Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 23:27 - Dec 19 with 1715 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 15 Results

CRYSTAL PALACE 0 LIVERPOOL 7

Liverpool registered an away top-flight win by a margin of seven goals for the first time in their history. It was their first league victory by a margin of that size or greater since a 9-0 win over Crystal Palace in September 1989. Crystal Palace conceded seven goals in a home match for the first time in their entire history. Nobody got this spot-on, no surprise there, but 23 did have the outcome.

EVERTON 2 ARSENAL 1
Everton win for the third game running, as this is Arsenal's worst start to a season since the 1974-75 campaign. A massive 12 had this spot-on in what was equally the weeks most predicted score, and a further 11 got the outcome.

BRENTFORD 3 READING 1
Brentford are now unbeaten in 13 Championship games after this comfortable victory. Well done to BFG for being the only one to get this spot-on, and another 22 had the outcome.

LUTON 0 BOURNEMOUTH 0
A fifth successive clean sheet for Bournemouth with this bore draw. Nobody had this spot-on, and only Lewis_1 got the outcome. 22 predicted a win for Bournemouth.

ACCRINGTON 0 BLACKPOOL 0
Blackpool, with seven wins in their last 10 League One games, came up against an Accrington side who had just one defeat in their previous nine encounters. Two in form teams could not break the deadlock in this bore draw. Well done to GOSBTS for being the only one to get this spot-on, and 5 more had the outcome.

BRISTOL ROVERS v OXFORD UNITED POSTPONED Due to Rovers players testing positive for Covid-19

NORTHAMPTON 0 LINCOLN 4
Lincoln moved level on points with League One leaders Portsmouth with an emphatic victory at struggling Northampton. Nobody got this spot-on, but 14 did get the outcome.

PETERBOROUGH v IPSWICH POSTPONED Due to Peterborough players testing positive for Covid-19

BOLTON 0 TRANMERE 3
Keith Hill enjoyed a happy return to his former club, as Tranmere bounce back from losing 5-0 against Exeter in their previous game. Another game with no 3 pointer, and just 2 had the outcome. 21 predicted a win for Bolton with 12 going for a 2-1 in what was the weeks other most predicted score.

HARROGATE 0 SALFORD 1
James Wilson's sixth goal of the season earned Salford victory and condemned the hosts to a fourth straight home defeat. A decent 6 had this spot-on, and another 8 got the outcome.

Tiers Of A Clown If there's a smile on my face, Its only there to fool the public. They are the first two lines from the song of that title first recorded by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles in 1967, and many more since. I find those words appropriate for our Prime Minister now, as the Tiers and restrictions change on what seems like a daily basis. Then we have the bombshell announcement today that the 5 days of Christmas has been cancelled for those who live in London and most of the South-East of England, as they were put in a new Tier 4. Or back into Lockdown. Good luck with that, as many people have already made plans they are not likely to change. The latest change to the Tiers this week means there are now only 25 clubs in Tier 2, with 10 of those in League 2. Even though those clubs can have a maximum of 2,000 fans, nobody living in Tiers 3 & 4 can attend games.

After three weeks with no games being postponed because of players testing positive, we lose two games to the virus this week. That left us with seven games in the afternoon, and one in the evening. The afternoon games continued the recent run of shock results with Brentford being the only home team to win, and the other six home teams failing to even score. Then Everton's 2-1 win this evening saved the week, and thanks to them we ended with a respectable 20 spot-ons in total, and the 86 outcomes made sure everyone put some points on the board this week. Three members did well to have two 3 pointers, with them all getting the wins Everton and Salford. Best of those was concordman, who also had four outcomes to make him the weeks top scorer, for the fourth time this season, with an excellent 10 points. The other two spot-on members were burnsieespana, who got a very decent 8 points, and Sector4, who got a decent 7 points. Best of those who had one 3 pointer were durham-exile, who got the Salford 1-0, and wessex_exile, who had the Everton 2-1. They both got an impressive five outcomes to give them a very decent 8 points.
Week 16 will now be an eight game week to make up for the two postponed games in Week 15.

Champions League It is now two weeks and a maximum of 18 games to find out who this seasons qualifiers are. The member still in the eleventh and final qualifying spot is wessex_exile. But he now has a 4 point cushion back to the nearest pursuers.

In the Premier Having the Everton 2-1 spot-on takes mfb_cufc back to the top. Last weeks leader thrillseeker is second on the first to post rule from sevebalo. Only a point further back, and up a place into fourth is Daniel on the most 3 pointer rule from Blue4U2. Another point behind in sixth is TheFatGooner, and then it is Sector4 another point back in seventh, as this continues to be the most competitive Premier ever. The bottom four have to settle for just getting outcomes, that included an impressive five for gerry_us.

In Division One Another top scoring performance from concordman increases his lead to an impressive 11 points, and keeps him on track to a record breaking season. Just clinging on to the other automatic spot is unitedwhites, as he adds to his impressive number of 3 pointers with the Everton 2-1. Up a place into third, just a point further back, is durham_exile. But only on the most 3 pointer rule, from ghughes11 as he finally gets another 3 pointer, the Everton 2-1. A decent week for wessex_exile enhanced his play-off place, and also making his Champions League competition. Up a place and back into the play-offs for the first time since Week 8 is burnsieespana. The rest of this league remains the same as it was last week.

THE TABLES (120 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

Week 16 Fixtures This is now an eight game week to make up for the two postponed games in Week 15.

ASTON VILLA v CRYSTAL PALACE
FULHAM v SOUTHAMPTON
COVENTRY CITY v STOKE CITY
DERBY COUNTY v PRESTON NORTH END
CREWE ALEXANDRA v FLEETWOOD TOWN
PORTSMOUTH v SWINDON TOWN POSTPONED Due to Portsmouth players testing positive for Covid-19
CHELTENHAM TOWN v STEVENAGE
CRAWLEY TOWN v NEWPORT COUNTY

A very Merry Christmas and good luck everybody.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 15:58]

mfb

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 12:21 - Dec 26 with 484 viewssevebalo

ASTON VILLA v CRYSTAL PALACE 1-2
FULHAM v SOUTHAMPTON 0-2
COVENTRY CITY v STOKE CITY 1-1
DERBY COUNTY v PRESTON NORTH END 1-0
CREWE ALEXANDRA v FLEETWOOD TOWN 1-2
CHELTENHAM TOWN v STEVENAGE 2-1
CRAWLEY TOWN v NEWPORT COUNTY 2-1
Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 12:56 - Dec 26 with 474 viewsbasher2010

1-1
0-2
0-1
1-0
2-0
P-P
3-0
0-2
Happy christmas
Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 14:52 - Dec 26 with 473 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Week 16

ASTON VILLA v CRYSTAL PALACE 2-1
FULHAM v SOUTHAMPTON 1-1
COVENTRY CITY v STOKE CITY 1-2
DERBY COUNTY v PRESTON NORTH END 1-0
CREWE ALEXANDRA v FLEETWOOD TOWN 2-1
PORTSMOUTH v SWINDON TOWN P-P
CHELTENHAM TOWN v STEVENAGE 2-0
CRAWLEY TOWN v NEWPORT COUNTY 1-2

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 16:36 - Dec 26 with 461 viewsconcordman

Merry Christmas to everyone. My gift to you all, I forgot to post. Lot going on right now and predicting results are not top of my priority list.
Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 17:00 - Dec 26 with 457 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 16:36 - Dec 26 by concordman

Merry Christmas to everyone. My gift to you all, I forgot to post. Lot going on right now and predicting results are not top of my priority list.

Happy Xmas mate.
By not posting you got the same points as me!
A BIG FAT ZERO.
Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 21:52 - Dec 26 with 433 viewsconcordman

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 17:00 - Dec 26 by gerry_us

Happy Xmas mate.
A BIG FAT ZERO.

I don’t feel quiet so bad now.
Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 23:44 - Dec 26 with 417 viewsmfb_cufc

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 17:00 - Dec 26 by gerry_us

Happy Xmas mate.
A BIG FAT ZERO.

All those lovely 1-1's and you failed to get any of them. You will be alright this week Gerry as you will have the U's fixture to predict. Backing them to lose should be of benefit to you now.

mfb

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 13:09 - Dec 27 with 393 viewsgerry_us

Happy League 2020/21 Week 16 (of 34) - Deadline Boxing Day 15.00 on 23:44 - Dec 26 by mfb_cufc

All those lovely 1-1's and you failed to get any of them. You will be alright this week Gerry as you will have the U's fixture to predict. Backing them to lose should be of benefit to you now.

Thanks for that observation Mick
Back to basics I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024