Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... 09:48 - Aug 30 with 6528 viewsCrede_Sign0

Given we need at least 3 forwards to come in ASAP - and we haven’t had sniff of any activity, I thought I’d fire up a thread to fill the void and encourage some healthy (wild) speculation.

So my fear is that we’ll fill 2 of the 3 vacant slots with uninspiring solutions.....
By offering a 6 month contract/pay as you play deal to Calvin or Alby, and the other by loaning a future starlet’ from a premier league club that offers us very little for the season ahead.

So with one spot left - Are we going to get a proven lower league player to plug the goals gap, or should I lower my expectations further.
Even if not proven at a league level, surely we still have enough clout/lure to offer a 20 goal conference north type player the chance to go full time.....

I think we need some good news on the striker this week - and it hadn’t better be option 1 or 2!

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 10:25 - Aug 30 with 6445 viewsjonahwhereru

I hope we get a forward in with a decent amount of experience, something like 100 league games in the bank. I think a target man type who can play with his back to goal and bring the likes of Newby, Lund and Morley into threatening positions is what we need. Could we get one of those, possibly with some championship experience, I doubt it but live in hope.
Could Tony Ellis get his boots on again, cos that type is exactly what we need.
Strange last year we had probably the oldest attack in football, with Hendo, Alby and Andrew and Done well past 30. This season we have Done then Newby at 24 and 3 teenagers. Please no more young inexperienced forwards at this stage.
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:04 - Aug 30 with 6366 viewsboromat

If we could find the next Glen Murray that be great 😂.

Seriously it's hard to know what we'll end up with. Think we'll play the long game. I expect most of the signings might be after the season has started. I should imagine at least one permanent striker to come in and maybe one on loan for the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:08 - Aug 30 with 6353 viewsJames1980

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:04 - Aug 30 by boromat

Seriously it's hard to know what we'll end up with. Think we'll play the long game. I expect most of the signings might be after the season has started. I should imagine at least one permanent striker to come in and maybe one on loan for the season.

Maybe Brighton could loan us the Glenn Murray.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:41 - Aug 30 with 6258 viewsIOMDale

Nicky Maynard hasn’t sorted himself out yet...

UTDNFS

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:50 - Aug 30 with 6240 viewsalderleydale

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:41 - Aug 30 by IOMDale

Nicky Maynard hasn’t sorted himself out yet...

He's staying at Mansfield
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:51 - Aug 30 with 6224 views49thseason

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:08 - Aug 30 by James1980

I think we missed a trick in not signing Humphries when he was released from Fulham. If we do get a few quid from Rathbone I would be tempted to make a cheeky bid.

I think the lad Harry McKirdy at Carlisle that played well against us last season would be worth a 1 season contract, I believe (according to Beech) he is a handful to manage and he
wasn't happy at Carlisle (hard to believe I know...) but on his day he can produce performances. Better a talent than needs some work rather than a no-talent that is a model team-member. Beggars and choosers and all that.
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:05 - Aug 30 with 6196 viewsIOMDale

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:50 - Aug 30 by alderleydale

He's staying at Mansfield

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/wed-love-have-him-d

UTDNFS

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 18:18 - Aug 30 with 5717 viewsNigeriamark

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:04 - Aug 30 by boromat

I agree. Because decent strikers will be demanding big money at the moment I could see us only getting someone in the last few days of the transfer window when players remaining get desperate to not be left without a club. Could be the Accie game before we are at full strength which means 4 league games without one. TBH if it is a decent signing I'd take that
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:04 - Sep 1 with 4996 viewsAtThePeake

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:51 - Aug 30 by 49thseason

I think we missed a trick in not signing Humphries when he was released from Fulham. If we do get a few quid from Rathbone I would be tempted to make a cheeky bid.

I think the lad Harry McKirdy at Carlisle that played well against us last season would be worth a 1 season contract, I believe (according to Beech) he is a handful to manage and he
wasn't happy at Carlisle (hard to believe I know...) but on his day he can produce performances. Better a talent than needs some work rather than a no-talent that is a model team-member. Beggars and choosers and all that.

I don't think we could realistically compete with the wage that Southend offered Humphrys at the time.

Tangled up in blue.

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 13:49 - Sep 1 with 4741 views49thseason

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:04 - Sep 1 by AtThePeake

I don't think we could realistically compete with the wage that Southend offered Humphrys at the time.

Salary isn't everything, its a major mistake made by just about every business. People thrive in places that suit them. You don't know if he might have been happier living closer to his home in Oldham, he might have prefered to be training with BBM. He probably has lots of friends and relatives up here. maybe he could have afforded a better house for less money.
Money is a very poor motivator and unless the club starts to think about the intrinsic and extrinsic proposition of living and playing in the this part of the world and allows the conversation to be simply about how much cash is on the table, we will never be using all the levers at hand to attract players.
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 22:31 - Sep 1 with 4440 viewsNigeriamark

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 13:49 - Sep 1 by 49thseason

Salary isn't everything, its a major mistake made by just about every business. People thrive in places that suit them. You don't know if he might have been happier living closer to his home in Oldham, he might have prefered to be training with BBM. He probably has lots of friends and relatives up here. maybe he could have afforded a better house for less money.
Money is a very poor motivator and unless the club starts to think about the intrinsic and extrinsic proposition of living and playing in the this part of the world and allows the conversation to be simply about how much cash is on the table, we will never be using all the levers at hand to attract players.

How do you know the club aren't painting a bigger picture than just money? I'm fairly sure that to ambitious players they will show that we have a track record of giving young players game time, allowing them to move to bigger clubs etc

Although you are correct in what you say, it's not 100% & some players ( & agents) will put money first
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:35 - Sep 2 with 4081 views49thseason

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 22:31 - Sep 1 by Nigeriamark

How do you know the club aren't painting a bigger picture than just money? I'm fairly sure that to ambitious players they will show that we have a track record of giving young players game time, allowing them to move to bigger clubs etc

Although you are correct in what you say, it's not 100% & some players ( & agents) will put money first

It was a reply to the statement that we can't compete on salary with Southend. I have no doubt the "sell" is much more than just money , especially with young players, the effectiveness of our player improvement system is there for all to see, the only mistake might be to not try to attract the players you want simply because their current salary is higher than you might want to pay. There are lots of players on decent salaries sitting on their backsides every week who might relish the chance to put themselves in the shop window or who are playing and not really enjoying it, maybe not exactly broken toys but not giving 100% either.
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 15:05 - Sep 2 with 3805 viewsNigeriamark

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:35 - Sep 2 by 49thseason

It was a reply to the statement that we can't compete on salary with Southend. I have no doubt the "sell" is much more than just money , especially with young players, the effectiveness of our player improvement system is there for all to see, the only mistake might be to not try to attract the players you want simply because their current salary is higher than you might want to pay. There are lots of players on decent salaries sitting on their backsides every week who might relish the chance to put themselves in the shop window or who are playing and not really enjoying it, maybe not exactly broken toys but not giving 100% either.

Agree totally with this but I think a lot of those players are still going to hold out for big money to as close to transfer deadline as possible. Then they will drop demands and then we have a chance of getting more for our money. I don’t think we will be the only club having to wait either
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 17:13 - Sep 2 with 3626 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:35 - Sep 2 by 49thseason

Why aren’t the agents of those players sitting on their backsides approaching the club informing us that their client is willing to play for us for less than they’re currently being paid?
I suspect it’s because these players unfortunately don’t relish the chance.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 17:17]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 19:07 - Sep 2 with 3402 viewsrkershaw

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 17:13 - Sep 2 by BigDaveMyCock

Why aren’t the agents of those players sitting on their backsides approaching the club informing us that their client is willing to play for us for less than they’re currently being paid?
I suspect it’s because these players unfortunately don’t relish the chance.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 17:17]

Hmmmmmmphreys.........Dale bid rejected!!

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1045291913?-1906:1007
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 19:13]
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 20:00 - Sep 2 with 3283 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 19:07 - Sep 2 by rkershaw

Hmmmmmmphreys.........Dale bid rejected!!

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1045291913?-1906:1007
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 19:13]

Judging by his stats last season he wasn’t sat on his backside was he?

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 10:20 - Sep 4 with 2845 viewsrkershaw

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 20:00 - Sep 2 by BigDaveMyCock

Judging by his stats last season he wasn’t sat on his backside was he?

Kgosi Ntlhe has signed for Barrow!!
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:46 - Sep 4 with 2658 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 10:20 - Sep 4 by rkershaw

Kgosi Ntlhe has signed for Barrow!!

From a wordsmith like your good self I’m a bit disappointed if I’m honest. How about ‘Barrow wheel in Kgosi.’

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:58 - Sep 4 with 2607 viewsShun

Come on fitzo, give us something to hope for. Are any of the 3-4 players we’re after likely to happen?
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:06 - Sep 4 with 2569 viewsCoEDale

Stephen Humphrys has handed in a transfer request at Southend according to Chris Phillips, who is the chief sports reporter for their local paper!
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 12:27 - Sep 4 with 2472 viewsfunkkk

Still 5 or 6 players short according to BBM. He's hopeful of a loan coming in early next week with anything else likely to go to the wire.
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 2164 viewsfinberty

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 11:08 - Aug 30 by James1980

I live across the road from a bloke who looks a bit like Glenn Murray. Will he do?
Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 19:46 - Sep 4 with 2019 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Strikers - even the rumour mill has ground to a halt... on 18:40 - Sep 4 by finberty

I live across the road from a bloke who looks a bit like Glenn Murray. Will he do?

I live next door to a bloke that looks like a milkman, tbh I think he would do.

Absolute shambles.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024