Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No FA cup replays next year 12:27 - Aug 13 with 4889 viewsNigeriamark

Interesting decision. Small clubs holding big teams to a draw will lose out on a money spinning replay ( Spurs & Newcastle for us recently). Probably the right decision but I imagine some premier teams may argue for it to be permanent due to the large number of fixtures they already have.

Prize money also been halved which is another blow for smaller clubs, hopefully only for 1 season
No FA cup replays next year on 21:37 - Aug 16 with 777 viewsTVOS1907

No FA cup replays next year on 21:35 - Aug 16 by boromat

5th Carabao Cup R1
8th EFL Trophy Match 1
12th EFL League One first fixture
15th Carabao Cup R2

If I read it correctly it's going to be a crazy season fixture wise and this could be our first 4 games in Sept.

Considering the lack of fans at cup games how lucrative will they be. Is the award money alone worth us going for them especially with what I imagine will be a much smaller squad packed out with youth. For this single season do we concentrate on the league from the start?

Given there's prize money for every cup win, and we need every penny available, we'd be crazy not to 'go for them'.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No FA cup replays next year on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 757 views442Dale

Honestly believe that playing games regularly is the main thing for now. Results, whilst important, will start to take on more significance once we’re a couple of months into the season and there’s a clear illustration that clubs are able to play every week. There will be an incredible amount of variables at play initially, and we need to try and build a squad that can deal with that as well as possible. From there it’ll take quite a bit of time for everything to settle, which will require some, er, patience from fans.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024