Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poppy Outrage Thread 09:41 - Nov 1 with 7954 viewsNeath_Jack

It's that time of year again.

Post all your rage in here, some annual examples:

A local Muslim owned shop has refused to serve anyone wearing one.

James McLean.

Such and such politician has appeared on TV whilst not wearing one.

Someone wearing a white poppy.

Someone wearing a poppy that isn't orientated at the correct angle.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:51 - Nov 2 with 1256 viewsLohengrin

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:17 - Nov 2 by trampie

They fought alongside us in the Great War Lohengrin being part of the Union state at that point in time (let Perch know that fact will you) and lots of them fought for us in WW2, but they have their own commemoration day (a totally different date to ours).
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 18:18]

They have a national commemoration of ‘war’ in July but the 11th is still marked by church services throughout the South,Tramp. The big one at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin has been held every year since 1919.

All the publicity around the rolling commemorations for the centenary of key events of the Great War, coupled with the massive enthusiasm of the last decade or so for researching family trees, has led to a big upswing in participation.

The Cork and Dublin branches of the WFA are absolutely thriving.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:10 - Nov 2 with 1230 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:51 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

They have a national commemoration of ‘war’ in July but the 11th is still marked by church services throughout the South,Tramp. The big one at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin has been held every year since 1919.

All the publicity around the rolling commemorations for the centenary of key events of the Great War, coupled with the massive enthusiasm of the last decade or so for researching family trees, has led to a big upswing in participation.

The Cork and Dublin branches of the WFA are absolutely thriving.

11th July next year is the centenary of the ceasefire between the IRA and the British forces, it will probably be a bigger celebration than normal, although it's just not the war of independence they are commemorating apparently it's all wars where the Irish have fallen, although they have it on that date.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:21 - Nov 2 with 1215 viewsLohengrin

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:10 - Nov 2 by trampie

11th July next year is the centenary of the ceasefire between the IRA and the British forces, it will probably be a bigger celebration than normal, although it's just not the war of independence they are commemorating apparently it's all wars where the Irish have fallen, although they have it on that date.

”...all wars where the Irish have fallen.”

And Seamus Coleman’s leg...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:34 - Nov 2 with 1200 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:21 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

”...all wars where the Irish have fallen.”

And Seamus Coleman’s leg...

Indeed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:07 - Nov 3 with 1128 viewsHighjack

That genius and leader of men “Femi” is OUTRAGED that people on the bbc are wearing poppies.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:09 - Nov 3 with 1128 viewsNeath_Jack

Another superb display this year, at our Cenotaph 💂🏼‍♀️🙌🏻

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:10 - Nov 3 with 1127 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:09 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

I pass it every day, I think it’s a fantastic monument.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:15 - Nov 3 with 1120 viewsFireboy2

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:09 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

That is very impressive NJ.
Login to get fewer ads

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:17 - Nov 3 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:07 - Nov 3 by Highjack

That genius and leader of men “Femi” is OUTRAGED that people on the bbc are wearing poppies.

Maybe he missed that people of all colours and all sexual orientations fought and died? The poppy doesn't discriminate.

I outraged myself today, I forget to buy a Poppy! Naught me, it's utterly outrageous.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:24 - Nov 3 with 1108 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:17 - Nov 3 by Catullus

Maybe he missed that people of all colours and all sexual orientations fought and died? The poppy doesn't discriminate.

I outraged myself today, I forget to buy a Poppy! Naught me, it's utterly outrageous.

I haven’t been able to get one either, doesn’t seem to be anyone out and about selling them this year.

As for Femi he got put in his place quite quickly as the guidelines were put to him that show that bbc employees are indeed allowed to attend pride marches. He really is a fool.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1106 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:15 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

That is very impressive NJ.

It's superb mate.

This town is far from the place it was when i was growing up, but some of the people in this community are absolutely wonderful.

Over this half term, a local group of volunteers have been making and delivering, free of charge, hot meals to the local children.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:26 - Nov 3 with 1103 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:24 - Nov 3 by Highjack

I haven’t been able to get one either, doesn’t seem to be anyone out and about selling them this year.

As for Femi he got put in his place quite quickly as the guidelines were put to him that show that bbc employees are indeed allowed to attend pride marches. He really is a fool.

They've got the poppy stand on sale by the exit of Neath Abbey Tesco. Sadly no vets there with it this year though.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:31 - Nov 3 with 1100 viewsHighjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:25 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

It's superb mate.

This town is far from the place it was when i was growing up, but some of the people in this community are absolutely wonderful.

Over this half term, a local group of volunteers have been making and delivering, free of charge, hot meals to the local children.

It’s just beautifully built. Striking. And it’s obviously been well maintained over the years. That old library building is stunning too. We just don’t build nice things anymore. Everything seems to be done on the cheap.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:36 - Nov 3 with 1093 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:31 - Nov 3 by Highjack

It’s just beautifully built. Striking. And it’s obviously been well maintained over the years. That old library building is stunning too. We just don’t build nice things anymore. Everything seems to be done on the cheap.

And both are only kept looking like they are through local volunteers. It's scandalous.

They were trying to close the Library a couple of years ago, and no doubt it would have been knocked down and flats built there.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:42 - Nov 3 with 1088 viewsBoundy

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:10 - Nov 3 by Highjack

I pass it every day, I think it’s a fantastic monument.

Not that it should be a competition because its not but one of the more impressive memorials. When ever out cycling and passing the Swansea Cenotaph I always stop to pay my respects regardless of the time of year and it always strikes me how poorly its maintained .
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 18:46]

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Poppy Outrage Thread on 15:33 - Nov 4 with 1029 viewsCatullus

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:24 - Nov 3 by Highjack

Thye're selling them in the shop in NPT hospital too. Got one today.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:31 - Nov 8 with 972 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A very quiet but still moving and sombre ceremony at the cenotaph this morning remember all those from across the world who lost their lives on the many wars.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 12:10 - Nov 8 with 955 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:31 - Nov 8 by felixstowe_jack

A very quiet but still moving and sombre ceremony at the cenotaph this morning remember all those from across the world who lost their lives on the many wars.

I took my 2 year old grandson to his first Remembrance day today.

My 93 year old Grandfather was laying a wreath on behalf of his old regiment (REME).

He was extremely proud to be introducing his Great, Great, Grandson to all the other veterans in attendance. I was busy working out all the different regiments being represented, but couldn't miss the enormous, ex Welsh Guard Sergeant Major.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 12:14 - Nov 8 with 949 viewsNotLoyal

Poppy Outrage Thread on 12:10 - Nov 8 by Neath_Jack

I took my 2 year old grandson to his first Remembrance day today.

My 93 year old Grandfather was laying a wreath on behalf of his old regiment (REME).

He was extremely proud to be introducing his Great, Great, Grandson to all the other veterans in attendance. I was busy working out all the different regiments being represented, but couldn't miss the enormous, ex Welsh Guard Sergeant Major.

Superb post Neathy, very positive, your grandson is a lucky kid.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Poppy Outrage Thread on 14:03 - Nov 8 with 917 viewsBoundy

A more than decent turn out today at St Helens , although the amount of poppy wreaths laid appeared to be down on previous years. But a very respectful service by those attended and the public who were passing by and it looks like the Merchant Navy memorial had similar numbers .

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:58 - Nov 8 with 892 viewstrampie

I fully support the poppy appeal but have been disappointed in recent years the way people have been pressured to wear it, I always wear one, football is a good example, I don't remember football making such a fuss years ago and a small gripe, why has the poppy badge seemed to have gone to a light red colour, I'm sure it was a dark red years ago and I don't remember the leaf, also why can't we have a proper poppy badge like the Canadians and the Scots.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 19:42]

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:24 - Nov 8 with 886 viewsBoundy

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:58 - Nov 8 by trampie

I fully support the poppy appeal but have been disappointed in recent years the way people have been pressured to wear it, I always wear one, football is a good example, I don't remember football making such a fuss years ago and a small gripe, why has the poppy badge seemed to have gone to a light red colour, I'm sure it was a dark red years ago and I don't remember the leaf, also why can't we have a proper poppy badge like the Canadians and the Scots.

Why not start a petition , I'm sure you'd have some support. Just one point maybe we don't have a Canadian poppy because , and I'm guessing here, is because we're not Canadian

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:41 - Nov 8 with 878 viewstrampie

Poppy Outrage Thread on 19:24 - Nov 8 by Boundy

Why not start a petition , I'm sure you'd have some support. Just one point maybe we don't have a Canadian poppy because , and I'm guessing here, is because we're not Canadian

The Canadians and Scottish poppies mirror the poppies that grow in Northern France when the Welsh and English don't, strange but there you go.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 852 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see the ROI lay a wreath at the cenotaph today in remembrance for all the Irish who fought in WWI and 50,000 Irish volunteers who fought in WWII.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 00:49 - Nov 9 with 836 viewstheloneranger

Poppy Outrage Thread on 18:58 - Nov 8 by trampie

The poppy with a leaf started in 1995. Before that the leaf was a separate item.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024