Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D C UTD a few similarities 13:10 - Oct 9 with 4572 viewsCARDAN

Not that I care a bit about DC United but was just watching Sky Sports News, it was showing the league Tables for the US leagues, I see they are bottom.
So what? Well of course they are owned by the same dooshbags, Investment hedge funds do t make great football clubs custodians for they.
D C UTD a few similarities on 15:10 - Oct 11 with 1029 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 06:23 - Oct 11 by builthjack

"They have injected a significant sum of money into the club and will not ask for it back if certain conditions are met".
What conditions are these ?
So they don't want their money back?
I don't believe that for one minute.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:54]

They want to buy shares in the club while they are cheap. You can presumably buy newly issued shares for £300-400k per 1%. If the club return to the PL they immediately see a 3x value increase. The US owners of the club know the Welsh owners of the club are reluctant to part with cash so the new boy gets his share without diluting the other US owners who invest prorata. Perhaps they like what Cooper is doing. Not a bad first season overall.

They could offer to buy the Welsh shareholders out but will they sell at this price?. I do not think so.

How will the US people get their money back with interset with no fans for an considerable period. ? Selling players is the only way. The loan allows SCFC to trade normally and give the club the option of turning down low ball offers for their players.

What could be the condition of the loan /share purchase. That could be the risk of the Trust procedding ith legal action. In that case the loan will be recovered the club has to have a fire sale and the Trust will be the ones to blame. I would not be surprised if they have already been told that. Push the button and league two beckons. This is called playing hard ball in the US.

Wise sage since Toshack era

D C UTD a few similarities on 18:40 - Oct 11 with 974 viewsBillyChong

D C UTD a few similarities on 15:10 - Oct 11 by ReslovenSwan1

They want to buy shares in the club while they are cheap. You can presumably buy newly issued shares for £300-400k per 1%. If the club return to the PL they immediately see a 3x value increase. The US owners of the club know the Welsh owners of the club are reluctant to part with cash so the new boy gets his share without diluting the other US owners who invest prorata. Perhaps they like what Cooper is doing. Not a bad first season overall.

They could offer to buy the Welsh shareholders out but will they sell at this price?. I do not think so.

How will the US people get their money back with interset with no fans for an considerable period. ? Selling players is the only way. The loan allows SCFC to trade normally and give the club the option of turning down low ball offers for their players.

What could be the condition of the loan /share purchase. That could be the risk of the Trust procedding ith legal action. In that case the loan will be recovered the club has to have a fire sale and the Trust will be the ones to blame. I would not be surprised if they have already been told that. Push the button and league two beckons. This is called playing hard ball in the US.

How would the trust be to blame? Surely the yanks knew what they were buying into. If not then more fool them. “Hard ball” - in that case these hardened businessmen can understand where the trust are coming from if they themselves “push the button”. If we got to league two as you suggest, and they scarpered back across the pond with their tail between their legs you’d be looking at the trust to use their financial resources.
D C UTD a few similarities on 19:19 - Oct 11 with 983 viewsKilkennyjack

Pure guess work.

Beware of the Risen People

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:29 - Oct 11 with 976 viewsCatullus

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:19 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

Pure guess work.

Absolutely right. Our owners are part of a hedge fund and they will one day want more than their money back, they will want profit. Hedge funds do not invest out of kindness.

What Is a Hedge Fund?
Hedge funds are alternative investments using pooled funds that employ different strategies to earn active return, or alpha, for their investors. Hedge funds may be aggressively managed or make use of derivatives and leverage in both domestic and international markets with the goal of generating high returns (either in an absolute sense or over a specified market benchmark). It is important to note that hedge funds are generally only accessible to accredited investors as they require less SEC regulations than other funds. One aspect that has set the hedge fund industry apart is the fact that hedge funds face less regulation than mutual funds and other investment vehicles.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:30 - Oct 11 with 978 viewsChief

And if your last paragraph is correct the vast majority of fan's apprehension will be totally justified&the trust will also be fully justified in proceeding with the case.

The ransomers cannot be allowed to win.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:56 - Oct 11 with 969 viewsbuilthjack

They live in hope of returning to the Premier League though. Very unlikely given than they have invested sweet fa over the last 4 years, whilst selling all the Crown Jewels.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:05 - Oct 11 with 965 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:56 - Oct 11 by builthjack

They live in hope of returning to the Premier League though. Very unlikely given than they have invested sweet fa over the last 4 years, whilst selling all the Crown Jewels.

Yes they can make tough statements&try to bluff the trust, but ultimately if they deliberately handicap the club to the point where we'd tumble down the division's, they wouldn't be very good businessmen would they? Not likely they'll recoup their invest then. Even if they asset strip it's still a long way to £70mill when trying to sell league 1/2 players (let alone the legalities involved).

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:11 - Oct 11 with 963 viewsswan65split

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:19 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

Pure guess work.

Cattle waste more like.
Login to get fewer ads

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:13 - Oct 11 with 962 viewsswan65split

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:56 - Oct 11 by builthjack

this season is probably our last chance to achieve that for a while.
D C UTD a few similarities on 21:06 - Oct 11 with 944 viewsGaryjack

I've said for sometime now that you are clearly bonkers. To take the time to make a post like that which doesn't contain one ounce of fact merely confirms that you're a bit cuckoo!

Presumably, if, could, perhaps. It's full of it right there isn't it!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 21:15]
D C UTD a few similarities on 13:10 - Oct 12 with 880 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:06 - Oct 11 by Garyjack

I've said for sometime now that you are clearly bonkers. To take the time to make a post like that which doesn't contain one ounce of fact merely confirms that you're a bit cuckoo!

Presumably, if, could, perhaps. It's full of it right there isn't it!
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 21:15]

You are one of those posters that target the poster not the contents of the post. I have accused the Trust members of letting the club down by electing unsuitable weak leadership. Are you a member.? If so that includes you.

It logical any investor in the club would want to know about possible legal action against the club owners, and have a way out if action would have adverse affects on the club.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 13:17]

D C UTD a few similarities on 18:24 - Oct 12 with 850 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 13:10 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

You are one of those posters that target the poster not the contents of the post. I have accused the Trust members of letting the club down by electing unsuitable weak leadership. Are you a member.? If so that includes you.

It logical any investor in the club would want to know about possible legal action against the club owners, and have a way out if action would have adverse affects on the club.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 13:17]

But i did comment on the content of your post? I just added that i thought you're a bit cuckoo! Don't take it personally though, i'd say the same to anyone who posted such utter claptrap.

But going back to the point about targeting the poster, several people criticised your post, yet i was the only one you replied to! So why are you always picking on me?
D C UTD a few similarities on 18:28 - Oct 12 with 843 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 18:24 - Oct 12 by Garyjack

But i did comment on the content of your post? I just added that i thought you're a bit cuckoo! Don't take it personally though, i'd say the same to anyone who posted such utter claptrap.

But going back to the point about targeting the poster, several people criticised your post, yet i was the only one you replied to! So why are you always picking on me?

He seems strangely reluctant to comment on D.C. United's atrocitious performance since Levein got involved with them....

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:01 - Oct 12 with 835 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 18:28 - Oct 12 by Chief

He seems strangely reluctant to comment on D.C. United's atrocitious performance since Levein got involved with them....

Give him a day or two and he'll come back and blame the trust!

But yes, it was points such as that i was alluding to.
D C UTD a few similarities on 19:06 - Oct 12 with 826 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:01 - Oct 12 by Garyjack

Give him a day or two and he'll come back and blame the trust!

But yes, it was points such as that i was alluding to.

DC s form has not been great recently admittedly but they were top a few mnths ago with Rooney. I wish them well. Why not?

Levien has raised their overall valuation significantly by giving the club a stadium of their own which should brng in new money and reduce rent. This of cousre does not diectly retult in improved performances but should help in the long term.

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:36 - Oct 12 with 809 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:06 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

DC s form has not been great recently admittedly but they were top a few mnths ago with Rooney. I wish them well. Why not?

Levien has raised their overall valuation significantly by giving the club a stadium of their own which should brng in new money and reduce rent. This of cousre does not diectly retult in improved performances but should help in the long term.

Well the Rooney project was a pretty short tem project that ultimately didn't really work out.

Who knows if any of their initiatives will bring them success, seems some way off even after 8/9 years of ownership.....

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:36 - Oct 12 with 801 viewsBillyChong

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:06 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

You might want to read this, sounds familiar https://www.blackandredunited.com/2020/10/3/21500571/d-c-united-blow-it-all-up
D C UTD a few similarities on 20:38 - Oct 12 with 794 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 19:36 - Oct 12 by BillyChong

You might want to read this, sounds familiar https://www.blackandredunited.com/2020/10/3/21500571/d-c-united-blow-it-all-up

Swansea under Huw jenkins has 14 consequitive years of success the money gained was reinvested in club infrastucture and playing staff. The club established a good academy in Swansea which cleaned out the one down the road (which they stil have not recovered from). There was one tough season that led to resignation and the loss of the Chairman and two decent season in the Championship with the club back on an upward trajectory despite slashed income. Many predicted a rapid cascade down the leagues and others administration. This has not happened. I hapen to be an optimist and believe the clubs future is sound and in good hands. Call that 'bonkers' if you like. The Swansea way seems ingrained and should continue to deliver.

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:48 - Oct 12 with 791 viewsKilkennyjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:38 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea under Huw jenkins has 14 consequitive years of success the money gained was reinvested in club infrastucture and playing staff. The club established a good academy in Swansea which cleaned out the one down the road (which they stil have not recovered from). There was one tough season that led to resignation and the loss of the Chairman and two decent season in the Championship with the club back on an upward trajectory despite slashed income. Many predicted a rapid cascade down the leagues and others administration. This has not happened. I hapen to be an optimist and believe the clubs future is sound and in good hands. Call that 'bonkers' if you like. The Swansea way seems ingrained and should continue to deliver.

So who and how did we clean out Cardiffs academy ?

This should be fun as we only produced Ben Davies as a meaningful player once we got the premiership dosh.

Maybe its the multi-year investment (aka wasted money) in the likes of Kenji Gorre and Gregor Zabret you are referring to ...🤷‍♂️ .... there are many such examples.
Alex Bray is at Chippenham Town.

Beware of the Risen People

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:24 - Oct 12 with 778 viewsReslovenSwan1

D C UTD a few similarities on 20:48 - Oct 12 by Kilkennyjack

So who and how did we clean out Cardiffs academy ?

This should be fun as we only produced Ben Davies as a meaningful player once we got the premiership dosh.

Maybe its the multi-year investment (aka wasted money) in the likes of Kenji Gorre and Gregor Zabret you are referring to ...🤷‍♂️ .... there are many such examples.
Alex Bray is at Chippenham Town.

Cabango Rodon and Roberts were already in the pipeline. Cabango is from the cardiff area. Three full current Welsh internationals. All of them have been with the club for 7 years or more developed and nurtured in the 'Jenkinista era'. Dan James was signed at 15 or 16 and McBurney at 17 they were raw teenagers and it is debateable whether they would have made it without their time at Fairwood. DJ and OM would not have come to Swansea it it were not a top academy.

Bidding for Cabango starts at £10m. Rodon will go for £15m plus and Roberts perhaps £7m or so. That make £32m. James and McBurnie another £35m. The academy was funded form surpluses from the PL years. £67m in sales. Birch indicated it cost £2m a season. Its paid for itself for 33 years. Even if it is £3m pa thats 21 years. Big hopes for Benda, Garrick and Cullen.

Brandon Cooper, Joe Lewis, Ollie Cooper, Jack and Cameron Evans have a decent chance.
Its the fish John West rejects that makes John West the best so there will be many that fall by the wayside. They were all given a good chance. You seem to remember them. Some might get as second chance in the championship.

From what Ihave read about the Wales u16 team that age group could be the best yet with 6-7 young Swans in their squad that beat Belgium 4-0 last season.

Who have Cardiff produced in that period?. The midfied player from Hampshire whos name escaped me. Coxe has bombed Spense moved on and Harris struggling to make an impact.

As a patriot I am disappointed in you. Only a 10-15 ago the best Welsh kids were heading over the border and Swansea and Cardiff were useless. Crowell Lloyd James and Bale prefered Southampton as they had a base in Bath for Welsh kids and Emyr huws went to Man City. Cardiff did well for a while with Ramsey, Ledley, Gunter, Blake and Fleetwood and then went into decline.

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:33 - Oct 12 with 776 viewsChief

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:24 - Oct 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Cabango Rodon and Roberts were already in the pipeline. Cabango is from the cardiff area. Three full current Welsh internationals. All of them have been with the club for 7 years or more developed and nurtured in the 'Jenkinista era'. Dan James was signed at 15 or 16 and McBurney at 17 they were raw teenagers and it is debateable whether they would have made it without their time at Fairwood. DJ and OM would not have come to Swansea it it were not a top academy.

Bidding for Cabango starts at £10m. Rodon will go for £15m plus and Roberts perhaps £7m or so. That make £32m. James and McBurnie another £35m. The academy was funded form surpluses from the PL years. £67m in sales. Birch indicated it cost £2m a season. Its paid for itself for 33 years. Even if it is £3m pa thats 21 years. Big hopes for Benda, Garrick and Cullen.

Brandon Cooper, Joe Lewis, Ollie Cooper, Jack and Cameron Evans have a decent chance.
Its the fish John West rejects that makes John West the best so there will be many that fall by the wayside. They were all given a good chance. You seem to remember them. Some might get as second chance in the championship.

From what Ihave read about the Wales u16 team that age group could be the best yet with 6-7 young Swans in their squad that beat Belgium 4-0 last season.

Who have Cardiff produced in that period?. The midfied player from Hampshire whos name escaped me. Coxe has bombed Spense moved on and Harris struggling to make an impact.

As a patriot I am disappointed in you. Only a 10-15 ago the best Welsh kids were heading over the border and Swansea and Cardiff were useless. Crowell Lloyd James and Bale prefered Southampton as they had a base in Bath for Welsh kids and Emyr huws went to Man City. Cardiff did well for a while with Ramsey, Ledley, Gunter, Blake and Fleetwood and then went into decline.

So the academy has paid for itself for the next 33 years....

So why have the Americans decided to downgrade it then?

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 772 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie was 19 when he arrived.

Cardiff have a few decent kids. Sam Bowen and Kieron Evans are tidy players. Sion Spence gone to Crystal Palace. Harry Pinchard been on trial with us.
D C UTD a few similarities on 21:58 - Oct 12 with 765 viewsGaryjack

D C UTD a few similarities on 21:33 - Oct 12 by Chief

So the academy has paid for itself for the next 33 years....

So why have the Americans decided to downgrade it then?

D C UTD a few similarities on 22:06 - Oct 12 with 755 viewsNotLoyal

Fishv😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

D C UTD a few similarities on 00:09 - Oct 13 with 728 viewsReslovenSwan1

I do not agree with the downgrading of the academy. It is a mistake. It was more than paying its way which the point Kilkenny made. It must be a cash flow issue. I believe Pinchard is signed up as he has been with the cub fr a few weeks now. McBurney was older than In thought but spent 2 years at least in the u21s and was eased into the first team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024