Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poppy Outrage Thread 09:41 - Nov 1 with 8014 viewsNeath_Jack

It's that time of year again.

Post all your rage in here, some annual examples:

A local Muslim owned shop has refused to serve anyone wearing one.

James McLean.

Such and such politician has appeared on TV whilst not wearing one.

Someone wearing a white poppy.

Someone wearing a poppy that isn't orientated at the correct angle.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:32 - Nov 1 with 1342 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 15:37 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

There was everythng wrong with the OP,the way it looked.Maybe it's an example of people taking it the wrong way.

It was a classic case of attacking the poster name and not the subject matter.

There was nothing in that post that doesn't get discussed at this exact time of year, every year. Hence the reason for the post.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:04 - Nov 1 with 1304 viewsFlashberryjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:31 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

Fuming I am Flashy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:20 - Nov 1 with 1283 viewsonehunglow

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:32 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

It was a classic case of attacking the poster name and not the subject matter.

There was nothing in that post that doesn't get discussed at this exact time of year, every year. Hence the reason for the post.

Nice one that.

Fair play.

I'm disappointed with this site today .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:41 - Nov 1 with 1260 viewsGlossolalia

Well said Keith. I applaud your sentiments and the general direction you've steered this site in.

Wear a poppy or not, we shouldn't give a platform to snipes from either sides. We live in a country where our choice to outwardly show appreciation for fallen servicemen and women is unfettered. We should be proud of that fact and not get bogged down with needless weaponising and politicising of a simple gesture.

Let's instead make this a poppy appreciation thread.

My grandfather, a Britton Ferry resident for his 88 years, served and landed on D Day 1944. He chose me, of his four grandchildren, to bequeath his medals to. I hold them dear and will pass them on to my children if I have any.

This year I'll buy a nice little metal one like last year, and wear it in with the knowledge that a simple stray bullet could have resulted in me not existing, and his name etched on a cenotaph. Stay safe and stay humble.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 18:06]
Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:47 - Nov 1 with 1248 viewstrampie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46099843

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:52 - Nov 1 with 1191 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 17:47 - Nov 1 by trampie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46099843

“I do not want to undermine the poppy as a symbol of pride within Britain”

It’s not a symbol of pride, it’s a symbol of remembrance. It doesn’t glorify war or the bombing of Serbia. It simply honours ordinary folk who fell. Why do people struggle with this concept so much? Unless they’re a bit twp.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:55 - Nov 1 with 1190 viewsBrian_Laudrup

The outrage of people not wearimg poppies thread, melt.
Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:03 - Nov 1 with 1162 viewsFlashberryjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:55 - Nov 1 by Brian_Laudrup

The outrage of people not wearimg poppies thread, melt.

What is your opinion ?

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:06 - Nov 1 with 1156 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:03 - Nov 1 by Flashberryjack

What is your opinion ?

You're going to like his reply, as his post is a dig at my OP.

Get up voting Flashy boy.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:27 - Nov 1 with 1126 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:52 - Nov 1 by Highjack

“I do not want to undermine the poppy as a symbol of pride within Britain”

It’s not a symbol of pride, it’s a symbol of remembrance. It doesn’t glorify war or the bombing of Serbia. It simply honours ordinary folk who fell. Why do people struggle with this concept so much? Unless they’re a bit twp.

Are you saying we bomb Serbia and then remember the people we killed ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:35 - Nov 1 with 1114 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:27 - Nov 1 by trampie

Obviously not. That’s some impressive mental gymnastics there though fair play.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:36 - Nov 1 with 1111 viewsFlashberryjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:06 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

You're going to like his reply, as his post is a dig at my OP.

Get up voting Flashy boy.

Didn't realise it was a dig at your post, I really didn't.

But you would know about snide digs, bit of a forte of yours.

Hello

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:44 - Nov 1 with 1092 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:35 - Nov 1 by Highjack

Obviously not. That’s some impressive mental gymnastics there though fair play.

I didn't think you meant that but that is the way it reads, if you was a Serb and your town had been bombed by the RAF working for NATO would you wear a poppy ?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:44 - Nov 1 with 1091 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:36 - Nov 1 by Flashberryjack

Didn't realise it was a dig at your post, I really didn't.

But you would know about snide digs, bit of a forte of yours.

You've had an internet hard on for me, ever since i took the piss out of you and your mate. The one who wears a Barnsley football jersey that says, Swans are my second team on it.

I think it's quite cute to be honest.

Anyway this thread is a perfect example of the polarisation on this forum. They saw my name, assume that I am some rabid left winger, read the word poppy, put 2+2 together, and come up with 3253479687349.

And even after it's been explained, the right wingers are still moving about, voting up their fellow patriots.

You've been on this forum for donkeys years, do we not have loads of threads with people going off their heads at some of the subjects i put in my OP. Go on, see if you can answer this bit honestly.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:09 - Nov 1 with 1054 viewsGlossolalia

Seems like this thread isn't what is said on the tin. I would hazard that nearly everyone on here would respect a person's decision not to wear a poppy, and in fact, wouldn't question the absence of one in the first place. The issue, if there is one, is intolerance either way.

To be threatened for not wearing one is akin to lambasting someone for not taking the knee, or not clapping on a Thursday. It's a show of commemoration, respect and/or admiration but not the difference between caring for the fallen or not. It is not the sole barometer to measure one's compassion. The same applies to any display of appreciation.
Get over this left/right wing, point-scoring nonsense and remember how damn lucky we are to have petty squabbles.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 21:11]
Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:30 - Nov 1 with 1028 viewsFlashberryjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:44 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

You've had an internet hard on for me, ever since i took the piss out of you and your mate. The one who wears a Barnsley football jersey that says, Swans are my second team on it.

I think it's quite cute to be honest.

Anyway this thread is a perfect example of the polarisation on this forum. They saw my name, assume that I am some rabid left winger, read the word poppy, put 2+2 together, and come up with 3253479687349.

And even after it's been explained, the right wingers are still moving about, voting up their fellow patriots.

You've been on this forum for donkeys years, do we not have loads of threads with people going off their heads at some of the subjects i put in my OP. Go on, see if you can answer this bit honestly.

"You've had an internet hard on for me" you're bloody deluded, and you must be mixing me up with someone who really gives a toss what you think (although I admit your constant snide digs at me do slightly annoy me).

Unless it's escaped you, this is an internet forum, so for sure, there will be some that will be more vociferous about opinions than others, but on the whole, most are pretty fair minded posters, that put up reasonable argument for debate (excepting the few that have inflexible beliefs) .

To me, it does seem pretty obvious that you've taken a dislike to me and my postings, so maybe it would be better you put me on ignore.

Hello

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:34 - Nov 1 with 1025 viewsDJack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:22 - Nov 1 by Flashberryjack

Funny how you accuse everyone on here of being "outraged" whilst it seems you are more outraged than anyone else.

Exercising his freeze peach or summat so you should be supporting him...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:35 - Nov 1 with 1022 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:44 - Nov 1 by trampie

I didn't think you meant that but that is the way it reads, if you was a Serb and your town had been bombed by the RAF working for NATO would you wear a poppy ?

That’s completely irrelevant to the point I was making...

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:36 - Nov 1 with 1022 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:30 - Nov 1 by Flashberryjack

"You've had an internet hard on for me" you're bloody deluded, and you must be mixing me up with someone who really gives a toss what you think (although I admit your constant snide digs at me do slightly annoy me).

Unless it's escaped you, this is an internet forum, so for sure, there will be some that will be more vociferous about opinions than others, but on the whole, most are pretty fair minded posters, that put up reasonable argument for debate (excepting the few that have inflexible beliefs) .

To me, it does seem pretty obvious that you've taken a dislike to me and my postings, so maybe it would be better you put me on ignore.

So, you can't answer it truthfully then.

Thank you, you have just proven my point perfectly.

As for taken a dislike to you, behave will you, I am civil to everyone unless they are uncivil to me.

You can also post up ten examples of my snide comments to you as well. Seeing as they are constant you should have no problem.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:45 - Nov 1 with 1001 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:35 - Nov 1 by Highjack

That’s completely irrelevant to the point I was making...

It is the point McClean gets no end of abuse for not wearing a poppy and he comes from the Bogside where lots of people were killed, would you wear a poppy if you came from the same background as him ?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:46 - Nov 1 with 1000 viewsCatullus

Poppy Outrage Thread on 20:27 - Nov 1 by trampie

No but the people of Serbia have their own way of paying their respects to their countrymen and women who fell in a war.

http://www.serbia.com/about-serbia/serbia-history/world-war-one/natalies-ramonda

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:55 - Nov 1 with 985 viewsFireboy2

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:45 - Nov 1 by trampie

It is the point McClean gets no end of abuse for not wearing a poppy and he comes from the Bogside where lots of people were killed, would you wear a poppy if you came from the same background as him ?

I get what you say but what do you say about the photo of him reading a story to his two small children wearing a balaclava?
Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:56 - Nov 1 with 983 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:45 - Nov 1 by trampie

No you missed the point yet again. Bloody hell this is hard work...I’m not questioning him for not wearing a poppy. That’s his choice. I’m questioning his interpretation of the poppy as being a “symbol of pride for Britain”.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:59 - Nov 1 with 978 viewsFlashberryjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:36 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

So, you can't answer it truthfully then.

Thank you, you have just proven my point perfectly.

As for taken a dislike to you, behave will you, I am civil to everyone unless they are uncivil to me.

You can also post up ten examples of my snide comments to you as well. Seeing as they are constant you should have no problem.

I just answered you truthfully, and in a civil manner.

Again, you're mixing me up with someone who has the faintest inclination to go digging through old posts to prove a point.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, the missus has just made me nice cup of Horlicks, so I bid you goodnight.

Hello

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:10 - Nov 1 with 966 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 21:56 - Nov 1 by Highjack

No you missed the point yet again. Bloody hell this is hard work...I’m not questioning him for not wearing a poppy. That’s his choice. I’m questioning his interpretation of the poppy as being a “symbol of pride for Britain”.

You know what they say, wear your poppy with pride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024