Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta 13:10 - Nov 6 with 1099 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/53336/they-wore-the-shir

Michu, is there anything else to say ? Pure gold.
Leave your comments below the article, Memories.

This post has been edited by an administrator
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 13:21 - Nov 6 with 1078 viewsKeithHaynes

The first in our ‘They wore the shirt’ feature.
The one and only Michu.
Please comment at the end of the article.
Retweet, share and enjoy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 13:41 - Nov 6 with 1057 viewsonehunglow

A joy to behold and his career ending as it did is nothing less than horrendous.

One of most charismatic and magical players.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 14:34 - Nov 6 with 1033 viewswhiterock

Brilliant feature

Loved Michu, who didn't
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 17:17 - Nov 6 with 977 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’ll never forget QPR 2012 away as long as I live . The best league away day I’ve ever had 90 degrees in London and had a great time drinking In Paddington with hundreds of Swans fans .

I thought I was seeing things when I saw him hit that goal down their end, thought “no, that must have taken a deflection , surely that’s not possible” and in fairness I was a little p*ssed.

Then I got home and saw the replay. Wow, just wow . Our Batistuta or even Mario Kempes.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 0:59]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 18:58 - Nov 6 with 941 viewsQuincy999

I've met many important people. This includes royalty, generals, pop/rock stars etc. But the only time I have ever felt starstruck was when I met Michu in the club shop.
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 20:04 - Nov 6 with 923 viewsswancity

I’ve watched Swansea play in every season since 1971

May be only half a dozen games in some of the seasons

But Michu is right up there in terms of one of the very best and most entertaining players in that time, almost 50 years

That one season of his under Michael Laudrup was very special indeed, one of my best memories was sitting in with the Swans fans at the Emirates Stadium when Michu got our two late goals in a 2-0 win.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 20:32 - Nov 6 with 907 viewsonehunglow

Ivor
Trundle
Michu

The Entertainers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 23:28 - Nov 6 with 851 viewsbuilthjack

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 20:04 - Nov 6 by swancity

I’ve watched Swansea play in every season since 1971

May be only half a dozen games in some of the seasons

But Michu is right up there in terms of one of the very best and most entertaining players in that time, almost 50 years

That one season of his under Michael Laudrup was very special indeed, one of my best memories was sitting in with the Swans fans at the Emirates Stadium when Michu got our two late goals in a 2-0 win.

Looking back, we were incredible. Great player.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 04:19 - Nov 7 with 821 viewsTreforys_Jack

Absolute gold for us, similar to Trundle only at the very top level. Got his shirt from the Norwich game back in 2013/14, prized possession. Legend !!!!
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 11:46 - Nov 7 with 756 viewsPrivate_Partz

I remember being in a Krakow bar watching the Arsenal away game on a very dodgy link. The stream kept dropping in and out.
Saw Michu's first goal then it went down, When it came back up I thought they were replaying his goal only to realise the bugg@r had gone back up the pitch and done it again!!
The best player to ever pull on a Swansea shirt, and rightly number one in this listing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 20:39 - Nov 8 with 677 viewsAnotherJohn

I remember feeling ecstatic when Michu extended his contract, but unfortunately things went downhill so quickly with his chronic ankle problems, the dissent within the camp and the sacking of Laudrup. We just got that tantalising glimpse of what might have been with our win in Valencia. What I'll remember is the quality and excitement of some of his goals - they were at the very highest level. I also felt there was real commitment to our cause (pre-Monk at least) - he was living the dream.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 14:02]
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 20:51 - Nov 8 with 670 viewsFireboy2

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 20:39 - Nov 8 by AnotherJohn

I remember feeling ecstatic when Michu extended his contract, but unfortunately things went downhill so quickly with his chronic ankle problems, the dissent within the camp and the sacking of Laudrup. We just got that tantalising glimpse of what might have been with our win in Valencia. What I'll remember is the quality and excitement of some of his goals - they were at the very highest level. I also felt there was real commitment to our cause (pre-Monk at least) - he was living the dream.

Starting taking my eldest the year he came to us, he absolutely loved him, his first swans hero and imo hes a big reason why my eldest is and always will be a jack b@stard.

Thank you miguel you will forever be a JB.
They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 15:14 - Nov 10 with 602 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did we ever have a better finisher?
Now there’s someone I’d love to have as a forwards coach. Could work wonders for Lowe’s technique.

Meanwhile with two hamstring pulls in central defense - how about getting Chico back on a short term contract?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

They wore the shirt 1 : Miguel Pérez Cuesta on 22:04 - Nov 10 with 570 viewsNotLoyal

The issues with Jenkins and Laudrup became Monks gravy train. He had been at Laudrup since day one.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024