Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid -19 test 09:24 - Aug 6 with 5353 viewsrochdaleriddler

I went yesterday to the pop up drive in site in Littleborough. Massive Queues despite having to book, but all went smoothly and was done in 50 minutes. Results back at 6.00 this morning . Negative.
Not a pleasant experience, but I think everyone that can, should get a test

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid -19 test on 12:45 - Aug 11 with 1771 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 12:28 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

Is this happening anywhere else, either in the UK or in the borough of Rochdale? A cynic might say the council were trying to maintain a rate of infection above the national average, possibly as a means to justify not re-opening schools and/or shutting down pubs. Or sports events...

Or, of course, they might just be concerned for the welfare of the good citizens of Spotland (but not those of Norden & Bamford, for instance)

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 12:33]

Why on earth would the council not want sports events, or schools reopening?. They are targeting the tests at areas with a high infection rate, so not sure why they are not looking after Norden and Bamford. The Council maybe has realised that the Governments performance is so woeful they felt the need to act. Only a rabid Tory or a beneficiary of the largesse that has seen 100’s of millions of £ spaffed away on contracts for useless firms would say they are doing a good job. At be you should get behind the councils efforts, you would if it was Tory run
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 12:46]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Covid -19 test on 12:53 - Aug 11 with 1742 viewsD_Alien

Covid -19 test on 12:45 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

Why on earth would the council not want sports events, or schools reopening?. They are targeting the tests at areas with a high infection rate, so not sure why they are not looking after Norden and Bamford. The Council maybe has realised that the Governments performance is so woeful they felt the need to act. Only a rabid Tory or a beneficiary of the largesse that has seen 100’s of millions of £ spaffed away on contracts for useless firms would say they are doing a good job. At be you should get behind the councils efforts, you would if it was Tory run
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 12:46]

Bollox, and unnecessary

The government's test and trace system is indeed underperforming and would be better managed by local teams rather than a national system. But that's for people reporting symptoms. The reason i'm concerned is the apparent campaign by Andy Burnham to close pubs once schools fully re-open (as they must), putting severe pressure on livelihoods in the hospitality sector as well as the obvious restriction on liberty, when all the indicators show that there's been no increase in hospital admissions/mortality associated with the expected increase in local rates of infection once the lockdown started to ease

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid -19 test on 12:53 - Aug 11 with 1741 viewsisitme

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Some light reading, which makes seven weeks of deaths below the five year average up to the end of July and Covid deaths down to 2%. As Covid deaths have continued to fall I suspect this figure is even lower.

From those figure I suspect total deaths have been below the five year average since the beginning of June.

So why can't I go round to my brother's house?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 12:58]
Covid -19 test on 13:08 - Aug 11 with 1690 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 12:53 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

Bollox, and unnecessary

The government's test and trace system is indeed underperforming and would be better managed by local teams rather than a national system. But that's for people reporting symptoms. The reason i'm concerned is the apparent campaign by Andy Burnham to close pubs once schools fully re-open (as they must), putting severe pressure on livelihoods in the hospitality sector as well as the obvious restriction on liberty, when all the indicators show that there's been no increase in hospital admissions/mortality associated with the expected increase in local rates of infection once the lockdown started to ease

But you didn’t mention Andy Burnham. His message to the govt was sort out your track and trace, so we can avoid having to shut pubs etc to reopen schools. He isn’t campaigning to close pubs. Over 25000 people ‘working’ for serco and others who have actually made meaningful contact with one person each in over 12 weeks is the reason why it is falling to local leaders to sort this shitshow out.
Anyway it’s Tuesday lunchtime, and yet I feel confident to post on here

Covid -19 test on 13:09 - Aug 11 with 1688 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 12:53 - Aug 11 by isitme

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Some light reading, which makes seven weeks of deaths below the five year average up to the end of July and Covid deaths down to 2%. As Covid deaths have continued to fall I suspect this figure is even lower.

From those figure I suspect total deaths have been below the five year average since the beginning of June.

I won’t tell if you do!

Covid -19 test on 13:12 - Aug 11 with 1674 viewsD_Alien

Covid -19 test on 12:53 - Aug 11 by isitme

I think the simple fact is that many people are quietly ignoring the local guidance as far as their loved ones are concerned, whilst taking sensible precautions when out and about with the rest of the population

Covid -19 test on 13:13 - Aug 11 with 1673 viewsD_Alien

Covid -19 test on 13:08 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

But you didn’t mention Andy Burnham. His message to the govt was sort out your track and trace, so we can avoid having to shut pubs etc to reopen schools. He isn’t campaigning to close pubs. Over 25000 people ‘working’ for serco and others who have actually made meaningful contact with one person each in over 12 weeks is the reason why it is falling to local leaders to sort this shitshow out.
Anyway it’s Tuesday lunchtime, and yet I feel confident to post on here

I wouldn't call politically inept knee-jerk posting "confident"

Covid -19 test on 13:18 - Aug 11 with 1646 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 13:13 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

I wouldn't call politically inept knee-jerk posting "confident"

I wouldn’t call a post having a dig at Rochdale council, when you really meant Andy Burnham ‘competent’. Knee jerk? It was a sensible response to your rambling .

Login to get fewer ads

Covid -19 test on 13:21 - Aug 11 with 1640 viewsisitme

Covid -19 test on 13:12 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

I think the simple fact is that many people are quietly ignoring the local guidance as far as their loved ones are concerned, whilst taking sensible precautions when out and about with the rest of the population

Absolutely and that is why it was a pointless thing to do.
Covid -19 test on 14:05 - Aug 11 with 1572 viewsD_Alien

Covid -19 test on 13:18 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

I wouldn’t call a post having a dig at Rochdale council, when you really meant Andy Burnham ‘competent’. Knee jerk? It was a sensible response to your rambling .

I didn't "mean" Andy Burnham in my original post, i meant what i said, Rochdale Council and in particular Allen Brett, but they're birds of a feather

And i meant inept, as your inappropriate knee jerk reaction

I'm enjoying rambling too. Had a lovely walk over the moors at the back of the Oxford yesterday, thanks. Could you manage that?

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 14:06]

Covid -19 test on 15:08 - Aug 11 with 1491 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 14:05 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

I didn't "mean" Andy Burnham in my original post, i meant what i said, Rochdale Council and in particular Allen Brett, but they're birds of a feather

And i meant inept, as your inappropriate knee jerk reaction

I'm enjoying rambling too. Had a lovely walk over the moors at the back of the Oxford yesterday, thanks. Could you manage that?

[Post edited 11 Aug 2020 14:06]

You need to re-read your posts. How is my post ‘inappropriate’ ? What a strange word to use. I go out walking every day, not as far as I’d like with a fecking big ulcer on my toe , why you ask?.

Covid -19 test on 16:03 - Aug 11 with 1441 viewsD_Alien

Covid -19 test on 15:08 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

You need to re-read your posts. How is my post ‘inappropriate’ ? What a strange word to use. I go out walking every day, not as far as I’d like with a fecking big ulcer on my toe , why you ask?.

I was thinking you might enjoy the fresh moorland breeze on these sticky days

Be careful with that ulcer, diabetic in origin? They can lead to much worse, as I'm sure you'll have been advised

Covid -19 test on 16:18 - Aug 11 with 1417 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 16:03 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

I was thinking you might enjoy the fresh moorland breeze on these sticky days

Be careful with that ulcer, diabetic in origin? They can lead to much worse, as I'm sure you'll have been advised

More duff joint related, my left big toe won’t bend, So all pressure is on the joint, it’s been like it for over 5 years, various shoes and insoles haven’t really worked.

Covid -19 test on 18:15 - Sep 9 with 1091 viewsDaleiLama

Covid -19 test on 16:18 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

More duff joint related, my left big toe won’t bend, So all pressure is on the joint, it’s been like it for over 5 years, various shoes and insoles haven’t really worked.

No more tests unless you have symptoms.
October stadia re-opening "under review" - be interesting to see if test cases continue .... St Leger behind closed doors ...... Pompey game(s)?
Marshals patrolling our cities

[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:16]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Covid -19 test on 18:33 - Sep 9 with 1037 viewsD_Alien

Covid -19 test on 18:15 - Sep 9 by DaleiLama

October stadia re-opening "under review" - be interesting to see if test cases continue .... St Leger behind closed doors ...... Pompey game(s)?

Wonder if they'll be given silver badges to wear?

And a "shoot on sight" policy for the lawless
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:33]

Covid -19 test on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 964 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 18:15 - Sep 9 by DaleiLama

Test events suspended

Covid -19 test on 19:04 - Sep 9 with 932 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Covid -19 test on 18:52 - Sep 9 by rochdaleriddler

Test events suspended

How has Steve Dale managed to get his face in the media once again?

Think the chances of live sporting events with spectators before Xmas is gone. Government have far from covered themselves in glory but it’s the mentality of some (predominantly under 25) from what I have seen that makes this inevitable.

Groups of 15 plus on the lash, teens openly joking about it sharing a joint, no masks in shops and no social distancing.

Sadly the 10 to 20 percent will, as usual, bugger it up for everyone else.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Covid -19 test on 19:34 - Sep 9 with 877 viewsrochdaleriddler

Covid -19 test on 19:04 - Sep 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

How has Steve Dale managed to get his face in the media once again?

Think the chances of live sporting events with spectators before Xmas is gone. Government have far from covered themselves in glory but it’s the mentality of some (predominantly under 25) from what I have seen that makes this inevitable.

Groups of 15 plus on the lash, teens openly joking about it sharing a joint, no masks in shops and no social distancing.

Sadly the 10 to 20 percent will, as usual, bugger it up for everyone else.

Saw a mini bus full of ‘lads’ pull up outside town hall on Sunday , all with suitcases so had been away together, then all but one decamped to regal moon.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024