Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
September 12 new season starts. 16:05 - Jul 24 with 4667 viewsNov77

Transfer window open from 27th July for 10 weeks.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

September 12 new season starts. on 15:06 - Jul 25 with 980 viewslosethedrum

September 12 new season starts. on 13:47 - Jul 25 by stevec

Hence first come first served, frustrating for those of us who miss out but almost certainly a route free of litigation.

Would be good if they looked into actual attendance of games by season ticket holders for last season , some of the midweek games maybe 25% stayed at home to watch Liverpool and other teams on the box in Champions league or streamed the R's game .
So a bit of priority for those who will bother for Rotherham on a freezing tuesday night might be a good factor to consider .
September 12 new season starts. on 15:26 - Jul 25 with 937 viewscolinallcars

September 12 new season starts. on 12:46 - Jul 25 by francisbowles

What is your source for that, Colinallcars?

Unless you have an infectious decision or there is some sort of lockdown law then surely the decision is with the individual? Otherwise there will be accusations of ageism and discrimination, illegal under the 2010 Equality Act.

It was in yesterday's Times which a bloke in the pub showed me. I guess the folk refused tickets would be the ones who are according to govt advise are still shielding until the end of this month. This advise I suppose could be extended to certainnevents like football.
September 12 new season starts. on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 932 viewsLythamR

September 12 new season starts. on 13:47 - Jul 25 by stevec

Hence first come first served, frustrating for those of us who miss out but almost certainly a route free of litigation.

one option would be to suspend/freeze season tickets and not have them for this coming season, then restart the following year on the assumption that attendance restrictions are lifted by then

Season tickets with only a 25% capacity just doesnt work as I think our season ticket levels are 50% plus of capacity

if we go ahead with season tickets this season, members may not get a look in making memberships worthless

Very tricky situation to resolve
September 12 new season starts. on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 898 viewsconnell10

September 12 new season starts. on 12:39 - Jul 25 by colinallcars

I gather clubs will send a health questionnaire to ST holders in order to ascertain their suitabilty to attend. So old geezers and people with certain medical conditions won't gain entry. Harsh, but probably the only way to sort it out for the coming season.

Well ive had a stroke and covid19 so where does that leave me? im not paying £535 to watch games on a poxy computer screen!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

September 12 new season starts. on 15:55 - Jul 25 with 886 viewsmakaveli1882

September 12 new season starts. on 15:06 - Jul 25 by losethedrum

Would be good if they looked into actual attendance of games by season ticket holders for last season , some of the midweek games maybe 25% stayed at home to watch Liverpool and other teams on the box in Champions league or streamed the R's game .
So a bit of priority for those who will bother for Rotherham on a freezing tuesday night might be a good factor to consider .

Honestly doubt there was a single Rangers fan who missed a midweek game so they could watch Liverpool in the Champions league.

More likely to be due to work, family and travel issues.
September 12 new season starts. on 16:08 - Jul 25 with 865 viewsAntti_Heinola

September 12 new season starts. on 10:07 - Jul 25 by terryb

Maybe it is too early for The Championship, but is it for Divisions one & two, The National League & the rest of the pyramid?

They need to start playing again as soon as possible.

Please Queens Park Rangers, don't do as you did in June & complain about the start date (not that they have). You know how that one turned out!

I stand alone, but I still think the club was right to complain. Maybe it was worded badly, maybe it shouldn't have been done publicly, but the date decision was made without consultation and the clubs were told 40 mins before the official announcement was made. Whether it was the right or wrong decision to start when we did is immaterial - to do it in that manner was properly shoddy. But then, that's the EFL for you.

Bare bones.

September 12 new season starts. on 16:20 - Jul 25 with 850 viewskarl

September 12 new season starts. on 10:28 - Jul 25 by terryb

I'm not aware that there is for EFL clubs, but every week that goes by without playing makes it harder to restart.

The National League clubs do receive some income from television, but I have doubts that this applies to the North & South divisions.

There are some expectations that from the Southern/Isthmian Legues downwards they will be allowed spectators. The capacity will be greatly reduced so that the mass gathering rule in not contraveened, but for most clubs they will be allowed to hold what is there normal attendance. ie, allowed to hold 25% of capacity of 2,000 but average attendance is 350.
Plus they will receive bar income!

Certainly at that level, all clubs are crying out to restart.

Similar situation for bulk of SPFL league 1 and 2 clubs up here Terry however the lack of hospitality is their biggest problem.
Peterhead FC only get 500-800 attendances for general league matches but I heard them saying that they sell out their hospitality every game and they rely heavily on that as a major income source. I've seen their hospitality lounge on a TV report and was cramped so distancing will probably make it unprofitable
September 12 new season starts. on 15:50 - Jul 26 with 715 viewsPinnerPaul

Grassroots are allowed to train now, play friendlies in August, with a view to resuming in September.

Don't want to stray to much into CV thread territory, but I'm with AH - if not now then when?

As Government has finally acknowledged with the increase in free flu vaccines there is lots of Non CV disease and illness out there, plus of course all the accidents that befall us.

Life has to go on, well its doesn't HAVE to but the country will be bankrupt and 95% of the population pretty miserable if we don't continue the journey to normality and that includes our beloved football.
Login to get fewer ads

September 12 new season starts. on 16:52 - Jul 26 with 659 viewsManinBlack

If Boris is allowing people to attend sporting events from October it would have been better for the season to start then. I suppose the complication is the Euros postponed to next summer and having enough time between the end of the season for a break before the tournament starts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024