evidence to suggest black people are inherently more criminal than other groups other than arguments that stem from the arrest rate. Huge disparities occur in non-violent crimes like drug possession, where millions of people of all races break the law but black people are arrested at 5x the rate of others.

Nice try with the sexism argument but you don’t understand the issue. There’s robust statistical evidence to show the link between criminality and aggression. A much larger number of men show high levels of aggression which is why more men are convicted of violent crime.

There’s also a clear link between crime and poverty, especially with non-violent crime. Black people are disproportionately in poverty. The problem is decades of institutional racism within the police have attached an inherent criminality to black people to justify absurd rates of stop and search and arrests. It’s the reason why rich and successful black people still get harassed by the police. Race is a largely irrelevant factor at most levels of justice other than the police. That’s why BLM targets the police.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 17:28 - Jul 20 with 1329 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 14:55 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

I'm arguing against a failed and expensive startegy for tackling knife crime. I'm not condoning it.

I never said 20,000 was only in London. Did you fail English too? 20,000 is across all of England and Wales in the last 10 years, relevant as we've used stop and search across the same area.

I've never doubted gang crime and drug dealing exists in London. I'd just like some effective strategies to stop it.

Anything else? You've not got much left to say other than platitudes. "Can't do the time don't do the crime" F*cking newt.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 18:27 - Jul 20 with 1305 viewsGlossolalia

Ignoring alleged partiality, if 5% of stop-and-searches end up with a discovered weapon, I'd argue that's a good return. If you've done nothing nothing and you comply, it's very unlikely anything will come of it.

I've been pulled over 14 times since I passed my test, and only 3 times was my driving over-exuberant, shall we say. Compare that to my ex, whose driving is exactly like mine, (bad influence) she's never been pulled over. I don't moan or care about it, because I recognise that males are more likely to have major road accidents, or attempt to drink-drive. Maybe others should do the same. Only when people realise that perhaps they belong to a group more inclined to commit crimes, can change really happen. I apply this to anyone of any race.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 18:33]
Erected in Bristol this morning on 18:35 - Jul 20 with 1299 viewsHighjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 17:01 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

I didn’t say judges were racist, you like to take quite complicated statistics and reduce them to something you can understand.

The largest disparity between black and white people is in rates of arrests. Some disparity occurs in the probability of the case being proceeded and in the sentencing but it’s nothing compared to the disparity in arrest rates.

There’s no credible evidence to suggest black people are inherently more criminal than other groups other than arguments that stem from the arrest rate. Huge disparities occur in non-violent crimes like drug possession, where millions of people of all races break the law but black people are arrested at 5x the rate of others.

Nice try with the sexism argument but you don’t understand the issue. There’s robust statistical evidence to show the link between criminality and aggression. A much larger number of men show high levels of aggression which is why more men are convicted of violent crime.

There’s also a clear link between crime and poverty, especially with non-violent crime. Black people are disproportionately in poverty. The problem is decades of institutional racism within the police have attached an inherent criminality to black people to justify absurd rates of stop and search and arrests. It’s the reason why rich and successful black people still get harassed by the police. Race is a largely irrelevant factor at most levels of justice other than the police. That’s why BLM targets the police.

I understand perfectly. It seems you don’t. I’ll try and put it in terms a small child might understand:

You said “It's also a fact that you're more likely to receive a custodial sentence if you're black for the same crime and with the same criminal history.”

So who are giving these black people custodial sentences whilst letting white people off with the same crime and with the same criminal history? The judges. You are saying they are making preferential decisions based entirely on the defendants skin colour. That’s racist. These were your words not mine. Well technically they were David Lammy’s but you’ve essentially been channeling him for the last few weeks. And I’m not sure how ‘independent’ that lifelong race baiting moronic idiot can possibly be anyway.

So one minute you are saying they are not racist, then you claim it’s a fact that black people are sent to jail where white people would not.

You’re all over the place man.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:55 - Jul 20 with 1272 viewsDrizzy

Erected in Bristol this morning on 18:35 - Jul 20 by Highjack

I understand perfectly. It seems you don’t. I’ll try and put it in terms a small child might understand:

You said “It's also a fact that you're more likely to receive a custodial sentence if you're black for the same crime and with the same criminal history.”

So who are giving these black people custodial sentences whilst letting white people off with the same crime and with the same criminal history? The judges. You are saying they are making preferential decisions based entirely on the defendants skin colour. That’s racist. These were your words not mine. Well technically they were David Lammy’s but you’ve essentially been channeling him for the last few weeks. And I’m not sure how ‘independent’ that lifelong race baiting moronic idiot can possibly be anyway.

So one minute you are saying they are not racist, then you claim it’s a fact that black people are sent to jail where white people would not.

You’re all over the place man.

I didn't call the judges racist. I said they were more likely to give custodial sentences to black people for the same crime and with the same criminal history. The discrepancy is about 1.6x the average. Some discrimination exists but I didn't call it racism. It's a contributing factor to the skewed prison population.

By comparison, the arrest rate for black people in drug possession is 5x the average. It is/was fuelled by stop and search policies. I've seen nothing that suggests black people are 5x as likely to be carrying or dealing drugs. I called this an example of institutional racism because of the scale of discrimination.

Get it now or is basic statistics too much of a challenge for you? The Lammy review was conducted by hundreds of independent policy researchers, not David Lammy himself.

How did you do in O-level maths?

Erected in Bristol this morning on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 1248 viewsHighjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:55 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

I didn't call the judges racist. I said they were more likely to give custodial sentences to black people for the same crime and with the same criminal history. The discrepancy is about 1.6x the average. Some discrimination exists but I didn't call it racism. It's a contributing factor to the skewed prison population.

By comparison, the arrest rate for black people in drug possession is 5x the average. It is/was fuelled by stop and search policies. I've seen nothing that suggests black people are 5x as likely to be carrying or dealing drugs. I called this an example of institutional racism because of the scale of discrimination.

Get it now or is basic statistics too much of a challenge for you? The Lammy review was conducted by hundreds of independent policy researchers, not David Lammy himself.

I didn’t do O-levels because I wasn’t born in the 19th century.

Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:09 - Jul 20 with 1242 viewsGaryjack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 20:55 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

"Some discrimination exists but I didn't call it racism."
So judges discriminating against a particular race is not racism? You've done me mush, i'm in stitches here! Forget your stats etc, you've just pushed your point to the stage that you're now starting to make a complete c0ck of yourself with that statement. As Highjack stated "You're all over the place man".
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 22:19]
Erected in Bristol this morning on 22:25 - Jul 20 with 1214 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Erected in Bristol this morning on 17:28 - Jul 20 by Drizzy

I'm arguing against a failed and expensive startegy for tackling knife crime. I'm not condoning it.

I never said 20,000 was only in London. Did you fail English too? 20,000 is across all of England and Wales in the last 10 years, relevant as we've used stop and search across the same area.

I've never doubted gang crime and drug dealing exists in London. I'd just like some effective strategies to stop it.

Anything else? You've not got much left to say other than platitudes. "Can't do the time don't do the crime" F*cking newt.

Your are even arguing against your own arguments. It is about time the mayor of London sorted out crime in London.

Black people commit far more crimes given their population size especially London. That is why they are arrested more often and convicted.

Some more facts for you to ignore.

Black people are more likely to be found Innocent by juries so our just system gives them a fair trial.
More white people plead guilty than black people. Anyone who pleads guilty gets a lesser sentence in the UK.

it is about time you accepted facts and stopped insulting anyone who uses free speech to point this out.

The majority will not be silenced by the easily offended snowflake generation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024