Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's 21:52 - Oct 2 with 955 viewsdurham_exile

After Tuesday night Colchester are left with the FA Cup and the league for honours this season. The former to bring in some much-needed revenue, the latter the much-vaunted promotion.

The Hammers goal that proved to be the difference between the two sides was a bit special and we have now seen three spectacular goals since the weekend fixture against Barrow.

My programme for Saturday against the Latics arrived today and so with my iFollow pass to be obtained tomorrow, I will be all set to enjoy the game from the JSCS.

Harry Kewell has the unenviable task of delivering a positive season for Oldham and they have started poorly. But let us not get carried away that tomorrow will be a walkover. The one thing to say about League Two this year, in these unparalleled times, is that it is so wide open that almost anyone (except Scummend) could win the league.

Therefore, it is all about starting strongly and remaining positive throughout. SB was unhappy with the performance against the Hammers, but it was a much-changed U’s team.

The programme features an in-depth account of Jevani Brown, the player with the ability to become IMHO the player of the season for Colchester. He received little service at Barrow but hitherto has shown his ability and flair in front of goal. 20 goals this season especially if he plays alongside MTC.

And that brings me to the likely line up tomorrow.

Harry Pell is still unfit and although Tom Lapslie and Diaz Wright are both back in training neither will be fit for tomorrow. Therefore, expect a similar line up from SB but I would like to see a bold and innovative team in a 4,3,1,2 formation:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Chilvers Gambin

Brown

Taylor-Crossdale Norris

Subs.
George Sowunmi Harriott Cowan-Hall Scarlett McLeod Tovide

Now I know that Courtney Senior has once again come in for a lot of criticism for his laissez faire approach to his football. He always seems to take one or two touches too many or take on an extra player and loses the ball cheaply or simply runs down a blind alley. He has ability and skill but too often this is wasted and causes frustration amongst the faithful.

Frankly, he should be dropped tomorrow and asked to think seriously about his contribution to the team and his playing style. He is the Jesse Lingard of Colchester United at the moment.

Now I have championed the arrival of Martell Taylor- Crossdale who scored goals for fun in the reserves for Chelsea and Fulham before joining on a season long loan. But apart from 20 minutes at Reading he has been consigned to the training ground and the occasional U23 appearance for our Development squad.

I want SB to name him in the squad tomorrow and for him to get some game time. But ideally start him with Chuck Norris and Jevani Brown and let us see what the three of them can do in a front three. Too radical (perhaps so) but if we are not going to play him why bother to waste everyone’s time.

Interesting to note that Macca Bonne has left Charlton for QPR for a fee in the region of £2m. Happy Days.

The weather in Colchester is forecast for rain showers with a temperature of 14 degrees Celsius with occasional sunny intervals. No need to water the pitch then and the surface will be slick.

However, you watch or listen to the game enjoy it.

Score prediction 4-0 to the Super U’s

(Jevani Brown hattrick)

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 16:52 - Oct 3 with 334 viewsdurham_exile

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 16:50 - Oct 3 by durham_exile

And we have thrown away two points 3-3

Lessons to be learned from today.

Too defensive in the last 10 mins

Durham_exile

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 16:58 - Oct 3 with 324 viewswessex_exile

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 16:52 - Oct 3 by durham_exile

Lessons to be learned from today.

Too defensive in the last 10 mins

Very disappointing, that should have been 3pts all day long. A dreadful decision for the penalty which gave Oldham a life-line, and the confidence to get back in the game. Never mind a lack of firepower up front, the defence looks alarmingly error-prone at the moment - need to get that sorted asap.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 17:07 - Oct 3 with 309 viewsbwildered

Classic example of throwing points away TWICE . Gerken jittery between the posts, looked like to many players getting tired and losing concentration . Still living under the influence of previous manager.
Rubbish to end up with result like that if home side , brill if you were the visitors .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 298 viewsMoor_Pinot

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 16:58 - Oct 3 by wessex_exile

Very disappointing, that should have been 3pts all day long. A dreadful decision for the penalty which gave Oldham a life-line, and the confidence to get back in the game. Never mind a lack of firepower up front, the defence looks alarmingly error-prone at the moment - need to get that sorted asap.

Agree that analysis Wessex. Management is bound to have the weakness of the predecessor. Colchester are not good enough to protect a single goal lead yet spent four seasons trying to prove they could. More of the same today against a poor side. I reconcile myself by reminding myself that mid table is the liklihood if there's a full season. No new players, manager who knows nothing yet and one win in seven games are the facts. Very poor second half and oh so predictable.

Moor Pinot

Latics to be tamed at the JSCS by the Super U's on 17:34 - Oct 3 with 296 viewsnoah4x4

HUMES OUT!

Same old U's. Same old, same old..... Poku, Senior, Chilvers repeatedly losing ball to leave us in danger; no striker; flaky tired defence sitting too deep. At 2-0 this game should have been over. Any other team would have doubled up on danger man Bahamboula who single handedly changed this game. Shocking referee, but that's normal. Gerkin looked bemused at times. Disappointed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024